What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (3 Viewers)

Pulling for the Ducks because I'd love to see somebody new win a national championship. Probably have the hardest path to get there through FSU and Bama, Jumbo doesn't get enough credit for his work in Tallahassee; they're going to be tough for anyone to beat.
:bye:

Switching gears a little bit, what Meyer/Ohio State were able to do this week is pretty amazing. For them to come into that game with a new QB and one week to prepare is beyond impressive. Very excited to see what they can do with a month of prep. Hopefully this QB doesn't get injured.
Not really Wisconsin was not a great team. Heck the Big 10 was probably the worst of the P5 conferences. Yet the $$ and name of Ohio St, gets them in over better teams. If you had Ohio St vs TCU or Baylor. Ohio St goes home with the loss.

Its seems rigged to get Bama vs FSU/Oregon for the title game. Since they did not select the best teams.
:bye:

OSU fans had a lot of pent up rage toward Bama and SEC. Wonder if that carried over to the team. In any case I also have to wonder if they feel like team of destiny or team of justified placement. Urban didn't know how bad Oregon whooped FSU and had a classic reaction. All of that worries me. If I was unbiased in my betting I would take what Vegas is giving Oregon right now. I hope OSU feels they need to justify themselves more than beating an overrated SEC because Oregon will not #### around.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a nice run for the Seminoles. I'm glad they got a championship last year and returned to relevance.

Oregon played a great game and the play calling was great.

Pretty much everything that could go wrong for the Noles did. From a missed FG from the best kicker in college football, a dropped Mariota INT by Ramsey thst could have gone to the house, to a missed PI TD call by the refs. FSU clearly outplayed Oregon for 2 quarters. Then the worst 3rd quarter I have ever seen in my life began. I woke up last night having nightmares about it.

Oh yeah, congrats to OSU fans & Oregon fans. I'm undecided on who I want to win.

Also congrats to FSU and Bama fans for making the 1st CFB playoff. A great accomplishment no matter the result.

OSU fans had a lot of pent up rage toward Bama and SEC. Wonder if that carried over to the team. In any case I also have to wonder if they feel like team of destiny or team of justified placement. Urban didn't know how bad Oregon whooped FSU and had a classic reaction. All of that worries me. If I was unbiased in my betting I would take what Vegas is giving Oregon right now. I hope OSU feels they need to justify themselves more than beating an overrated SEC because Oregon will not #### around.
Bama has a lot of flaws that OSU exposed. I have a feeling Oregon would have embarrassed Alabama. Might do us some good to have lost. No way we could keep up with Oregon with our qb and our shoddy pass defense.

But OSU matches up differently. I think they can beat Oregon based on what I saw last night. I personally think Oregon will win by a touchdown, but OSU will give them a physical game and make it close.

Congratulations to Ohio State

I completely underestimated Ohio state which is not smart because clearly this was not The type of Alabama team that steamrolls good teams

Hopefully Bama can get a quarterback next year and I'll be pulling for Ohio State to beat Oregon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Alabama sucks

Well at least if FSU had to die, the SEC went to hell with them. Hopefully we never see 3 teams from one division be ranked in the top-4 again. Confirmation bias at it's best.

I can't wait to hear Phyllis call Finebaum. Hope someone posts it here because I couldn't possibly listen to that show.

THE DYNASTY IS NOT OVER!!

Reminder: it'd all be over by this point in previous years and there would likely be even more debate. I'm still happy we get to see this decided on the field.

Think about this as well: In the old BCS system, we'd have likely seen FSU and Bama in the title game. After yesterday, it makes you wonder how different the last decade may have been if the title hadn't been a one and done operation for the SEC.

No doubt they've had some dominant teams, but as yesterday showed, you never know until the games are played.

Reminder: it'd all be over by this point in previous years and there would likely be even more debate. I'm still happy we get to see this decided on the field.

Think about this as well: In the old BCS system, we'd have likely seen FSU and Bama in the title game. After yesterday, it makes you wonder how different the last decade may have been if the title hadn't been a one and done operation for the SEC.

No doubt they've had some dominant teams, but as yesterday showed, you never know until the games are played.
Of course things might be different. There's a great chance that if we moved it to 8 teams THIS YEAR, we wouldn't have ended up with OSU vs Oregon.

Based on whatever rankings are used, all the odd-numbered ranked teams lost - 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. 2, 4, 6, and 8 won.

For what that's worth, which is zizzerooni.

Of course things might be different. There's a great chance that if we moved it to 8 teams THIS YEAR, we wouldn't have ended up with OSU vs Oregon.
The general point is ESPN loves to trumpet an SEC era of dominance, but there was an article a few years ago about how much of it was a self fulfilling prophecy until a playoff was around. Specifically that if the perception was that the SEC was the mythical conference head and shoulders above others so that when they beat each other up, it didn't drop their teams farther than others in the same boat. Meaning, the SEC had more chances at the title so it wasn't surprising they won so many. That they did it so many times in a row tells me they did have better teams, but they also had more opportunities.

Dang, while I can certainly understand frustration on the part of Buckeye fans, with the crap that has been dealt out on this board, for Pete's sake, just be happy and keep on smiling this morning. No need to lash out like has been done here. I think I am among the more tenured Buckeye fans on this board, so have gone through it all. Just keep it classy, friends. The Bucks played amazing last night. Enjoy it and don't keep with the torrent of #'s.

And yes, I am definitely wearing my gray OSU sweater vest at my office today. Gotta warm it up for the 12th.

O-H!

Seriously, how many teams from the SEC in the preseason top 10? I say 4
Bama

Georgia

LSU

That might be it. Georgia and LSU fringy top-10
Wasn't South Carolina top 10?

Edit: 9th in AP, 21st in USA Today.

SEC top 10 in AP: Alabama (2), Auburn (6), South Carolina (9). Just missing were Georgia (12), LSU (13), and Ole Miss (18)

SEC top 10 in USA Today: Alabama (2), Auburn (5), Georgia (8). Just missing were LSU (12), Texas A&M (13), and Ole Miss (17)

Thought Bama was a 3 loss team when the season started. Regular season losses. Still happy about how well they did.

Good luck to the Bucks and Ducks.

BamaGeorgia

LSU

Wasn't South Carolina top 10?Edit: 9th in AP, 21st in USA Today.

SEC top 10 in AP: Alabama (2), Auburn (6), South Carolina (9). Just missing were Georgia (12), LSU (13), and Ole Miss (18)

SEC top 10 in USA Today: Alabama (2), Auburn (5), Georgia (8). Just missing were LSU (12), Texas A&M (13), and Ole Miss (17)
Oh sorry mis-read you. Thought you meant for 2015.

Bama

Georgia

LSU

Wasn't South Carolina top 10?Edit: 9th in AP, 21st in USA Today.

Yes, people thought SC had a defense. <_<

Which is why a lot of us have been arguing for a playoff (and a larger one at that) for some time. No way of knowing how TCU would have fared in the games yesterday either.

You are not doing your avatar proud in here, Wade. If that is your real name...
He's done a good job reminding me why I dislike Ohio State. :thumbup:
Oh stop...Ohio State and the B1G have been a punching bag on this board for years, especially this one...they exact a little revenge and now you're going to boo hoo about some posts I rehash? Man some of you are sensitive.

My apologies to you all.

You are not doing your avatar proud in here, Wade. If that is your real name...
He's done a good job reminding me why I dislike Ohio State. :thumbup:
Oh stop...Ohio State and the B1G have been a punching bag on this board for years, especially this one...they exact a little revenge and now you're going to boo hoo about some posts I rehash? Man some of you are sensitive.

My apologies to you all.
Just reminded me of all THE Ohio State/Big 10 shtick from years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread