What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 30 man rosters

Team A traded: Andrew Luck

Team B traded: Watkins, Bortles, Jimmy Graham, 1.06

Not involved

Not involved
Hmm, this one's interesting. Having to start 2 TE makes me like Graham a good bit more. I think if I was as high on Watkins as many others, I'd take that side pretty easily. As it is, it's close for me, but I thiiink this is enough to pry Luck from me.

blardorg said:
Casting Couch said:
JohnnyU said:
PPR / Devy league, start 1 qb, 2-3 rb, 3-4 wr, 1-2 te, 1k, 1def

Jimmy Graham, Duke Johnson, and Michael Floyd for Rob Gronkowski.
Nice haul for Gronk. Selling high on Gronk brought a nice package there. Solid sell.
I'm not so pessimistic about Graham yet, though I've soured on Floyd. I probably would've preferred a high tier rookie or early 1st round pick instead of Floyd, so I think as it is I'd probably not go through with it. I'm not sure Gronk's value can realistically go any higher than it is now, though, so if you think Floyd can put it together and be a WR2, I understand taking it.
This. I like the Gronk side. Not necessarily because I think Gronk is massively more valuable than Graham. But because I think the cost to upgrade in this case was pretty small and there is definitely a bit of a gap there. Floyd has some DUIs and off field issues in his past and there seem to be questions over his work ethic, conditioning, etc. and he just generally seems to be out of favor in Arizona. Still plenty of time for him to turn his career around, but he looks headed towards being "just a guy" in fantasy terms. Duke's a 2nd round rookie pick which is small potato in the big picture.

Not involved
Hmm, this one's interesting. Having to start 2 TE makes me like Graham a good bit more. I think if I was as high on Watkins as many others, I'd take that side pretty easily. As it is, it's close for me, but I thiiink this is enough to pry Luck from me.
In a Start 2QB league, Luck easily. Would think about it in a 1QB league for 2 seconds and still choose Luck.

Not involved
In a Start 2QB league, Luck easily. Would think about it in a 1QB league for 2 seconds and still choose Luck.
:goodposting:

Not involved
Fair deal in 2 QB. Massive overpay for Luck in 1 QB. Those players could easily be flipped for 3 and probably 4 additional 1st rounders. Nobody is paying 5 first rounders for any player, let alone a QB.

Not involved
Would you really turn this down in a 1QB for Luck? Or are you just saying that? Because if I had Luck and received this offer in 1QB I would accept it in a heartbeat because I could go out and get a Rivers or Romo for a 2nd and have a much better team thanks to 1QB devaluing QBs.

Not me, but this just took place immediately following our startup. 12 team, TE Premium, four flexes.

Team A sends the 1.02 (Gurley)

Team B sends the 1.03, 2.03, 3.03, 4.03

Not involved
Would you really turn this down in a 1QB for Luck? Or are you just saying that? Because if I had Luck and received this offer in 1QB I would accept it in a heartbeat because I could go out and get a Rivers or Romo for a 2nd and have a much better team thanks to 1QB devaluing QBs.
Yeah, in a 1 QB setup that's waaaaay too much for Luck.

Not involved
Yeah, in a 1 QB setup that's waaaaay too much for Luck.
I think it's good value, depending on your view of Bortles. If you like his future then you get Luck's replacement in the lineup (although not points obviously), and some very solid building pieces to work with. Nothing wrong with it to me.

Not involved
Fair deal in 2 QB. Massive overpay for Luck in 1 QB. Those players could easily be flipped for 3 and probably 4 additional 1st rounders. Nobody is paying 5 first rounders for any player, let alone a QB.
Feel like everyone's missing that it's a 2TE league as well, which pumps up Graham's value quite a bit. I will say that I wouldn't trade away Luck like this if I didn't have two other capable QBs; if I was planning on starting Bortles as my QB2, I would still probably have to decline the trade. I'd be happy with him as my QB3, though.

Not me, but this just took place immediately following our startup. 12 team, TE Premium, four flexes.

Pretty fair assuming those are rookie only picks and league is PPR. Some would prefer both White and Cooper to Gurley in a PPR setting. 2.03 could net a Dorsett/Funchess/Duke/Maxx(due to TE premium) which is a decent sweetener for the drop.

Pretty fair assuming those are rookie only picks and league is PPR. Some would prefer both White and Cooper to Gurley in a PPR setting. 2.03 could net a Dorsett/Funchess/Duke/Maxx(due to TE premium) which is a decent sweetener for the drop.
Won't Gurley likely catch a lot of passes?I wouldn't trade Gurley for that......it would take a lot more

He ended up with Kevin White, Devin Funchess, Jay Ajayi, David Cobb, Devin Smith, Kenny Bell and Tre Mcbride. Pretty good haul imo.

12 team FFPC PPR

Peterson

for

Patterson

Blue

3rd round pick

6th round pick

Both baffling and disturbing based on current perceived value.

Gave:

Abdullah, West

Got

Parker, 2016 2nd.

:shrug: He countered my offer of Abdullah and a 2nd for Parker. Must really like West I guess.

The rookie only portion of our startup last night, 12 team, ppr, 1.5 for Te

Start 1/1/2/1/ 4 flex , 21 bench

No k or def

I give 1.02 rookie pick (gurley)

I get 1.03, 2.03, 3.03, 4.03 (white, ajayi, devin smith, mcbride)

Pick one is gordon, he wanted gurley

Did a bunch of trades this week in a league:

League A:

Ellington for Landry/3.04(traded)

Torrey/2016 2nd for 1.09(Yeldon)

3.04 for Knile/4.01(traded) <--- I own Charles

4.01(McBride)/4.05(Waller) for 4.08(traded)/DMC

4.08 for 2016 3rd

Basically gave Ellington/4.05 for Landry, DMC, Knile, 2016 3rd

Gave 1.2

Got Megatron
A couple years from now...

"Why did I trade Cooper for a busted up Megatron"
I hope not. 16 team league and I've been riding brady for years. Hope I can eek out a couple more good ones and then blow it up. Mega ADP still pretty high.
If your team is good enough to be competing for the championship the next 2 years or so, I don't think it's the worst trade. Definitely giving up long term value for better scoring in the next ~2 years, though.

Gave 1.2

Got Megatron

I hope not. 16 team league and I've been riding brady for years. Hope I can eek out a couple more good ones and then blow it up. Mega ADP still pretty high.
If your team is good enough to be competing for the championship the next 2 years or so, I don't think it's the worst trade. Definitely giving up long term value for better scoring in the next ~2 years, though.
Team after the trade:

Brady, Tom
Smith, Geno
Crowell, Isaiah
Grice, Marion
Jennings, Rashad
Rainey, Bobby
Thomas, Pierre
Allen, Keenan
Blackmon, Justin
Cotchery, Jerricho
Hartline, Brian
Harvin, Percy
Jackson, Vincent
Johnson, Calvin
Wright, Jarius
Chandler, Scott
Gillmore, Crockett
Kelce, Travis
Lewis, Marcedes
Bailey, Dan
Bills, Buffalo BUF Def

Start qrwwtffkd, ppr.

Gave 1.2

Got Megatron

Team after the trade:

Brady, Tom
Smith, Geno
Crowell, Isaiah
Grice, Marion
Jennings, Rashad
Rainey, Bobby
Thomas, Pierre
Allen, Keenan
Blackmon, Justin
Cotchery, Jerricho
Hartline, Brian
Harvin, Percy
Jackson, Vincent
Johnson, Calvin
Wright, Jarius
Chandler, Scott
Gillmore, Crockett
Kelce, Travis
Lewis, Marcedes
Bailey, Dan
Bills, Buffalo BUF Def

Start qrwwtffkd, ppr.
Horrible trade

10 Team Superflex

Gave: 2.02/2.03/3.03

Got: 1.07/4.07

Wanted another pick in the top tier. Leaves me with 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.08 and 2.01.

10 Team Superflex

Wanted another pick in the top tier. Leaves me with 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.08 and 2.01.
Nice job for you, but horrible by the other owner. It sucks when one person dominates a draft.

10 Team Superflex

Nice job for you, but horrible by the other owner. It sucks when one person dominates a draft.
Wow, I thought it was a little bit of an overpay, but I had so many picks because of trading the last few years I could afford to do it. I was expecting most people to prefer the other side of it.

CR69 said:
msudaisy26 said:
CR69 said:
10 Team Superflex

Wow, I thought it was a little bit of an overpay, but I had so many picks because of trading the last few years I could afford to do it. I was expecting most people to prefer the other side of it.
It's by no means horrible for the other guy. You get your choice of an Agholor, DGB, Abdullah, Perriman, etc, plus a junk player and he gets a couple of Ajayi, Duke, Dorsett, Funchess, Strong, Maxx, Winston, Mariota, plus a guy in the early 3rd like Devin Smith, Coates, Allen, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
CR69 said:
msudaisy26 said:
CR69 said:
10 Team Superflex

It's by no means horrible for the other guy. You get your choice of an Agholor, DGB, Abdullah, Perriman, etc, plus a junk player and he gets a couple of Ajayi, Duke, Dorsett, Funchess, Strong, Maxx, Winston, Mariota, plus a guy in the early 3rd like Devin Smith, Coates, Allen, etc.
Superflex so Winston and Mariota should be long gone, but I agree with this assessment. Depends on team specifics, but don't see it as completely 1-sided.

ETA: just realized that this is a 10-teamer, so actually would agree that it is a slight overpay since 2.02 would be the end of my top 10 position players or 1 of the QBs. If 1 of the QBs or other top 4 drop to 1.07 though, this looks really cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superflex so Winston and Mariota should be long gone, but I agree with this assessment. Depends on team specifics, but don't see it as completely 1-sided.

ETA: just realized that this is a 10-teamer, so actually would agree that it is a slight overpay since 2.02 would be the end of my top 10 position players or 1 of the QBs. If 1 of the QBs or other top 4 drop to 1.07 though, this looks really cheap.
I'll get one of White/Parker/Marcus/Winston with the 1.07, but he'll get two of DGB/Perriman/Yeldon/Abdullah/Agholor/Coleman/Funchess so it will be interesting to look back a year or two from now.

Users who are viewing this thread