What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2010 Philadelphia Eagles Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I see a classic Andy Reid bounce back game. We rarely lose 2 in a row under andy and usually he has them ready to go the following week for a big game. I think of the Arizona game after the Baltimore benching 2 years ago on Thursday night. I see a game like that tonight.

45-24 Eagles.

Insein said:
I see a classic Andy Reid bounce back game. We rarely lose 2 in a row under andy and usually he has them ready to go the following week for a big game. I think of the Arizona game after the Baltimore benching 2 years ago on Thursday night. I see a game like that tonight. 45-24 Eagles.
I'm feeling a high scoring blowout as well. If Asante doesn't play, Houston should be able to put up some points thru the air. Houston has given up less than 24 points exactly once this year... last week to Tennessee and some QB named Rusty, so I'm thinking Vick should post at least 35. 8th best passing attack against the worst pass defense in the league... throw throw throw Andy, like we know you love to do!!37-17 Birds.

Last edited by a moderator:
30-17 Eagles. Stop Foster has to be the game plan for tonight. Also get off to a fast start and get in the endzone no more FG's. Let's let Akers practice up on his XP's

Assante is going out at 6pm with Rick, team trainer, to test his knee and should find out around 6:15 if he's a go.

asante is out.
...and all WRs are in for HOU. AJ, JJones, KWalter and DAnderson, along with Dreessen. If they watched the tape from last week, HOU should be going 3-wide all game long with 11 personnel. Get PHI in the nickel D and throw all night long, with occasional draws to Foster.PHI will have to outscore HOU.

Ugly game.

Try to tell me Reid doesn't call plays and ill point you to the past few games. I said it before about him getting too comfy with Vick back there. Its like he sees McNabb & Westbrook on the field. Vicks passing attempts have been higher then normal and the rushing, well yea, dead horse is getting beat, but the rushing has been decreasing ..alot lately.

They almost lost the game because they abandoned the rush. Even that seemingly eagle hater in Theismann was pointing that out, when that happens, you know something is really wrong.

You got a nice young RB that is improving weekly but hasnt had more then 16 carries since week 9 and alot of his carries he is getting lately have been "fluke" carries. By fluke i mean the non consistent carries....he can go through a half with 10 carries but 4 of them might be basic end of half carries. Got a nice back up in Harrison, but where the hell is he to grind out the clock?

On paper eagles have the #2 rushing offense. Yet if you look at it, Eagles are using McCoy like he is spliting time with another RB...like a LT/Greene, or Jones/Charles...problem is he isn't splitting time with anyone. Vick has almost half the rushing attempts of McCoy...while the back up RBS don't even have 20 carries each. That is a big freaking problem.

Hanson just hasn't been 1/4 of the player he was before he got suspended for PEDs...ST player at best.

Poor Lindley, he is getting abused.

Allen looks like he is going to be a good player in the future.

Hated the move to get Graham when it happened, still don't like it. Nothing against him but too many other needs were well, needed.

-----------------------------------------

Team needs alot of help in the offseason ( CBs, SS future, LB starter/depth ) defensively & ( RG, possible LG, OT depth/future starter ) offensively.

I know every fan feels their team don't get calls but this is getting pretty obvious now. There were alot of non calls that changed the game. Happened with the Bears and a few other games also.

Cole constantly getting molested and hardly gets a holding call. How many more hits is Vick going to take back there before a roughing the passer compared to other QBs getting farted on and getting a flag in their favor.

Did they swallow their whistlers on the TD drive houston did in the 4th? 2 obvious holding calls & a offensive PI ( it was weak but Cooper got the same call last week ).

This is a horrible year for officiating overall. I seen non eagle games where i sat here giving a wtf on some missed calls and ghost calls. I am not talking about the helmet to helmet crap calls either, just crap calls in general through the league.

It is just amazing to me to think how this team would be if Kolb never get hurt. Not bashing him but this team would have been bad with him behind that Oline. Vick has really bailed this team out alot this year with his scrambling and overall improvement at QB. I honestly think Vick saved the jobs of a few of the coaches here.

IMHO that is a bad thing because people are overlooking the problems because Vicks play has just stood out so much.

A win is a win...pretty clear path to 10 wins now, with 12 being a remote possibility (I don't see us beating Dallas twice and NY again...but I think we'll get at least one or two of those, plus the win vs. MIN).

Overall this is a flawed team, but so is everyone in contention in the NFC. If we can get Samuel healthy for the stretch run, we've got a shot. :thumbup:

Another note i saw on bleeding green...eagles played 4 games in 17 days....and went 3-1...surprised no one is talking about winston justice being hurt with a knee sprain...that will make Dunlap the blindside OT...whose the back up OT if Peters or Dunlap goes down if Justice misses time?

A win is a win...pretty clear path to 10 wins now, with 12 being a remote possibility (I don't see us beating Dallas twice and NY again...but I think we'll get at least one or two of those, plus the win vs. MIN).Overall this is a flawed team, but so is everyone in contention in the NFC. If we can get Samuel healthy for the stretch run, we've got a shot. :thumbup:
Yes they are flawed but that is their own fault. Can't fault the giants for all the injuries they had or the Packers for losing one of the top TEs and a good RB. Eagles had the options to fix their flaws and ignored them.

Another note i saw on bleeding green...eagles played 4 games in 17 days....and went 3-1...surprised no one is talking about winston justice being hurt with a knee sprain...that will make Dunlap the blindside OT...whose the back up OT if Peters or Dunlap goes down if Justice misses time?

A win is a win...pretty clear path to 10 wins now, with 12 being a remote possibility (I don't see us beating Dallas twice and NY again...but I think we'll get at least one or two of those, plus the win vs. MIN).Overall this is a flawed team, but so is everyone in contention in the NFC. If we can get Samuel healthy for the stretch run, we've got a shot. :lmao:
Yes they are flawed but that is their own fault. Can't fault the giants for all the injuries they had or the Packers for losing one of the top TEs and a good RB. Eagles had the options to fix their flaws and ignored them.
Man, you are so NEGATIVE!!!!The team is 8-4 and is atop the NFC East. With a little luck they can win the division and possibly get a bye.Can you just sit back and enjoy December and January, hoping for the best???Address the team needs in February and March - we all know the team needs more, but so do most of the NFC teams.

Glad they bounced back with a W here. Hopefully with a bit of time to recover Asante will be back next week against Dallas. After getting swept by them last year, it would be really nice to at least split this year. (and yea, they sucked earlier this year - I don't think they are near as bad as their record)

A win is a win...pretty clear path to 10 wins now, with 12 being a remote possibility (I don't see us beating Dallas twice and NY again...but I think we'll get at least one or two of those, plus the win vs. MIN).Overall this is a flawed team, but so is everyone in contention in the NFC. If we can get Samuel healthy for the stretch run, we've got a shot. :yes:
Man, you are so NEGATIVE!!!!The team is 8-4 and is atop the NFC East. With a little luck they can win the division and possibly get a bye.Can you just sit back and enjoy December and January, hoping for the best???Address the team needs in February and March - we all know the team needs more, but so do most of the NFC teams.
Seriously. And can you give us your opinion of Hanson? I think I missed it the first 20 times. Enjoy the ride for what it is or get off and look for another. For a rebuilding year, I'm pretty happy with it.

A win is a win...pretty clear path to 10 wins now, with 12 being a remote possibility (I don't see us beating Dallas twice and NY again...but I think we'll get at least one or two of those, plus the win vs. MIN).Overall this is a flawed team, but so is everyone in contention in the NFC. If we can get Samuel healthy for the stretch run, we've got a shot. :shrug:
The team is 8-4 and is atop the NFC East. With a little luck they can win the division and possibly get a bye.
We can also finish 10-6 and easily be sitting home for the playoffs. Just sayin. :P

I am happy that in a rebuilding year, the Eagles are 8-4 and should go to the playoffs. I am frustrated by Reid's inability to

run the ball more and how that may end up getting Michael Vick injured, however, I do enjoy watching the plays that the offense

can make with Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, and Vick. Even Schmidt and Celek contributed last night (great play by Celek to get the

first down).

My long-term concern is the defense and how McDermott is running it. I think we have some good young talent on defense. The problem

with McDermott, I think, is that he tries to be too unpredictable to confuse the other teams offense. The result is that the Eagles are

in alot of different formations and that all eleven players on defense do not know their roles in all those different formations. Jimmy

Johnson was able to vary things enough to make his defense unpredictable, but the players always seemed to be in the right place to make

the play. As it is now, the Eagles will blitz, forcing the QB to go to his hot read, and too often, the hot read is not covered. That didn't happen

under Johnson. Combine this with the fact that our defense is the worst in the league in the red zone, when it should be easier to play defense

due to the smaller field, and I have grave concerns about McDermott. I hope some of the problems are due to the youth of the defense and

that things will get better as they get more experience, but I think McDermott is more of the problem right now. I think he is going to have

to adjust the way he gameplans next year, or he will be looking for a new job. Go with the KISS philosophy: Keep it simple, stupid. McDermott's

thinking too much.

A win is a win...pretty clear path to 10 wins now, with 12 being a remote possibility (I don't see us beating Dallas twice and NY again...but I think we'll get at least one or two of those, plus the win vs. MIN).Overall this is a flawed team, but so is everyone in contention in the NFC. If we can get Samuel healthy for the stretch run, we've got a shot. ;)
I tried doing the fan thing and spent years of constantly being let down, being #### talked by owners, etc. For every positive view, there has to be a negative. ESPN and all those other media outlets only put the positive spin on this, I like to look more indepth and see what the problems are. I am not always negative, there are players I like but I am not going to praise someone making a few million a year just because they are playing how they should be. I ripped Peters before because he deserved it. I said a bit ago he has been playing damn well lately,ill actually use the term "beasting it" and it was about time. That is all ill say about it though because he is playing how he is expected too. Like honestly, i enjoy the offense. I think the WR is the best core this team had in years, love McCoy & Weaver but don't think Weavers knee will have him on the team next year =\, which is a shame. Ahem, remember, this wasnt a rebuilding year.I think McDermott gets too much blame lately. Next season is where you can lay full blame on him though if they perform this up and down week to week, depends on how much input he has draft wise.

The team weakness is clearly on defense, a complete 180 from years gone by. Who would've thought that back when JJ was running the defense and McNabb was begging for "weapons"?

Last night, despite the inane rants of Theismann ("McDermott is playing with FIRE!"), the Eagles did their best with zone blitzes and dogs. The Steelers have done this for years, and it's not new - Carolina set up the zone blitz several years ago too.

The key is to have multi-dimensional athletes at DE and LB. Graham, Tapp, Bradley - I can see that here. Even big Laws last night with a pick (but that was a fluke, let's be honest). They still cannot cover the TE to save their lives. The best game was against Peyton Manning where they had Keenan Clayton playing a hybrid S/LB spot. They should strongly consider getting him back on the field against Dallas next week.

Eagles are a great team, but I still don't see them beating the Bears in the NFC if they meet again. It's a case of matchups. Bears defense matches up too well against Vick and Philly's offense. And Bears Offense is starting to get its act in gear, while Philly D can't stop the run.

Guys...this is one of the YOUNGEST teams in the NFL. NFL franchises this young are typically scrapping for a top 5 pick, not a first round bye.

The team has some flaws, but all young teams do. The great thing is that the answers for at least some of those flaws are probably already rostered! It's OK to be skeptical of the Eagles chances this year, but you're being way too negative and unrealistic (in a bad way) if you aren't completely stoked about the future of this team.

As Jeff said...just enjoy the ride and the probable playoff berth. The NFC has a bunch of good teams, but no great teams. A hot Philly team with a bye could go further than we ever had reason to hope for!

Guys...this is one of the YOUNGEST teams in the NFL. NFL franchises this young are typically scrapping for a top 5 pick, not a first round bye.The team has some flaws, but all young teams do. The great thing is that the answers for at least some of those flaws are probably already rostered! It's OK to be skeptical of the Eagles chances this year, but you're being way too negative and unrealistic (in a bad way) if you aren't completely stoked about the future of this team.As Jeff said...just enjoy the ride and the probable playoff berth. The NFC has a bunch of good teams, but no great teams. A hot Philly team with a bye could go further than we ever had reason to hope for!
You realize the difference between youngest and oldest teams in the NFL is like 4 years, and they're all still averaging under 30. That's not the problem. The problem is scheme. Eagles scheme never changes. 70% pass, weak rush, and a spotty Oline. Now you have a dynamic run and gun qb who is also accurate. Problem is, he's injury prone. One thing to consider. Vick's first year, teams had no idea what to do with him and he flourished. Then it went down hill from there. Now, Vick's back and he's got a different set of tools, and teams again don't know what to do with him, but they'll watch tape, and they'll figure it out.Reid has to change his tune if you guys want to get to the promised land. His teams are built for the regular season, not for the playoffs.

Guys...this is one of the YOUNGEST teams in the NFL. NFL franchises this young are typically scrapping for a top 5 pick, not a first round bye.

The team has some flaws, but all young teams do. The great thing is that the answers for at least some of those flaws are probably already rostered! It's OK to be skeptical of the Eagles chances this year, but you're being way too negative and unrealistic (in a bad way) if you aren't completely stoked about the future of this team.

As Jeff said...just enjoy the ride and the probable playoff berth. The NFC has a bunch of good teams, but no great teams. A hot Philly team with a bye could go further than we ever had reason to hope for!
You realize the difference between youngest and oldest teams in the NFL is like 4 years, and they're all still averaging under 30. That's not the problem. The problem is scheme. Eagles scheme never changes. 70% pass, weak rush, and a spotty Oline. Now you have a dynamic run and gun qb who is also accurate. Problem is, he's injury prone. One thing to consider. Vick's first year, teams had no idea what to do with him and he flourished. Then it went down hill from there. Now, Vick's back and he's got a different set of tools, and teams again don't know what to do with him, but they'll watch tape, and they'll figure it out.

Reid has to change his tune if you guys want to get to the promised land. His teams are built for the regular season, not for the playoffs.
You realize the average NFL career is only 4 years...right? So a team that averages 3 or 4 years less is VASTLY inexperianced in comparison? And that's looking at an entire roster.Look at the starters. 3/4 of our starters have under four years experiance. The overwhelming majority of the players on this team should be on the upward trending part of their careers...the few teams in the NFL that could say that in any given year are NOT playoff contenders.

Who are our "veteran leaders"? Vick? Samuel? Not many more names to add to a very short list. This team will get a lot better within a year or two even if they have poor drafts.

why all the negativity on this team after a big win Thursday night. I am sitting back and enjoying this team for what they are. I see a team like the Texans and they have Schaub/Foster/Johnson and they reley on those guys exclusively. As for the Eagles we have Vick/Maclin/McCoy/Jackson but we also have the likes of Avant/Celek/Harrison/Cooper/Kolb at the skill positions. The key to this Eagles team is depth and lack of injuries.

Everyone keeps saying the Eagles are not running the ball and Reid is almost blowing games. Sure that could be true but limiting McCoy in the running game could mean a few things. They are wanting to save him for the playoffs stretch, His ribs are still hurting. But look at last night he ran the ball 12 times but he also caught a team high 8 catches for 86 yards. Catching the ball out of the backfield can actually be just as affective as running it and it can preserve McCoy a little more from the big hits.

As far as defense goes Samuel is missed but having 10 days off before Dallas will be very important. The defense is solid in my opinion. I think Bradley got back on track this week with a great game, Q was attacking the ball all night, Cole was stuffing the run as a DE. The key is those long 3rd downs we kept letting them get the 3rd and longs that has to change.

If the Eagles can keep on rolling and stay healthy and grab homefield and a first round bye I think they will be hard to beat in the playoffs. It's now time to give Dallas a little revenge for last years final 2 games though. As for this Sunday lets go McNabb and the Redskins!

Eagles are a great team, but I still don't see them beating the Bears in the NFC if they meet again. It's a case of matchups. Bears defense matches up too well against Vick and Philly's offense. And Bears Offense is starting to get its act in gear, while Philly D can't stop the run.
you do realize they did score 26 points against the vaunted Bears D, they also did not have a lot of success in the red zone (FGs, not TDs). If it wasn't for a piss-poor showing by the defense they win that game. I honestly think if the Eagles play them again in the playoffs they can beat them.

As far as defense goes Samuel is missed but having 10 days off before Dallas will be very important. The defense is solid in my opinion. I think Bradley got back on track this week with a great game.
Really? I'm curious, exactly what part of this defense do you consider solid? We are dead last in the league in red zone defense. That's real bad. With Samuel in the lineup they're mediocre to ok at best. Without him in the lineup they're below average. Bradley's good on the run, but he can't cover a TE to save his life. Whether his knee isn't fully healed or not, right now he's not a 3 down LB.

The offense is fun to watch and I'm thrilled at where they are right now, way more than what I expected and I'm not trying to crush hopes and dreams, but I think people have to seperate Michael Vick's play from overall team play. While Vick is playing incredible right now, I think people are getting too caught up in that aspect alone. This defense leaves alot to be desired, if we continue to play this kind of defense, it will be one and done if they make the playoffs.

you do realize they did score 26 points against the vaunted Bears D, they also did not have a lot of success in the red zone (FGs, not TDs). If it wasn't for a piss-poor showing by the defense they win that game. I honestly think if the Eagles play them again in the playoffs they can beat them.
Also, the field was a joke.

I talked to my boy before the game last night and he felt protection was a concern but that they felt good about the gameplan.

He said they were extra motivated to win because Reid told them that they would be off till Wed with a win. Today he said everyone is pumped about the rest. What are the SP thoughts about that? Supportive of the time off for a playoff push or prefer them to get in extra work to tweak some things?

You realize that garbage points when the game was out of reach really doesn't mean much? Prevent defense? Yeah...i hate it too. If you watched the game, you saw one team dominated by the other until they let up in the last quarter. the score was 31-13 after 3 quarters. The bears eased up on you guys.

I'm failing to see your point here. Oh yeah...there isn't one. The Bears players didn't seem to have a problem with it. They must have been wearing special shoes.

I'm failing to see your point here. Oh yeah...there isn't one. The Bears players didn't seem to have a problem with it. They must have been wearing special shoes.
They must have been since they were not slipping on every cut or run. Perhaps they had 1.5 inch spikes. When your QB slips in the pocket trying to simply move up in it, there's a problem with the field.

They must have been since they were not slipping on every cut or run. Perhaps they had 1.5 inch spikes. When your QB slips in the pocket trying to simply move up in it, there's a problem with the field.
Or a problem with your shoes? :angry: Or maybe your qb is clumsy and has 2 left feet :hophead: Vick probably tripped over himself after being smacked around so many times....he just got skittish and clumsy. That's what the Monsters of da Midway does to opposing QBs. Ask Rodgers and his Oline. They got hit so many times they were false starting every other play.

What are you a Bears fan? The game was in Chicago and could have gone either way. It was a good game. In Philly, it will be different. Cutler, on the road, is like me quarterbacking for the Bears.

Has anyone else noticed how well Vick throws the swing pass to LeSean? He generally hits him in stride as he is about to head upfield.

The Eagles have started to use that alot more it seems in the past couple of weeks.

One more interesting note about last night's game.

The Eagles are now 3-0 vs. the Texans.

The Eagles were 6-0 vs. the Oilers.

That's 9-0 against Houston teams. Even more interesting is that the Eagles haven't beaten the Titans since the Oilers moved to Tennessee (0-4).

No relevence, just interesting.

Glad to see Reid is going to address the lack of calls against Vick. Thought I was going nuts seeing the missed calls on him.

http://www.csnphilly.com/12/03/10/Furious-...&feedID=692

The source said the Eagles have shipped the league video montages of what they believe are hits on Vick that should have drawn personal foul calls but haven’t.

The league source also said the league has agreed with the Eagles’ protests in many cases after evaluating the film and promised to keep a close eye on such hits. But so far, nothing has changed.

Glad to see Reid is going to address the lack of calls against Vick. Thought I was going nuts seeing the missed calls on him.

http://www.csnphilly.com/12/03/10/Furious-...&feedID=692

The source said the Eagles have shipped the league video montages of what they believe are hits on Vick that should have drawn personal foul calls but haven’t.

The league source also said the league has agreed with the Eagles’ protests in many cases after evaluating the film and promised to keep a close eye on such hits. But so far, nothing has changed.
The thing I heard is that the league takes Andy's complaints seriously because he's not a guy who complains a lot. So hopefulyl we'll see it called more fair in the future.

I think they will address it. They have too because he is taking alot of hits in the pocket that would have drawn flags across the league for other QBs. With all the attention he is getting plus the ratings eagles games get, i am sure people are starting to notice it also.

Sounds like Samuel will be back this week per Roto:

Roto Link

Thank goodness... We have been horrible in the secondary. Still can't believe we made Cutler look so good.

If Eagles secondary played like they have been without Samuel, i think it is going to be a long day. Eagles have to get up early in the 1st to set the tone. Give McCoy and Harrison the ball 30+ times once they take the lead

Random Thoughts from last nights game:

-Jorrick Colvin needs to be cut. Not only did he commit a stupid penalty, but he did not know the rules pertaining kickoffs. Since

Kickoff return is his only real function on this team, he needs to go.

-LeSean McCoy and Michael Vick showed good smarts in the moment by making sure they went down before going out of bounds when

the Eagles were trying to run the clock out at the end of the game.

-Desean is Desean. I hope at some point he matures but I am not counting on it.

-I used to think Andy needed to run the ball more because we have seen how effective the running game can be late in the game. Several

times this year, LeSean has broken off big runs late in the game. However, I am realizing that part of the reason he is able to break off those

long runs late in the game is because the DL/LB's are tired from rushing the QB the whole game. That is making the long runs possible in the

second half. The only problem with the strategy is Michael Vick will be dead from all the pounding he is taking before the Eagles can make it

to the superbowl. Andy is running a very high risk offense in terms of injury potential to his QB.

-Now I know why we got Ernie Sims for a 5th round pick. He is not a smart player.

Users who are viewing this thread