What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (1 Viewer)

I hope its not the Falcons game I think the Falcons are the Eagles biggest problem in the NFC. Im guessing they get in even if the lose to the Vikings but Im still hoping they dont make it in. 
Not worried about the falcons. Their defense can't stop us.

My level of "worry" by opponent on a 1 to 10 scale.

Rams 6

Panthers 5

Saints 5

Vikings 4

Seahawks 4

Falcons 1

I'd put the Vikings much higher.  As hard as it is to believe with Keenum, they've beaten a lot of quality opponents...
Keenum is like Josh McCown 2013 to me. It's a nice run he's on but it's still Case Keenum.

I'd be more worried if they still had Dalvin Cook.

Last edited by a moderator:
My level of "worry" by opponent on a 1 to 10 scale.

Rams 6

Panthers 5

Saints 5

Vikings 4

Seahawks 4

Falcons 1
Seahawks are too high.  Guess we will find out how good they are this Sunday.  I think we crush them.  Falcons don't scare me.  That curse of losing the Superbowl and having a crap year the next year is real and I bet they don't make it in.  Rams and Vikings are threats.  I think we can really pressure Goff or keenum into mistakes.  We have already proven we can do it to Newton

Seahawks are too high.  Guess we will find out how good they are this Sunday.  I think we crush them.  Falcons don't scare me.  That curse of losing the Superbowl and having a crap year the next year is real and I bet they don't make it in.  Rams and Vikings are threats.  I think we can really pressure Goff or keenum into mistakes.  We have already proven we can do it to Newton
Keuchley gives me pause with the Panthers a second time around but I still think we win that one in Philly.

This is what I been saying. I don't think we lose again this season. 18-1

I do really believe this.  It will take another teams best game and our worst all around game to stop us now and I don't think both those things are going to happen at the same time.  Another thing that goes into my thinking is our competition.  Look around the league.  There are not many great teams. I don't see another team killing in all three phases like we are right now.  Only thing that scares me is I hope we haven't peaked too early.

JuniorNB said:
He also said that Eagles fans never won a thing and now we're all acting like it's a guarantee that we will get a ring this year.  I told him that nothing could be farther from the truth. I can't speak for all fans, but I'm holding my breath just waiting for something tragic to happen to end this dream of a season. I watch every Viking, Saint, and Rams game trying to figure out if we are better than them.  I have yet to see one post in this thread where anyone even suggested that we the favorites to win it all.  I told him that if he hates the Eagles because it's assumed they will win it all, it's in his mind that he thinks they are the favorites.
Spoke a bit too soon

jon007 said:
Plus 4 doesn't seem like enough for the Seahawks. 

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/philadelphia-seattle-odds-december-3-2017-788923

The fact that they are currently the 7th seed does seem to favor them. It's kinda of a must win game for them as the NFC South looks to host 2 wildcards.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/conference/2017/REG

But this keeps me excited. 

https://twitter.com/JamieApody/status/935211859766071297

I think we roll into Seattle and take care of business. 

@Deamon quit being a pu55y. The only other loss I see this season is week 17. I think we rise to this challenge and win the next 3 games.
Not sure how it's being a "pu55y" to realistically say I hope we win 2 of the next 3 games and lock up the 1 seed in the nfc.  Zero reason to get cocky now... still a long season left and the end goal is the SB, not going 15-1 which I don't think is going to happen.

The Eagles Defense is obviously playing at a high level lately but I was just reviewing their recent matchups and they have been on a 4 week run of playing against awful QB's. So their strong passing defense should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last 4 matchups.

Chicago -Trubisky

Dallas - Dak with no Zeke

Denver - Osweiler

SF - Beathard

Seattle's offense has issues but this is first real test the Eagles secondary has faced since Washington and Cousins passed for over 300 yards that game. I actually expect this game against the Hawks to become a shootout. The Eagles can expose the Seahawks if they go high tempo and pass a lot early but it would be a mistake to slow things down and play conservative early in this game because that plays into the Seahawks strength as a defense right now which is their DL. The best way to attack Seattle is like Houston did which is to get them on the run and tire out that DL. The Hawks secondary can be exposed easily right now if the Eagles do that.

The Hawks are a hobbled bunch right now but this is the first real test for the Eagles in over a month. The Hawks will play tough, you can count on that.

The betting line in the game is going up and is -5 for the Eagles on most sites. But the over/under is 47 and going down. Started at 48. I actually think the game will go well over that. Eagles 34 Seahawks 27 is my prediction but it could be closer than that and overtime wouldn't shock me. I think it is going to be a very entertaining game. This is the Hawks last gasp at staying relevant and I expect Wilson to post some big numbers.

I see this as a tight game through 2.5 quarters and then the Eagles get some breathing room. Seahawks get a late score to make it seem closer.

38-24 Eagles

Some are considering Wilson and Wentz as the FrontRunners for MVP right now. This will add another interesting dynamic to this game. Wilson's lack of running game has made him almost a one-man show out in Seattle. Eagles will have to try to contain him on the edges. Seattle has a terrible running attack and we all know that Philly's run defense is the best in the league. So the pressure will really be on Wilson to try to keep up with Philly's offensive attack. It will also be a challenge for Wentz playing in the hostile environment. Especially with Seattle clinging to playoff hopes. That crowd is going to be nuts.

Some are considering Wilson and Wentz as the FrontRunners for MVP right now. This will add another interesting dynamic to this game. Wilson's lack of running game has made him almost a one-man show out in Seattle. Eagles will have to try to contain him on the edges. Seattle has a terrible running attack and we all know that Philly's run defense is the best in the league. So the pressure will really be on Wilson to try to keep up with Philly's offensive attack. It will also be a challenge for Wentz playing in the hostile environment. Especially with Seattle clinging to playoff hopes. That crowd is going to be nuts.

Eagles' DL should be better able to contain Wilson than most, which is a definite edge to Philly defense.  I expect Seattle to struggle this week.

The Eagles Defense is obviously playing at a high level lately but I was just reviewing their recent matchups and they have been on a 4 week run of playing against awful QB's. So their strong passing defense should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last 4 matchups.

Chicago -Trubisky

Dallas - Dak with no Zeke

Denver - Osweiler

SF - Beathard

Seattle's offense has issues but this is first real test the Eagles secondary has faced since Washington and Cousins passed for over 300 yards that game. I actually expect this game against the Hawks to become a shootout. The Eagles can expose the Seahawks if they go high tempo and pass a lot early but it would be a mistake to slow things down and play conservative early in this game because that plays into the Seahawks strength as a defense right now which is their DL. The best way to attack Seattle is like Houston did which is to get them on the run and tire out that DL. The Hawks secondary can be exposed easily right now if the Eagles do that.

The Hawks are a hobbled bunch right now but this is the first real test for the Eagles in over a month. The Hawks will play tough, you can count on that.

The betting line in the game is going up and is -5 for the Eagles on most sites. But the over/under is 47 and going down. Started at 48. I actually think the game will go well over that. Eagles 34 Seahawks 27 is my prediction but it could be closer than that and overtime wouldn't shock me. I think it is going to be a very entertaining game. This is the Hawks last gasp at staying relevant and I expect Wilson to post some big numbers.
I think this is a really good post. It is very easy to get caught up in how well the Eagles are playing, and start to dismiss everyone else. The fact is that Wilson is the type of QB who will buy extra time, and allow WR's to get open. In Seattle, this will be a really tough game. As long as the Eagles don't start taking opponents lightly the way some of us fans are starting to do, I think they will be fine. I am more worried about the Seattle game than the Ram game because Wilson scares me a lot more than Goff does.

Last 4 matchups.

Chicago -Trubisky  31-3

Dallas - Dak with no Zeke  37-9

Denver - Osweiler  51-23

SF - Beathard  33-10
I understand the thinking here and would usually agree with the "taking it with a grain of salt" thing until you look at the scores of these games.  It would be one thing if Dak or Trubisky had shown some flashes and hung the eagles for 2-3 quarters.  These teams were literally never even in the games from inception.  You always want your team to win against the teams they should win against.  The Eagles are curb-stomping the teams they should win against.  Lesser teams would run the risk of playing down to the level of their opponent.  We are routinely handing the ball to Nicky 6 in the fourth quarter.  No grain of salt here.  This team is special and I see no reason not to get cocky.  They are dominating teams; bringing some swag to the field and having fun helps unify these guys.   

How long before they start to rest some starters?
In the season or in this weeks game?

Resting starters doesn't really seem like a Doug thing to do.  I think he keeps his foot on the gas this season even if it's locked up, and especially if we have the bye.  Don't think we will have clinched homefield before week 17 though.

I understand the thinking here and would usually agree with the "taking it with a grain of salt" thing until you look at the scores of these games.  It would be one thing if Dak or Trubisky had shown some flashes and hung the eagles for 2-3 quarters.  These teams were literally never even in the games from inception.  You always want your team to win against the teams they should win against.  The Eagles are curb-stomping the teams they should win against.  Lesser teams would run the risk of playing down to the level of their opponent.  We are routinely handing the ball to Nicky 6 in the fourth quarter.  No grain of salt here.  This team is special and I see no reason not to get cocky.  They are dominating teams; bringing some swag to the field and having fun helps unify these guys.   
Dallas was literally leading at halftime....

In the season or in this weeks game?

Resting starters doesn't really seem like a Doug thing to do.  I think he keeps his foot on the gas this season even if it's locked up, and especially if we have the bye.  Don't think we will have clinched homefield before week 17 though.
Season

Dallas was literally leading at halftime....
point taken.  those 3 FG's were pretty dominating, but to my recollection, the birds adjusted at halftime, scored 31 points, held Dallas to 0 points and Dak ended the day with 145 yards, 0 TDs and 4 turnovers.  They got smoked.  Like I said, average to good teams often play down to their competition.  Great teams steamroll.  We are witnessing a great team.  Enjoy it-I know its hard as an Eagles fan to admit.  Don's couch it or cliche it up with "one game at a time".  These guys are the real deal.  

I think this is a really good post. It is very easy to get caught up in how well the Eagles are playing, and start to dismiss everyone else. The fact is that Wilson is the type of QB who will buy extra time, and allow WR's to get open. In Seattle, this will be a really tough game. As long as the Eagles don't start taking opponents lightly the way some of us fans are starting to do, I think they will be fine. I am more worried about the Seattle game than the Ram game because Wilson scares me a lot more than Goff does.
Yep, this will not be a two + TD win.  Seattle might be banged up, but they're still playing behind arguably the best home field advantage in the league.  Plus, the Eagles D as said has not faced a very decent QB (minus maybe Dak) for a long time.

I'll go 34-31 Eagles, it's going to raise the BP.

Just read this on twitter.  Crazy haha.

When Corey Clement was in grade 9 at Glassboro HS (in NJ), his guidance counselor told him that if he ever made the NFL, she'd give him her BMW.  So she did.

Eli was 10-17 against the Eagles in the regular season and 0-2 in the playoffs. He was 4-14 in his last 18 games against the Eagles. I am getting emotional as I type this. We will truly miss you Eli!
As I just posted in the Eli thread, I always liked ragging on the guy but he was the face of the Giants for a generation.  I think its a loss for the NFL.  And good on him for not artificially extending his games started streak.  I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

But hope the Giants remain a dumpster fire, of course.

As I just posted in the Eli thread, I always liked ragging on the guy but he was the face of the Giants for a generation.  I think its a loss for the NFL.  And good on him for not artificially extending his games started streak.  I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

Ya that team is in shambles right now.  Fire the coach, draft a QB top 3, and hit the reset button.  Worked for us.

I will miss his goofiness. I especially loved some years ago when he was trying to rally the Giants against the Eagles. He had them on the move when he scrambled and ran for an apparent first down. However, he dove forward to get as much yardage as possible but the ground knocked the ball free, and because no Eagle had touched him, it was a live ball and the Eagles recovered. But he was a part of two super bowl runs for the Giants and he beat Tom Brady twice in the Super Bowl. No one can take that away from him.

Magic_Man said:
How long before they start to rest some starters?
It depends on the games and the NFL rules can get in the way. After the debacle I believe where Indy rested starters against a Jets team who got in because Indy rested starters in a game Indy wins with it's starters and someone got hosed from the Playoffs the NFL implemented a rule that if a team who has clinched or eliminated from the playoffs playing a team where playoff implication either qualification or seeding purposes they can't rest starters. 

need2know said:
This is not the end of Eli
Someone mentioned Peyton as GM, Eli as QB.... in Cleveland. :lol:  

As much as I think Eli is extremely overrated and won two Super Bowls because of his defensive line, that’s a pretty ####ty way for that organization to end his legacy. To start GENO ####### SMITH??? Gtfo with that nonsense. What a ####### disgrace. 

As much as I think Eli is extremely overrated and won two Super Bowls because of his defensive line, that’s a pretty ####ty way for that organization to end his legacy. To start GENO ####### SMITH??? Gtfo with that nonsense. What a ####### disgrace. 
Karma is a #####.  Isn't Eli the guy who refused to go to San Diego because he wanted to play in NY?  

dhockster said:
Let's have a moment of silence for Eli Manning and the interceptions and fumbles we won't be getting anymore:

Thank you. Carry on.
It's pretty  :censored:  what the Giants are doing to him frankly. Its not his fault. This looks more like a tank job then we're replacing him he's bad. I feel sorry for the guy

Deamon said:
Haha still looks pretty decent.  I'm sure he bought her a brand new better car though in return for that one. 

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/935624885929250816
That counselor looks like an ex co worker of mine. She was good looking and part Brazilian. She was dating this other guy at work who was nothing special to look at and complete space cadet. We always wondered what made this guy grab her. Anyway great story

Not sure what's worse the fact the way they treated ELI here or the fact that Geno Smith will be the FIRST BLACK QB TO START for the Giants in their franchise history

It depends on the games and the NFL rules can get in the way. After the debacle I believe where Indy rested starters against a Jets team who got in because Indy rested starters in a game Indy wins with it's starters and someone got hosed from the Playoffs the NFL implemented a rule that if a team who has clinched or eliminated from the playoffs playing a team where playoff implication either qualification or seeding purposes they can't rest starters. 
There is no such rule. THey do play around with timing of games in the final week now though so that teams don't get an unfair advantage of knowing ahead of time whether they can go hard or sit

Users who are viewing this thread