What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official 2014 Kentucky Derby Thread***** (1 Viewer)

Anyone watching the preps? Haven't paid much attention to the contenders this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone watching the preps? Haven't paid much attention the the contenders this year.
Preps start for real next Saturday, a lot of KD winners off that 28 day layoff of the Wood, Santa Anita, and Bluegrass.

A couple of big races yesterday also, replays on this link:

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/road/schedule
I checked yesterday and it doesn't look like they're airing on ESPN or Fox this year as they did last (I don't remember which network it was) - all I could find was a recap show on MSG or MSG+ later that night. Will TVG air them, I guess?

Anyone watching the preps? Haven't paid much attention the the contenders this year.
Preps start for real next Saturday, a lot of KD winners off that 28 day layoff of the Wood, Santa Anita, and Bluegrass.

I checked yesterday and it doesn't look like they're airing on ESPN or Fox this year as they did last (I don't remember which network it was) - all I could find was a recap show on MSG or MSG+ later that night. Will TVG air them, I guess?
Hard to find as it seems to fall under the radar with a lot of the other sports peaking interest this time of year. Did find this blurb however:

Saturday, April 4, 2015, 5:30 p.m – 7:30 p.m. (NBC Sports Network)

Wood Memorial (Aqueduct Racetrack) and Santa Anita Derby (Santa Anita Park)

Hard to find as it seems to fall under the radar with a lot of the other sports peaking interest this time of year. Did find this blurb however:

Ahhhhh... NBC Sports, that's right - I'm 95% sure that's who aired them last year. Not sure why it didn't come up in my search, but I'll set the DVR tonight. Thanks.

Ahhhhh... NBC Sports, that's right - I'm 95% sure that's who aired them last year. Not sure why it didn't come up in my search, but I'll set the DVR tonight. Thanks.
Speaking of other sports, of course its running smack up against the final 4. Thing I like about horse racing though is you only need a few minute window once you find out the actual post times for the races themselves.

So with the long layoff and no horse has won the Kentucky Derby without racing at 2 since 1882, play materiality to hit the board or toss?

Last edited by a moderator:
So with the long layoff and no horse has won the Kentucky Derby without racing at 2 since 1882, play materiality to hit the board or toss?
35 days is not that long so I would not throw him out on that basis. He does lack experience though with only 3 starts.

One positive is that one of those starts was a win on a sloppy track, just in case it comes up wet Derby Day.

Users who are viewing this thread