What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2016 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I watched the intro presser and you are right about the conservative lack of energy.  But, I did like his main point of continuing the current culture.  No, its no RTB and he didn't have a date with destiny he was about to go pick up, but if I were a parent of a recruit I heard everything I needed to hear (and would hope my kid did too).  Its apparently a big recruiting weekend and they made it sound like there were a lot of recruits there.  I can't hurt to have your hockey team shut out the #1 team in the country, so let's hope they can lock some kids up!
So much for retaining recruits

link

ODDS TO WIN 2018 CFB TITLE

TEAMODDS

Alabama3/1

Florida State7/1

Oklahoma8/1

Ohio State8/1

USC8/1

Louisville12/1

Michigan12/1

LSU12/1

Clemson18/1

Texas25/1

Oklahoma State30/1

Auburn30/1

Labor Day weekend in Atlanta could be the first 1v2 matchup to open the season in AP Poll history.
And then barring an opening week upset, could have 2v3 matchup the next weekend...

ODDS TO WIN 2018 CFB TITLE

TEAMODDS

Alabama3/1

Florida State7/1

Oklahoma8/1

Ohio State8/1

Was he impressed with Eastern Washington's offense?

Don't get me wrong. If I had my way Florida would be in their 37th consecutive year of running the Fun'n'Gun. But Leach's list of career accomplishments is a little sparse to be judging other programs.
Not sure....I'd imagine it depends on what he thinks of his defense.  If he doesn't think much of it, he probably doesn't think much of Eastern Washington scorching it.  My best guess :shrug:  

It's pretty amazing how many elite recruits Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana put out almost every year.  This year Al/GA/TN have 8 five-stars, and outside of CA/TX/FL no state has more than 1.
As long as some of them keep coming to OSU, I don't give a #### where they're from.

It's pretty amazing how many elite recruits Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana put out almost every year.  This year Al/GA/TN have 8 five-stars, and outside of CA/TX/FL no state has more than 1.
It's a big reason Clemson people give CJ Spiller so much credit for where we are now...  He grew up in Florida, idolized Warrick Dunn, and his mother worked at UF at the time. UF and the Noles were favored, but he came to Clemson. It made it ok for other Florida kids like Sammy Watkins to come as well. It was a huge building block. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a big reason Clemson people give CJ Spiller so much credit for where we are now...  He grew up in Florida, idolized Warrick Dunn, and his mother worked at UF at the time. UF and the Noles were favored, but he came to Clemson. It made it ok for other Florida kids like Sammy Watkins to come as well. It was a huge building block. 
Just out of curiosity where did CJ, his baby mama, and his kid live while @ Clemson?

High School buddy hired as Auburn OC.  The opportunity to send him texts asking him to tell Gus to go #### himself is an exciting development for me.

High School buddy hired as Auburn OC.  The opportunity to send him texts asking him to tell Gus to go #### himself is an exciting development for me.
Liked how al.com speculated he would be too expensive at 650K which was more than Lashlee. I'm like this is freaking Auburn, they'll pay whatever they need to pay. Of course my season ticket renewal may be going up

Just out of curiosity where did CJ, his baby mama, and his kid live while @ Clemson?
I've heard everything from rented an apt, to being given a huge lake house, to never leaving FL. 

I know for at least a portion of the time, the baby lived with his mom in Florida, and he was driving home every weekend when football finished. There was a big deal regarding him maybe not coming back after his freshman year because his daughter was tugging on his heart strings and he hated being away. 

This is pretty much what I was getting at right here.
There was never a single ounce of proof of that from anyone at all... just something people from Lexington and other midlands areas liked to say.  Maybe they were being put up in a posh hotel in the Shandon area of Columbia. 

There was never a single ounce of proof of that from anyone at all... just something people from Lexington and other midlands areas liked to say.  Maybe they were being put up in a posh hotel in the Shandon area of Columbia. 
Ha, you got me on that one but we did pay the price on that one. 

I'll just say this. Your Florida pipeline was created by our former head coach and I'll just leave it at that.

Dabo strikes me as someone that's dirty as all get out and hides behind Jesus. Similar to Bill McCartney. I know he wasn't head coach yet when Spiller started there but just talking about his aura.

You may think I am being critical but actually the complete opposite. I think he is awesome and I root for the program. 

Going to ban Harbaugh's trip to IMG Academy for spring practice? No problem.

Nick Baumgardner  @nickbaumgardner - 

Michigan will hold three spring football practice sessions in Rome, Italy mlive.com/wolverines/ind…

From the press release - 

"During the trip to Rome, the Wolverines will be immersed in the culture of Italy. The team will visit historic landmarks, spend time with youth at orphanages, and visit deployed U.S. military in the country amongst other team activities. The experience will culminate with a youth clinic, and the team will play a scrimmage that will be open to the Italian public."

Users who are viewing this thread