What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

I give: 1.05 & Levine Toilolo

I get: 1.06 & Travis Kelce

Am a big believer in Kelce and don't rate Toilolo, so moving down one spot and swapping them was a nice move for me. This is a 2QB league as well, so the 6th pick will still net a top 3 talent or one of the QBs.
I was ok -- not thrilled -- with the trade before you said 2QB league. That'd be like moving the 1.02 for Kelce + 1.03 in a 1QB league.
I see what you're saying, but from my POV I wasn't going to get Evans or Watkins from the 5 spot. QBs are not traditionally drafted high in this league (Geno was 1.12 and EJ Manuel was 2.10 last year, RG3 and Luck went 1.04 and 1.06 the year before) so trading back one spot in a deep class and getting an upside TE is ok with me.

And it's not technically a 2QB league. It's a superflex league with balanced scoring, so not everyone starts 2QBs.
Gotcha. Luck and RG went earlier than that in my 1QB leagues. I can understand your deal now, though it's still risky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am a big believer in Kelce and don't rate Toilolo, so moving down one spot and swapping them was a nice move for me. This is a 2QB league as well, so the 6th pick will still net a top 3 talent or one of the QBs.
I was ok -- not thrilled -- with the trade before you said 2QB league. That'd be like moving the 1.02 for Kelce + 1.03 in a 1QB league.
I see what you're saying, but from my POV I wasn't going to get Evans or Watkins from the 5 spot. QBs are not traditionally drafted high in this league (Geno was 1.12 and EJ Manuel was 2.10 last year, RG3 and Luck went 1.04 and 1.06 the year before) so trading back one spot in a deep class and getting an upside TE is ok with me.

And it's not technically a 2QB league. It's a superflex league with balanced scoring, so not everyone starts 2QBs.
Even in Superflex I don't think it's much of a trade down. It's still going to be a great player available at 1.6. Plus I really like Kelce.

I offered McCoy to another owner and I asked for Spiller, CPatterson and the 1.03. He thought I was crazy but that's what it would take. He is that valuable to me.
You don't get a lot of trades done do you?
I'd probably pay that for McCoy.
:goodposting:
Yep, I'd pay that for McCoy.
That's way too much for a RB who has already used up 4 years of his production.

Spiller/Patterson/1.03 is too much for any player in FF. I guess AJ Green in a PPR league maybe, but not a 26 yr old RB
Spiller is an older, less productive RB, Patterson is potential and the 1.03 is a dart throw. I'd piss my pants if I could buy McCoy for that.

Love this trade. I'm a Kelce believer!

In a just completed DLF April startup mock draft

Morris went before the 1.03

Nicks went before the 1.05

D Rodgers went before the 2.07...I didn't take the time to find Escobar so I will call him a 3.05

So McCoy for the 1.03, 1.05, 2.07 and a 2015 1st....I would still take McCoy, but it makes is look a little better this way
Those mocks include rooks, not picks, and there's no consensus on who will go 1.03. If you can trade Morris for the 1.03 in a ppr, you're quite a salesperson.
I'd bet you can get a 2015 1st from a mediocre team which will likely be a better player than 1.3.

I offered McCoy to another owner and I asked for Spiller, CPatterson and the 1.03. He thought I was crazy but that's what it would take. He is that valuable to me.

Spiller/Patterson/1.03 is too much for any player in FF. I guess AJ Green in a PPR league maybe, but not a 26 yr old RB
Spiller is an older, less productive RB, Patterson is potential and the 1.03 is a dart throw. I'd piss my pants if I could buy McCoy for that.
That is one sick dart. I'd love to land Spiller, Patterson and the 1.03 for McCoy.

That is one sick dart. I'd love to land Spiller, Patterson and the 1.03 for McCoy.
agree, and i really don't think it's close. it's an all in going for broke move and those rarely end up well.

McCoy was interviewed and happy Sproles will take some of the work, his touches are going to be less than last season.

I know it is a lot but if I am going to move an elite player like McCoy someone has to pay me a premium. What's the incentive to move him then? I want a chance at that eliteness with any return. I apologize for taking this thread away from an actual trade but I wanted to comment on why I thought the trade for McCoy was not enough IMO and what it would take for me to move such a player.

In a just completed DLF April startup mock draft

Morris went before the 1.03

Nicks went before the 1.05

D Rodgers went before the 2.07...I didn't take the time to find Escobar so I will call him a 3.05

So McCoy for the 1.03, 1.05, 2.07 and a 2015 1st....I would still take McCoy, but it makes is look a little better this way
Those mocks include rooks, not picks, and there's no consensus on who will go 1.03. If you can trade Morris for the 1.03 in a ppr, you're quite a salesperson.
I'd bet you can get a 2015 1st from a mediocre team which will likely be a better player than 1.3.
Maybe so, but with the 1.03 you could get that 2015 1st and another decent asset.

12 team ppr, QRRWWTKF

Gave: Robert Woods, Dennis Pitta, 3.03

Received: Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller

Team makeup:

Stafford

Martin, Bush, Ingram, Sproles, Miller

Alshon, Floyd, Harvin, Hunter, Streater, Wayne

Jimmy, Gronk

1.03, 1.04

16 team .5ppr

Start 1/2/3/1 and flex

Gave:

Cobb

2015 1st from this years 1.01 (owner doesn't have any Picks before 4th round so should be early again)

Rashad Jennings

Got

Gordon

16 team .5ppr

Start 1/2/3/1 and flex

Gave:

Cobb

2015 1st from this years 1.01 (owner doesn't have any Picks before 4th round so should be early again)

Rashad Jennings

Got

Gordon
Gordon obviously risky but this trade is worth it IMO, though I am not a big Cobb believer.

12 team ppr, QRRWWTKF

Team makeup:

Stafford

Jimmy, Gronk

1.03, 1.04
Starting a max of 3 WR, I think Woods battles his whole career to be even be startable.

Even though I think the Woods/Pitta side has a higher chance of "winning" this trade, I'd take the chance on the RBs as there is a greater chance for a big win there.

Roster construction made both of those guys you moved completely expendable as well.

Gordon obviously risky but this trade is worth it IMO, though I am not a big Cobb believer.
I'd go the other way, personally. I'd try adding something smaller than the pick to Cobb for Jeffery, or try getting something in addition to Marshall or Allen. But I think this is a good return and a solid sell high on Gordon. If Gordon keeps clean and doesn't miss Norv and Chud--it's not bad. If he gets popped again, or comes back down to earth--it's a big win.

agree, and i really don't think it's close. it's an all in going for broke move and those rarely end up well.
McCoy was interviewed and happy Sproles will take some of the work, his touches are going to be less than last season.
I'm with you, and would take Spiller, Patterson and the pick over McCoy without much thought. That said, I think Sproles is a very good thing for McCoy, as a dynasty owner. I'm fine with him getting a couple touches removed from his load, especially as Sproles should serve to open the field more than it was already.

12 team ppr, QRRWWTKF

Team makeup:

Stafford

Jimmy, Gronk

1.03, 1.04
Starting a max of 3 WR, I think Woods battles his whole career to be even be startable.Even though I think the Woods/Pitta side has a higher chance of "winning" this trade, I'd take the chance on the RBs as there is a greater chance for a big win there.

Roster construction made both of those guys you moved completely expendable as well.
Definitely agree with everything. I'm still a Lamar Miller fan and do think he's more talented. Moreno will get his opportunities, but I think Lamar will show more flashes and gain some confidence with a much improved OL. I essentially got him as a throw in for the swap of 3.03.

Pitta was on waivers when I snagged him last season. Only reason being we have no IR/taxi squad in this league. Rosters are 25 players.

I'd go the other way, personally. I'd try adding something smaller than the pick to Cobb for Jeffery, or try getting something in addition to Marshall or Allen. But I think this is a good return and a solid sell high on Gordon. If Gordon keeps clean and doesn't miss Norv and Chud--it's not bad. If he gets popped again, or comes back down to earth--it's a big win.
I realise it's a lot but I'm happy enough with it. I've got a ridiculous roster in this league and won't be hurt too much by the deal.

Gives me starting receivers of

Gordon

Green

Julio

Harvin

with Graham and reed at TE and the 1.1 and 1.3 this year

I like Kelce as much as anyone but I think swapping 2nds and the TE's would have made more sense.

Even though not a huge difference between 5 and 6 it might be the last of the 3 QB's which would trade for alot more than your return

I realise it's a lot but I'm happy enough with it. I've got a ridiculous roster in this league and won't be hurt too much by the deal.Gives me starting receivers of

Gordon

Green

Julio

Harvin

You can certainly afford the risk, and it makes sense for you. I do still like it for the other guy, however.

10 Team PPR, QRRWWWTKDF+SF

Team A gave: Rob Gronkowski, 1.08, 1.09, 4.03

Team B gave: Ryan Mathews, Torrey Smith, Jordan Reed, 2.07

Team A roster makeup:

Ryan, Big Ben

Rice, Pierce, Mathews, DMC, Andre Brown

Mega, Fitz, Decker, Torrey, Shorts, Mike Williams, James Jones, Stedman

Julius, Reed

2.07, 2.09, 3.09 etc

Team B:

Cam, Eli

Lynch, Knowshon, MJD, DWill

Cobb, Cruz, Nicks, Tate, Steve Smith, Wayne, Streater

Gronk, Witten

1.07, 1.08, 1.09, 3.07 etc

8 round rookie draft

Team A roster makeup:

Ryan, Big Ben

Julius, Reed

2.07, 2.09, 3.09 etc

Team B:

Cam, Eli

Gronk, Witten

8 round rookie draft
Gronk side. The picks almost equal Smith and Mathews, but no way am I trading Gronk for Reed and the 2.07.

16 team .5ppr

Start 1/2/3/1 and flex

Gave:

Cobb

Rashad Jennings

Got

Gordon
Great price for Gordon imo but Jennings doesn't inspire me

12 team ppr, QRRWWTKF

Team makeup:

Stafford

Jimmy, Gronk

1.03, 1.04
Bush and Miller

12 Team PPR League QRRWWWTFD

A gave: Cam, Vereen

B gave: Brady, Torrey, Edelman, Amendola
Cam/Vereen for me

I would probably pay that for McCoy but I would likely trade McCoy for that too depending on what my team looked like.

Pretty fair deal. Lots of upside for a proven commodity

I realise it's a lot but I'm happy enough with it. I've got a ridiculous roster in this league and won't be hurt too much by the deal.

Gives me starting receivers of

Gordon

Green

Julio

Harvin

You can certainly afford the risk, and it makes sense for you. I do still like it for the other guy, however.
Agreed, that's how I like to do trades though, no long term value in ripping someone off.

Team A roster makeup:

Ryan, Big Ben

Julius, Reed

2.07, 2.09, 3.09 etc

Team B:

Cam, Eli

Gronk, Witten

8 round rookie draft
Gronk side. The picks almost equal Smith and Mathews, but no way am I trading Gronk for Reed and the 2.07.
+1

My league has been playing Julio Jones hot potato recently:

14 team PPR 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex

1) Julio Jones+3.03 for Andre Ellington+Michael Crabtree+1.11+2015 1st

2) Julio Jones+CJ Anderson+Coby Fleener+2.04 for AJ Green+Charles Clay

3) Julio Jones+1.06 for Josh Gordon+2.02

(I've also been offered Julio by two of these teams; Julio+Fitzgerald+2.10 for Dez+1.02 and Julio+Rueben Randle+1.06 for Dez+1.02+2015 2nd).
Julio Jones hot potato continues. I just accepted:

Julio Jones + Rueben Randle + 4.10 for

Dez Bryant + 3.02 + 2015 1st + 2016 2nd

12 team PPR Start Up Dynasty Trade. Draft should start today.

Team A trades start up 3.05, 5.02 and rookie 2.08

Team B trades start up 5.09, 26.02 and rookie picks 1.02 and 3.02.

• Team A gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick
  • Team B gave up Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick
Now to understand this deal, Team B had the 1st pick this year and is projected by everyone in our league but him to have first pick next year while the pick Team A gave up in the 2nd next year should be a later pick in that round.

Team Bs Roster:

Brady, Tom NEP QB Cousins, Kirk WAS QB Dalton, Andy CIN QB McCown, Josh TBB QB

Bush, Michael FA RB Davis, Knile KCC RB James, Mike TBB RB Leach, Vonta FA RB Reece, Marcel OAK RB Robinson, Denard JAC RB Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB Turbin, Robert SEA RB Young, Darrel WAS RB

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR Ginn Jr., Ted ARI WR Jennings, Greg MIN WR Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR Moore, Denarius OAK WR Pettis, Austin STL WR Quick, Brian STL WR Washington, Nate TEN WR

Celek, Brent PHI TE Graham, Garrett HOU TE Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

My league has been playing Julio Jones hot potato recently:

14 team PPR 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 Flex

1) Julio Jones+3.03 for Andre Ellington+Michael Crabtree+1.11+2015 1st

2) Julio Jones+CJ Anderson+Coby Fleener+2.04 for AJ Green+Charles Clay

3) Julio Jones+1.06 for Josh Gordon+2.02

(I've also been offered Julio by two of these teams; Julio+Fitzgerald+2.10 for Dez+1.02 and Julio+Rueben Randle+1.06 for Dez+1.02+2015 2nd).
Julio Jones hot potato continues. I just accepted:

Julio Jones + Rueben Randle + 4.10 for

Dez Bryant + 3.02 + 2015 1st + 2016 2nd
I like Dez side better but if you prefer Julio I could see that being a decent deal

12 team PPR start 2RB, 3WR and 1 Flex

Gave: Britt

Got: 2015 2nd rounder

He was behind Julio, Harvin, Hopkins, Patterson and Blackmon and I needed to open roster spots eventually for incoming rookies.

cstu said:
maxhyde said:
Tibereas said:
12 team PPR Start Up Dynasty Trade. Draft should start today.

Team A trades start up 3.05, 5.02 and rookie 2.08

Team B trades start up 5.09, 26.02 and rookie picks 1.02 and 3.02.
Team B really took advantage of the Evans love
Evan's ADP is ~35 right now so the trade is very even if you value him that high.
3.05 is only the 29th pick and add to that the 5.02 for 5.09 downgrade and the minor 2.08 to 3.02 downgrade, Team A paid more like the an equivalent of a 3.01 for a player that you say has an ADP of 3.11. Not bad, but you must be higher on Evans than the ADP of 35 to pay that price.

Phenix said:
Now to understand this deal, Team B had the 1st pick this year and is projected by everyone in our league but him to have first pick next year while the pick Team A gave up in the 2nd next year should be a later pick in that round.

Team Bs Roster:

Bush, Michael FA RB Davis, Knile KCC RB James, Mike TBB RB Leach, Vonta FA RB Reece, Marcel OAK RB Robinson, Denard JAC RB Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB Turbin, Robert SEA RB Young, Darrel WAS RB

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR Ginn Jr., Ted ARI WR Jennings, Greg MIN WR Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR Moore, Denarius OAK WR Pettis, Austin STL WR Quick, Brian STL WR Washington, Nate TEN WR

I know no one has commented because it seems pretty even but people are bent that this trade went down in my league, I have the harassing emails to prove it.

Is 1.12 this year and 2.06-2.09 (2015) for 1.01-03 (2015) for 2.01-03 (2015) that bad?

As you can see above the team above is pretty bad and has the 1.12 pick now so will have a later rookie pick.

Gave:

Stafford (have Rodgers)

Andre Johnson

Kenny Stills

Get:

Dez Bryant

Eli Manning

Heath Miller

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

I know no one has commented because it seems pretty even but people are bent that this trade went down in my league, I have the harassing emails to prove it.

Is 1.12 this year and 2.06-2.09 (2015) for 1.01-03 (2015) for 2.01-03 (2015) that bad?

As you can see above the team above is pretty bad and has the 1.12 pick now so will have a later rookie pick.
Post the harrassing emails.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

It doesn't seem pretty even, it's an awful trade. There's a reason the guy is picking 1.01.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

Seems pretty even? Would you have made this trade if you had Team B's roster?

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

It doesn't seem pretty even, it's an awful trade. There's a reason the guy is picking 1.01.
No kidding. Horrible. I'd be mad too if I was in that league.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

The real question is how in the world did his team get that bad?
He did the same exact thing last year trading his first for another teams first and his team was just as bad then. He has more confidence in his team than others. For those who know him its Team Ramrod so ask him about it. I guess I got a swindle, I am OK with that.

My guess is he wanted a first this year pretty bad so he made the deal.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

He did the same exact thing last year trading his first for another teams first and his team was just as bad then. He has more confidence in his team than others. For those who know him its Team Ramrod so ask him about it. I guess I got a swindle, I am OK with that.

Yep, you got a swindle, but from the looks of it you offered the deal not him. IMO how could you offer that deal? Seems you were looking to take advantage of him.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

Yep, you got a swindle, but from the looks of it you offered the deal not him. IMO how could you offer that deal? Seems you were looking to take advantage of him.
How could I offer it? Because I am trying to better my team, he is a responsible owner he can accept or decline he accepted because he liked the deal I suppose. Value is in the eye of the beholder, I am certain he probably doesn't think his pick will be first over all. I try to take advantage of everyone, others try to take advantage of me.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

This guy should be run out of the league. Terrible team owners like that do more to destroy dynasty leagues than anything else.

war

Users who are viewing this thread