What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Whoa Kevin Steele left Bama for.....LSU?!?!?!?!?

Gump what's that about?
Promotion. Also a rumor he wasn't seeing eye to eye with Kirby.

Lance Thompson also left for Auburn, supposedly pushed. I think Saban is trying to freshen things up some.

Question...knowing you guys aren't really the target market.

What are your thoughts on College product in those logos, using current NFL players?

EX: Aaron Rodgers in Cal, Peyton in UT, Brady in Michigan, Stafford in UGA, Lacy in Bama.

What are your thoughts on College product in those logos, using current NFL players?

EX: Aaron Rodgers in Cal, Peyton in UT, Brady in Michigan, Stafford in UGA, Lacy in Bama.
Works better with recent grads.

Slapdash said:
gump said:

Depends on your age, IMO. I still have an Eddie George OSU jersey. I connect with the guys that were in college the same time I was a lot more.

Slapdash said:
gump said:

Luck or Sherman in Stanford, Charles in Texas, Murray in Oklahoma, Watt in Wisconsin.

I think it has to align with a big college.

And how about player tees in addition to jerseys? Gives you a $26-$30 option.

Haven't those been out for years? Or they all bootleg?

I see 20 Charlie Ward jerseys every time I go to Doak.
Retired players have been done for a while...I have a Namath Bama jersey...but normally in the logos of the era they played in.

Numbers have also been done...#15 for Florida, etc.

The difference here is current NFL players...with names...in current college marks.

Retired players have been done for a while...I have a Namath Bama jersey...but normally in the logos of the era they played in.Numbers have also been done...#15 for Florida, etc.

The difference here is current NFL players...with names...in current college marks.
Interesting. Do retired players get money for that?

Retired players have been done for a while...I have a Namath Bama jersey...but normally in the logos of the era they played in.Numbers have also been done...#15 for Florida, etc.

Interesting. Do retired players get money for that?
Yep...they get it directly also. The current players are thru the PA.

Autonomy in place...full cost of attendance passes. It's unclear if the "four year scholarship" concept passed. Some are saying the SEC voted against it 11-2 but the total vote was 50-29-1 with the other "no" votes coming from B12 schools, so I don't know if that means it passed completely or it was up to conferences. Interesting nonetheless.....especially if everyone has to do the four year scholarships :popcorn:

Guy doesn't let much moss gather under him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12188787/lane-kiffin-front-runner-san-francisco-49ers-oc

Kiffin front-runner to be 49ers' OC
Updated: January 18, 2015, 1:30 PM ET
AP Photo/Gerald HerbertLane Kiffin helped
"Yes. Definitely," Kiffin said in December, when asked if he would return to the Crimson Tide. "I think that we've still got a lot of stuff we can do better. We'll obviously be working with a new quarterback, and that will be exciting. We've done that before. To me, that's always exciting, the unknown. You've got a new quarterback to see if we can do this again, to see if we can perform really well."

This was Kiffin's first season as an assistant to coach Nick Saban. Kiffin is the former head coach of the Oakland Raiders, Tennessee and USC.

Alabama Football @AlabamaFTBL

Offensive Coordinator Lane Kiffin Confirms Return To Alabama. #RollTide #BuiltByBama

2:49 PM - 24 Jan 2015

GDogg - thoughts?

BamaOnline has confirmed through multiple sources that former Washington Huskies assistant coach Tosh Lupoi will be named an on-field assistant coach for Alabama in the coming days.

GDogg - thoughts?

BamaOnline has confirmed through multiple sources that former Washington Huskies assistant coach Tosh Lupoi will be named an on-field assistant coach for Alabama in the coming days.
When he was at Cal, fans of every school in the Pac 12 wanted him. A lot of fans suspected he was dirty, but there really was no proof. Along with Orgeron, he was one of the top 2 recruiters on the west coast. And, his defensive lines at Cal were excellent.

I think he was only at UW for one year before allegations of payments to recruits surfaced and then Sark's staff left for southern cal.

So, in short, the rich get richer. Alabama doesn't necessarily need another elite recruiter, but they got one and also now have the counter to Orgeron. I think this will help with west coast recruiting in particular, not that Alabama needs to go west for talent.

And, Alabama is extremely well coached, obviously. He'll be an asset on the field, too. Like i said, his DL at Cal year in and year out was the best in the conference.

I think it's a great hire as long as he keeps his nose clean, which I'd assume he will.

NFL and ESPN have approached the CFP crew to revamp their TV schedule, already.

Link

Couldn't help but think of the comments Cappy made earlier in this thread (or the bowl thread....can't really remember now)

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that UNC and Wake have decided to schedule home and home "non conference" games because of the way ACC scheduling is happening. 2019 and 2021

Link

Couldn't help but think of the comments Cappy made earlier in this thread (or the bowl thread....can't really remember now)
What's troubling is the NFL wants to make room to expand their playoffs. That's the biggest takeaway here. I don't think they care really if CFP rolls on a Saturday during the regular season, but they certainly can see how there could be a conflict going forward if they start the NFL Season earlier and end it earlier with a new playoff round.

oof

Link

What's troubling is the NFL wants to make room to expand their playoffs. That's the biggest takeaway here. I don't think they care really if CFP rolls on a Saturday during the regular season, but they certainly can see how there could be a conflict going forward if they start the NFL Season earlier and end it earlier with a new playoff round.

oof
The NFL is really trying to fix the #### out of something that isn't broken.

It appears that UNC and Wake have decided to schedule home and home "non conference" games because of the way ACC scheduling is happening. 2019 and 2021
IIRC, Kansas and Kansas State did that long time ago...but for a completely different reason.
I suggested Bama+Tenn and UGa+Auburn could do the same thing to do away with permanent rivals in the SEC and allow a better cross-division rotation. Some other SEC fans here seemed to think it couldn't be done that way.

None of the other 5 match-ups are actually between natural rivals but we're all stuck with them because those two games "have to" be played.

IIRC, Kansas and Kansas State did that long time ago...but for a completely different reason.
I suggested Bama+Tenn and UGa+Auburn could do the same thing to do away with permanent rivals in the SEC and allow a better cross-division rotation. Some other SEC fans here seemed to think it couldn't be done that way.

None of the other 5 match-ups are actually between natural rivals but we're all stuck with them because those two games "have to" be played.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/b678c72e5290aab57e4be8b746bf772c/tumblr_mt56aevRC91s9zpjko1_250.gif

I suggested Bama+Tenn and UGa+Auburn could do the same thing to do away with permanent rivals in the SEC and allow a better cross-division rotation. Some other SEC fans here seemed to think it couldn't be done that way.None of the other 5 match-ups are actually between natural rivals but we're all stuck with them because those two games "have to" be played.
Yeah, I'd prefer to just let the two games rotate and have the traditional rivalries that care set these up.

Link

oof
Yeah, all of sudden the NFL wants to expand the playoffs? Where did that come from? I had heard zero on this front; has anyone else?

Link

oof
Yeah, all of sudden the NFL wants to expand the playoffs? Where did that come from? I had heard zero on this front; has anyone else?
I heard they also want a team overseas as well. :kicksrock:

Link

oof
if you mean expand by have more teams and games, that has certainly been bandied about.

If you are talking about putting a game on Monday night, that took me completely by surprise also. I don't know how they'd schedule the following game, but it seems like it would a crazy disadvantage in a playoff game for a team that had to play on a Monday.

Rivals have Gators recruiting at 102 this morning, between App State and Air Force.

Crazier than them going 4-8 IMO.

Rivals have Gators recruiting at 102 this morning, between App State and Air Force.

73 on the Composite, with 10 signees...right there with Michigan. They have a bunch of huge decisions in the next two weeks.

Scout has them at 70, between Colorado and SMU, which is just above San Jose State.

They do, however, only have 9 recruits. I have no idea who is left on their recruiting board, so they may finish very strong for all I know. Their average star ranking is higher than any school near them.

Scout has them at 70, between Colorado and SMU, which is just above San Jose State.

They do, however, only have 9 recruits. I have no idea who is left on their recruiting board, so they may finish very strong for all I know. Their average star ranking is higher than any school near them.
They lead for the Big 3 left in the state...all in the Top 7 overall.

Neither of those are good enough though, obviously. Even if they got up to 40 that's a disaster.
If they land all 3 and fill the rest out, I think they'll cruise up there in the top 15 or so. A lot can still go wrong though too...and it depends on how many they take.

Users who are viewing this thread