What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (2 Viewers)

Gottabesweet said:
12 team PPR league - Start 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX

Sent: CJ Spliller, Matt Prater

Recieved: 2016 1st and Dan Bailey

(1st could be a lottery pick top 6) toliet bowl winner gets 1.1 (I project it as anywhere from 4th to 7th overal)

I already planned on replacing Spiller with Gordon or Gurley (1.2) and have Lacy, Murray, McCoy, CJ Anderson on the roster currently at RB.

I own 1.2, 1.3, 1.9, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.6 this year
Nice. A mid 1st for Spiller is great value.
True - If they don't make the playoff's - it's a top 6 pick - with the potential of winning the toliet bowl for 1.1

Their roster - Matt Ryan, Spiller, Sankey, Antonio Brown, Golden Tate off hand, can't think of his WR3, TE or Flex.

Devy Tiered PPR Superflex (.5/1/1.5) Lineup 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE 1 Superflex 4 RB/WR/TE Flex

Team A gave

Melvin Gordon

Randall Cobb

Team B gave

Antonio Brown

2016 rookie 1st (1.10 to 2.06 - depending on devy hits this year and how team does next year)

2016 devy 1st (1.06 to 1.10 range at best guess)
this is a pretty fair and basic deal for the better player. i like both side.

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
Take the 1st then boot the dummy who traded it from the league for good.
well that escalated quickly. depends on makeup of team but give me future first unless he was desperate for a wr.
No matter how desperate you are for a WR. thats a brutal trade that you never make. Horrible.

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
well that escalated quickly. depends on makeup of team but give me future first unless he was desperate for a wr.
No matter how desperate you are for a WR. thats a brutal trade that you never make. Horrible.
vjax had 2 tds last year, ill call that a rare occasion. but i am not blind to the rookie pick love around here i understand the hate of this deal. vets like him are valuable to some people you know what your gonna get.

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
vjax had 2 tds last year, ill call that a rare occasion. but i am not blind to the rookie pick love around here i understand the hate of this deal. vets like him are valuable to some people you know what your gonna get.
Fully agree with you that rookie picks tend to be overvalued, particularly at this time of year, but this is still a bad deal IMO. Jackson is 32, his stats have declined two years running, and his target share vs Evans is going to go down. He's a short window asset, but looks pretty hugely unlikely to provide anything resembling difference-making production for that window. If you need WR3 production for a few years, you can get it cheaper than a 1st -- this is paying for Jackson's name and past production.

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
as a guy who traded my 2016 1st for DeSean Jackson, I think you're going "just a tad" overboard here. Granted, I think DeSean is worth a lot more than VJax, but others might disagree with that. Now, I'd sure try to see what else he could get better than VJ, but VJ might just be a player who improves an otherwise strong team enough to win the championship.

FWIW, FBG's dynasty ranking has him near Mike Wallace and frankly, I wouldn't give Wallace for a 2016 1st if the pick is expected to be late.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
Fully agree with you that rookie picks tend to be overvalued, particularly at this time of year, but this is still a bad deal IMO. Jackson is 32, his stats have declined two years running, and his target share vs Evans is going to go down. He's a short window asset, but looks pretty hugely unlikely to provide anything resembling difference-making production for that window. If you need WR3 production for a few years, you can get it cheaper than a 1st -- this is paying for Jackson's name and past production.
i think that is a big assumption. they drafted Evans to be their eventual #1 but to assume he will just get more targets this year "just because" is a big reach. vjax is still a good wr, his stats declined because his qbs sucked and mccown locked on to evans in the redzone. even if vjax gets 120 targets down from his 143 that still very good.

For perspective Winston and Marriota both went before 1.13. The top qb prospects go mid first every year. Before I made my trade someone traded 1.14 for Phillip Rivers, a move I would have made but I didnt have a first this year. But Im actually glad I got Bridge instead I think he's going to keep developing and in a year or two have similar value to Rivers, but Rivers will be eating Pringles on a couch watching the 500 club in a couple of years

Gave 3.05, 2016 1st, 2016, 5th

Got Teddy Bridgewater

Context im a contender 16 team idp league only qb's on my team Cutler, Manuel
Ouch. I just can't see a 1st round rookie pick for Bridgewater - even the if it was just the 1.16.
What QB's do you think you can get for the 1.16 in a 16 teamer?

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
as a guy who traded my 2016 1st for DeSean Jackson, I think you're going "just a tad" overboard here. Granted, I think DeSean is worth a lot more than VJax, but others might disagree with that. Now, I'd sure try to see what else he could get better than VJ, but VJ might just be a player who improves an otherwise strong team enough to win the championship.

FWIW, FBG's dynasty ranking has him near Mike Wallace and frankly, I wouldn't give Wallace for a 2016 1st if the pick is expected to be late.
DJax is worth a lot more than VJax. Late 2016 1st for Desean is reasonable for both sides, he was a WR2 last year, yeah? But if you're counting on VJax as an every week starter, I don't think you'll be winning the championship anyway... and if he isn't going to be an every week starter, why burn a 2016 1st on him? At the very least, the VJax owner would have almost certainly accepted less for him. 2016 2nd or late 2015 2nd / early 2015 3rd probably would've gotten him.

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
i think that is a big assumption. they drafted Evans to be their eventual #1 but to assume he will just get more targets this year "just because" is a big reach. vjax is still a good wr, his stats declined because his qbs sucked and mccown locked on to evans in the redzone. even if vjax gets 120 targets down from his 143 that still very good.
Agree to disagree. IMO it's blindingly obvious that Evans is an ascendant elite talent and Jackson is in decline (not dropping precipitously, but definitely on the downslope).

Also, 120 targets from a rookie QB is going to net you meh WR3 production even if the TDs normalize. I just don't see any realistic path for Jackson (outside of very low percentage stuff like Evans missing a huge chunk of time, or Winston being Luck 2.0 immediately) to provide production likely to put someone over the top. If you have a realistic championship contender, he's depth. If you don't, you have no business trading future 1sts for an aging player.

FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
Agree to disagree. IMO it's blindingly obvious that Evans is an ascendant elite talent and Jackson is in decline (not dropping precipitously, but definitely on the downslope).

Also, 120 targets from a rookie QB is going to net you meh WR3 production even if the TDs normalize. I just don't see any realistic path for Jackson (outside of very low percentage stuff like Evans missing a huge chunk of time, or Winston being Luck 2.0 immediately) to provide production likely to put someone over the top. If you have a realistic championship contender, he's depth. If you don't, you have no business trading future 1sts for an aging player.
guess so

Saw this one and thought it was interesting...

(14 team PPR, 1/2/3/1 w/ 3 flex)

Jordan Matthews

2016 1st (mid?)

for

Darren McFadden

16 team full idp tiered PPR (.25/.5/1) 1/1/2/1 2Flex (offense)

I earned the 1.01 on potential points but went 4-9. During our rookie draft (ongoing)

Gave: Denard Robinson/Storm Johnson/2016 2nd

Got: RGIII/Cousins

*Full disclosure: I was starting Geno last year and was going to have to this year. I also have another teams 1st next year (mid maybe?)

maxhyde said:
16 team full idp tiered PPR (.25/.5/1) 1/1/2/1 2Flex (offense)

I earned the 1.01 on potential points but went 4-9. During our rookie draft (ongoing)

Gave: Denard Robinson/Storm Johnson/2016 2nd

Got: RGIII/Cousins

*Full disclosure: I was starting Geno last year and was going to have to this year. I also have another teams 1st next year (mid maybe?)
2nd is worth the risk/reward for Griffin.

How many current top end players right now were first round picks?? How many first round picks have their been in the past, say, 6 years? 72.

Is there anywhere close to 72 top end players? Not to mention some of the top end players were not 1st round picks in any leagues.

Why try and draft a stud when I can trade that pick for a guy I know is a stud (and very young BTW)?

So............You want stud players on your team? Trade draft picks for them to people who are looking for the next big thing.
You aptly observe that there have been 72 1st rounders since 2009 (6 times 12). You are also correct that there are nowhere close to 72 top level players today (lets say 36). However, these two facts have little to no bearing on the argument you are trying to make.

Taking this to the conclusion that I think you were trying to reach, if only 12 of those Top Level 36 were 1st rounders (for arguments sake), you are thinking that "only" one-sixth of ALL 1st rounders dating back to 2009 end up being top level players in 2015 is bad. Is it though?

First off, I am not sure that 12 1st rounders from 2009 have much if anything to do with your argument. Did anyone expect in 2009 that there was any likelihood that Brian Robiskie would be a Top 36 player in 2015? Was anyone trading a stud for Brian Robiskie in 2009?

But, for the sake of argument, lets say those 12 1st rounders back in 2009, even Brian Robiskie, do relate to your argument. You might say then that out of 12 1st rounders in 2009, only one is in the Top 36 today – LeSean McCoy. Only one. Terrible, right?

Lets look at a vet sample as well. I’ll use the Top 12 WRs as the “stud” vet sample, because I have built my dynasty teams on top WRs, and they carry great value universally year after year.

Now I think we can all agree that the Top 12 Dynasty WR in any given year are far more valuable (in trade especially) than the Top 12 Rookie Picks of that same year. Even in such a year as this, with a number of people proclaiming Todd Gurley as potentially a generational talent, the Top Dynasty WR is still worth more than Gurley. I think we can all agree on the following:

Dez Bryant > 1.1

Julio Jones >> 1.2

Antonio Brown >> 1.3

Dez Bryant >> 1.3

AJ Green >> 1.4

Demaryius Thomas >> 1.5

Odell Beckham Jr >>>1.6

Calvin Johnson >>>1.7

Mike Evans >>> 1.8

Alshon Jeffery >> 1.9

Deandre Hopkins >> 1.10

Randall Cobb >> 1.11

Sammy Watkins >> 1.12

The Top 12 WR crush the Top 12 Rookies 1 for 1 anyway you look at it. Sammy Watkins against the 1.12 is just not fair. In fact, the Top 12 WRs, in my estimation, would garner more than 2.5 times the trade value of Rookie Picks 1-12. But, for arguments sake, lets go ahead and use this group as the comparison group against the rookies.

So in 2009, out of the Top 12 Dynasty WRs, how many are in the Top 36 today? One – Calvin Johnson. Top Rookies, One – Lesean McCoy. Top WR 1, Top Rookies 1.

In 2010, again only 1 Top 12 WR is in the Top 36 overall players today – Calvin Johnson. Top 2010 Rookies, 2 – Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas

2011 Top WRs – 2 players – Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson

2011 Rookies: 3 players – AJ Green, Julio Jones and Randall Cobb

2012 Top WRs – 4

2012 Rookies - 2

2013 Top WRs – 6

2013 Rookies – 3

2014 Top WRs - 9

2014 Top Rookies - 6

Final Score:

Top 12 WRs = 23 (32%) – 6 of which by the way is all time great Calvin Johnson by himself

Top 12 Rookies = 17 (24%)

So even against a stud group with upwards of 2.5 times the value in trade, the rookies hold their own. The rookies lose (duh, especially when you can count Calvin 6 times and Dez Bryant another 4!), but you could have acquired all the rookie picks in any given year at far less cost than acquiring all Top 12 WRs, so winning wasn’t really realistic.

Does any of this mean that Rookies are greater than Vets in the grand debate? Not necessarily. But the data you use in your argument doesn’t exactly paint the slam dunk picture that you think it does.

Jrodicus said:
FTR, I would not trade Bell or DT for the 1.01 straight up, and I think that anyone who genuinely prefers Gurley over either long-term is not necessarily wrong but should expect to get more back in the deal.
This

Over the long term you HAVE to get the appropriate value when dealing the top guys for rookie picks, or else that's a quick way to suck city

VarsityBlues123 said:
jeaton6 said:
One More Rep said:
lardonastick said:
pizzatyme said:
FFPC 12-team PPR

Gave Vincent Jackson

Received 2016 mid 1st
I'd take the 1st.
Same here
With deals like this he will be desperate for a lot of things a lot of the time

Does any of this mean that Rookies are greater than Vets in the grand debate? Not necessarily. But the data you use in your argument doesn’t exactly paint the slam dunk picture that you think it does.
So pick 4 vs alshon jeffrey. Which one you taking? Bell or pick 1, which one you taking?

It's a bad idea to deal the top overall dynasty players (especially the young ones who have proven themselves for a couple years) for a rookie. That's the picture to be painted.

maxhyde said:
Dan Hindery said:
Saw this one and thought it was interesting...

(14 team PPR, 1/2/3/1 w/ 3 flex)

Jordan Matthews

2016 1st (mid?)

for

Darren McFadden
I take the 1.01 here. Deep starting lineups for a big league
Think I'm with you guys, lean towards the 1.01 side. I'm curious to see if he'll take Cooper or Gurley.

Definitely pretty deep which makes it challenging, especially with bye weeks. It also increases the value of a guy like Matthews who is a pretty safe bet over the long-term (especially when you can start 6 WRs) vs. a guy like McFadden who may have one good year (if that) and then be about done.

Does any of this mean that Rookies are greater than Vets in the grand debate? Not necessarily. But the data you use in your argument doesnt exactly paint the slam dunk picture that you think it does.
So pick 4 vs alshon jeffrey. Which one you taking? Bell or pick 1, which one you taking?

It's a bad idea to deal the top overall dynasty players (especially the young ones who have proven themselves for a couple years) for a rookie. That's the picture to be painted.
IMO it's a much more legit ? / tough decision for a true championship contender when faced with the chance to fill a need with an aging stud -- say a Calvin or a Charles for an acquired high 1st. That's a hard call for a great "short window" type team.

Thats the picture you painted by observing that there have been 72 1st rounders in 6 years? That there are fewer than 72 top players today?

That is the data you used, and that is the data to which I responded.

Does any of this mean that Rookies are greater than Vets in the grand debate? Not necessarily. But the data you use in your argument doesnt exactly paint the slam dunk picture that you think it does.

IMO it's a much more legit ? / tough decision for a true championship contender when faced with the chance to fill a need with an aging stud -- say a Calvin or a Charles for an acquired high 1st. That's a hard call for a great "short window" type team.
Maybe a hard call, but at least in that case you know you are getting appropriate value for those guys.

I see a rather large difference between dealing guys like Bell/Jeffrey/Green/Julio than I do Charles/Peterson/Lynch/Calvin.....................

In the case of a team that needs the more sure production NOW, then you gotta decide if it's ok to overpay to open up your window of opportunity. I am of the opinion that if I am not one of the top few teams then I would rather get good value for my aging players and build.

I have overpaid for players before to win "now". It can be a delicate balance regarding that window of opportunity. But no window size makes sense (for me) to deal young top end players for a pick.

Thats the picture you painted by observing that there have been 72 1st rounders in 6 years? That there are fewer than 72 top players today?

That is the data you used, and that is the data to which I responded.
I said that is the picture to be painted, not the picture that I painted with that post.

Relax, that other post was in no way proof of anything, just some general comments in response to another post.

Maybe a hard call, but at least in that case you know you are getting appropriate value for those guys.

I see a rather large difference between dealing guys like Bell/Jeffrey/Green/Julio than I do Charles/Peterson/Lynch/Calvin.....................

In the case of a team that needs the more sure production NOW, then you gotta decide if it's ok to overpay to open up your window of opportunity. I am of the opinion that if I am not one of the top few teams then I would rather get good value for my aging players and build.

I have overpaid for players before to win "now". It can be a delicate balance regarding that window of opportunity. But no window size makes sense (for me) to deal young top end players for a pick.
It seems to me that this may be more of a discussion of individual players Leveon Bell and Alshon Jeffery than Young Vet Super Stud vs 1.1.

Few, if any, would trade Julio Jones or Dez Bryant straight up for the 1.1 or Mike Evans or AJ Green for the 1.4.

It seems to me that this may be more of a discussion of individual players Leveon Bell and Alshon Jeffery than Young Vet Super Stud vs 1.1.

Few, if any, would trade Julio Jones or Dez Bryant straight up for the 1.1 or Mike Evans or AJ Green for the 1.4.
Right. This entire discussion started off when CP blasted a bunch of people for suggesting Jeffrey > 1.04.

12 team, Non PPR, Full IDP (Zealots league).

Traded Away:

VJax

Steve Smith

Devonta Freeman

Got:

JPP

The Atlanta backfield seems to be a time share now and we switched to having to start 3 DL. My team isn't in contention so the aging WRs weren't going to do anything really for anyways.

12 team, Non PPR, Full IDP (Zealots league).

Traded Away:

VJax

Steve Smith

Devonta Freeman

Got:

JPP

The Atlanta backfield seems to be a time share now and we switched to having to start 3 DL. My team isn't in contention so the aging WRs weren't going to do anything really for anyways.
Yeah, those two receivers have very little value, and Freeman took a big hit with the draft too. Good trade, even if DLs are relatively low scoring in your league.

FFPC 12 team

Gave 2.4, 2.12, 2 projected mid to late 2016 2nds (both were playoff teams last year)

Received 1.9

Flame away. :D

PPR dynasty

Gave: Reggie Bush & 2.8

Got: 2.6

Had to pair down total players and sadly this was the best offer I could get. Oh how the once mighty has fallen....

Users who are viewing this thread