What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (2 Viewers)

I'd be all about Mixon in the fourth if he's there. Get a CB/WR/DL then go ahead and grab a RB.

I don't think we have to worry about spending big money. I don't see Howie going crazy this year. He's going to try to nail the 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Find a Malcolm Jenkins instead of a Byrd type of thing. I can't see any way he goes after the big ticket guys.
Inside I know that's the right thing to do but I still think they should find a way to land Jeffery.  If they could somehow find a way to land him and even draft Cook in the first that would be huge for Wentz.  Howie yesterday said something like "We don't want band aids, we want guys who will be here for 3-4 years"....That could be Jeffery but I don't know. It doesn't sound like Charles or AP are even up for consideration though and I'm fine with that.

I'd be all about Mixon in the fourth if he's there. Get a CB/WR/DL then go ahead and grab a RB.
I would LOVE this.  Id even advocate taking him in the 3rd since we have a couple 4's.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Slider said:
I would LOVE this.  Id even advocate taking him in the 3rd since we have a couple 4's.
I just don't see this happening. They took some chances last year on sketchy character guys because of the limited amount of picks. But with 8 picks this year, there's no justification and I don't think the organization wants any part of what comes with drafting him, especially that high. Especially since we could be the Hard Knocks team, by then (I think it's 50/50 between us and TB.) 

I just don't see this happening. They took some chances last year on sketchy character guys because of the limited amount of picks. But with 8 picks this year, there's no justification and I don't think the organization wants any part of what comes with drafting him, especially that high. Especially since we could be the Hard Knocks team, by then (I think it's 50/50 between us and TB.) 
I don't know what will come with drafting him if he's picked in the 3rd of 4th round. As you stated, we didn't this last year and heard about all their issues for what, a week?  Admittedly I don't know if he's still a jerk but if he has learned from this it shouldn't be an issue having been that long ago. 

I don't know what will come with drafting him if he's picked in the 3rd of 4th round. As you stated, we didn't this last year and heard about all their issues for what, a week?  Admittedly I don't know if he's still a jerk but if he has learned from this it shouldn't be an issue having been that long ago. 
None of what has come before is like this, because of the video. Even with Vick there wasn't a footage of a dog getting electrocuted that could be linked every time he was mentioned.

And, as a fan, I would feel a little queasy every time Cowboys fans fill up Eagles Twitter with an animated gif of it (which they will do, after all the flack they got about Greg Hardy.)   

None of what has come before is like this, because of the video. Even with Vick there wasn't a footage of a dog getting electrocuted that could be linked every time he was mentioned.

And, as a fan, I would feel a little queasy every time Cowboys fans fill up Eagles Twitter with an animated gif of it (which they will do, after all the flack they got about Greg Hardy.)   
This kids situation isn't the same as Hardy or even Ray Rice though. I don't know how other feel but an 18 year old doing something stupid after provoked isn't in the same field as what Rice and Hardy did. Video or not. 

babydemon90 said:
Yea, I'm not big on on signing big money at the RB spot.  If that was our only missing piece, maybe...  As it is, we need a reliable WR or two, probably need to bring in a CB also.   Pickup a RB late, Smallwood and Sproles - we're fine.  If we can get a guy inexpensively, then sure - not for big $$ tho.
I'd have no issue getting Murray from Oak if the price was down honestly. He's the only RB FA wise I wouldn't mind who might not come as cheap as some lower tier guys. I just think the Eagles want to be more of an offense that's run base first. 

Slider said:
I want nothing to do with that Punk. I have no will to root for a guy who treats women like that. Plus I'm always wary of Big 12 offensive players because the conference doesn't even know the term Defense. I argued and debated for yrs that Bradford was a product of a system and conference that made offensive players look way better then they are. There's always exceptions like an AP. I argued when RG3 was coming out do to the fact defensively the conference was even worse at that point that he was a product of it. Overall I'm just wary of any offensive player from that conference period. Not only that but I find people who feel they need to do any of the stuff this dude did to a women is reprehensible. I'll take an Alvin Kamara Delvin cook before I took that guy. I don't want our team becoming the Cowgirls who get a bunch of scumbags for hire and even go after a Greg Hardy which was ironic since Jerry Jones daughter was a lead director in the NFL's new initiative on Domestic Violience. 

I agree with his. However the guys we took didn't even have a video of them going all Floyd Mathweather on a women. Smallwood seemed more of a stupid kid at the time The Mills incident I remember when he was at LSU and a lot of SEC fans were discussing it. The issue came about a key witness in the case ended up changing her story multiple times and the Victim and Witeness stories never really lined up. I hate trying to pull the cry wolf card but you never know in some of these cases. There are people out there looking for an easy payday. At florida QB Treon Harris was accused of assaulting a women but her friends came out and said she lied about the whole thing. Meanwhile a friend of mine who went to FSU knew the husband of the defense attorney in the Winston case who was bragging how they covered it up to keep Winston on the team and yeah it's ok because all schools do this. i don't know why this guy would be bragging about such a thing other then my friend was a scholarship FSU LAX player. Plus if my buddy had said anything he really had no hard evidence like a taped conversation of it. I'm not surprised because that case was brutally mishandled from the start. Either way you also have incidendts like the DUke Lax team which was innocent in their accused case. You just never know sometimes. Either way we have raw video proof of what Mixon did. You make a great point on Hard Knocks as well there. 

This kids situation isn't the same as Hardy or even Ray Rice though. I don't know how other feel but an 18 year old doing something stupid after provoked isn't in the same field as what Rice and Hardy did. Video or not. 
Ugh I absolutely hate the age excuse. I don't give a dam if this women called him the most vile racial slur in the books. YOU NEVER AT ANYTIME PUT YOUR HANDS ON A WOMEN NO MATTER WHAT UNLESS SHE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU WITH A WEAPON. The age excuse is dumb. He is a college football player with eyes all over on him. College football is like a job application internship to get paid when you graduate. Act like a professional or you ruin your chances. Not only this incident but he also flipped and went bath** crazy on a female parking cop over a ticket for his parked car illegals parked. He threatened her with his vehicle and got up in her face. This guy is nothing more then another entitled punk who thinks I'm a scholar athlete give me what I want or else. If that women he hit was my daughter I'd be fuming and suing the school for not kicking him off the football team. I absolutely hated when people got all upset over Ray Rice after the video finally came out of it. I mean now youre upset over what he did? Not the fact the first time you heard about it? And people wonder why sports programs and other media don't handle these situations the right way. The media and fans enable the behavior and tell these leagues I don't care if this guy is a scumbag who abuses his wife as long as he/she entertains me. I think it's a hypocritical joke that people are more upset over what Hope Solo did then what some of these football players and other male athletes who do similar things. It makes you look like a hypocrite. What Mixon did is no different then these guys. I don't care if he was provoked or not. 

Mortensen reporting Eagles and Titans talking to Saints about Cooks. Another report that teams are inquiring about Chase Daniel. McLane reported this morning that Barwin and Kelce could be traded.

Maybe the Combine really is Howie's domain and he'll work some more magic this year...

Mortensen reporting Eagles and Titans talking to Saints about Cooks. Another report that teams are inquiring about Chase Daniel. McLane reported this morning that Barwin and Kelce could be traded.

Maybe the Combine really is Howie's domain and he'll work some more magic this year...
I'd have no problem if they trade Barwin and possible Kendricks and a late pick for Cook. NO needs a lot of D help. Plus they already have a C in Max Unger they acquired from Sea in the Graham trade last year. Cooks also seemed to play second or 3rd fiddle in that offense last year. Cooks would automatically help our deep threat need 

Holy busy day!  Lots of eagles stuff reported:

Carsons throwing motion and elbow pain:  I think and hope he gets this adjusted this offseason so its not an issue

Interest in Jamaal Charles:  No thanks... unless its cheap and we draft a 3rd/4th round guy behind him to groom and step in.

Trade for Cooks:  My god, yes please.  Final F U to Chip too so Howie might do it.

Trading Chase:  Yes, for anything.  Even a late pick.  Do it.

Carsons throwing motion and elbow pain:  I think and hope he gets this adjusted this offseason so its not an issue

Interest in Jamaal Charles:  No thanks... unless its cheap and we draft a 3rd/4th round guy behind him to groom and step in.

Trade for Cooks:  My god, yes please.  Final F U to Chip too so Howie might do it.

Not worried about Carson's throwing motion.  They couldn't correct it in season because they didn't want to put more things for him to worry about.  I think that was the right move.  He got through 16 games healthy enough and his whirlwind ride from February of last year till season end had to have his head spinning.  Now he takes a chance to catch his breath.  He has no combine to worry about this year.  It's all business from here on out.  Carson is the kind of guy that will fix this.  Brady's arm once upon a time was pedestrian at best but he worked his ### off and now look at him.  

As for all the other stuff, I agree.  I don't think JC has anything left unfortunately.  Cooks, yes please.  Especially if we can unload Kendricks and Barwin's salary in the process.  And yes Trade Chase to anyone willing to take him.  He only saves us $1mil if we cut him.  He saves us $6mil if we trade.  That was all Howie throwing Pederson a bone.  Now its business time and Howie is doing his cap magic.  

I'd have no issue getting Murray from Oak if the price was down honestly. He's the only RB FA wise I wouldn't mind who might not come as cheap as some lower tier guys. I just think the Eagles want to be more of an offense that's run base first. 
Market value for him is looking like 4/26 with 10 in guarantees I believe I read.  Stay away

Ugh I absolutely hate the age excuse. I don't give a dam if this women called him the most vile racial slur in the books. YOU NEVER AT ANYTIME PUT YOUR HANDS ON A WOMEN NO MATTER WHAT UNLESS SHE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU WITH A WEAPON. The age excuse is dumb. He is a college football player with eyes all over on him. College football is like a job application internship to get paid when you graduate. Act like a professional or you ruin your chances. Not only this incident but he also flipped and went bath** crazy on a female parking cop over a ticket for his parked car illegals parked. He threatened her with his vehicle and got up in her face. This guy is nothing more then another entitled punk who thinks I'm a scholar athlete give me what I want or else. If that women he hit was my daughter I'd be fuming and suing the school for not kicking him off the football team. I absolutely hated when people got all upset over Ray Rice after the video finally came out of it. I mean now youre upset over what he did? Not the fact the first time you heard about it? And people wonder why sports programs and other media don't handle these situations the right way. The media and fans enable the behavior and tell these leagues I don't care if this guy is a scumbag who abuses his wife as long as he/she entertains me. I think it's a hypocritical joke that people are more upset over what Hope Solo did then what some of these football players and other male athletes who do similar things. It makes you look like a hypocrite. What Mixon did is no different then these guys. I don't care if he was provoked or not. 
I'm gonna need to you hop down from that soap box now, sir.  Provoking an 18 year old KID is dangerous...that goes for any man or woman. I'm not saying she deserved what she got but she didn't help her situation either.  I'm going to say that there isn't a single person here or just about anywhere that's the same today as they were when they were 18 in just about any aspect of life.  I know some kids that act well beyond there years and well below them.  Expecting them to all be similar because "eyes are on them" and to act "professional" is beyond my comprehension. Your criteria for putting your hands on a woman will also surely differ from others as well and I wouldn't expect everyone to adhere to those standards.

If we draft him he will be like 3-4 years away from this issue.  If he showed remorse and seems to be beyond it, I don't see the issue at all.  Id be totally fine with it.  Hes playing football and not babysitting for me.

Not worried about Carson's throwing motion.  They couldn't correct it in season because they didn't want to put more things for him to worry about.  I think that was the right move.  He got through 16 games healthy enough and his whirlwind ride from February of last year till season end had to have his head spinning.  Now he takes a chance to catch his breath.  He has no combine to worry about this year.  It's all business from here on out.  Carson is the kind of guy that will fix this.  Brady's arm once upon a time was pedestrian at best but he worked his ### off and now look at him.  

As for all the other stuff, I agree.  I don't think JC has anything left unfortunately.  Cooks, yes please.  Especially if we can unload Kendricks and Barwin's salary in the process.  And yes Trade Chase to anyone willing to take him.  He only saves us $1mil if we cut him.  He saves us $6mil if we trade.  That was all Howie throwing Pederson a bone.  Now its business time and Howie is doing his cap magic.  

It seems like his elbow pain may be made bigger now than it was because it sure as hell didn't stop him from throwing lol.  Wentz in 4 years in college threw the ball 612 times....last year he threw it 607.  Sounds like normal pain to me.  I'll keep an eye on it but it seems like our media laying the ground work for a story if he doesn't do what they want with his mechanics.

As far as Cooks, I need to see the deal first.  I like him but depends on the cost.

NO isn't going to take our trash (Barwin, Kendricks) for Cooks. Especially if we're bidding against the Titans who have an extra 1st rounder. 

inutes ago · Report post

Matt Miller 

@nfldraftscout

The more I hear, it sounds like a Brandin Cooks trade would be a huge deal. 1st rounders involved.

11:35 AM - 2 Mar 2017

Break out the Chip analogy of "we drove into a very, very nice neighborhood and saw an unbelievable house, but when we found out the price of the house, we stayed in the car, and never even got out of the car and drove in and took a look around."

No way we're going to give a first rounder, plus. 

Should we execute Mixon?  She came in and was the clear aggressor. Yes he clocked her and shouldn't have but age is a definite factor.  Immature at 18 doesn't define you or we would all have lots of kids and be locked up.  Ray Rice was 27 or so and it was his girlfriend.  Ray Lewis probably killed a guy and the guy from the Rams did.  All were older and two got off easier than this kid. Obviously because of video.  

When it's widely reported that you can't find a bad opinion of the guy, at what point do we draw a line? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Market value for him is looking like 4/26 with 10 in guarantees I believe I read.  Stay away

I'm gonna need to you hop down from that soap box now, sir.  Provoking an 18 year old KID is dangerous...that goes for any man or woman. I'm not saying she deserved what she got but she didn't help her situation either.  I'm going to say that there isn't a single person here or just about anywhere that's the same today as they were when they were 18 in just about any aspect of life.  I know some kids that act well beyond there years and well below them.  Expecting them to all be similar because "eyes are on them" and to act "professional" is beyond my comprehension. Your criteria for putting your hands on a woman will also surely differ from others as well and I wouldn't expect everyone to adhere to those standards.

If we draft him he will be like 3-4 years away from this issue.  If he showed remorse and seems to be beyond it, I don't see the issue at all.  Id be totally fine with it.  Hes playing football and not babysitting for me.
Sure they aren't the same but non of us were playing a sport where we could go pro. If we did what he did in School we'd have a lot harder time finding a job as it'd be on our record. And no it should be expected for these guys to act like professionals. My Brother did the co op at Drexel where he worked at a job non paid for 6 months. He had to act like a professional despite not being paid. If he did anything close to Mixon provoked or not he'd have been kicked out of the program life ruined but because Mixon plays football and made the school money he's allowed to stay. I don't care who you are if I ever have kids and tMixon did that to my daughter I'd sue the school for everything they got demanding the player being released from scholarship. Assaulting a women or any crime should be an automatic reason to take away someone's athletic scholarship. Actions have consequences but too many kids think they are entitled today. Why can I follow European Soccer and not hear much at all about these guys playing at 16 to college age not acting like animals like athletes here that age? And 3-4 years away from the issue? He also flipped his **** on a parking cop and threatened harm to her with his car if she didn't revoke his parking ticket. This dude has issues. He's the poster boy of the NFL Domestic Violence suspension. 

Honestly I hope the dude tears his knee apart that he can never play again. it's unfortunately a guy like Teddy Bridgewater may never play again yet we get punks like Winston and Mixon still able to play. I was so against this team signing Vick as well. I thought a federal crime should keep an athlete out of a league for life. It's a privilege to play in the NFL not an entitlement. There's guys out there who work their asses off who never get a chance to show their talent yet teams keep these scumbags who beat their wives and wanna act like wannabe thugs all because of the money. I'm honestly sick of fans showing fact hatred for when leagues don't discipline these guys for these things. They didn't care before till someone mentioned it by now they are all about it. The fans are just as much the enablers. This whole thing goes further then football. There's people who have died from domestic violence. 

NO isn't going to take our trash (Barwin, Kendricks) for Cooks. Especially if we're bidding against the Titans who have an extra 1st rounder. 
If rumors are true that Cooks wants out of there no matter what NO might have to take whatever the best offer is. They may want a 1st but may eventually have to stick to a 4th and a player. We're still in the early stages of this. A lot can change

Should we execute Mixon?  She came in and was the clear aggressor. Yes he clocked her and shouldn't have but age is a definite factor.  Immature at 18 doesn't define you or we would all have lots of kids and be locked up.  Ray Rice was 27 or so and it was his girlfriend.  Ray Lewis probably killed a guy and the guy from the Rams did.  All were older and two got off easier than this kid. Obviously because of video.  

When it's widely reported that you can't find a bad opinion of the guy, at what point do we draw a line? 
This wasn't his only incident. If this was it I'd say hey it was in 2014 but he was just suspended this past november for treating a parking cop. He also was the aggressor after he used a homosexual term to one of her friends. lets not make Mixon a victim here and blame the women because that's what we're doing with yeah but his age. I mean thus report on the parking lot attendant does him no good. Threatening her with his car is an act of a threat with a deadly weapon there. This guy clearly thinks he's entitled

Mixon loses it over parking ticket

I'm also not buying can't find a bad opinion of him. His coaches want him to get drafted. These coaches are no better how they defend their players on assault cases and all especially star players. Joe Paterno was notorious for this for yrs. He's intimidate local police and media to not charge his players. The local town judge was in PSU's pocket. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with his. However the guys we took didn't even have a video of them going all Floyd Mathweather on a women. Smallwood seemed more of a stupid kid at the time The Mills incident I remember when he was at LSU and a lot of SEC fans were discussing it. The issue came about a key witness in the case ended up changing her story multiple times and the Victim and Witeness stories never really lined up. I hate trying to pull the cry wolf card but you never know in some of these cases. There are people out there looking for an easy payday. At florida QB Treon Harris was accused of assaulting a women but her friends came out and said she lied about the whole thing. Meanwhile a friend of mine who went to FSU knew the husband of the defense attorney in the Winston case who was bragging how they covered it up to keep Winston on the team and yeah it's ok because all schools do this. i don't know why this guy would be bragging about such a thing other then my friend was a scholarship FSU LAX player. Plus if my buddy had said anything he really had no hard evidence like a taped conversation of it. I'm not surprised because that case was brutally mishandled from the start. Either way you also have incidendts like the DUke Lax team which was innocent in their accused case. You just never know sometimes. Either way we have raw video proof of what Mixon did. You make a great point on Hard Knocks as well there. 

Shorter paragraphs dude.  Your posts are consistently unreadable. 

here is a more detailed breakdown: http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-will-receive-browns-fourth-round-compensatory-pick-part-wentz-deal/

When the Eagles traded up from the eighth-overall pick to the second-overall pick in the 2016 draft, the Eagles categorized the trade as such:

Browns get 

Eagles get 

2016 1st round pick (8th overall)

2016 1st round pick (2nd overall) 

2016 3rd round pick (77th overall) 

2017 4th round pick 

2016 4th round pick (100th overall) 

2017 1st round pick

2018 2nd round pick

That wasn't necessarily accurate. The Eagles did not receive the Browns' original fourth-round pick. Rather, the Browns agreed to give the Eagles a fourth-round compensatory pick at the tail end of the fourth round if they were awarded one. If they were not awarded a compensatory pick in the fourth round, the Eagles would instead receive a fifth-round pick.

As it turns out, the Browns were awarded two fourth-round comp picks. The Eagles will receive the greater of those two picks, at 139th overall. In other words, the Eagles were guaranteed at least the 145th overall pick in the fifth round, but will now receive 139th-overall pick in the fourth round instead.
That sucks.... I really thought we were getting the browns own 4th rounder which was basically a late 3rd.  Arg.

Deamon said:
Brandon Marshall?
At 33 (in a few weeks), would have to be a very reasonable and team-friendly contract. His 2016 production was about half of what it was in 2015, in one less game, with basically the same Jets team. 

here is a more detailed breakdown: http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-will-receive-browns-fourth-round-compensatory-pick-part-wentz-deal/

When the Eagles traded up from the eighth-overall pick to the second-overall pick in the 2016 draft, the Eagles categorized the trade as such:

Browns get 

Eagles get 

2016 1st round pick (8th overall)

2016 1st round pick (2nd overall) 

2016 3rd round pick (77th overall) 

2017 4th round pick 

2016 4th round pick (100th overall) 

2017 1st round pick

2018 2nd round pick

That wasn't necessarily accurate. The Eagles did not receive the Browns' original fourth-round pick. Rather, the Browns agreed to give the Eagles a fourth-round compensatory pick at the tail end of the fourth round if they were awarded one. If they were not awarded a compensatory pick in the fourth round, the Eagles would instead receive a fifth-round pick.

As it turns out, the Browns were awarded two fourth-round comp picks. The Eagles will receive the greater of those two picks, at 139th overall. In other words, the Eagles were guaranteed at least the 145th overall pick in the fifth round, but will now receive 139th-overall pick in the fourth round instead.
but they can't trade compensatory picks can they?

A 2nd and a player (Kendricks?) for Cooks? I'm listening...

And if the 2nd is next year's? I'm jumping on it.
Cooks would still need to be extended next year though... hopefully he wouldn't bolt for FA after one season of likely big numbers in this offense.

Would you give up this year's 2nd rounder for a guy who might take off after this year? 

I do love the guy though and want him on this team.  Howie can hopefully pull off something good here.

Deamon said:
Brandon Marshall?
I'm intrigued. He shouldn't be much money and if he has a couple decent years left he could be what's Wentz needs. Hell, with his attitude he could be what our WR's need period. 

At 33 (in a few weeks), would have to be a very reasonable and team-friendly contract. His 2016 production was about half of what it was in 2015, in one less game, with basically the same Jets team. 
Kind of - but with far far far worse QB play. Also he hurt his knee early in the season but played through it.

:loco:  you guys are getting silly, but it is fun to play in the rumor mill which is the pre-draft and pre-free agent pool
Unlikely scenario but it is very possible. Cooks is cheap, bring Marshall in on a short deal that will expire when we need to pay Cooks bigger money.

Remember, Eagles would hold the 5th year option on Cooks, too. Salary goes up, but not unreasonable. So at the very least you get him for 2 years if you can't work out a long-term deal. 

Users who are viewing this thread