What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

Here we go again...

ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from the Pro Day circuit that "some coaches" around the league are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.

There's belief in league circles that Bradford will be used as trade bait to get to the Titans at No. 2 overall, where Chip Kelly could select Marcus Mariota. Kelly's affinity for Mariota is well known. Kelly has shown he isn't scared to make bold, complicated football decisions. It's anyone's guess as to what he'll do. We also wouldn't rule out a trade up to No. 1 overall. Bradford's pocket-passer style would fit well in new Bucs OC Dirk Koetter's offense.
I'm convinced Chip is going to trade Bradford to the Skins for #5.
No chance this happens. What are you basing this on? Wash wouldn't trade with us. Their one trade already bit them in the ### for RG3, the public outcry and wanting the owners head isn't worth the risk of giving philly a potential franchise qb that they can beat them with for 10+ years.

As a season ticket holder who suffered through the 2013 home game vs the NYG with Matt Barkley unable to do anything, have to ask if Tebow in the spread (ran at UF) is better as a QB3 than Barkley.

The Eagles D gave up 5 FG's IIRC and lost 15-7. The D scored a TD on a botched ST snap. Foles was out with a concussion from the prior game, Vick pulled up lame w/a hammy... and the offense scored 0 points. Couldn't even move the ball to get a FG. Sucks to lose when the D gives up no TDs.

Of course, Barkley in year 3 should be better than Barkley as a rookie, so IDK but that game left a baaaaaad taste in my mouth.

Box score from that game (200 yds total offense, 0 offensive pts):

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310270phi.htm

Plus #culture, right?

As a season ticket holder who suffered through the 2013 home game vs the NYG with Matt Barkley unable to do anything, have to ask if Tebow in the spread (ran at UF) is better as a QB3 than Barkley.

The Eagles D gave up 5 FG's IIRC and lost 15-7. The D scored a TD on a botched ST snap. Foles was out with a concussion from the prior game, Vick pulled up lame w/a hammy... and the offense scored 0 points. Couldn't even move the ball to get a FG. Sucks to lose when the D gives up no TDs.

Of course, Barkley in year 3 should be better than Barkley as a rookie, so IDK but that game left a baaaaaad taste in my mouth.

Plus #culture, right?
He's just taunting Stephen A. Smith. Won't be signed. Back to filling out my bracket.

Plus #culture, right?
Its the system. Any QB can succeed in Chip Kelly's system. That is why it was smart to let Foles go! (Still bitter Foles fan and dynasty owner)

oh please let them sign Tebow, oh please, please!!!!!
Another cowboys fan that has fallen for chip's trolling. You just can't catch a break, can you.
so your theory is the eagles called tebow in to work out to screw with cowboys fans...

lol
No, but Chip is notorious for kicking the tires on almost everyone. Regardless of fit, ability, or what everyone thinks. It's a stamp on the "go ahead get worked up about it, I'm gonna take a look at this guy". Which cued you to run to our thread to post about it :P

Chip 2

Cowboys Fans 0

Plus #culture, right?
Its the system. Any QB can succeed in Chip Kelly's system. That is why it was smart to let Foles go! (Still bitter Foles fan and dynasty owner)
Part of it is the system but part is finding "his guy". I don't think Tim is 'his guy', but would he be a good guy to bring into camp? Sure why not. Maybe he can be convinced to play a different position. Maybe he can divert all attention away from Chips plan. Maybe he'll just be a good guy to have around. Who knows. One thing is for sure... He won't be on our final roster as a QB. And if he is, then he must actually still have something left and be deserving of that spot. Win-Win. Only loss is the media frenzy which Chip clearly doesn't care about.

Another cowboys fan that has fallen for chip's trolling. You just can't catch a break, can you.
so your theory is the eagles called tebow in to work out to screw with cowboys fans...

lol
No, but Chip is notorious for kicking the tires on almost everyone. Regardless of fit, ability, or what everyone thinks. It's a stamp on the "go ahead get worked up about it, I'm gonna take a look at this guy". Which cued you to run to our thread to post about it :P

Chip 2

Cowboys Fans 0
my avid love for tebow made me post about it

but if the eagles are spending time trolling cowboys fans the cowboys must really be in Chip's head

he should bring in Ryan Leaf

Plus #culture, right?
Part of it is the system but part is finding "his guy". I don't think Tim is 'his guy', but would he be a good guy to bring into camp? Sure why not. Maybe he can be convinced to play a different position. Maybe he can divert all attention away from Chips plan. Maybe he'll just be a good guy to have around. Who knows. One thing is for sure... He won't be on our final roster as a QB. And if he is, then he must actually still have something left and be deserving of that spot. Win-Win. Only loss is the media frenzy which Chip clearly doesn't care about.
lol

"it's a joke you guys fell for, unless he makes the team in which case obviously he's a good Qb"

hedge much?

lol

Chip 2

Cowboys Fans 0
my avid love for tebow made me post about it

but if the eagles are spending time trolling cowboys fans the cowboys must really be in Chip's head

Your post didn't scream of avid love, it screamed of "I can't wait to bug Eagles fans if this happens"

I'm pretty sure there's not a person in the world who is in Chip's head. He does what he wants and clearly doesn't care about what people think/say.

Plus #culture, right?
Yeah, sure. Because Vick and Barkley looked great in 2013!

Obviously, just goofing here and don't think Chip brings Tehow in. But he's a good guy/leader/athlete and why not lick the tires?

Plus #culture, right?
lol

"it's a joke you guys fell for, unless he makes the team in which case obviously he's a good Qb"

hedge much?
I think there's a 1% chance he makes the team. I don't think Chip brought him in with the intentions of him being a QB on our roster. If somehow, Tebow blows him away (I doubt it) and he makes the team, then hey I guess I'm wrong and I'll be happy to have him. But Chip's moves are all over the place and either stupid or genius. As of today, our roster is stronger then last year's so I'm gonna trust him on this. If he's just messing with people, giving mis direction, or taunting Stephen Smith, then so be it too. The guy has a ton up his sleeve and I wouldn't put anything past him at this point and am not sure I really believe all the things he says in his interviews.

so your theory is the eagles called tebow in to work out to screw with cowboys fans...lol
No, but Chip is notorious for kicking the tires on almost everyone. Regardless of fit, ability, or what everyone thinks. It's a stamp on the "go ahead get worked up about it, I'm gonna take a look at this guy". Which cued you to run to our thread to post about it :P Chip 2

Cowboys Fans 0
my avid love for tebow made me post about itbut if the eagles are spending time trolling cowboys fans the cowboys must really be in Chip's head

If we can get the work-release paperwork signed off by the prison, I'm all in. Not a Barkley fan!

I didn't think it was possible, but you guys have officially generated more off season hype than my Washington Redskins, who are eerily workmanlike in Free Agency this year.

I am about 1/2 and 1/2 on Kelly's offseason moves.

I actually like bringing Murray in and if Chip needs a downhill runner, then I think he did great -- even though he lost McCoy.

On the other hand, I think swapping Foles for Bradford was a big mistake. Not sure why Chip doesn't like Foles. Dude has flat out won in your system and could continue to grow. Bradford has potential but I get the sinking feeling he's going to go down to injury yet again, and you are going to be playing the Sanchize again.

If he can get Tebow to play another position first and foremost then be 3rd string emergency or spot duty QB, it's really not a bad move...it's not like he's plugging him in as starter.

I'm about 1/2 and 1/2 on your moves but think trading Foles is potentially a killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigboy, hopefully you're compiling some tweets on this for us right now
Only need one ;)

@AdamSchefter: Tim Tebow has come and gone from Philadelphia. Team is not planning to sign him at this time. We'll see if anything changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug: even if they signed him, I doubt he would ever throw more than a pass or two, at most, per game. Strictly read-option stuff, but certainly could make for some interesting formations. When he was with the Broncos and Jets, their offenses weren't suited to true read-option play-calling, so it didn't really fool anyone. If there was ever an offense that could make the most of what limited QB skills that Tebow had, Kelly's is it.

if nothing else, fodder.

With that veterans combine coming up Im sure this is why they looked at him. From what I understood he wasn't planning on attending
Maybe just did it as a favour to drum up talk about him again. It's the least they could do for him on 3:16.

I just hope Stephen A. Smith attacks Chip for this :P

As an eagles fan, this is the most exciting free agency I can remember in the last decade
The Nnamdi year was pretty damn exciting.

Depends what you call exciting. Exciting and optimistic, then that year was much more 'exciting'. We were all gushing with optimism that year. Exciting in terms of pure chaos and number of crazy moves, then yes this is most exciting. I think most fans are happy with the moves but not as ecstatic as we were that offseason.

As an eagles fan, this is the most exciting free agency I can remember in the last decade
Exciting as in the night you went out with the crazy redhead who slipped something in your drink, wrecked your car, almost got you arrested and spent the rest of the night doing freaky stuff at her place?

Well then I agree :)

For the ones who aren't really on board with his moves this season--Is winning 20 games in your first 2 seasons without "your" players not enough to trust him this off-season?

For the ones who aren't really on board with his moves this season--Is winning 20 games in your first 2 seasons without "your" players not enough to trust him this off-season?
guess u could be an optimist and look at it that way. could also just mean he inherited a good team and decide it wasn't "his" guys, which is not necessarily a bad thing but next year or two will probably be painful. and lets not forget the dismal shape the division had been in during those two years, when was the last time all four teams looked as bad as they did, relatively speaking. tho dismal may be too strong of a word here, winning within nfc east isn't what it use to be. think we just dunno what to make of such a big shift all of a sudden. hoping it's a good thing, of course.

guess u could be an optimist and look at it that way. could also just mean he inherited a good team and decide it wasn't "his" guys, which is not necessarily a bad thing but next year or two will probably be painful. and lets not forget the dismal shape the division had been in during those two years, when was the last time all four teams looked as bad as they did, relatively speaking. tho dismal may be too strong of a word here, winning within nfc east isn't what it use to be. think we just dunno what to make of such a big shift all of a sudden. hoping it's a good thing, of course.
I wouldnt say the division has been bad his first 2 seasons.

During his first season Washington was coming off of a playoff berth and we were 4-12. DALLAS played very well last season and we won 10 games.

DeMarco Murrays contract with Philadelphia Eagles revealed: base salary in 2015 is $1 million

By Brandon George / Reporter

Published: March 16, 2015 8:00 am

Maybe its finally setting in now. DeMarco Murray will play next season for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Murray, the NFLs 2014 rushing champion, signed with Philadelphia on Thursday, leaving the Dallas Cowboys behind after the club wouldnt budge financially to up its offer to keep him with a star on his helmet.

Murray signed a five-year contract with the Eagles that can pay him up to $42 million. The full breakdown is now public, according to www.spotrac.com.

Lets take a look at what Dallas passed up and how much the Eagles had to reach in their pockets to secure Murray:

Murray will receive $18 million fully guaranteed, including his 2015 and 2016 base salary. An additional $3 million of his 2017 base salary will become fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2017 league year. Murray received a $5 million signing bonus.

Over the first four years of the deal, Murray has salary escalators in his contract. From 2015 to 2018, if he reaches 1,250 rushing yards in a season his salary increases by $250,000. From 2015 to 2018, if he reaches 1,450 yards in a season his salary increases by $500,000. In 2014 with the Cowboys, Murray broke Emmitt Smiths season club record for rushing yards with 1,845 (its the only time hes topped 1,250 yards in a season in the NFL).

In 2015, Murrays base salary is only $1 million and his salary cap hit is only $5 million. Hes due a $3 million roster bonus.

In 2016, Murrays base salary jumps to $7 million and his salary cap hit climbs to $8 million.

In each of 2017, 2018 and 2019, Murrays base salary is $7.5 million and his salary cap hit is $9 million. In each of those years hes also due a $500,000 roster bonus.

Our odds of winning the super bowl have increased over the last month. I'd say the consensus is that this team is better after he made these moves. At the least it's a lateral move with guys he wants on the team.

Now that the shock has somewhat wore off, I can understand the uproar over the Bradford trade. For some, it must have been as if a friend who you respected and admired told you they had met a gorgeous woman and invited you over to his house to meet, and when you arrive and open the door, are greeted by Phyllis Diller.

Our odds of winning the super bowl have increased over the last month. I'd say the consensus is that this team is better after he made these moves. At the least it's a lateral move with guys he wants on the team.
I'd say we pushed on quarterback and running back. Got weaker at receiver. And vastly improved at linebacker and corner.

Users who are viewing this thread