What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

Watkins no matter my roster.
You think Wakins is better than Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley? I don't think so in a must start 2 RB league and a start 2 WR with 1 flex RB/TE/WR. Especially if you're thin at RB. I'm not convinced I like Watkins in Buffalo either. He can be good, but not great until they get a QB. I think both Gordon and Gurley will outscore him.
I prefer the 1.01 by quite a bit.

Patterson is virtually meaningless here. He shouldn't be taken in the top 100 of a startup. He's just not gonna be a good WR. Watkins is a very good WR, but as was stated earlier, they have no QB. They likely aren't going to get one this year either. It's going to be quite a while before Watkins can be a difference maker for your team. Gurley is already a top 5 dynasty RB. That's assuming a middling landing spot. If he goes to a great situation, I'd put him right behind LeVeon Bell.
Disagree Watkins is worth much more than a college back with a broke knee. Maybe in the future it will even out but Watkins is a stud period.

Huge overpay for the 1.1.
Look, I like Watkins too. Problem is there is at least 10 other WRs that I'd rather have today than him. (Dez, Julio, Green, DT, OBJ, Calvin, Antonio, Evans, Jeffery, Jordy) Now throw in the fact that he doesn't have a QB to speak of. Pile on with a QB killer HC in Rex Ryan. Watkins has to jump through a lot of hurdles if he's going to produce at a top 10 level. OTOH Gurley is already top 5 at his position, and could be #2 depending upon landing spot.

The WR position is deep, and getting deeper. The RB position is rail thin, and Gurley is a dynamic talent.
Gordon may be better than Gurley.

In a Zealots Field (non-PPR) league, I just made the following trade:

I traded 1.02/2.01/5.05 for the 1.01.

This gives me the 1.01/1.03/1.05/1.11 picks and other assorted lesser picks for this year.

I made this trade because of a combination of I really feel Gurley is the better RB AND I feel he's going to be drafted by a team for which he'll be in a great situation, ie Dallas (assuming they let DeMarco Murray leave) or Indy.

The other team is very much in a rebuilding situation.
Don't like the deal. You made three assumptions here, at least one of which will turn out to be wrong.

1) Assumed the person at the 1.01 would take Gurley over Gordon. If this guy told you that's what he was going to do, you probably got suckered too.

2) Assumed Gurley would be better than Gordon.

3) Assumed Gurley would go to a better spot than Gordon.

The 5.05 is a throw away... but that 2.01 could turn out to be a great player in this draft.
On the assumptions. I don't see where he made assumption #1. He just seems to like Gurley more and did not want to take a chance. Assumption #3 he did not really make either. He said he felt Gurley would go to a good spot which is an assumption he might get wrong but that's not the same as saying he felt it would better than Gordon's. Assumption #2 is something we all are forced to make when making rookie picks except I'd not label it an assumption.

If someone absolutely likes Gurley or Gordon more than the other I see nothing wrong with this deal. That 2.1 is a high price to pay but the 1.1 or 1.2 is a big investment and if you feel like that 2.1 insures you a better shot of hitting on that investment I don't see an issue. For me personally I would not pay that for any one of them because for me landing spot will matter.

If someone, like me, goes into this knowing that landing spot will dictate which one they would take at 1.1 I don't think it's a bad deal. That 2.1 is not cheap but it's hedging your bet if landing spot matters and doubling your chances. It's a gamble. If you have them equal and landing spot matters to you and they end up in equal spots then you lost. But if say one ends up on Dallas and the other ends up in someplace way less desirable I'm not sure 2.1 and 5.1 would get it done in some a lot of leagues.

It's odd because I'm sitting on 1.1 in one league and right now I'd pass on that offer to move back one spot because I want to give myself the best possible chance to get this major investment correct or have one of these players end up such a great landing spot the trade value spikes. On the other hand if I was sitting on pick 1.2 I'm not sure I'd pay that to move up. All in all leads me to conclude it's a fair and reasonable deal.

FFPC PPR 12 Teams

Team A

E. Sanders

2016 5th

Team B

Oliver

Ellington

2016 4th

Team B Thin at RB and Rich at WR. Team A the opposite.

FFPC PPR 12 Teams

Team A

E. Sanders

2016 5th

Team B

Oliver

Ellington

2016 4th

Team B Thin at RB and Rich at WR. Team A the opposite.
I actually think this is a decent deal. Sanders may be worth a bit more but good luck max'ing his value out.

I like it as a sell high buy low deal

This gives me the 1.01/1.03/1.05/1.11 picks and other assorted lesser picks for this year.

I made this trade because of a combination of I really feel Gurley is the better RB AND I feel he's going to be drafted by a team for which he'll be in a great situation, ie Dallas (assuming they let DeMarco Murray leave) or Indy.

Don't like the deal. You made three assumptions here, at least one of which will turn out to be wrong.

1) Assumed the person at the 1.01 would take Gurley over Gordon. If this guy told you that's what he was going to do, you probably got suckered too.

The 5.05 is a throw away... but that 2.01 could turn out to be a great player in this draft.
On the assumptions. I don't see where he made assumption #1. He just seems to like Gurley more and did not want to take a chance. Assumption #3 he did not really make either. He said he felt Gurley would go to a good spot which is an assumption he might get wrong but that's not the same as saying he felt it would better than Gordon's. Assumption #2 is something we all are forced to make when making rookie picks except I'd not label it an assumption.

If someone absolutely likes Gurley or Gordon more than the other I see nothing wrong with this deal. That 2.1 is a high price to pay but the 1.1 or 1.2 is a big investment and if you feel like that 2.1 insures you a better shot of hitting on that investment I don't see an issue. For me personally I would not pay that for any one of them because for me landing spot will matter.

If someone, like me, goes into this knowing that landing spot will dictate which one they would take at 1.1 I don't think it's a bad deal. That 2.1 is not cheap but it's hedging your bet if landing spot matters and doubling your chances. It's a gamble. If you have them equal and landing spot matters to you and they end up in equal spots then you lost. But if say one ends up on Dallas and the other ends up in someplace way less desirable I'm not sure 2.1 and 5.1 would get it done in some a lot of leagues.

It's odd because I'm sitting on 1.1 in one league and right now I'd pass on that offer to move back one spot because I want to give myself the best possible chance to get this major investment correct or have one of these players end up such a great landing spot the trade value spikes. On the other hand if I was sitting on pick 1.2 I'm not sure I'd pay that to move up. All in all leads me to conclude it's a fair and reasonable deal.
Do you understand the meaning of the word assumption? I mean, you've used it several times above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Yes, #1 is an assumption. You may not understand, but when you say "he did not want to take a chance" you're admitting as much. Just because you think Gurley is the next AP, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and LaDanian Tomlinson all rolled into one, doesn't mean other people think the same. They may need a WR. They may be completely turned off by an ACL tear. They may be stupid. They may think Mariota or Winston are the next Andrew Luck. You may be 100% wrong. Go look at the recent poll for the 1.01 - was it unanimous for Gurley at the 1.01? There is a chance that the guy at 1.01 takes Gordon, and he gets his guy at the 1.02 without having to give up the 2.01.

This next one is great, "Assumption #2 is something we all are forced to make when making rookie picks except I'd not label it an assumption." Say that sentence out loud to yourself a few times, I'm not even going to bother.

Assumption #3, his words, " I feel he's going to be drafted by a team for which he'll be in a great situation" Now he didn't say that Gurley would go to a better sitaution that Gordon, he made an assumption that Gurley would go to a great situation. What if he gets drafted by the 49ers, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, etc? That's the biggest assumption he's made - before the draft, he went ahead and assumed that Gurley would not be drafted by about 2/3 of the league where he would be in a horrible situation.

Now my point was he just made three assumptions and if any one of them turn out to be wrong he just made a bad deal for himself. Maybe he just went 3 for 3 or maybe he's as high on Gurley as anyone else and simply had to have him, as you say. That's fine. But don't respond to my post with a bunch of nonsense about how none of these were assumptions because every single one of them was. Don't come back at me with "that's my opinion" either... because your opinion is flat ### wrong if that's the case.

Do you understand the meaning of the word assumption? I mean, you've used it several times above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Yes, #1 is an assumption. You may not understand, but when you say "he did not want to take a chance" you're admitting as much. Just because you think Gurley is the next AP, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and LaDanian Tomlinson all rolled into one, doesn't mean other people think the same. They may need a WR. They may be completely turned off by an ACL tear. They may be stupid. They may think Mariota or Winston are the next Andrew Luck. You may be 100% wrong. Go look at the recent poll for the 1.01 - was it unanimous for Gurley at the 1.01? There is a chance that the guy at 1.01 takes Gordon, and he gets his guy at the 1.02 without having to give up the 2.01.

This next one is great, "Assumption #2 is something we all are forced to make when making rookie picks except I'd not label it an assumption." Say that sentence out loud to yourself a few times, I'm not even going to bother.

Assumption #3, his words, " I feel he's going to be drafted by a team for which he'll be in a great situation" Now he didn't say that Gurley would go to a better sitaution that Gordon, he made an assumption that Gurley would go to a great situation. What if he gets drafted by the 49ers, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, etc? That's the biggest assumption he's made - before the draft, he went ahead and assumed that Gurley would not be drafted by about 2/3 of the league where he would be in a horrible situation.

Now my point was he just made three assumptions and if any one of them turn out to be wrong he just made a bad deal for himself. Maybe he just went 3 for 3 or maybe he's as high on Gurley as anyone else and simply had to have him, as you say. That's fine. But don't respond to my post with a bunch of nonsense about how none of these were assumptions because every single one of them was. Don't come back at me with "that's my opinion" either... because your opinion is flat ### wrong if that's the case.
Yes I know what assumption means I just thought your post was arrogant, condescending and factually wrong.

12-team PPR, no TE bonus

Team 1 gets:
Keenan Allen
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Cameron

Team 2 gets:

Team 1 went into the trade with a good young RB core but virtually no WR's (other than Emmanuel Sanders). Team 2 adds these new picks to 1.02 & 2.01 for a nice rookie haul this year. Team 2 was also loaded at WR & TE (Jeffery, Evans, Benjamin, Moncrief, many young TE's)

12-team PPR, no TE bonus

Team 1 gets:

Keenan Allen

Jarvis Landry

Jordan Cameron

Team 2 gets:

Team 1 went into the trade with a good young RB core but virtually no WR's (other than Emmanuel Sanders). Team 2 adds these new picks to 1.02 & 2.01 for a nice rookie haul this year. Team 2 was also loaded at WR & TE (Jeffery, Evans, Benjamin, Moncrief, many young TE's)
Team 1 for me but I like Allen and Cameron more than most probably

I understand though trading depth/bench players for picks

Yes I know what assumption means I just thought your post was arrogant, condescending and factually wrong.
You might be right on the first two, but you're dead ####### wrong on the last one, chump. And here's a hint, the last one was weighted as 90% of the grade, so you failed.

strattkatt said:
12-team PPR, no TE bonus

Team 1 gets:

Keenan Allen

Jarvis Landry

Jordan Cameron

Team 2 gets:

I think I like the Allen/Landry side, but I think it's a relatively even deal. I'm not a fan of Cameron, but I think Allen + Landry will give team 1 their much needed WRs better than 1.03 + 1.09 would, and the step from 2.03 to 2.06 isn't a big deal (either one should get a decent prospect RB or WR). For team 2, the 1.03 should get them a stud rookie at RB or WR, which they need more than two ~WR2 ceiling guys in Allen and Landry, and the 1.09 and 2.03 have decent shots at hitting another productive player. Good trade for both.

strattkatt said:
12-team PPR, no TE bonus

Team 1 gets:

Keenan Allen

Jarvis Landry

Jordan Cameron

Team 2 gets:

Picks for me

Still don't get the Keenan allen love
148 catches, 1,800 yards, 12 TD's in his first two seasons. He'll be 23 when next season starts. He regressed from his rookie season in terms of yardage/TD's, but it's not like a Mike Williams alarm bell.

Why don't you like him?

That was a steal for Hopkins initially, then I think an overpay for Graham, especially since you already have Gronk. I haven't done a 1.5 PPR TE league though, so it might be worth it to lock up those two TEs. But I really like Hopkins, and if you're already thin at RB, I don't think I'd trade a good PPR back like Gio along with Hopkins, even for Graham.
My backs are: Spiller, West, P. Thomas, and Pierce

WRs are: Sanders, Torrey Smith, Desean Jackson, Decker, Michael Floyd, Randle, V. Cruz, Wheaton, and Hurns

RBs seem to be undervalued based on trade offers in this league. Hoping through draft and FA, I can cobb together something less than embarrassing at RB. :)
Not a slam dunk, but Graham > Gio + Hopkins in the FFPC.

Having Gronk or not having Gronk as it relates to Graham is irrelevant imo.

Wrestled with this one for a couple days before accepting. Curious to hear what people think.

14 team dev league with 0.5/1/1.5 PPR for WR/RB/TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, and 2 FLEX.

GIVE:

QB Andrew Luck

GET:

1.01 rookie pick

1.10 rookie pick

2016 1st round rookie pick (should be top 4-5, could be #1)

2016 1st round rookie pick (likely 6-10)

Notable rookies already rostered: Cooper, Parker, Gurley, Gordon, DGB, Yeldon, Ajayi

As of today, the top players available will probably be White, Abdullah, and Maxx Williams.

Felt like this was close to a coin flip, but the fact that it's only 4 pts per passing TD ultimately swayed me. My partner in this trade is building a pretty good team, but the roster is still young and he has been bottom 2-3 for a few years IIRC. Pretty good chance that next year's pick from him will be top 3.

Wrestled with this one for a couple days before accepting. Curious to hear what people think.

14 team dev league with 0.5/1/1.5 PPR for WR/RB/TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, and 2 FLEX.

GIVE:

QB Andrew Luck

GET:

1.01 rookie pick

1.10 rookie pick

Notable rookies already rostered: Cooper, Parker, Gurley, Gordon, DGB, Yeldon, Ajayi

As of today, the top players available will probably be White, Abdullah, and Maxx Williams.

Felt like this was close to a coin flip, but the fact that it's only 4 pts per passing TD ultimately swayed me. My partner in this trade is building a pretty good team, but the roster is still young and he has been bottom 2-3 for a few years IIRC. Pretty good chance that next year's pick from him will be top 3.
Luck for me.

Reasons:

- Larger league slightly inflates the value of a QB.

- Lots of rookie talent already off the board.

- Luck is elite and looks like he'll be elite for a long time.

- Significant risk on where those 2016 picks end up.

Superflex ppr:

Gave: Golden Tate + 2016 1st rounder

Got: kelvin Benjamin + davante Adams

He's a lions fan and I'm a packers fan.

This one hurts my heart to look at:

A gave up Morris, Alfred WAS RB;Decker, Eric NYJ WR;Green, A.J. CIN WR;Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR;Kelce, Travis KCC TE; Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.04

B gave up Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR;Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.05

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

So to make sure he was able to lose on all three of the deal's biggest pieces, A also gave away Alfred Morris, Eric Decker and Travis Kelce for pick #18.

Last edited by a moderator:

A gave up Morris, Alfred WAS RB;Decker, Eric NYJ WR;Green, A.J. CIN WR;Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR;Kelce, Travis KCC TE; Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.04

B gave up Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR;Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2015 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2015 Draft Pick 2.05

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

So to make sure he was able to lose on all three of the deal's biggest pieces, A also gave away Alfred Morris, Eric Decker and Travis Kelce for pick #18.
Yes that hurts

Not sure I have Thomas over Graham.
You'd be the only one then. Thomas is ranked above Graham in every single mock, ranking or actual draft I can find.

This is one of those trades that made me go straight to the league to find out if it was in my 12-team group or on the other side (it's a 24 team league). Feel bad for the other 10 guys in that league.

GIVE:

QB Andrew Luck

GET:

1.01 rookie pick

1.10 rookie pick

Nice haul for Luck.

I get the picks are devalued some but I guess you need them to devalue the future ones

Superflex ppr:

Gave: Golden Tate + 2016 1st rounder

Got: kelvin Benjamin + davante Adams

He's a lions fan and I'm a packers fan.
Easily KB/Adams

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

Ouch

Not sure I have Thomas over Graham.
You'd be the only one then. Thomas is ranked above Graham in every single mock, ranking or actual draft I can find.

This is one of those trades that made me go straight to the league to find out if it was in my 12-team group or on the other side (it's a 24 team league). Feel bad for the other 10 guys in that league.
Maybe. Depends on format but I can find wideouts, can never seem to find a TE like Graham though other than Gronk. Age is a concern but that doesn't bother me too much.

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

id much rather have graham than demaryius

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

That's really bad.

wdcrob said:

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

This was not a trade. These two team owners are participating in a dispersal draft and this "trade" simply gives them the players that they've drafted so far.

wdcrob said:

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

This was not a trade. These two team owners are participating in a dispersal draft and this "trade" simply gives them the players that they've drafted so far.
Say what?

wdcrob said:

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

Say what?
In our leagues when two or more new owners come aboard all the players and picks from the teams they are taking over go into a pool and a dispersal draft is held.

wdcrob said:

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

Makes more sense now. I could see Team B having the first pick and taking AJ Green, Team A then taking Graham and Jeffery, Team B then taking Demaryius and the 1.4 and so on.

Why though would Rob post this as a trade?

wdcrob said:

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

Those are massive assets to have in a dispersal, in particular since if they are being traded to correct, that means some guys probably stayed put? Must have been some good teams that owners left open.

wdcrob said:

Thomas > Graham

AJG > Alshon

1.04 > 1.05

Agreed. Could be one of the worst I have seen in a while.

GIVE:

QB Andrew Luck

GET:

1.01 rookie pick

1.10 rookie pick

Luck for me.

Reasons:

- Larger league slightly inflates the value of a QB.

- Lots of rookie talent already off the board.

- Luck is elite and looks like he'll be elite for a long time.

- Significant risk on where those 2016 picks end up.
+1. Even if this wasn't a devy league I'm not sure I would have done it.

GIVE:

QB Andrew Luck

GET:

1.01 rookie pick

1.10 rookie pick

I'll still rather have Luck

Users who are viewing this thread