What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2013 Packers Off Season Thread *** (2 Viewers)

The offense is complex. To expect a QB like Young to digest and execute even a limited number of plays in a few weeks is asking a lot. He can make plays with his legs, but after watching the KC game, I'd rather see a guy like Grossman or Moore backing up Rodgers week 1.

Players that have reportedly been cut:

RB Alex Green

WR Ty Walker

WR Charles Johnson

WR Myles White

TE DJ Williams

TE Michael Mulligan

TE Jake Stoneburner

G/C Patrick Lewis

G Garth Gerhart

T Andre Datko

T Kevin Hughes

FB Johnathan Amosa

OLB Donte Savage

S Chaz Powell

Alex Green - His knee injury looked like his biggest obstacle but I wonder if the bigger issue was his lack of vision. He just never seemed to find the right seem to hit.

DJ Williams - Big disappointment. He had all the ability after a great college career but he never looked the part in the NFL.

It appears WR Ross has made the squad. What about S Banjo? More to come...

QB Scott Tolzien signed to the practice squad. He spent the last two seasons as San Francisco's #3 QB, but he's eligible for the practice squad because he never suited up for a game.

The o-line seems very thin. I think we all knew it would be a concern after the injuries, but seeing the depth chart at tackle is scary.

They cut Coleman? Who is our backup QB?

Making a play for Flynn? This is WEIRD.

I see Tolzien was signed but that's all we're going into the season with?

I hope TT isn't getting too fancy, here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tolzien on the PS.

Surely TT has a plan before cutting all the QBs other than Rodgers....

Reading on Twitter now that it will be Seneca Wallace?

THough...how much does it matter...they had no reliable backup with Coleman or Harrell or even Young (though, he looked like he could improvise a bit to keep some things close).

The team is reliant on Rodgers staying healthy.

Tolzien on the PS.

THough...how much does it matter...they had no reliable backup with Coleman or Harrell or even Young (though, he looked like he could improvise a bit to keep some things close).

Yea, but we have to have something to be upset about! As mentioned before, when our biggest talking points leading up to the season are the kicker and backup QB problems, I think we got a pretty good team ;)

Tolzien on the PS.

Very reliant on Rodgers being healthy.

Interesting year so far trying to get through some bad defensive play, injuries, and Rodgers being out.

The good so far...

-Eddie Lacy is the real deal and a 2nd round steal.

-David Bakhtiari is a heck of a player...hope he just keeps getting better.

-Finley til the injury was looking like he had matured.

-Found something in Boykin

-Hawk is having a fantastic year...helps when the Dline especially the next bullet point plays well.

-Mike Daniels is not talked about enough for this team. As good as Raji can be...Daniels is outshining him.

-Jolly making a nice comeback

The bad

-injuries...yes, they happen to many teams, but being in a game without Rodgers, Cobb, and Matthew is not good.

-Bulaga's injury has had a domino effect in a way with more recent injuries. I think they could handle the EDS/Lang/Barclay injuries much better if they would have had Bulaga at LT or RT to bookend with Bahktiari. But will they ever be able to rely on Bulaga being healthy?

-No experience worth anything behind Rodgers...shows some is needed...put in a bind by Coleman and Harrell's development not working out

-No pass rush whatsoever...missing Matthews and Perry has hurt...but nobody has stepped up at all...just awful.

-Last point leads to very inconsistent play in the secondary. Tramon is good one play...sucking the next. None of them have shown great ball skills as evidenced by the lack of INTs and the terrible play against Philly this past game.

-Newhouse playing RT.

-Tackling is piss poor.

-Inconsistent special teams...can pull off punt blocks and onsides kicks...but coverage units have had multiple bad bad games.

At the beginning of the season if you were to make a list of the players the Packers could least afford to lose to injury, who would you have had on it?

Rodgers

Matthews

Cobb

Probably your left tackle protecting Rodger's blindside, Bulaga

Maybe Finley (at least in the top 10)

I wouldn't put FInley top 10 (I mean, they won a SB the last time he was on IR)

No order

-Rodgers

-Cobb

-Matthews

-Shields

-Bulaga/LT

-Burnett

-Hawk

-Nelson

-EDS (lack of depth at C)

-Sitton

Maybe Finley in there just because they really are pretty thin there...

Users who are viewing this thread