What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2011 Philadelphia Eagles Thread*** (4 Viewers)

It should give the eagles a chance to trade now. NFL access is on in 15 minutes so we'll see what they say but I think kolb is gone.
You guys have to just be praying that the NFL is rejected a stay by both Nelson and the 8th circuit by Thursday. If that doesn't happen, you're not getting any draft picks this year.

Interesting schedule:

Week 1 - at STL L

Week 2 - at ATL (SNF) L

Week 3 - NYG W

Week 4 - SF W

Week 5 - at BUF (Says Orchard Park, not Toronto - WASH @ BUF is in Toronto)W

Week 6 - at WASH W

Week 7 - BYE

Week 8 - DAL (SNF) W

Week 9 - CHI (MNF) W

Week 10 - AZ W

Week 11 - at NYG (SNF)L

Week 12 - NE (4PM home game)L

Week 13 - at SEA (Thursday - tough trip)W

Week 14 - at MIA W

Week 15 - NYJ (4PM home game)L

Week 16 - at DAL (4PM Saturday - Christmas Eve)L

Week 17 - WASH (New Year's Day - Mummer Game)W

Two on road, two at home, two on road then a bye. Two prime time big games after the bye week then hosting AZ for an early kickoff - that's 3 home games after they bye. If they can win 4 before the bye they could seize command of the NFC at home with those three games. Then it gets tougher (@NYG, home vs. NE, short week and a trip to SEA). Miami in December is good, then the Jets and at Dallas with the 'skins at home to close.
I see another 1&done Eagles season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be ready for some moves, Philly....
So if I have a certain Eagles QB jersey that isn't #7, would I look to sell that to someone in AZ or Seattle? Minnesota? San Fran?And Deranged Hermit, why so quiet lately? No pre-draft tease?
I've heard the weather is lovely in California this time of year. Bring your Kolb jersey though if you want to fit in with the locals.As for why I've been quiet, really there's nothing to tease. They're still primarily interested in O-line and CB in the first. I've really had nothing else I could say until now.

So if I have a certain Eagles QB jersey that isn't #7, would I look to sell that to someone in AZ or Seattle? Minnesota? San Fran?And Deranged Hermit, why so quiet lately? No pre-draft tease?
There's not enough time to get the appeal done by thursday night. You're stuck with Kolb.
:rant: :hot: :boxing:
Personally, I would prefer trading Vick and building this young offense with KK. That being said, reality tells me the team is forced or desires to do the opposite. However, the window is not closed IMO. Creative minds can come up with tangible solutions, and I see Kolb starting somewhere in 2011, and the Eagles being well compensated by the team who acquires him. As far as being "stuck" with Kolb, I'd gladly have him ready and available if Vick gets dinged at a cap-friendly figure this season. I've been impressed at how he handled the McNabb/Vick issues.

As I keep saying, we're among the top of the list of teams most directly hurt by this lockout b/c of the Kolb market. If we don't get a stay (which IMHO is an unlikely outcome), I bet the Birds will strike while the iron is hot and move Kolb immediately upon being told they're allowed to. But the truth is I don't think we'll have the option, at least until the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals weighs in.

I've heard the weather is lovely in California this time of year. Bring your Kolb jersey though if you want to fit in with the locals.
:thumbup: I never believed Harbaugh was rolling with Alex Smith...
There are currently two teams in the top 10 and one in the top 15 that they are talking to (actually they have been for a while). Obviously they will trade to a team with the best pick, but there is an AFC team in the mix that might make the most sense since they're, well, in the AFC. The trade as I know it will be swapping 1st round picks, as well as the Eagles giving up Kolb and the other team giving up as high as a 3rd round pick. I'm not certain in the 'extra' pick is for this year or next year though.If I were a betting man, I'd say Kolb will be playing in a warm climate this year. Wether it be on the west coast or down South is up in the air.

'Deranged Hermit said:
'zadok said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
I've heard the weather is lovely in California this time of year. Bring your Kolb jersey though if you want to fit in with the locals.
There are currently two teams in the top 10 and one in the top 15 that they are talking to (actually they have been for a while). Obviously they will trade to a team with the best pick, but there is an AFC team in the mix that might make the most sense since they're, well, in the AFC. The trade as I know it will be swapping 1st round picks, as well as the Eagles giving up Kolb and the other team giving up as high as a 3rd round pick. I'm not certain in the 'extra' pick is for this year or next year though.If I were a betting man, I'd say Kolb will be playing in a warm climate this year. Wether it be on the west coast or down South is up in the air.
I assume they would still make the deal regardless of the player available after the move up? I must say I am very surprised it is a trade up and not just an extra first...

'Deranged Hermit said:
'zadok said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
The deal is already in place probably they are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

'Deranged Hermit said:
'zadok said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
I assume they would still make the deal regardless of the player available after the move up? I must say I am very surprised it is a trade up and not just an extra first...
Well, if he goes to SF, I believe they have the 7th pick so that's a huge jump. If they were to trade Kolb to a team in the 20's, they probably could do a straight up trade.

If a Kolb trade is allowed, I foresee a trade up into the top 5 :whistle: , then a subsequent trade down with one of the QB needy teams in the top 15 for Gabbert. They grab Amukamura or one of the stud DL guys and get additional picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd rds.

I can't handle the silence any longer.The Lock Out is making me hate the owners. And dislike the players. But enough with that. Now that we know Kolb will not be moved during the draft, what could the Eagles pull off? Is it possible that the Eagles could swing a deal with Az or Cin to get Peterson? Give #1.23, 2012 #1 and say 4th rounder this year. Ar and Howie would have to know that Kolb would get them a 2012 first rounder in return. Even could get the pick back from AZ or Cin. If the Eagles do not take a CB high I have to assume they are going hard after N Asomogha. DH any info?
Dont know if the Eagles could swing a top 5 pick, but I can say that Peterson is the absolute real deal. He has pro-bowler written all over him both as a CB and PR.I still believe he will be taken by Buf. I refuse to believe the Newton hype

'Deranged Hermit said:
I've heard the weather is lovely in California this time of year. Bring your Kolb jersey though if you want to fit in with the locals.As for why I've been quiet, really there's nothing to tease. They're still primarily interested in O-line and CB in the first. I've really had nothing else I could say until now.
This is what I've been thinking all along. Glad someone on the inside has provided some credibility. Trade Kolb and 1-23 to SF for 1-7 plus either a 2nd or a 3rd. We get Peterson and an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. Peterson looks like one of those once in a generation corners like Woodson or Deion. Granted he still has to actually play but this guy looks legit.

I honestly think there's a next to zero chance we trade Kolb before the draft. I DO think we'll trade him after the draft, once the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has weighed in, and by that point it will be all about 2012 draft picks straight up for him.

I honestly think there's a next to zero chance we trade Kolb before the draft. I DO think we'll trade him after the draft, once the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals has weighed in, and by that point it will be all about 2012 draft picks straight up for him.
They think that's the way things will pan out too, but you can never be certain how things will go, so they want to be prepared.

From what I've heard, teams and players can technically do anything right now until the stay is in place. Guys showed up to work out today to collect their "workout bonus." Agents can contact teams about signing their players and trades could technically happen all before the stay is enacted. Very small window but something to hope for. 1% chance Kolb gets traded before the draft. ;)

It could be just wishful thinking, but I'd not be surprised if they allowed trades but delayed free agency. That would certainly help teams like Philly with Kolb.

Hottest rumored teams IMHO are:

TEN

AZ

SF

Although several teams need a QB. TEN makes the most sense to me given that they're in the AFC. IDK how Kolb fits that offensive scheme. I don't think SEA is going to go after him. All my own thoughts.

'zadok said:
'cobalt_27 said:
There's not enough time to get the appeal done by thursday night. You're stuck with Kolb.
Wrong. They are ruling on the "stay" today.
Nelson may rule on the stay today or tomorrow. If she grants the owners their request, we're back to lockout conditions. If she does not, the owners will take it to the 8th circuit, who will take a few days on their own to decide...in which case we still have lockout conditions.Either way, I believe Philly fans are getting their hopes up about trading Kolb for a Thursday night draft pick.

Nelson may rule on the stay today or tomorrow. If she grants the owners their request, we're back to lockout conditions. If she does not, the owners will take it to the 8th circuit, who will take a few days on their own to decide...in which case we still have lockout conditions.
No stay means no stay. They don't get to have a stay pending appeal if she say no.

Nelson may rule on the stay today or tomorrow. If she grants the owners their request, we're back to lockout conditions. If she does not, the owners will take it to the 8th circuit, who will take a few days on their own to decide...in which case we still have lockout conditions.
No stay means no stay. They don't get to have a stay pending appeal if she say no.
The 8th circuit issue a stay, if Nelson doesn't.

She's giving the NFL until 5 pm EST tomorrow to respond to the players response, so we won't get a ruling on a stay until tomorrow night at the earliest.

And until they do, no stay.

And until they do, no stay.
Well, I guarantee they won't be doing much, if any business, until this is resolved. And, I highly doubt this will be resolved before 7pm ET on Thursday.

'Deranged Hermit said:
This is what I've been thinking all along. Glad someone on the inside has provided some credibility. Trade Kolb and 1-23 to SF for 1-7 plus either a 2nd or a 3rd. We get Peterson and an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder. Peterson looks like one of those once in a generation corners like Woodson or Deion. Granted he still has to actually play but this guy looks legit.
Its gonna be warm where he goes, but SF is not the leading candidate. When the trade goes down (and it will for you "ZERO percent" ers), look for it to be NEXT years 1st plus. So thats what a certain red bird tells me.

'Deranged Hermit said:
Its gonna be warm where he goes, but SF is not the leading candidate. When the trade goes down (and it will for you "ZERO percent" ers), look for it to be NEXT years 1st plus. So thats what a certain red bird tells me.
The only "zero percenter" I've seen is me, and that is in relation to a trade BEFORE the draft. I definitely think he'll be traded once the lockout is officially over.

'Deranged Hermit said:
The only "zero percenter" I've seen is me, and that is in relation to a trade BEFORE the draft. I definitely think he'll be traded once the lockout is officially over.
Count me as a zero percenter. No way they get this thing resolved by Thursday in time to deal for this year's draft. If Kolb goes for a #1 pick next year, I wouldn't be surprised...Philly doesn't look like they'll be able to enjoy a pick for this year.

Jason- I do agree that it won't be for this years picks, but my response was to the few in here that are saying he won't be traded so to keep him a backup(from a couple of pages back). Actually, the lifting of the CBA could have hurt KK chances of going because the interested team does not want to give up this years first so they want this to drag out past this weekend. However, I still believe the deal is sealed for him to be gone very shortly. Stay tuned...

Jason- I do agree that it won't be for this years picks, but my response was to the few in here that are saying he won't be traded so to keep him a backup(from a couple of pages back). Actually, the lifting of the CBA could have hurt KK chances of going because the interested team does not want to give up this years first so they want this to drag out past this weekend. However, I still believe the deal is sealed for him to be gone very shortly. Stay tuned...
:thumbup:

a team would want to give Kevin a physical before paying a 1st round pick, no way this happens before the draft IMO. Not enough time when everything considered

The Eagles could trade their future 1 knowing they can get one back for Kolb later so it's not really that big of deal know that you can trade future picks (which I didn't think you could do before). Would be nice to move up and grab one of the top 2 CB's as both have ridiculous talent

I'd almost rather have draft before free agency. Helps teams build and address the holes through the draft, then plug leaks in free agency. I think it's in the best interest of the teams to do it this way

'Deranged Hermit said:
'zadok said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
Bengals in an attempt to get Peterson would make sense. Would have to be a pretty high pick if they are swapping firsts even with a third thrown in.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
Why wouldn't the NFL just postpone the draft a week??
They have it set in stone. The hall is rented. The TV programming is in place. They have no interest in moving. I don't think they realize how bad the ratings will be this year compared to last though. I won't be watching. I'll just check the internet for who we got.

'Deranged Hermit said:
'zadok said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
Bengals in an attempt to get Peterson would make sense. Would have to be a pretty high pick if they are swapping firsts even with a third thrown in.
I know this is a fantasy football website, so I guess it makes sense to talk about all these fantasies of what the eagles could get in this year's draft for kolb. But that simply ain't happening.

I know I was upset with how the draft went last year nabbing all those DL/LB prospect players. I think all of us Eagles fans want to see some retuning of the offensive line. Specifically RT (regardless of Vick being lefty), Guard, and C. That said, did you know how well the Eagles offense was last season? Regardless of who was running the ball, the Eagles averaged 145 rushing yards per game. The Eagles had 2300 yards rushing this season, comparing that to last season of 1600. That is significant. I dont feel its necessary to discuss how well the passing offense is as AR will always put up numbers there and I dont think any Eagles fan would prefer to see passing numbers go ahead of rushing numbers, QB injuries aside. So, the Eagles could look for OT with their pick? If we can land one of the top 5 (Smith, Castonzo, Carimi, Solder, Sherrod) do we pull the trigger? If we did, I doubt any Eagles fan would be upset. But looking at the teams needs, it should be clear to most that the OL is not 'the' most important need for the team.

What is the Eagles most pressing need?

The Eagles had 39 sacks last season. 10 of those were from Cole. That tied the Eagles for 10th(3) place.

Team defense, tied for 21st(2)

Rushing yards against, 15th

Passing yards against, tied 14th(2)

Rushing TDs against, tied 16th(2)

Passing TDs against, tied 29th(2)

So the most glaring issue I can see is passing TDs against. I beleive this to be a factor of getting the defense off the field, not necessarily giving up big plays in the secondary. Also, when in the Red Zone, teams felt like the could abuse the Eagles secondary. This should include pass rush and safety/nickel help. Meaning, when you are in the red zone, your corners arent having to run 40 yards to keep up with WRs.

What does this mean for the draft? The Eagles will take an OL ...

lol, seriously though. All signs point toward a corner being taken. Do the Eagles like Smith? Im not sure they can as the reading I have been doing suggests he is more of a project that needs a year or so. I believe the Eagles need a player to step in immediately. I believe this leads up towards Peterson or Prince. I dont believe either of these players can be drafted without trading up. I believe both of these players are worth trading up for ... even Peterson who will cost a lot. I believe we see a trade of picks, which will look expensive on paper, to get one of these players. I believe that the Eagles reasoning is they will be able to recoup that cost with an eventual Kolb trade.

In conclusion, the Eagles will trade up for an immediate impact CB. This is a position of need as well as the trade will be hedged with an eventual Kolb trade. If Peterson is available from Ari, I think its a no brainer. My mock drafting has Buf with Peterson, which leaves Prince. Im not sure Prince is worth the 1.05 as there will be some sick talent still avail, but I could see the 1.07 to SF.

If the Eagles dont trade for either Peterson or Prince, I think leads us away from Jimmy Smith and towards a top5 OT.

... anyone notice the lack of top tier LBs in the draft?

'Bigboy10182000 said:
Wayyyyy too late for all that. You forget the massive amount of cost and logistics that goes into an event like this. My office is right new Radio City. This morning, as I'm walking past, there are droves of 18-wheelers and workers offloading a building full of set pieces and equipment. Ad revenues have been booked. Airtime has been alloted. Thousands of people have already traveled to NYC.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
They have it set in stone. The hall is rented. The TV programming is in place. They have no interest in moving. I don't think they realize how bad the ratings will be this year compared to last though. I won't be watching. I'll just check the internet for who we got.
I actually think the ratings will be pretty good given that there has been no player movement because of the lockout. I know I am excited to see who the Eagles new additions are, so I will be intently watching.

So the most glaring issue I can see is passing TDs against. I beleive this to be a factor of getting the defense off the field, not necessarily giving up big plays in the secondary. Also, when in the Red Zone, teams felt like the could abuse the Eagles secondary. This should include pass rush and safety/nickel help. Meaning, when you are in the red zone, your corners arent having to run 40 yards to keep up with WRs.

lol, seriously though. All signs point toward a corner being taken. Do the Eagles like Smith? Im not sure they can as the reading I have been doing suggests he is more of a project that needs a year or so. I believe the Eagles need a player to step in immediately. I believe this leads up towards Peterson or Prince. I dont believe either of these players can be drafted without trading up. I believe both of these players are worth trading up for ... even Peterson who will cost a lot. I believe we see a trade of picks, which will look expensive on paper, to get one of these players. I believe that the Eagles reasoning is they will be able to recoup that cost with an eventual Kolb trade.

In conclusion, the Eagles will trade up for an immediate impact CB. This is a position of need as well as the trade will be hedged with an eventual Kolb trade. If Peterson is available from Ari, I think its a no brainer. My mock drafting has Buf with Peterson, which leaves Prince. Im not sure Prince is worth the 1.05 as there will be some sick talent still avail, but I could see the 1.07 to SF.

If the Eagles dont trade for either Peterson or Prince, I think leads us away from Jimmy Smith and towards a top5 OT.

Similar thinking about drafting defense in round 1, but a different position.<http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20110427_Paul_Domowitch__D-end_wouldn_t_be_a_crowd-pleaser__but____.html?nlid=3638669>

Similar thinking about drafting defense in round 1, but a different position.<http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20110427_Paul_Domowitch__D-end_wouldn_t_be_a_crowd-pleaser__but____.html?nlid=3638669>
My post from the "Who do you want your team to draft:Eagles

CB - Peterson, Prince (trade required)

OT - Nate Solder (possible slight trade up required)

OT - Derek Sherrod

DE - Da'Quan Bowers, Cameron Jordan (possible slight trade up required)

'Bigboy10182000 said:
Since the new format change I hardly watch it now. Nothing but a ratings / $$ move for the NFL with this draft schedule.

I know I was upset with how the draft went last year nabbing all those DL/LB prospect players. I think all of us Eagles fans want to see some retuning of the offensive line. Specifically RT (regardless of Vick being lefty), Guard, and C. That said, did you know how well the Eagles offense was last season? Regardless of who was running the ball, the Eagles averaged 145 rushing yards per game. The Eagles had 2300 yards rushing this season, comparing that to last season of 1600. That is significant. I dont feel its necessary to discuss how well the passing offense is as AR will always put up numbers there and I dont think any Eagles fan would prefer to see passing numbers go ahead of rushing numbers, QB injuries aside. So, the Eagles could look for OT with their pick? If we can land one of the top 5 (Smith, Castonzo, Carimi, Solder, Sherrod) do we pull the trigger? If we did, I doubt any Eagles fan would be upset. But looking at the teams needs, it should be clear to most that the OL is not 'the' most important need for the team.What is the Eagles most pressing need?The Eagles had 39 sacks last season. 10 of those were from Cole. That tied the Eagles for 10th(3) place.Team defense, tied for 21st(2)Rushing yards against, 15thPassing yards against, tied 14th(2)Rushing TDs against, tied 16th(2)Passing TDs against, tied 29th(2)So the most glaring issue I can see is passing TDs against. I beleive this to be a factor of getting the defense off the field, not necessarily giving up big plays in the secondary. Also, when in the Red Zone, teams felt like the could abuse the Eagles secondary. This should include pass rush and safety/nickel help. Meaning, when you are in the red zone, your corners arent having to run 40 yards to keep up with WRs.What does this mean for the draft? The Eagles will take an OL ...lol, seriously though. All signs point toward a corner being taken. Do the Eagles like Smith? Im not sure they can as the reading I have been doing suggests he is more of a project that needs a year or so. I believe the Eagles need a player to step in immediately. I believe this leads up towards Peterson or Prince. I dont believe either of these players can be drafted without trading up. I believe both of these players are worth trading up for ... even Peterson who will cost a lot. I believe we see a trade of picks, which will look expensive on paper, to get one of these players. I believe that the Eagles reasoning is they will be able to recoup that cost with an eventual Kolb trade.In conclusion, the Eagles will trade up for an immediate impact CB. This is a position of need as well as the trade will be hedged with an eventual Kolb trade. If Peterson is available from Ari, I think its a no brainer. My mock drafting has Buf with Peterson, which leaves Prince. Im not sure Prince is worth the 1.05 as there will be some sick talent still avail, but I could see the 1.07 to SF.If the Eagles dont trade for either Peterson or Prince, I think leads us away from Jimmy Smith and towards a top5 OT.... anyone notice the lack of top tier LBs in the draft?
Well thought out posting. I agree with lots here, but in my layman's opinion, Vick masked lots of O-line issues. Kolb couldn't stay upright with this O-Line. This line is in need of a serious overhaul. No more signing vets coming off injuries who are available at a discount (Andrews). No more 7th round projects (Dunlap). No more injured players who the team says will be ready (Jackson). Our starting LT got benched. In the playoffs. Because he was terrible. We have no depth there. And I question the overall talent of this group. Vick buying time made it look better. KK getting concussed was not a fluke...he was running for his life the entire first quarter against the Pack (and it's not like Reid did him any favors, like calling a run play or a screen). Fix the line, and the whole show runs better. McCoy is better. VIck is better. DJax gets downfield on double moves more. I would not complain about a CB and I still want a LB who can play the run and the pass, but it all starts in the trenches. I want an O-Lineman in the first and secondary help either in the 2nd/3rd or in FA. My .02. If a CB is there they have to get, I can live with it...but that makes O-Line a priority in round 2 and FA IMO.

I know I was upset with how the draft went last year nabbing all those DL/LB prospect players. I think all of us Eagles fans want to see some retuning of the offensive line. Specifically RT (regardless of Vick being lefty), Guard, and C. That said, did you know how well the Eagles offense was last season? Regardless of who was running the ball, the Eagles averaged 145 rushing yards per game. The Eagles had 2300 yards rushing this season, comparing that to last season of 1600. That is significant. I dont feel its necessary to discuss how well the passing offense is as AR will always put up numbers there and I dont think any Eagles fan would prefer to see passing numbers go ahead of rushing numbers, QB injuries aside. So, the Eagles could look for OT with their pick? If we can land one of the top 5 (Smith, Castonzo, Carimi, Solder, Sherrod) do we pull the trigger? If we did, I doubt any Eagles fan would be upset. But looking at the teams needs, it should be clear to most that the OL is not 'the' most important need for the team.What is the Eagles most pressing need?The Eagles had 39 sacks last season. 10 of those were from Cole. That tied the Eagles for 10th(3) place.Team defense, tied for 21st(2)Rushing yards against, 15thPassing yards against, tied 14th(2)Rushing TDs against, tied 16th(2)Passing TDs against, tied 29th(2)So the most glaring issue I can see is passing TDs against. I beleive this to be a factor of getting the defense off the field, not necessarily giving up big plays in the secondary. Also, when in the Red Zone, teams felt like the could abuse the Eagles secondary. This should include pass rush and safety/nickel help. Meaning, when you are in the red zone, your corners arent having to run 40 yards to keep up with WRs.What does this mean for the draft? The Eagles will take an OL ...lol, seriously though. All signs point toward a corner being taken. Do the Eagles like Smith? Im not sure they can as the reading I have been doing suggests he is more of a project that needs a year or so. I believe the Eagles need a player to step in immediately. I believe this leads up towards Peterson or Prince. I dont believe either of these players can be drafted without trading up. I believe both of these players are worth trading up for ... even Peterson who will cost a lot. I believe we see a trade of picks, which will look expensive on paper, to get one of these players. I believe that the Eagles reasoning is they will be able to recoup that cost with an eventual Kolb trade.In conclusion, the Eagles will trade up for an immediate impact CB. This is a position of need as well as the trade will be hedged with an eventual Kolb trade. If Peterson is available from Ari, I think its a no brainer. My mock drafting has Buf with Peterson, which leaves Prince. Im not sure Prince is worth the 1.05 as there will be some sick talent still avail, but I could see the 1.07 to SF.If the Eagles dont trade for either Peterson or Prince, I think leads us away from Jimmy Smith and towards a top5 OT.... anyone notice the lack of top tier LBs in the draft?
Well thought out posting. I agree with lots here, but in my layman's opinion, Vick masked lots of O-line issues. Kolb couldn't stay upright with this O-Line. This line is in need of a serious overhaul. No more signing vets coming off injuries who are available at a discount (Andrews). No more 7th round projects (Dunlap). No more injured players who the team says will be ready (Jackson). Our starting LT got benched. In the playoffs. Because he was terrible. We have no depth there. And I question the overall talent of this group. Vick buying time made it look better. KK getting concussed was not a fluke...he was running for his life the entire first quarter against the Pack (and it's not like Reid did him any favors, like calling a run play or a screen). Fix the line, and the whole show runs better. McCoy is better. VIck is better. DJax gets downfield on double moves more. I would not complain about a CB and I still want a LB who can play the run and the pass, but it all starts in the trenches. I want an O-Lineman in the first and secondary help either in the 2nd/3rd or in FA. My .02. If a CB is there they have to get, I can live with it...but that makes O-Line a priority in round 2 and FA IMO.
:goodposting: Line first unless they can grab one of the can't miss corners (which is unlikely without a higher pick).

Users who are viewing this thread