What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Dammit. Hell of an experience in Dallas, but beyond bummed to be 0-2 at National Championship games. And I'm still on 90 minutes of sleep as I had to fly to ATL for work at 6:30 AM this morning, so there's that. All that being said, I'm an Oregon fan and alumni who has been able to experience two National Championship Games, something that in the early 90s when I was in school would have been absurd to even consider. So I'm happy to have been along for the ride. We're not going away, much to the chagrin of many people over the age of 17 in SEC and Big 10 and Big 12 country. And I say that because I keep hearing stories of people around the country that I know that have kids, and their kids love Oregon. Very cool.

Congrats to tOSU, well deserved win. Handled the Ducks last night, and an amazing coaching job by Meyer - the biggest advantage the Buckeyes had

Way too early top 25.

Kind of surprised tOSU wouldn't be 1 here with what they bring back.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings
SEC Backlash? Highest ranked SEC team is UGA at 8
Simple Click Bait...these things are even worse now than they were before and I didn't think that was possible :lol:
Sporting News has Arkansas @ 4. Maybe there's a reason Sporting News is irrelevant.

Arkansas :lmao:

Way too early top 25.

Kind of surprised tOSU wouldn't be 1 here with what they bring back.http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings
Simple Click Bait...these things are even worse now than they were before and I didn't think that was possible :lol:
Sporting News has Arkansas @ 4. Maybe there's a reason Sporting News is irrelevant.Arkansas :lmao:
It's a down year in the SEC West...

Way too early top 25.

Kind of surprised tOSU wouldn't be 1 here with what they bring back.http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings
Sporting News has Arkansas @ 4. Maybe there's a reason Sporting News is irrelevant.Arkansas :lmao:
It's a down year in the SEC West...
It's never that down

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see Missouri getting a head start on their "that team that never starts the season in the top 25, but always ends up there at the end" routine.

Yes, it pains me. But, I will doff my cap to Bucks fans. They ran the table with a third string QB and delivered two beat downs of the #1 and #2 teams in America. Enjoy your win; you earned it.
Ditto. Hated to see it happen, but they did a good job of taking it. Now I have to deal with the OSU fan at work. At least his Cowboys lost this weekend.
but beyond bummed to be 0-2 at National Championship games.
It's a good thing you're not a fan of the Vikings or Bills... :coffee:
I hate you

psychobillies said:
Capella said:
Whoa Kevin Steele left Bama for.....LSU?!?!?!?!?

Gump what's that about?
Complete meltdown amongst the LSU faithful right now. I have no idea what Miles is thinking. Seems like pretty much the worst choice possible.

Gump, please tell me something positive about this guy, cause his resume is underwhelming.
LSU adding Ed Orgeron as D line coach and moving Brick Haley to a non coaching position(for now). Making the Kevin Steele hire more understandable. I think that makes three national recruiters of the year on staff now in Orgeron, Steele, and Frank Wilson.

psychobillies said:
Capella said:

Gump what's that about?
Complete meltdown amongst the LSU faithful right now. I have no idea what Miles is thinking. Seems like pretty much the worst choice possible.Gump, please tell me something positive about this guy, cause his resume is underwhelming.
LSU adding Ed Orgeron as D line coach and moving Brick Haley to a non coaching position(for now). Making the Kevin Steele hire more understandable. I think that makes three national recruiters of the year on staff now in Orgeron, Steele, and Frank Wilson.
I don't think talent was the issue last year in Baton Rouge, but those guys are all great recruiters.

psychobillies said:
Capella said:

Gump what's that about?
Complete meltdown amongst the LSU faithful right now. I have no idea what Miles is thinking. Seems like pretty much the worst choice possible.Gump, please tell me something positive about this guy, cause his resume is underwhelming.
I don't think talent was the issue last year in Baton Rouge, but those guys are all great recruiters.
You're right. The biggest problem was youth and inexperience, especially at QB. LSU did lose some key in state guys last year, most notably Cam Robinson. Chavis was not a great recruiter, so the feeling here is that LSU just got much better in that regard.

Add Corey Raymond to the list of outstanding LSU recruiters.

Congrats to all Buckeye fans. I definitely didn't see that coming. Ohio State deserved to win and Oregon could not stop them on defense. Very tough loss to swallow but what a great atmosphere last night.
Yup, they beat the tar out of Oregon, but it was one of the most fun experiences of my life. Ohio State fans easily outnumbered Oregon fans by a large margin. The swath or red in the 300-400 levels was astonishing. We had several OSU fans in our section and they were all very nice and very gracious in victory. I remember that from the Rose Bowl a few years ago. I know they get a bad rap from other Big10 schools, but I have nothing but nice things to say about Ohio State fans; from the time we arrived to the stadium to the post-game beers at Humperdinks afterwards.

Also, that's the most canned Miller Lite I've consumed since high school. :bag:

Congrats to all Buckeye fans. I definitely didn't see that coming. Ohio State deserved to win and Oregon could not stop them on defense. Very tough loss to swallow but what a great atmosphere last night.
Yup, they beat the tar out of Oregon, but it was one of the most fun experiences of my life. Ohio State fans easily outnumbered Oregon fans by a large margin. The swath or red in the 300-400 levels was astonishing. We had several OSU fans in our section and they were all very nice and very gracious in victory. I remember that from the Rose Bowl a few years ago. I know they get a bad rap from other Big10 schools, but I have nothing but nice things to say about Ohio State fans; from the time we arrived to the stadium to the post-game beers at Humperdinks afterwards.

:goodposting:

I'm late to the party. Congrats to The Ohio State University and their fans. Impressive RB, and stout defense. It pains me to say this, but I am starting to think that Oregon can't physically hang with the big boys.

They can if they recruited some bigger linebackers
I'm thinking they need more than this, especially given the way Cardale Jones just trucked over their starting nose tackle like it was nothing. Oregon may need bigger bodies all around in order to contain the middle.

The only enemies that OSU fans had that night were couches... :gang2:

I do not get the mentality of "Woohooo! We just won a big game!! Let's burn some freaking couches!" This hip hop generation has just passed me by. :no:

They need bigger everything IMO. Granted Jones is not your typical sized QB, but still. There were 5-6 plays where he simply ran right over top of linemen and defensive backs. Anyone have a YAC stat for Elliott? It had to be rather large.

They need bigger everything IMO. Granted Jones is not your typical sized QB, but still. There were 5-6 plays where he simply ran right over top of linemen and defensive backs. Anyone have a YAC stat for Elliott? It had to be rather large.
Zeke is boss, but the OLine was amazing down the stretch.

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo
FollowIn Ohio State’s win Monday, Ezekiel Elliott had 171 rushing yards before contact, more than Oregon's TOTAL rushing yards

4:11 PM - 13 Jan 2015

Zeke is boss, but the OLine was amazing down the stretch.

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo
FollowIn Ohio State’s win Monday, Ezekiel Elliott had 171 rushing yards before contact, more than Oregon's TOTAL rushing yards

4:11 PM - 13 Jan 2015
so around 70ish YAC....unreal.

I'm thinking they need more than this, especially given the way Cardale Jones just trucked over their starting nose tackle like it was nothing. Oregon may need bigger bodies all around in order to contain the middle.
2 of their D linemen are 1st rounders, it wasn't the line that was the problem,. review the tape. Oregon runs a 3-4 with speed at linebacker, but they sacrifice size for that. See Oregon's linebackers look my size, like 6'2 230, then check out OSU linebackers at 6'2 255, there's a noticeable size difference.

Oregon had a chance in this game when they got it to 21--20 but then OSU goes on a 10play drive mainly running for 7 yards a play, and not once in that drive did Oregon stack the box or run blitz. If they had, they might still have got burned and lost, but they needed to sell out to get the ball back. OSU ended the game right there, it was over at 28-20.

The biggest advantage OSU had on this game was they had pulling guards at 300lb eating up 230 linebackers 5 yards past the hole. Elliott could walk through some of those holes.

2 of their D linemen are 1st rounders, it wasn't the line that was the problem,. review the tape. Oregon runs a 3-4 with speed at linebacker, but they sacrifice size for that. See Oregon's linebackers look my size, like 6'2 230, then check out OSU linebackers at 6'2 255, there's a noticeable size difference.

Oregon had a chance in this game when they got it to 21--20 but then OSU goes on a 10play drive mainly running for 7 yards a play, and not once in that drive did Oregon stack the box or run blitz. If they had, they might still have got burned and lost, but they needed to sell out to get the ball back. OSU ended the game right there, it was over at 28-20.

The biggest advantage OSU had on this game was they had pulling guards at 300lb eating up 230 linebackers 5 yards past the hole. Elliott could walk through some of those holes.
Granted, I've only looked at 5-6 mock drafts, but the only Oregon player I have seen listed in any of them going in the first round is Marcus M. And I have to say the line is indeed a problem if the guards are getting to the linebackers 5 yards past the hole. That means the line couldn't contain them and they were motoring down the field to the next level.

Granted, I've only looked at 5-6 mock drafts, but the only Oregon player I have seen listed in any of them going in the first round is Marcus M. And I have to say the line is indeed a problem if the guards are getting to the linebackers 5 yards past the hole. That means the line couldn't contain them and they were motoring down the field to the next level.
Oregon had 3 guys on the line, their scheme was to drop the 4 linebackers into the zone about 3 yards behind the line. that was the mistake, they should have brought at least 3 of those guys up and mixed in the occaisional safety run blitz. They really never attacked the run, they were dropping 5-6 guys into the secondary on a lot of plays and letting Elliott beat them. To me that's a coaching decision that could have been handled differently

ETA:

draft prospect

eta:

*Arik Armstead DE 6 Oregon Jr 6-7 296 round 1-2

deforest buckner projected 1-2 round for 2016 draft (he's coming back)

Oregon had 3 guys on the line, their scheme was to drop the 4 linebackers into the zone about 3 yards behind the line. that was the mistake, they should have brought at least 3 of those guys up and mixed in the occaisional safety run blitz. They really never attacked the run, they were dropping 5-6 guys into the secondary on a lot of plays and letting Elliott beat them. To me that's a coaching decision that could have been handled differently

ETA:

draft prospect

eta:

*Arik Armstead DE 6 Oregon Jr 6-7 296 round 1-2

deforest buckner projected 1-2 round for 2016 draft (he's coming back)
So, we're missing the word "potential" in your assertion. Makes better sense. As for the coaching decisions, that's a shift in discussion. One of those shoulda coulda woulda deals and didn't have much to do with what you were saying.

If you think this guys stock is high right now, just wait until the Pats draft him and Brady gets hurt in the AFC title game next year.

He doesn't have many options, I'm afraid.

Personally I think Barrett is the best QB of the 3 and should start next year. But then again I also thought the tablet was going to be a flop so what do I know?

I'd like to see him stay to develop, but I absolutely understand why he would do this, if he does turn pro.
:goodposting: Wouldn't blame him one bit. Coaches can't guarantee him the starter next year, already 22 and comes from nothing. If true, what a rise and what a story.
He's got a kid too (sorry if that was mentioned in the link).
you cannot blame him for going,

I'd like to say it would be better for him to stay, but heck he could end up third string again for all we know. I doubt it, but who the heck knows. Urban will do what is bets for the team

Weren't the two 6'7 or whatever Oregon DE's shown broken down and limping off the field during the 4th quarter? The OL, and the TE's, were manhandling everyone...if we want to put blame on the Oregon LB's and their scheme, ok, but those DE's were being hyped leading up to the game.

Way too early top 25.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings
Ole Miss still being riding the coat tails of beating Alabama. I doubt they survive the SEC let alone any other conferences best.
I know we looked bad down the stretch, but after spending 5 weeks at #1 and returning a Heisman candidate QB you would think Miss State could crack the preseason top 25.

Way too early top 25.

Ole Miss still being riding the coat tails of beating Alabama. I doubt they survive the SEC let alone any other conferences best.
I know we looked bad down the stretch, but after spending 5 weeks at #1 and returning a Heisman candidate QB you would think Miss State could crack the preseason top 25.
They are far more legit than Ole Miss

He doesn't have many options, I'm afraid.

Personally I think Barrett is the best QB of the 3 and should start next year. But then again I also thought the tablet was going to be a flop so what do I know?
You did mention that you thought putting a camera into a phone was a good idea.

We had several OSU fans in our section and they were all very nice and very gracious in victory. I remember that from the Rose Bowl a few years ago. I know they get a bad rap from other Big10 schools, but I have nothing but nice things to say about Ohio State fans; from the time we arrived to the stadium to the post-game beers at Humperdinks afterwards.
For games of this magnitude, rich alumni generally get first crack at the school's ticket allotment, while the troublemakers end up staying home and burning their couches.

I think that's true for any major school, not just Ohio State.

Users who are viewing this thread