What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone. (2 Viewers)

Seth Joyner and Clyde Simmons will be inducted into the team HoF. Two hell of players from the Buddy Ryan Defensive era. Join Randall Cunningham Reggie White, Jerome Brown and Eric Allen in the Eagles HoF

Josh sweat is pretty small.
He looked really quick today I thought though. Curious to see how he looks in a year. 

Speaking of, I thought our lines looks really good today and we have a lot of depth on both sides. 

Can we keep 4 RB’? Ajayi, Clement, Sproles (?) and Adams? I thought the 3 that played tonight looked very good. 

Dallas Goedert looked really good I thought too. He had the one bad drop but did a good job across the board tonight. 

The punter had an 81 yard punt that went 70 in the air. Where the hell did this kid come from? 

Sudfield reminds me of a Wentz light. 

Gibson has some serious speed too. 

I was also pretty shocked at how much better Mailata got as the game went on. Also some pretty savvy moves to get a couple offsides penalties
The sack he gave up on his first play wasn't really his fault either. QB is suppose to step into the pocket like Mayock said. Can't blame the kid for his QB making a mistake. Overall he did fairly well albeit against many guys who will be unemployed in less than a month 

Eagles are signing former PSU QB Cristian Hackensh** today. Probably nothing more then a camp arm and probably don't want to put Foles in a bad spot incase he's needed again. Very little chance of making the team. I couldn't stand how overrated so many made this kid and on top of that when Franklin came in and Hack stunk up the place he blamed Franklin. How about getting rid of the ball sooner. James Franklin got way more out of QB's with less talent including Jordan Rodgers playing against some incredible Defenses too boot. 

Eagles are signing former PSU QB Cristian Hackensh** today. Probably nothing more then a camp arm and probably don't want to put Foles in a bad spot incase he's needed again. Very little chance of making the team. I couldn't stand how overrated so many made this kid and on top of that when Franklin came in and Hack stunk up the place he blamed Franklin. How about getting rid of the ball sooner. James Franklin got way more out of QB's with less talent including Jordan Rodgers playing against some incredible Defenses too boot. 
Agree

you know what i am not going to get tired of hearing every home game this year?  When they introduce the team running onto the field before the game as the "World Champion Eagles."  Was at the game Thursday and i almost cried a little when this happened...

personally I think a lot of PSU fans overrate the players. Chris Godwin was a nice player but PSU fans were making him out to be better then he was. Had a buddy when we traded to get Wentz saying he'd rather keep the Picks and take Hackenburg. Seriously? Then when you call him out on it he denies it. Don't get me started on the whole Sandusky thing and people defending Paterno. I've had enough of the PSU blind faithful for yrs. I have a buddy who went up to PSU and drinks the Blue and White Cool aid and it's the most annoying thing ever. When PSU is good might be the most annoying college fanbase in the City maybe just as annoying as the Dallas fans at times. I had friends go to PSU but my Pop-Pop played Football at Temple. I wasn't rooting for TU basketball for a long time after the Cheaney Goon incident but I always had a special place in my heart for the football team. I might be an SEC Florida but it's incredible annoying living up here during College Football season and seeing the B1G crowd act like they are hotsh**. I mean seriously it took Florida and Alabama kicking the living cr*p out of your conference for them to recruit the way the SEC has the type of athletes they take in. I wish I had been legal age to bet in Vegas during the 06 Nat title game with Florida/OSU because I probably would've put all my money I had at that point in HS which was about 3K on Florida beating OSU. I can't remember the spread and usually never bet but was so confident in that game I just laughed off people talking trash on Florida. Probably would've made 5-6 figures in winnings (I don't bet but I remember someone telling me I would've won some nice $$$ either way. This was also when PSU was mediocre and my friend was at PSU and saying how PSU would've beaten Florida. If Florida had played PSU that year just look at the beating they put on Tressel's buckeye's and times it by 100. 

Either way I notice a lot of PSU fans overrate the players. Hackenburg was so bad he once hit two people on the sideline when throwing passes to a receiver. Thats like something out of Longest Yard or whatever. I'm quite happy non the less when I see PSU losing games though. I'm not quite sold on Barkley and maybe that makes me a PSU hater but he was terrible inconsistent to me and I think some of the defenses they said he played against ranked well really didn't play any great RB's up until Barkley at that point. Plus I think College team stat rankings are a bit strange. For example the Big 12 barely plays any defense so those offenses are always gonna be near the top 25. If you have a top 25 defense in that conference you are legit. The SEC use to be known as a Defensive conference (Kind of reminded me of the old NFC East rival battles of 17-13 games etc slug em out games) but now teams are scoring at will there too. Never thought Reggie Bush was a legit RB. Always saw him as a situational match up RB not worth Top 10 pick. The defenses he played against were atrocious. I hate taking hot takes on players just from seeing them a few times or what the media tells me I should think. I was watching FCS games for awhile and accidentally found a North Dakota Game with Wentz. Watched his game and noticed I liked a lot about him. Tuned into to a few more games noticed how he was doing stuff only Peyton Manning was doing. I also noticed the offense he ran was a hybrid with NFL and Spread involved. Watched him the last year and fell in love with him and instantly said this is the Eagles Future QB. This guy is built like Big Ben and Throws like Favre but runs an offense like Peyton. Saw his interviews and realized he seemed like an awesome kid with a head on his shoulders. Not some guy who was cocky wanting the fame. Genuine seemed like he cared how his teammates did. I watch a guy like Cam Newton in College or Baker Mayfield or Johnny Maniziel and my opinion of these guys is well they have some talent but are never gonna be amazing pros. Manziel was never anything special a poor man's Tim Tebow. Mayfield's downfall will be his entitlement if it comes to it. And Cam is too selfish and will do anything at any chance to throw someone under the bus. Today the talking heads were talking about Aaron Rodgers critiquing his WRs. Yeah its a terrible group outside of Randall Cobb and if some guy can't take criticism from a future HoF QB who's one of the only reasons that team is good in spite of their HC and FO year after year then maybe playing football isn't for you. For yrs I've seen people overhype prospects in all of sports. I'm not falling for the tricks anymore especially in the NBA. 

personally I think a lot of PSU fans overrate the players. Chris Godwin was a nice player but PSU fans were making him out to be better then he was. Had a buddy when we traded to get Wentz saying he'd rather keep the Picks and take Hackenburg. Seriously? Then when you call him out on it he denies it. Don't get me started on the whole Sandusky thing and people defending Paterno. I've had enough of the PSU blind faithful for yrs. I have a buddy who went up to PSU and drinks the Blue and White Cool aid and it's the most annoying thing ever. When PSU is good might be the most annoying college fanbase in the City maybe just as annoying as the Dallas fans at times. I had friends go to PSU but my Pop-Pop played Football at Temple. I wasn't rooting for TU basketball for a long time after the Cheaney Goon incident but I always had a special place in my heart for the football team. I might be an SEC Florida but it's incredible annoying living up here during College Football season and seeing the B1G crowd act like they are hotsh**. I mean seriously it took Florida and Alabama kicking the living cr*p out of your conference for them to recruit the way the SEC has the type of athletes they take in. I wish I had been legal age to bet in Vegas during the 06 Nat title game with Florida/OSU because I probably would've put all my money I had at that point in HS which was about 3K on Florida beating OSU. I can't remember the spread and usually never bet but was so confident in that game I just laughed off people talking trash on Florida. Probably would've made 5-6 figures in winnings (I don't bet but I remember someone telling me I would've won some nice $$$ either way. This was also when PSU was mediocre and my friend was at PSU and saying how PSU would've beaten Florida. If Florida had played PSU that year just look at the beating they put on Tressel's buckeye's and times it by 100. 

Either way I notice a lot of PSU fans overrate the players. Hackenburg was so bad he once hit two people on the sideline when throwing passes to a receiver. Thats like something out of Longest Yard or whatever. I'm quite happy non the less when I see PSU losing games though. I'm not quite sold on Barkley and maybe that makes me a PSU hater but he was terrible inconsistent to me and I think some of the defenses they said he played against ranked well really didn't play any great RB's up until Barkley at that point. Plus I think College team stat rankings are a bit strange. For example the Big 12 barely plays any defense so those offenses are always gonna be near the top 25. If you have a top 25 defense in that conference you are legit. The SEC use to be known as a Defensive conference (Kind of reminded me of the old NFC East rival battles of 17-13 games etc slug em out games) but now teams are scoring at will there too. Never thought Reggie Bush was a legit RB. Always saw him as a situational match up RB not worth Top 10 pick. The defenses he played against were atrocious. I hate taking hot takes on players just from seeing them a few times or what the media tells me I should think. I was watching FCS games for awhile and accidentally found a North Dakota Game with Wentz. Watched his game and noticed I liked a lot about him. Tuned into to a few more games noticed how he was doing stuff only Peyton Manning was doing. I also noticed the offense he ran was a hybrid with NFL and Spread involved. Watched him the last year and fell in love with him and instantly said this is the Eagles Future QB. This guy is built like Big Ben and Throws like Favre but runs an offense like Peyton. Saw his interviews and realized he seemed like an awesome kid with a head on his shoulders. Not some guy who was cocky wanting the fame. Genuine seemed like he cared how his teammates did. I watch a guy like Cam Newton in College or Baker Mayfield or Johnny Maniziel and my opinion of these guys is well they have some talent but are never gonna be amazing pros. Manziel was never anything special a poor man's Tim Tebow. Mayfield's downfall will be his entitlement if it comes to it. And Cam is too selfish and will do anything at any chance to throw someone under the bus. Today the talking heads were talking about Aaron Rodgers critiquing his WRs. Yeah its a terrible group outside of Randall Cobb and if some guy can't take criticism from a future HoF QB who's one of the only reasons that team is good in spite of their HC and FO year after year then maybe playing football isn't for you. For yrs I've seen people overhype prospects in all of sports. I'm not falling for the tricks anymore especially in the NBA. 
While typing this out do you actually think anyone reads all of this?

Gibson looks like the biggest improvement (so far) from last year to this.  Kid barely could make a catch last year, this year he's going to get some PT.

Gibson looks like the biggest improvement (so far) from last year to this.  Kid barely could make a catch last year, this year he's going to get some PT.
Was going to say the same. He really took a big step from last year so far and looks to be a lock to make the team. When healthy our WR’s look very strong across the board with a good mixture of bigger guys and some speed. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Was going to say the same. He really took a big step from last year so far and looks to be a lock to make the team. When healthy our WR’s look very strong across the board with a good mixture of bigger guys and some speed. 
How is the WR battle looking?  How many do we keep and who is a lock and who is on the bubble?

Today is say it’s:

Jeffery

Wallace

Agholor

Hollins

Gibson

Those 5 look like locks and no one else has stuck out to me. 
Carter did a decent job, but yeah those are locks now it would seem.  The battle is more like 6th WR vs. 6th CB vs. 5th RB etc. (as generally noted on the broadcast last night)

Carter did a decent job, but yeah those are locks now it would seem.  The battle is more like 6th WR vs. 6th CB vs. 5th RB etc. (as generally noted on the broadcast last night)
Was really hoping Wheaton got in.  Injury has kept him out of some key camp time though.

Celek says playing for Dallas not in his DNA

Count Brent Celek out of ever putting on a Dallas Cowboys uniform. Celek hasn't officially retired from the National Football League, but hasn't taken any offers from any teams since his release from the Philadelphia Eagles in March, won't play for the Dallas Cowboys if they offered him a contract.

Not in his DNA.

"Hell no. Do you think I would play for the Cowboys? Philly is my home," Celek said to Harry Mayes and Jason Myrtetus on 97.5 The Fanatic Friday. "If they offered me 10 million, I still wouldn't go.

"I think I'm leaning more toward retirement. I've had a few offers, but none of them are worth leaving a city that I have been in for 11 years where I won the Super Bowl in my final year. It wouldn't feel right to put another uniform on."

The preseason is here as the Eagles are determined to keep the Vince Lombardi Trophy in Philadelphia! Get set for the most exciting season in Eagles history! Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news throughout this journey -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!

Sounds like Celek would rather play his entire career in an Eagles uniform.

"One day I'll be back with the Eagles in some capacity," Celek said to TMZ Sports in March. "When, who knows? But, I love that organization. I owe it to 'em."

"I love you. I don't think there's anything else to say. What they showed me and hat they loved with their athletes is what I put on the field. I think they appreciate that and I think they showed that. This city really means everything to me. I love this town. It's my home now."

Celek has given everything to the Eagles organization, even when he proved he still can catch the football...but took a role on the team as a blocking tight end to stay on the field. He has 398 catches for 4,998 yards and 31 touchdowns in his career, ranking second in franchise history amongst tight ends in each of those categories.

Celek also played in nine postseason contests and added 27 catches for 257 yards and three touchdowns. In 2009, Celek recorded career highs in receptions (76), receiving yards (971) and receiving touchdowns (eight). His 971 receiving yards that season are the second-most by a tight end in Eagles history, trailing only Pete Retzlaff’s 1,190 receiving yards in 1965.

A leader on and off the field, Celek helped the Eagles reach two NFC Championship Games (2008 and 2017) and capture the first Super Bowl title in team history in Super Bowl LII. Celek was the longest-tenured active professional athlete in Philadelphia.

"Brent Celek defines what it means to be a Philadelphia Eagle," said the Eagles in a statement when he was released. "His dedication to his profession and this organization is unmatched and he will go down as one of the best tight ends in franchise history. Brent embodied the City of Philadelphia’s temperament and character with his toughness and grit. He has been a huge part of everything we have been building over the last decade and it is only fitting that he was able to help us win our first Super Bowl last season. Unfortunately, in this business we are forced to make difficult decisions, especially this time of the year. This one is as tough as they come, but in our eyes, Brent will always be an Eagle."

Celek envisions himself as an Eagle for life, which many Eagles fans would like to see as he appears to close the book on his NFL career. He'll certainly get a loud ovation when he returns to Philadelphia once again, as a Super Bowl champion

Celek says playing for Dallas not in his DNA

Count Brent Celek out of ever putting on a Dallas Cowboys uniform. Celek hasn't officially retired from the National Football League, but hasn't taken any offers from any teams since his release from the Philadelphia Eagles in March, won't play for the Dallas Cowboys if they offered him a contract.

Not in his DNA.

"Hell no. Do you think I would play for the Cowboys? Philly is my home," Celek said to Harry Mayes and Jason Myrtetus on 97.5 The Fanatic Friday. "If they offered me 10 million, I still wouldn't go.

"I think I'm leaning more toward retirement. I've had a few offers, but none of them are worth leaving a city that I have been in for 11 years where I won the Super Bowl in my final year. It wouldn't feel right to put another uniform on."

The preseason is here as the Eagles are determined to keep the Vince Lombardi Trophy in Philadelphia! Get set for the most exciting season in Eagles history! Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news throughout this journey -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!

Sounds like Celek would rather play his entire career in an Eagles uniform.

"One day I'll be back with the Eagles in some capacity," Celek said to TMZ Sports in March. "When, who knows? But, I love that organization. I owe it to 'em."

"I love you. I don't think there's anything else to say. What they showed me and hat they loved with their athletes is what I put on the field. I think they appreciate that and I think they showed that. This city really means everything to me. I love this town. It's my home now."

Celek has given everything to the Eagles organization, even when he proved he still can catch the football...but took a role on the team as a blocking tight end to stay on the field. He has 398 catches for 4,998 yards and 31 touchdowns in his career, ranking second in franchise history amongst tight ends in each of those categories.

Celek also played in nine postseason contests and added 27 catches for 257 yards and three touchdowns. In 2009, Celek recorded career highs in receptions (76), receiving yards (971) and receiving touchdowns (eight). His 971 receiving yards that season are the second-most by a tight end in Eagles history, trailing only Pete Retzlaff’s 1,190 receiving yards in 1965.

A leader on and off the field, Celek helped the Eagles reach two NFC Championship Games (2008 and 2017) and capture the first Super Bowl title in team history in Super Bowl LII. Celek was the longest-tenured active professional athlete in Philadelphia.

"Brent Celek defines what it means to be a Philadelphia Eagle," said the Eagles in a statement when he was released. "His dedication to his profession and this organization is unmatched and he will go down as one of the best tight ends in franchise history. Brent embodied the City of Philadelphia’s temperament and character with his toughness and grit. He has been a huge part of everything we have been building over the last decade and it is only fitting that he was able to help us win our first Super Bowl last season. Unfortunately, in this business we are forced to make difficult decisions, especially this time of the year. This one is as tough as they come, but in our eyes, Brent will always be an Eagle."

Celek envisions himself as an Eagle for life, which many Eagles fans would like to see as he appears to close the book on his NFL career. He'll certainly get a loud ovation when he returns to Philadelphia once again, as a Super Bowl champion
They need to make this guy some kind of assistant tight ends coach asap.

saw this on rotoworld, would love to see a book from this guy on what happened from pre-draft to now:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent DE Marcus Smith is "leaning towards" retirement.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll cited "personal reasons" as the reason for Smith's release last week and now we have a better idea of what he was referring to. Apparently the 26-year-old wasn't fully committed to playing this year. If this it for Smith as a professional football player, the former first-rounder will finish his career with 38 tackles and 6.5 sacks over 43 games for the Philadelphia and Seattle.

saw this on rotoworld, would love to see a book from this guy on what happened from pre-draft to now:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent DE Marcus Smith is "leaning towards" retirement.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll cited "personal reasons" as the reason for Smith's release last week and now we have a better idea of what he was referring to. Apparently the 26-year-old wasn't fully committed to playing this year. If this it for Smith as a professional football player, the former first-rounder will finish his career with 38 tackles and 6.5 sacks over 43 games for the Philadelphia and Seattle.
Why do all our first round picks not want to play football?

Sadly only got one eagle on my fantasy team.  Clement in the last round
:shock: Last round?!?! I'm curious how many teams and rounds. I'm not sure if you live in the Philly area or not, as I could see people sleeping on him outside of the area, but around here I'd think he'd go a lot earlier. 

:shock: Last round?!?! I'm curious how many teams and rounds. I'm not sure if you live in the Philly area or not, as I could see people sleeping on him outside of the area, but around here I'd think he'd go a lot earlier. 
12 teams.  15 rounds.  I live in hsv Al.  Not exactly eagles country.  I think I know 2 other Philly fans here :lol:

12 teams.  15 rounds.  I live in hsv Al.  Not exactly eagles country.  I think I know 2 other Philly fans here :lol:
That makes sense. You got yourself a steal. I'm very high on Clement this year and beyond, but getting him late isn't going to happen I fear. 

Sadly only got one eagle on my fantasy team.  Clement in the last round
I got Wentz/Jeffrey/Goeddert. It's a 2 QB 2 Def/ST start league which I've never played in before. I had the 10th last pick in a snake order draft. Someone grabbed the Eagles D and then someone took LAR 2 picks after that pretty early in the draft. 

Insein said:
Pretty sloppy out there right now. Still preseason so I'm not worried as long as no one gets hurt.
I'm not worried yet. How many of our starters haven't played a down this pre season yet? Also the Eagles and Doug even said this that they aren't running the typical Offense they'd run and game plan with Foles in the pre season Now if the starters come out and are slow weeks 1-2 then I'll start to worry. 

BTW I got an offer in my keeper league today more so spitting out ideas. Not sure where the best place to ask it is? Unless you guys want to give it a shot? If so here's the offer

Guy wants to trade me Dalvin Cook and a high round pick for Melvin Gordon and lower pick of mine. We keep 4 guys yearly. Obviously Gordon will be a bell cow but he's had a few injuries the last two yrs. On the Flip side Cook just tore his knee but is still a rookie. My other backs are nothing to sneeze at Perine, McKinnon, Yeldon Dion Lewis. 

BTW I got an offer in my keeper league today more so spitting out ideas. Not sure where the best place to ask it is? Unless you guys want to give it a shot? If so here's the offer

Guy wants to trade me Dalvin Cook and a high round pick for Melvin Gordon and lower pick of mine. We keep 4 guys yearly. Obviously Gordon will be a bell cow but he's had a few injuries the last two yrs. On the Flip side Cook just tore his knee but is still a rookie. My other backs are nothing to sneeze at Perine, McKinnon, Yeldon Dion Lewis. 
I would keep Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread