What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official '16-'17 NHL Season Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Better than Sota having half a century of hockey and ZERO Stanley Cups.  We know they don't care about attendance up there, you know...since they had a team move out and all.

STARS!!!  Brett Hull for president! 
Norm liked to grab em by the #####.  I guess his wife should have made him run for president instead of leaving town.  too bad we didn't get a banner out of it.  

Better than Sota having half a century of hockey and ZERO Stanley Cups.  We know they don't care about attendance up there, you know...since they had a team move out and all.

STARS!!!  Brett Hull for president! 
Norm liked to grab em by the #####.  I guess his wife should have made him run for president instead of leaving town.  too bad we didn't get a banner out of it.  
Here are banners and pretty as hell they are, then here are some banners in another arena.  Which one would you choose? 

never would have guessed you'd be so ashamed of an attendance banner.  seems much easier to just link that banner instead of the five paragraph diatribe about the economy and corporate seats and seasonal affective disorder every time someone mentions there are empty seats during the NBC special in late February.

congrats on all those cups when you could just buy one though.  go Yankees!

never would have guessed you'd be so ashamed of an attendance banner.  seems much easier to just link that banner instead of the five paragraph diatribe about the economy and corporate seats and seasonal affective disorder every time someone mentions there are empty seats during the NBC special in late February.

congrats on all those cups when you could just buy one though.  go Yankees!
:lmao:

Has Minneapolis ever won a title besides those two Twins WS championships?  I can't even remember a Wild team that made it past the first round.  You talking #### about this is like Crosseyed saying he was a great evaluator of hockey talent, as proof by his Brandon Sutter is the next great NHL player.

11 cups, suck it Sota.  :bye:

at least I finally got you to lol

next I was going to have to say the last Wings cup was almost as long ago as when the Twins were relevant and highlight how most of those cups were when there were like 6 teams or something.  what an accomplishment, we beat out 5 teams!

at least I finally got you to lol

next I was going to have to say the last Wings cup was almost as long ago as when the Twins were relevant and highlight how most of those cups were when there were like 6 teams or something.  what an accomplishment, we beat out 5 teams!
They have four since Jack Burton ate his first human.  Think about that. 

:lmao:

Has Minneapolis ever won a title besides those two Twins WS championships?  I can't even remember a Wild team that made it past the first round.  You talking #### about this is like Crosseyed saying he was a great evaluator of hockey talent, as proof by his Brandon Sutter is the next great NHL player.

11 cups, suck it Sota.  :bye:
speaking of crosseyed, remember when he desperately wanted to trade Malkin?  he's just too damn lazy.  should have 80 points by now if he was trying

speaking of crosseyed, remember when he desperately wanted to trade Malkin?  he's just too damn lazy.  should have 80 points by now if he was trying
I miss him too though, and really miss @Sheriff66 who apparently is all grown up with a job and stuff now.  :kicksrock: Hope he checks in with a Sheriff 132 goal scoring update. 

Us teaming up to take a playoff fantasy team had you guys shuked, one of my best moments on these boards. 

I haven't watched a lot of hockey this year, watching Flames and Sharts now though.  Kinda like the Flames, could be my WC team I think.  Them or the Jets. 

I can honestly say my interest in hockey has decreased since the Wings left the Western Conference, really enjoy it more than watching Boston and the Flyers play. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking about what Brasky said and I've heard it before, but the Red Wings of the late 90s were nothing like the Yankees.  2002 sure, 2008 no, late 90s no. 

the 96-97 and 97-98 teams:

Yzerman, Federov, Lidstrom, Lapointe, Konstantinov, Holmstrom, Kozlov, and Osgood were all drafted by the Wings.

Larionov, Fetisov, Shannahan, Murphy, Gilchrist (in 98) and Vernon came to Detroit via trades.  Maltby, Draper, Doug Brown, and Kocur were picked up off the scrap heap via waivers or as cheap FAs. 

I was actually surprised myself but those two teams had no high-priced FAs, not one.  The core team was obtained via the draft, traded for, or picked up for nothing because they were rejects.  The 2002 team was a different story with Hasek, Hull, Robiltaille, Duchense, Chelios, etc but those other three teams were home grown and built through trades. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rags need more speed I guess
They need something. Twitter is abuzz that av should be fired. I don't know enough about xs and os to say either way. But two years in a row of a decline. This year is a bit different because they are playing without three top 6 guys. But those guys wouldn't have kept 14 pucks from going in the net the last two games

AcerFC said:
They need something. Twitter is abuzz that av should be fired. I don't know enough about xs and os to say either way. But two years in a row of a decline. This year is a bit different because they are playing without three top 6 guys. But those guys wouldn't have kept 14 pucks from going in the net the last two games
They can definitely use this little break. Don't agree at all with getting rid of AV.

Watching the Arizona game last night, they said they wanted Dylan Strome to work on his skating. Interesting. 

And Arizona isn't very good. At all.  Doan looks done, Smith is a bit erratic, and they're just suspect all over. 

Awesome but...hope Stan has some magic up his sleeve for the cap.
They always figure it out. Just hope it isn't pairing another young player (Hartman, etc) along with a player with a higher salary to make another team bite again. 

And 6mm is a pretty good deal if that is correct. 

They always figure it out. Just hope it isn't pairing another young player (Hartman, etc) along with a player with a higher salary to make another team bite again. 

And 6mm is a pretty good deal if that is correct. 
Agreed, not going to worry until next year tbh GB.

Users who are viewing this thread