What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Awesome, you like Ball more than Gio. You are in the very small minority.
Give me Ball. That minority will be all but full fledge census this time next year.
whatever floats your boat.

Gio talent>>>>Ball talent

Ball situation>>>>Gio situation

two young backs, give me the more talented guy.

If Ball scores more than Gio this year, so be it. Still takin Gio
I'm not saying it's a guarantee or even likely, but I do think there's some chance of CJ Anderson making that Denver situation into more of a mess than anticipated. That would be great irony if people were buying Ball because of his great situation and he ended up getting pipped by an unheralded teammate.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee or even likely, but I do think there's some chance of CJ Anderson making that Denver situation into more of a mess than anticipated. That would be great irony if people were buying Ball because of his great situation and he ended up getting pipped by an unheralded teammate.
I dont think its likely, but possible. WHo is passing up Gio on the depth chart?? Nooooobody.

Talent>>situation in dynasty. Never know, Manning leaves in a year and you got:

Gio talent>>>Balls talent

Gio Situation>>>Balls situation

Gios points>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Balls points

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm with you there. I'd much rather have Gio. Especially since this isn't redraft we're talking about.

ghostguy123 said:
Here was another fun one in my 12 team dynasty. Large rosters (up to 35) and up to 30 man taxi squad where players can be kept up to 3 years. SAlary cap.

2015 1st (looks like a pretty good bet to be a playoff team)

for these picks this year:

The one team certainly cornered the market on 4th round picks. :loco:
You saying that guy got hosed?
No, I just think it's odd that he had that many 4th round picks to start with (and the one late 3rd). He must ask for a 4th rounder in every trade. You often see a team accumulate a lot of 1st. I've never seen a team collect 4th rounders like that.

I don't know enough about the format to judge. I haven't played in any salary cap leagues.

ghostguy123 said:
Here was another fun one in my 12 team dynasty. Large rosters (up to 35) and up to 30 man taxi squad where players can be kept up to 3 years. SAlary cap.

2015 1st (looks like a pretty good bet to be a playoff team)

for these picks this year:

The one team certainly cornered the market on 4th round picks. :loco:
You saying that guy got hosed?
It's a deep draft and all but that's pushing it. However, with those deep rosters it could work out since I've seen a lot of good players end up in that range.

cstu said:
It's a deep draft and all but that's pushing it. However, with those deep rosters it could work out since I've seen a lot of good players end up in that range.
thats why I did it. I am in ridiculous monster rebuild mode. I have four other 2015 1sts still that should all be better picks than the one I traded (at least three will).

I have 17 picks now this year in rounds 2-4. The ability to hold these guys for up to 3 years is key. In leagues with smaller rosters there are always guys being cut before we see what they have. I wont have to do that.

Now, with those 9 picks, obviously if ONE of them becomes a good player the deal was a success. I am gambling that I have a better chance to get one good player with those 9 later picks than one likely late 1st round pick in 2015. ................with of course the potential for 2-3 good players.

EBF said:
ghostguy123 said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
Give me Ball. That minority will be all but full fledge census this time next year.

I like Gio more but I think the argument for Ball is strong. If you're taking Ball straight up obviously you're leaving some market value on the floor. But if you can get late 1st or other considerations on top of it, I could be easily convinced to chase the redraft points. If you believe in the redraft points, you can always sell high next year.

Being afraid of CJ Anderson is like being afraid of Starks taking over for Lacy. Or to put it another way Todman taking over for Gerhart. The NFL is filled with backs, respect what the team has invested in the player.

EBF said:
ghostguy123 said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:

I like Gio more but I think the argument for Ball is strong. If you're taking Ball straight up obviously you're leaving some market value on the floor. But if you can get late 1st or other considerations on top of it, I could be easily convinced to chase the redraft points. If you believe in the redraft points, you can always sell high next year.

Being afraid of CJ Anderson is like being afraid of Starks taking over for Lacy. Or to put it another way Todman taking over for Gerhart. The NFL is filled with backs, respect what the team has invested in the player.
I think the issue with this trade for me is the value. If you think Ball is better than Gio, that's fine. But I think it's pretty safe to say that market value wise, Gio has more value than Ball and Randle has more value than a 2015 2nd, by a good margin.

ghostguy123 said:
EBF said:
I dont think its likely, but possible. WHo is passing up Gio on the depth chart?? Nooooobody.

Talent>>situation in dynasty. Never know, Manning leaves in a year and you got:

Gio talent>>>Balls talent

Gio Situation>>>Balls situation

Gios points>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Balls points
Like EBF said, Gio is likely to always be in a time share and I'm not talking 70/30 either. If law firm isn't that guy, then someone else probably will be. Perhaps someone like Jeremy Hill.

Like EBF said, Gio is likely to always be in a time share and I'm not talking 70/30 either. If law firm isn't that guy, then someone else probably will be. Perhaps someone like Jeremy Hill.
cant say I agree with that. He might, but likely?

I also think Ball has a much higher chance to flame out.

And as for the Randle part, that just made the deal really lopsided IMO

cant say I agree with that. He might, but likely?

I also think Ball has a much higher chance to flame out.

And as for the Randle part, that just made the deal really lopsided IMO
ok

Ball went from a buy low, to a sell high--very fast. I was recently told that I'd need to add the 1.03 to Cruz to get him, and that he's a top 20 overall player.

Ball flashed ball security and pass protection issues last season He didn't get the target:carry ratio that Moreno did, and I don't know that he will this season either. He's going to share the role, too. It might not be CJ, but it will be someone.

Ball went from a buy low, to a sell high--very fast. I was recently told that I'd need to add the 1.03 to Cruz to get him, and that he's a top 20 overall player.

Ball flashed ball security and pass protection issues last season He didn't get the target:carry ratio that Moreno did, and I don't know that he will this season either. He's going to share the role, too. It might not be CJ, but it will be someone.
I like him more than Wilson/Miller from last year...........................but it's like Deja Vu.

He has definitely become a very good "sell".

Team A trades: Lacy, K Wright and the #5 rookie pick

Team B trades Forte, #2 and #7 rookie picks

Not sure how I feel about it.
I feel like the former Forte owner made out pretty well.I am not a Lacy fan but at worst Lacy=Forte+1.07.

Then KWright/1.05 for pick 1.02 seems like a overpay for Evans
I would call it Lacy for the 1.2, Wright for Forte and the 1.5 and 17 are almost equal.

wasn't he in a timeshare in 2013????
Oh, well, ya got me there. I forgot every rookie in history who was in a timeshare their rookie years stayed in a timeshare forever.

You can't possibly be serious with that response.

And to take it a bit further..........if we are somehow now convinced Gio will be in a timeshare because of last year, what is to be expected of Ball who barely got touches??

Jesus, horrid logic. As bad as it gets

calm down, I just asked a question.

And comparing him to Ball is laughable, isn't the LawFirm still on the roster?

Most everyone is assuming that Gio can be a workhorse back, much like they did with Spiller. There is a reason why some guys can't carry the load.

BJGE???? lol

every team has another RB on the roster..............and the majority of them are better than BJ#######GE

yeah you asked a question, but it was a pretty silly question.

Or like being afraid that Arian Foster could outplay Ben Tate.

I think Ball is clearly the favorite to win that job. I think Anderson is an intriguing guy in his own right though and potentially talented enough to complicate things. Part of that is that I think Ball is a very average talent in NFL terms. A lot of the guys who spent top 5-6 rookie picks on Ben Tate way back when also went to the trouble of getting Foster as insurance, and that's what really saved their asses. If I spent big on Ball I would probably toss in a late 3rd-4th round rookie pick to get Anderson just in case. Of course, I say that as a guy who is pretty ho-hum on Ball's ability and moderately high on Anderson. If I had total faith in Ball, I might not bother.

calm down, I just asked a question.

And comparing him to Ball is laughable, isn't the LawFirm still on the roster?

Most everyone is assuming that Gio can be a workhorse back, much like they did with Spiller. There is a reason why some guys can't carry the load.
And so now Gio is a little smaller so he all of a sudden cant carry the load. Nice. I keep forgetting that all the bigger backs are constantly healthy while the smaller guys arent.

But yeah, maybe you are right. Why hand the ball to Gio for 5 or more YPC when we can get 3 from BJGE. We did it last year, so lets keep doing it :shrug:

I'm okay with him being a top 20 player give or take because I'm not sure who else is at the moment.

Any concern on 3 fumbles on 173 touches (rs+po) is trumped by college resume.

Who will he share the role with a midround rookie or one of the many marquee FA RBs still available?

I'm okay with him being a top 20 player give or take because I'm not sure who else is at the moment.Any concern on 3 fumbles on 173 touches (rs+po) is trumped by college resume.

Who will he share the role with a midround rookie or one of the many marquee FA RBs still available?
Keenan Allen prices for a guy who couldn't beat out Knowshon Moreno? No thanks.

I'm sure the coaches who benched him were aware of his college resume.

Add Anderson and Hillman. I don't feel like I need to pick a single horse.

Not sure how valid of a statement it is to say Ball couldn't beat out Moreno in regards to Ball's future outlook.
I'm not using it to declare him a bust. I'm using it to separate him from legitimate top 20 dynasty options. His resume should absolutely be considered when potentially paying so much.

i don't even like Ball but any NFL quality RB will put up huge numbers in that offense with a decent amount of touches.

Ball has some issues last year but he produced when given the chance.

I think Gio and Ball are a lot closer than many think. If Ball opens up the season as the clear starter, which he should, he's going to be getting drafted really really high in FF drafts.

Not sure how valid of a statement it is to say Ball couldn't beat out Moreno in regards to Ball's future outlook.
I'm not using it to declare him a bust. I'm using it to separate him from legitimate top 20 dynasty options. His resume should absolutely be considered when potentially paying so much.
What rookie RB goes to that team and is the starter? I don't think anyone from last years class. More goes into it for a rookie than just being a better talent than the guy in front of you.

i don't even like Ball but any NFL quality RB will put up huge numbers in that offense with a decent amount of touches.

I think Gio and Ball are a lot closer than many think. If Ball opens up the season as the clear starter, which he should, he's going to be getting drafted really really high in FF drafts.
I would feel very comfortable taking Ball high I'm a redraft. Way below Gio for dynasty though

I would feel very comfortable taking Ball high I'm a redraft. Way below Gio for dynasty though
I like Gio more, but i just think the separation is too big right now between him and Ball.

Any semi-talented RB is going to put up huge numbers in Denver this season. If Ball blows up there are going to be at least a couple buyers in your league willing to pay top dollar for a young RB putting up RB1 numbers.

During mid-season when we look at FBG dynasty rankings i think there is a good chance Ball starts getting ranked in the top 10 by a couple staffers. If someone doesn't like Ball long term there will be buyers to sell him to.

Gio is already ranked top 10, he belongs there, but Ball will very likely be joining him in the top 10 come mid-season. Me personally wouldn't rank Ball that high, but if i could trade for him now at a lower price i would just because he has a shot to gain so much value.

I like Gio more, but i just think the separation is too big right now between him and Ball.

Any semi-talented RB is going to put up huge numbers in Denver this season. If Ball blows up there are going to be at least a couple buyers in your league willing to pay top dollar for a young RB putting up RB1 numbers.

During mid-season when we look at FBG dynasty rankings i think there is a good chance Ball starts getting ranked in the top 10 by a couple staffers. If someone doesn't like Ball long term there will be buyers to sell him to.

Gio is already ranked top 10, he belongs there, but Ball will very likely be joining him in the top 10 come mid-season. Me personally wouldn't rank Ball that high, but if i could trade for him now at a lower price i would just because he has a shot to gain so much value.
this is two totally different arguments.

Apparently we see last years situation there quite differently.
NFL (8/13/13):

"It's not a surprise that Hillman got the nod, despite his three preseason fumbles. He took most of the first-team reps throughout training camp, with rookie Montee Ball stuck as the backup. Knowshon Moreno is No. 3 on the Broncos' depth chart, but he could be very active on passing downs."
moreso sounds like they just werent going to start a rookie. You see it different.

Moving on

edit....not to mention at the time I didnt think Hillman was going to start. And I know I said that on here somewhere a dozen times.

I'm okay with him being a top 20 player give or take because I'm not sure who else is at the moment.Any concern on 3 fumbles on 173 touches (rs+po) is trumped by college resume.

Keenan Allen prices for a guy who couldn't beat out Knowshon Moreno? No thanks.

I'm sure the coaches who benched him were aware of his college resume.

Add Anderson and Hillman. I don't feel like I need to pick a single horse.
As implied by my first post, I view there's a tier break somewhere around 20. Keenan Allen has a 15 ADP which is a higher tier than 20 and thus not a direct response to my post. If there are trades in this thread or in your league where Allen and Ball are being exchanged, that's certainly useful information, but not what I intended by my argument. Patterson, Marshall, Forte, ABrown for Ball have equivalent ADP and those are the players where the comparison gets more interesting to me. The merits and downsides of all those players are pretty apparent. Ball does have bust risk, and while I dismiss it in valuing him, I don't do intend to do so flippantly. If he hits modestly (does not facepalm) he is worth that sort of valuation.

As implied by my first post, I view there's a tier break somewhere around 20. Keenan Allen has a 15 ADP which is a higher tier than 20 and thus not a direct response to my post. If there are trades in this thread or in your league where Allen and Ball are being exchanged, that's certainly useful information, but not what I intended by my argument. Patterson, Marshall, Forte, ABrown for Ball have equivalent ADP and those are the players where the comparison gets more interesting to me. The merits and downsides of all those players are pretty apparent. Ball does have bust risk, and while I dismiss it in valuing him, I don't do intend to do so flippantly. If he hits modestly (does not facepalm) he is worth that sort of valuation.
DLF uses a WR-heavy format to establish it's ADP. In my two start-ups, he went 25 and 12 (also WR heavy).

Using DLF--Marshall, Gronk, Watkins, Bell, Evans, Luck, Newton, Rodgers, and Brown should be no-brainers, IMO.

Using DLF--Marshall, Gronk, Watkins, Bell, Evans, Luck, Newton, Rodgers, and Brown should be no-brainers, IMO.
There's at most 16 players above those guys so you would put him at around 26 or slightly thereafter, which is higher than his ADP. Clearly you are tiering him lower which is the rub of your argument, and if someone will pay at ADP12 then feel free to take advantage of an overpay. I wouldn't put Cam, Evans, or Brown in that tier and would prefer Ball to some of the others. However we are getting into "to each his own". I don't expect to draft Ball in any startups this year with Luck and others likely on the board but I will continue to try to buy him with high priced WR where I have depth.

Bell vs. Ball is a nice litmus test on how you define proven and how you view the two situations.

IDP dynasty. PPR

I gave up Matt Ryan, ADP, Toby Gerhart,, Justin Houston

I received Aaron Rodgers, Andre Ellington, Arian Foster, Calvin Johnson, and Sean Lee. :cool:

IDP dynasty. PPR

I gave up Matt Ryan, ADP, Toby Gerhart,, Justin Houston

I received Aaron Rodgers, Andre Ellington, Arian Foster, Calvin Johnson, and Sean Lee. :cool:
uhhhh...some kind of scoring weirdness? Or somebody loves them some ADP?

Good for you but this trade is lopsided badly

ARod > Ryan

Calvin > the rest

That deal belongs in the worst offer thread, not the actual trade thread.

You know its bad when you can completely take Calvin out of the deal and it looks fair.

Made a couple deals with the same owner in the past week. 14 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF. 1/1/1.5 PPR for RB/WR/TE.

1.5 PPR makes a big difference.

Also, this is a dev league. Prominent rookies already rostered: Watkins, Lee, ASJ, Adams, Seastrunk, Bridgewater.

Deal #1:

Gave: 3.03 rookie pick

Got: WR Quinton Patton

Deal #2:

Gave: 1.03 rookie pick

Got: WR Michael Crabtree, 3.03 rookie pick

Standard PPR league.

• Team A gave up Blount, LeGarrette PIT RB;Dixon, Anthony BUF RB;Bostick, Brandon GBP TE; Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.11
  • Team B gave up Bailey, Stedman STL WR;Wheaton, Markus PIT WR;Wilson, Marquess CHI WR
RB's included were just drops. Team B did not have Bell (Blount as a cuff). In a nutshell, Bostick and 1.11 for Bailey, Wheaton, Wilson.

Users who are viewing this thread