What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2012 Buffalo Bills Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Just heard on 550 that Mario Williams was seen leaving a dr's office near the stadium. Could that be his physical? :)
And now confirmed he's in Nix's office at One Bills Drive as well. One last sell job? Or getting the deal done?I honestly didn't think the Bills would make a run at Williams. Now that they did, I'd be incredibly disappointed if they didn't get him. Busted free agency if that happens IMO. If they don't get Williams, I think they need to lock up D. Bell or some other LT (Marcus McNeil maybe?) and go Coples or Ingram in the draft.

John Clayton is reporting that two sources inside the Bills told him that Williams informed the Bills last night that he still intended to make other visits.

Not good for the Bills if he does. They can offer him more than the other teams that he'll visit I think, but if he's not convinced enough to sign with Buffalo after their supposed offer and full court press, then I have to think he'll take their offer to shop around and sign with someone else that he views as a better playoff contender if they can get close on the money.

:(

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/can-bills-close-mario-deal.html

Can Bills close Mario deal?

March 14, 2012 - 9:26 AM | 2 comments

The Buffalo Bills will have Mario Williams back at their One Bills Drive headquarters this morning aiming to close the deal on a blockbuster free-agent signing. Does Williams like Buffalo enough to sign without visiting another team? Or is he determined to see what else is out there, given that this his is one and only shot at unrestricted free agency while he's in the prime of his career? Williams was undergoing a physical exam this morning.

All indications are the Bills are making the necessary financial commitment to get Williams. Their challenge is to convince Williams that this is a great place for him to win and be comfortable. Williams had said before free agency he wasn't necessarily simply going to go to the highest bidder. The reality is, given the way NFL free agency usually works, if Williams leaves town without a deal the Bills' chances of landing him are greatly diminished.

Other teams rumored to be interested in Williams include Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Tennessee and Jacksonville. Chicago hosted Jacksonville pass rusher Jeremy Mincey on Tuesday, but Mincey opted to re-sign with the Jaguars. Mincey got $6.75 million a year, a lot for a guy with 13 sacks over the past two years but not outrageous in the realm of free agency. The deal probably doesn't keep Jacksonville out of the Williams running. Atlanta can offer Williams a proven chance to win, but the Falcons would be challenged to fit Williams in their salary structure. They let key defenders John Abraham and Curtis Lofton hit free agency because they were tight against the cap.

---Mark Gaughan

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/can-bills-close-mario-deal.html

Can Bills close Mario deal?March 14, 2012 - 9:26 AM | 2 commentsThe Buffalo Bills will have Mario Williams back at their One Bills Drive headquarters this morning aiming to close the deal on a blockbuster free-agent signing. Does Williams like Buffalo enough to sign without visiting another team? Or is he determined to see what else is out there, given that this his is one and only shot at unrestricted free agency while he's in the prime of his career? Williams was undergoing a physical exam this morning.All indications are the Bills are making the necessary financial commitment to get Williams. Their challenge is to convince Williams that this is a great place for him to win and be comfortable. Williams had said before free agency he wasn't necessarily simply going to go to the highest bidder. The reality is, given the way NFL free agency usually works, if Williams leaves town without a deal the Bills' chances of landing him are greatly diminished.Other teams rumored to be interested in Williams include Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Tennessee and Jacksonville. Chicago hosted Jacksonville pass rusher Jeremy Mincey on Tuesday, but Mincey opted to re-sign with the Jaguars. Mincey got $6.75 million a year, a lot for a guy with 13 sacks over the past two years but not outrageous in the realm of free agency. The deal probably doesn't keep Jacksonville out of the Williams running. Atlanta can offer Williams a proven chance to win, but the Falcons would be challenged to fit Williams in their salary structure. They let key defenders John Abraham and Curtis Lofton hit free agency because they were tight against the cap.---Mark Gaughan
I don't think that Atlanta can pay him and I don't think that Seattle is a real consideration. I'm not sure that Tennessee is really a better option football-wise than Buffalo. Jacksonville certainly isn't, but I guess they could provide better weather and cheaper taxes. Chicago seems like the biggest rival IMO. But I agree, if he leaves without a contract, I don't see the Bills getting him. If I'm the Bills, I tell him that the offer is good until 4pm tomorrow. After that, we're protecting ourselves and looking at other options.

Mario reported to have been see picking up girlfriend at buffalo airport. :)
This sounds legit (and it's his fiance apparently). Being reported that Williams told several other players and their wives/girlfriends that he was picking her up and they were meeting each other this afternoon. Seems to bode well.

Mario reported to have been see picking up girlfriend at buffalo airport. :)
This sounds legit (and it's his fiance apparently). Being reported that Williams told several other players and their wives/girlfriends that he was picking her up and they were meeting each other this afternoon. Seems to bode well.
I think this is a good sign. Kyle Williams said when they had dinner last night that Mario was concerned with things involving his fiancee. He obviously wants her to be happy with this too. We should've courted her too. :)

Sal Capaccio ‏ @SalSportsTold several players (as well as some of their girlfriends and/or wives) will be meeting w/Mario Williams and his girlfriend this afternoonRetweeted by WGR 550

Doesn't this seem like a pretty elaborate visit? Definitely a good sign and indicates he must be seriously considering it.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, we couldn't have picked a better day for them to visit. It could be so ugly here this time of year but today is sunny and 60. Beautiful day in Buffalo for our future star and his fiancee to visit. :)

Doesn't this seem like a pretty elaborate visit? Definitely a good sign and indicates he must be seriously considering it.
I don't think he stays overnight and brings his fiancee in if hes just using is to drive his price up.
Agreed. This is for one of two reasons (possibly both):1) He wants to sign with Buffalo but wants his fiancé to be happy with it and know that she'll be able to make friends with the other wives and girlfriends2) He wants her to be there when he signs a huge deal making him a very rich man and a Buffalo Bill :towelwave:The good thing is that players' wives like Dani Jackson, Fitz's wife, David Nelson's wife, etc. seem like great people that love the Bills and will sell the team and city to Mario's fiancé.

'OldMilwaukee said:
'ScottNorwood said:
'OldMilwaukee said:
Mario reported to have been see picking up girlfriend at buffalo airport.

:)
pics?
My link
Dear Mario --Your girlfriend is pretty hot. Probably about a 7 on the Offdee scale. I know that doesn't sound very good, but we're a finicky bunch here at footballguys.

Anyway, I'll make you a deal. If you sign with the Bills, I promise I won't seduce your girlfriend and steal her away from you. Seriously, you can take my word on it, man to man. I don't know if this promise will tip the scales in the Bills favor, but if it does, I figure it's the least I can do as a longtime fan.

Cordially,

IvanK

Right now the Mario Williams thread at Two Bills Drive is 85 pages long.

They're currently debating about whether Wannestedt should have offered to carry Mario's fiance's bag in this video of her arriving in Buffalo.

:lmao:

Joe Buscaglia ‏ @JoeB_WGR#Bills confirm that Mario Williams is still in the buildingRetweeted by WGR 550
Sal Capaccio ‏ @SalSports#Bills VP just informed media Williams is still at One Bills DriveRetweeted by WGR 550

Joe Buscaglia ‏ @JoeB_WGR#Bills confirm that Mario Williams is still in the buildingRetweeted by WGR 550
Sal Capaccio ‏ @SalSports#Bills VP just informed media Williams is still at One Bills DriveRetweeted by WGR 550
They holding him hostage? According to WGR, Bills took him & fiance on tour of city, met Jim & Thurm. Perhaps Sabres game tonight, then down to Chippewa & finish with a romantic tour of the Falls? Keep 'em another night - gonna be 70 tomorrow like it is every March. ;)

PFT is reporting that Williams is scheduled to fly out of Buffalo tonight.

Of course, that means essentially jack squat. Being scheduled to leave doesn't mean he WILL leave. It also doesn't mean that he won't leave because he already signed a deal. It also could mean he still wants to check out other options (if so, screw him).

Soooooo, pretty much typical garbage from Mile Florio to try to act like he has a scoop when it really appears he has nothing.

PFT is reporting that Williams is scheduled to fly out of Buffalo tonight.Of course, that means essentially jack squat. Being scheduled to leave doesn't mean he WILL leave. It also doesn't mean that he won't leave because he already signed a deal. It also could mean he still wants to check out other options (if so, screw him).Soooooo, pretty much typical garbage from Mile Florio to try to act like he has a scoop when it really appears he has nothing.
The way WGR reported it was that he does have a meeting scheduled with another team tomorrow as a backup. As of 5PM he was still at stadium with media all hanging out awaiting news.

PFT is reporting that Williams is scheduled to fly out of Buffalo tonight.Of course, that means essentially jack squat. Being scheduled to leave doesn't mean he WILL leave. It also doesn't mean that he won't leave because he already signed a deal. It also could mean he still wants to check out other options (if so, screw him).Soooooo, pretty much typical garbage from Mile Florio to try to act like he has a scoop when it really appears he has nothing.
The way WGR reported it was that he does have a meeting scheduled with another team tomorrow as a backup. As of 5PM he was still at stadium with media all hanging out awaiting news.
Text from WGR states Williams staying in Buffalo tonight & coming back to One Bills Drive in morning.

So big shock, Florio is wrong, although he'll just claim that it WAS scheduled and he just skipped the flight.

Good news: Williams is still in Buffalo and other teams have less and less money to spend each day

Bad news: 2 days in and they still haven't sealed the deal!?

The only two things I can think of:

1) Mario is waiting to see if the Titans end up in or out with Manning. If they're out, then they have the money to go after Mario. Or possibly waiting to see the same with Miami

2) The deal is going to happen and they're waiting for Ralph Wilson to fly in tomorrow for the signing.

Apparently the NFL network just said the same thing RE: the Titans and Manning and that that IS the reason Williams is taking so long. Well, screw that. He wasn't Buffalo's #2 choice. Buffalo has just as good of a team as the Titans IMO. If that truly is the reason and he ends up eventually screwing the Bills...

I was at Sabres game. You would think if he was there they would have thrown a camera at him and announced he was, wishing him a warm welcome or something.

So sounds like the latest is:

1) Mario did NOT check out and leave last night and

2) The Bills brought in Jim and Jill Kelly as closers yesterday (good move since they fell in love with Buffalo enough to move there permanently and Jim is an avid hunter like Mario). Plus, you know, Jim being a HOFer and all.

@AdamSchefter: Buffalo has met most of the conditions for a deal for Texans free agent LB Mario Williams and is "close to a deal." Answer "real soon."
Not sure I agree with the LB designation, but good news regardless.

@AdamSchefter: Buffalo has met most of the conditions for a deal for Texans free agent LB Mario Williams and is "close to a deal." Answer "real soon."

Edit: beaten by Rude

Users who are viewing this thread