What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (5 Viewers)

Why in the hell is USCe only getting 7 points. Wow. And Mizzou w/o their starting QB, imo, should get housed by Florida. And by housed, I mean Florida wins by 7, which is a lot of points for that offense. ;)
Seems they are giving Mizzue a lot of credit for their win over Georgia. Too much IMO.
Agree. Georgia is a shell of itself from the beginning of the season. They lost their 1st and 2nd string RB, and 1st, 2nd and 3rd string WRs. And Mizzou lost their QB. I think Florida's defense shuts down Mizzou and wins, 17 - 10.

General Malaise said:
I rather like the Pink Helmets, but I guess I'm just one of those weird guys that doesn't like cancer. :shrug:

Plus, getting the women folk to LIKE your football team and encourage you to continue supporting them with season tickets and eyeballs on Saturday is a good thing, n'est pas?
It's still gay no matter how you put it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Commish said:
GDogg said:
UCLA and Michigan announce a home and home...for 2022-23.
Michigan's supposedly adding FL and a H/H with Arkansas as well. I want to say FL is in 2016?? My guess is it will be at their place or close by like Jax or ATL.
LSU added Wisconsin for 2014 and 2016 and rumors are that LSU will be playing Penn State in a neutral site around 2020.

Does anyone think there is a chance the winner of the Clemson/FSU game jumps Oregon this week in the polls? I think it's a remote possibility, personally. What's more interesting about it is I think this game could serve Oregon best of anyone. This winner of this game could steal #1 votes from Bama and open up a shot for Oregon to move to #1.
I'd be shocked if the winner of that game isn't #2.
Agreed, especially if it's Clemson. Will they stay there? We'll see.
If they beat FSU they should be undefeated going to South Carolina at the end of the season. The only possible game that could get them would be next week at Maryland coming off the high of beating FSU. Beat I don't think Maryland is any good. I know UVA and Ga Tech aren't any good.
You're probably right, but they stumbled a good deal against NC State and BC who are also not very good.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
MAC_32 said:
The Commish said:
GDogg said:
Michigan's supposedly adding FL and a H/H with Arkansas as well. I want to say FL is in 2016?? My guess is it will be at their place or close by like Jax or ATL.
meanwhile, Ohio is on the phone with south alabama and cal poly.
The Buckeyes are looking at paying a big price for their non-conf this year so they might reconsider their approach.
How so? They're likely coasting to 12-0 and a really good shot at the NCG. Even if they end up 3rd or something and miss, you have to think that would be good for a playoff spot starting next year, especially with the name recognition of Ohio State.
That's my takeaway, sure Logan Thomas never developed but picking a series with Va Tech right when they're transitioning to a new QB seemed like an interesting decision, especially considering they had an opportunity to play Louisville this year and opted for San Diego State instead, keeping their cupcake non conference schedule intact.

Chicken ####'s.
This isn't true.
Talk to Bruce Feldman.
Don't need to.

While we're at it, the VT series contract was signed when Logan Thomas was in 2nd grade.

So, 0 for 2.
Then get out of the contract and go play some teams that will help you play for the national title, not make it easier to finish the season undefeated.

Does anyone think there is a chance the winner of the Clemson/FSU game jumps Oregon this week in the polls? I think it's a remote possibility, personally. What's more interesting about it is I think this game could serve Oregon best of anyone. This winner of this game could steal #1 votes from Bama and open up a shot for Oregon to move to #1.
If they beat FSU they should be undefeated going to South Carolina at the end of the season. The only possible game that could get them would be next week at Maryland coming off the high of beating FSU. Beat I don't think Maryland is any good. I know UVA and Ga Tech aren't any good.
Clemson will have a strong case, but I think Oregon's will be stronger if they are undefeated too. Clemson needs to demolish some teams and Oregon needs to scuffle a bit, neither of which has happened.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
MAC_32 said:
The Commish said:
GDogg said:
meanwhile, Ohio is on the phone with south alabama and cal poly.
The Buckeyes are looking at paying a big price for their non-conf this year so they might reconsider their approach.
How so? They're likely coasting to 12-0 and a really good shot at the NCG. Even if they end up 3rd or something and miss, you have to think that would be good for a playoff spot starting next year, especially with the name recognition of Ohio State.
That's my takeaway, sure Logan Thomas never developed but picking a series with Va Tech right when they're transitioning to a new QB seemed like an interesting decision, especially considering they had an opportunity to play Louisville this year and opted for San Diego State instead, keeping their cupcake non conference schedule intact.

Chicken ####'s.
This isn't true.
Talk to Bruce Feldman.
Don't need to.

While we're at it, the VT series contract was signed when Logan Thomas was in 2nd grade.

So, 0 for 2.
Then get out of the contract and go play some teams that will help you play for the national title, not make it easier to finish the season undefeated.
I don't disagree with you. But, OSU is not the only school that schedules this far out. Unless you see some type of sweeping change to the way it is done, you'll have this problem every year. Who's to say Texas wont be replacing Mack Brown the year the play OSU? Are you going to have the same opinion?then?

I doubt it. As much as I hate Oregon, they are playing as good as anybody in the country right now. Bama and Oregon seem like the best 2 teams in the country by a long shot.

General Malaise said:
I rather like the Pink Helmets, but I guess I'm just one of those weird guys that doesn't like cancer. :shrug:

Plus, getting the women folk to LIKE your football team and encourage you to continue supporting them with season tickets and eyeballs on Saturday is a good thing, n'est pas?
Oregon is auctioning off 25 of these helmets with 100% of the proceeds going to a cancer research center. I think that's cool. Gay? Not sure if you get the newspaper (or can even read it for that matter) but gay is winning. Gay has won. But I wouldn't expect a knuckle-dragging mouth breather like you to know that, Norton.

LOL...Clemson almost lost to Boston College in the fake "Death Valley". No way the winner jumps Oregon.

General Malaise said:

Oregon is auctioning off 25 of these helmets with 100% of the proceeds going to a cancer research center. I think that's cool. Gay? Not sure if you get the newspaper (or can even read it for that matter) but gay is winning. Gay has won. But I wouldn't expect a knuckle-dragging mouth breather like you to know that, Norton.
That's great about the proceeds....doesn't make it less gay. Knuckle-dragging mouth breather, eh? I've been called worse, Forrest.

LOL...Clemson almost lost to Boston College in the fake "Death Valley". No way the winner jumps Oregon.
They also beat Georgia (before they lost all their players) and will have beaten Florida State.

Again, I think they get re-jumped before the season is over IF Oregon stays undefeated, but to date I can see why Clemson is more deserving.

I don't disagree with you. But, OSU is not the only school that schedules this far out. Unless you see some type of sweeping change to the way it is done, you'll have this problem every year. Who's to say Texas wont be replacing Mack Brown the year the play OSU? Are you going to have the same opinion?then?
The everyone else does it reply? Really?

Then schedule more than one, lessen your chances.

Michigan inked UConn when it looked like a good game, it fell apart, but we still had Notre Dame to fall back on. The old leadership was starting to trend towards more big games in non-conference and the new one has taken it to another level. To be the best you have to beat the best. Ohio continues to schedule creampuffs around their one game, then they end up with Cal this year and Va Tech next year. Schedule more than one.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but oh well. I just find it absolutely crazy that ANY eligible team, but especially a team like Louisville or Northern Illinois or maybe even Baylor, can go unbeaten and have absolutely NO opportunity to play for a national championship.

You know Memorial Stadium in Clemson was called Death Valley long before Tiger Stadium was, right? Also, you're aware Tiger Stadium's nickname was originally Deaf Valley, and has since morphed into Death Valley, right? Certainly, as an alum of LSU someone who happened to be born in Houma, you're aware of this history right?

You know Memorial Stadium in Clemson was called Death Valley long before Tiger Stadium was, right? Also, you're aware Tiger Stadium's nickname was originally Deaf Valley, and has since morphed into Death Valley, right? Certainly, as an alum of LSU someone who happened to be born in Houma, you're aware of this history right?
Yes, I know it use to be Deaf Valley. I actually liked that name better. And I'm not from Houma...

Michigan inked UConn when it looked like a good game, it fell apart, but we still had Notre Dame to fall back on. The old leadership was starting to trend towards more big games in non-conference and the new one has taken it to another level. To be the best you have to beat the best. Ohio continues to schedule creampuffs around their one game, then they end up with Cal this year and Va Tech next year. Schedule more than one.
Hold up. You're going UCONN on me? I hate to break it to you, brother, but at no point in time was UCONN considered to be anywhere near the quality opponent like ND, Cal or VT. Don't kid yourself.

Since we're going to dive this deep into this, let's do some actual comparison here.

UM non-conference schedules through 2020:

2014: App St.(uh-oh), @ND, Miami(OH), Utah - Where's that #2 quality game? I mean App St. should be a great game, but is it quality?

2015: @Utah, Oregon St., UNLV, BYU - Got 2 solid games in Oregon St. and BYU, though both at home.

2016: Hawaii, UCF, Colorado - :lmao:

2017: Florida(tentative), Cincinnati, Air Force - assuming UF happens, not bad.

2018: Arkansas, Ball St., SMU - 1 good game

2019: @Arkansas

2020: Va Tech - :o

tOSU non-conference schedules through 2020:

2014: Navy(in Baltimore), Kent St. Va Tech, Cincinnati - Sorry, VT may not be as good as App St, but VT and Cinci are 2 good games.

2015: Northern Illinois, @Va Tech - NIU is undefeated with some nice wins so far. 2 good games so far.

2016: Bowling Green, Tulsa, @Oklahoma - 1 good game, hopefully another one gets filled in.

2017: Oklahoma, @North Carolina - 2 great games

2018: Cincinnati, @TCU, North Carolina - 3 great games

2019: TCU

2020: @Oregon, Boston College

I doubt anyone is going to look at this and declare that Michigan's schedule is better than Ohio State's,

I'm with you. I don't think Maryland is any good, either. Clemson should handle them easily. Then again, they could simply pull a Clemson. Best case scenario for me, as a Mia fan, would be Clemson and Mia run the table for an undefeated matchup in the ACCCG. The odds of it are remote with Mia traveling to FSU but that would be a massive win for the ACC as a whole. It would give an ACC team a very strong claim to the BCS title game regardless of what everyone else does.

If Clemson wins tomorrow they are set up very well IMO. They critical game remaining would be South Carolina. They should be heavy favorites vs whoever they play in the ACCCG.

They also beat Georgia (before they lost all their players) and will have beaten Florida State.Again, I think they get re-jumped before the season is over IF Oregon stays undefeated, but to date I can see why Clemson is more deserving.
Agreed. To date Clemson will have the most impressive resume of anyone, if they beat FSU. To be honest, I think their is a great chance they have the best resume at season end. UGA, FSU, USC and ACCCG would all be on their resume. That's 4 high quality wins. I'm not sure anyone will be able to match that. Let's not forget that USC probably has the inside track to the SECCG now that UGA is crippled with injuries.

Hold up. You're going UCONN on me? I hate to break it to you, brother, but at no point in time was UCONN considered to be anywhere near the quality opponent like ND, Cal or VT. Don't kid yourself.

Since we're going to dive this deep into this, let's do some actual comparison here.

2014: App St.(uh-oh), @ND, Miami(OH), Utah - Where's that #2 quality game? I mean App St. should be a great game, but is it quality?

2015: @Utah, Oregon St., UNLV, BYU - Got 2 solid games in Oregon St. and BYU, though both at home.

2014: Navy(in Baltimore), Kent St. Va Tech, Cincinnati - Sorry, VT may not be as good as App St, but VT and Cinci are 2 good games.

2015: Northern Illinois, @Va Tech - NIU is undefeated with some nice wins so far. 2 good games so far.

2016: Bowling Green, Tulsa, @Oklahoma - 1 good game, hopefully another one gets filled in.

I doubt anyone is going to look at this and declare that Michigan's schedule is better than Ohio State's,
You're unfairly discounting Utah next year.

And apparently you missed UConn football from 2007-2010. Not Michigan's fault they hired a bum after Edsal left.

BigJohn said:
I'm sure you just accidentally overlooked Utah?!? The team that just beat the #5 team in the country...

Also had planned on Notre Dame until they went chicken ####. This is why Florida and Arkansas have been added to the schedule, from what I'm hearing they're trying to add another 2 home-1 away deal for 16-18-19.

MAC_32 said:
BigJohn said:
MAC_32 said:
BigJohn said:
MAC_32 said:
The everyone else does it reply? Really?Then schedule more than one, lessen your chances.

You're unfairly discounting Utah next year.And apparently you missed UConn football from 2007-2010. Not Michigan's fault they hired a bum after Edsal left.
Dammit. Had a nice long witty response and my iPhone just puked it up.

I'll just go with:

Nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in dog poo. Michigan sucks. :)

LSU added Wisconsin for 2014 and 2016 and rumors are that LSU will be playing Penn State in a neutral site around 2020.
LSU & Oklahoma are tentatively scheduled for '18 & '19.

LSU & Oklahoma are tentatively scheduled for '18 & '19.
Nice. I'm guessing Jerry World.

So what's actually going on at Grambling? After I saw that its game was cancelled because of a player walkout I looked for news reports. All they say is that the players walked out due to conditions in the program. But I can't find details. Anyone have the scoop?

So what's actually going on at Grambling? After I saw that its game was cancelled because of a player walkout I looked for news reports. All they say is that the players walked out due to conditions in the program. But I can't find details. Anyone have the sco
During halftime they said that the players were unhappy about having to take buses on long road trips. I hope that isn't all of it.

If it is, they should all have their scholarships pulled.

So what's actually going on at Grambling? After I saw that its game was cancelled because of a player walkout I looked for news reports. All they say is that the players walked out due to conditions in the program. But I can't find details. Anyone have the sco
During halftime they said that the players were unhappy about having to take buses on long road trips. I hope that isn't all of it.

If it is, they should all have their scholarships pulled.
The school should sue them to get the scholarships paid back if they are going to refuse to play. Bet the players would be more than happy when that letter shows up in the mail.

So what's actually going on at Grambling? After I saw that its game was cancelled because of a player walkout I looked for news reports. All they say is that the players walked out due to conditions in the program. But I can't find details. Anyone have the scoop?
somebody from si posted an article, someone on my twitter feed sent it out.

somebody from si posted an article, someone on my twitter feed sent it out.
SI Article
The school's plan to make up the difference relies on getting students to agree to a fee of $100 per semester that would go to athletics and also an aggressive campaign to get more donations from alumni. The same student fee initiative failed to pass last year, however, and the school admits that there isn't a "culture" of giving among its small alumni pool. "We don't even budget for donations," Sanders says. "Not a penny."

:ph34r:

Users who are viewing this thread