What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2017 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Parade of Champions Down Broad Street! (3 Viewers)

It's crazy that all 4 NFC division leaders are leading by a pretty large margin, and none of them were supposed to win their divs.  All 4 teams last year finished:  4th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd in their divisions.  Insane.

Ya with no Zeke and no Sherman, that really makes our path easier (not celebrating the injury at all, just stating the fact).  Dallas is the team that scares me the most come playoff time so I'm really hoping they pile up some losses and don't even make it in.  Saints are the only team that are concerning. 

Rams man. Everyone sleeping on them. It's going to be Rams at Eagles for the NFC Championship.

Rams man. Everyone sleeping on them. It's going to be Rams at Eagles for the NFC Championship.
I just can't get behind it.  Maybe (probably) the Rams are better than I think they are but I don't see how a team with a rookie coach takes a team from 4 wins last year to the NFC championship this year.  If McVay takes them from 4 to 11 wins in his first year, he'll win COY in a landslide. 

Sucks we play them in December too.  Imagine the Rams playing Philly in December and in January?  Would be wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Three good ones. :thumbup:  We’re also fans of Scannichio’s, having quite a few family dinners/celebrations there, good stuff.

On a more casual note, ever eat at Stogey Joe’s on Passyunk?? Probably the best stromboli I’ve ever had, and I’ve had quite a few. 

And if any of you haven’t had a Phil’s steak at 22nd and Passyunk then you ain’t living. 
Cool man! I've never eaten at either. Hard to believe for how long I've been down here and I drive by Phil's several times a week. P'unk Burger on Passyunk is really good too. It's hipsteresh with the "locally sourced blah blah" nonsense but it is a damn good burger. I often take my daughter there and then we walk down the street to Philly Flavors and grab a Sunday. Can't beat it!

I just can't get behind it.  Maybe (probably) the Rams are better than I think they are but I don't see how a team with a rookie coach takes a team from 4 wins last year to the NFC championship this year.  If McVay takes them from 4 to 11 wins in his first year, he'll win COY in a landslide. 

Sucks we play them in December too.  Imagine the Rams playing Philly in December and in January?  Would be wild.
I'm by far more worried about the Saints if I had to pick one team. HOF QB, super bowl winning coach, and a resurgent defense and a RB duo that's the best in the league. Kamara might be tough for any group of linebackers. I'm not saying we should be shaking in our boots but they worry me WAAAAYYYYYYYY more than the Rams.

Three good ones. :thumbup:  We’re also fans of Scannichio’s, having quite a few family dinners/celebrations there, good stuff.

On a more casual note, ever eat at Stogey Joe’s on Passyunk?? Probably the best stromboli I’ve ever had, and I’ve had quite a few. 

And if any of you haven’t had a Phil’s steak at 22nd and Passyunk then you ain’t living. 
Take the wife to Scannichio's every year for our anniversary dinner.  BYOB.  She gets the chicken parm and it takes up the entire plate.  Love that place.

I lost Deshaun Watson in my money league, so I'm now riding with Goff the rest of the way. Will gladly finish out of the money if it's because I mushed him and the Rams spiral. 

I lost Deshaun Watson in my money league, so I'm now riding with Goff the rest of the way. Will gladly finish out of the money if it's because I mushed him and the Rams spiral. 
Same here. Except I had Wentz And Watson. Dropped Watson now for Goff. I actually drafted Rodgers and Wentz and traded away Rodgers 2 weeks before the injury. 

I don't think the Eagles will win the rest of their games either. But to finish 10 and 6, they would have to be 2 - 5 from here out. Only way that would happen is if Wentz was injured. I'm thinking they finish 13-3.

Also, lol at saying they're successful because of cutesy gimmicks. They have the best defense in football right now. And with the exception of possibly Brady, the best quarterback play in football. Nothing gimmicky about that. Will the rest of the league catch up? They always do. There are 31 other teams full of professionals and great coaches. Oh, and by the way, to say who else hasn't blown out Denver? No one had ever put up 300 yards against them this season. The Eagles put up more than 400. Must have been a gimmick. LOL
I think even if they lose Wentz they would still win more then 10 you have to think even with Foles they can beat Chicago and NY then they would to win out of 5. If Elliot is done for the year I agree 13-3 if not Im picking 12-4 but I think they could bench player week 17 especially if they beat the Rams. The guy who said 10-6 is just another guys trying to get negative attention probably a cowgirl

I think even if they lose Wentz they would still win more then 10 you have to think even with Foles they can beat Chicago and NY then they would to win out of 5. If Elliot is done for the year I agree 13-3 if not Im picking 12-4 but I think they could bench player week 17 especially if they beat the Rams. The guy who said 10-6 is just another guys trying to get negative attention probably a cowgirl
His profile said he was a GIants fan so it makes sense.  Either way that was a clear troll message and can't believe that many people bit.  No one actually thinks this team is going to win only 10 games.  We do have a pretty tough stretch coming up though.

@ Seattle then @ LA is gonna be tough.  Wonder if we'll just stay out west for the week?

His profile said he was a GIants fan so it makes sense.  Either way that was a clear troll message and can't believe that many people bit.  No one actually thinks this team is going to win only 10 games.  We do have a pretty tough stretch coming up though.

@ Seattle then @ LA is gonna be tough.  Wonder if we'll just stay out west for the week?
Seattle is leaking oil right now.  They will be without Sherman.  They may be without Thomas and Chancellor.  They have a poor OLine.  No running game.  The only thing they have going for them it the game is at their place.  That's going to be an Eagles statement game and a passing of the torch.

Who are we rooting for this week in Vikings/Redskins?  Vikings more a threat to home field, so having a loss there helps.  On the other side, I like seeing the Redskins with a losing record, and they'er at .500 now ...   Think I'm pulling for the Vikes here.

Seattle is leaking oil right now.  They will be without Sherman.  They may be without Thomas and Chancellor.  They have a poor OLine.  No running game.  The only thing they have going for them it the game is at their place.  That's going to be an Eagles statement game and a passing of the torch.
Very well could be.  And I Hope it is.  I can just never count Seattle out, especially in the second half of the season.  They always seem to find a way to win, and that could be a major "we belong' statement game for them too.  Would be very happy to come out of the Sea/LA game 1-1 and come back to play the Giants.   Normally a 3rd game in a row on the road would worry me but thankfully its the Giants.

Who are we rooting for this week in Vikings/Redskins?  Vikings more a threat to home field, so having a loss there helps.  On the other side, I like seeing the Redskins with a losing record, and they'er at .500 now ...   Think I'm pulling for the Vikes here.
Has to be the Skins that we cheer for.  They're 4 games back of us right now... not sure they pose any threat to the div as they'd have to gain 5 games on us to pass us.  WIth 7 games left that's almost impossible.  We'd have to go 2-5 and them 5-2.

We need that home field.  Except maybe a road game in the Minny stadium for the NFCC game wouldn't be that bad of a warm up to get used to the stadium ;)

Yup we stay healthy and play 500 ball and we have a great shot to get home field.  Rams, saints,  Seahawks, and Vikings are all losing more games

The Mexican food down here is phenomenal if you enjoy that cuisine. Have two joints two blocks from my house that are slightly different but phenomenal! Los Gallos and Frida's Cantina. The first is a BYOB with a huge traditional menu and the second has a smaller menu selection but the best tacos I've ever had and has a full bar.
UMMM San Diego Ca. would like a side bar ...lol

yup, they announced it when schedules came out (I guess you don't get local sports radio in Canada :)  ), but they talked about this quite a bit that they are staying out there for the week. Makes a lot of sense, and I would think players don't mind staying on the West Coast in December for a week.

would be a shame for the Eagles to give that one away when Redskins just beat them there

yup, they announced it when schedules came out (I guess you don't get local sports radio in Canada :)  ), but they talked about this quite a bit that they are staying out there for the week. Makes a lot of sense, and I would think players don't mind staying on the West Coast in December for a week.
Haha we get sports radio but I don't listen to it much and it isn't Philly-specific.  I am probably lucky to not be exposed to that stuff from the sound of most of the reviews of it in here all the time!

That's great we're staying out there.  Wonder what city they'll stay in/practice in?  Assuming they'll head south right after Seattle and set up shop in LA for 2 weeks.

What will they do as far as a practice facility when they stay out west?  

It's crazy that all 4 NFC division leaders are leading by a pretty large margin, and none of them were supposed to win their divs.  All 4 teams last year finished:  4th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd in their divisions.  Insane.
This is why I love the NFL. Such parity. Sure you have a few teams who have won the title that are the same but any given year with some solid moves and drafting a team can at least get to the playoffs unless you are run like the Browns. 

Jeff Fisher effect man. Fisher is a .500 coach who road the coattails of Eddie George and Steve McNair. We've seen what he's done with the Rams. Old school tactics don't work anymore. McVay is a new school coach young and up coming. Rams had a talented team but really needed a QB and some offensive playmakers. Always had the D. 

Snotbubbles said:
They got Wilson, Graham and Baldwin and that's it. Their LT is Tobin who we know well enough that Schwartz will be exploiting the weakness there. 

JuniorNB said:
What will they do as far as a practice facility when they stay out west?  
They usually practiced in the city the game was at. I would suspect Stubhub Stadium where the game is or maybe The Coliseum at USC. 

Deamon said:
Has to be the Skins that we cheer for.  They're 4 games back of us right now... not sure they pose any threat to the div as they'd have to gain 5 games on us to pass us.  WIth 7 games left that's almost impossible.  We'd have to go 2-5 and them 5-2.

We need that home field.  Except maybe a road game in the Minny stadium for the NFCC game wouldn't be that bad of a warm up to get used to the stadium ;)
yeah, Skins without a doubt. i'm skeptical of all the wonderful news about Bridgewater, but all the same i would rather they stay out of the way

need2know said:
Yup we stay healthy and play 500 ball and we have a great shot to get home field.  Rams, saints,  Seahawks, and Vikings are all losing more games
If we play .500 ball to close the season that will be a major disappointmen

Looking at the Saints schedule, they could realistically not lose another game. This week at buffalo might be their toughest test and worth that ground game, they are not the track team of old. I see this as good as the Birds will keep the pedal to the metal. But honestly, the character of this team led by Wentz and Doug makes me think we will never have to worry about them smelling themselves. Look how upset they were with their hammering of the 49ers. There is something special about this team. 

Looking at the Saints schedule, they could realistically not lose another game. This week at buffalo might be their toughest test and worth that ground game, they are not the track team of old. I see this as good as the Birds will keep the pedal to the metal. But honestly, the character of this team led by Wentz and Doug makes me think we will never have to worry about them smelling themselves. Look how upset they were with their hammering of the 49ers. There is something special about this team. 
You give them way too much credit.  They will lose some games.  They haven't played a decent qb in a month.

Could see them losing to ATL once, stl, was, car, and buf.  They started the season with mn and ne and lost both of those.  Their best win came at home vs det.  They have beaten up on miami, Chicago, gb, and a horrid bucs team.

I think we find out how good they really are this week with Buffalo.  I think they lose that game.

Happy Sunday Eagles fans.  

Today, we are fans of Buffalo (vs Saints),  Houston (vs Rams),  Atlanta (vs Cowboys), and :sigh:  Washington (vs Vikings).  

Solid chance for 3 of the 4. 

Happy Sunday Eagles fans.  

Today, we are fans of Buffalo (vs Saints),  Houston (vs Rams),  Atlanta (vs Cowboys), and :sigh:  Washington (vs Vikings).  

Solid chance for 3 of the 4. 
Can't we just not watch wash vs Minny? I'll have red zone on anyway.

Can't we just not watch wash vs Minny? I'll have red zone on anyway.
Lol. I hear you. It just doesn't feel natural to root for the Redskins. But with road games coming up for us against Dallas, Seattle, and the Rams, I would like to broaden that one game lead we have for home field advantage in the playoffs.  But I like the way you think. I'm not going to watch that game. Just going to hope for a positive result.

You give them way too much credit.  They will lose some games.  They haven't played a decent qb in a month.

Could see them losing to ATL once, stl, was, car, and buf.  They started the season with mn and ne and lost both of those.  Their best win came at home vs det.  They have beaten up on miami, Chicago, gb, and a horrid bucs team.

I think we find out how good they really are this week with Buffalo.  I think they lose that game.
You watching them today? I'm telling you man, they are formidable. 

I wouldn't want to play them in the dome. I'd be very confident though at the Linc
Ya they look awful in outdoor cold places on the road :loco:

haha but in all honesty they are a great team.  I would not be very confident at the linc.  Still lots of time for things to change though.

Users who are viewing this thread