What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

In case I get ousted quickly...

QB - Jared Goff & Jameis Winston - Not looking great so far, but the way QB's are dropping, just happy they are upright.  Will Winston play good enough to keep his job?

RB - Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, Duke Johnson, Matt Breida, Devin Singletary - Hoping to get Singletary back before Breida gets hurt.  I have all the confidence Duke will close the gap on the timeshare with Hyde.  If I can get by this week, I may be rolling with 3 RB's in week 4 (Breida on bye).

WR - Julio Jones, Chris Godwin, Tyler Lockett, Larry Fitzgerald, Josh Gordon - Loving the targets for my top 4 in week 2.  Not expecting alot from Gordon; just hoping he stays on the team and has a few boom games.

TE - Evan Engram & Mark Andrews - Really wanted to add Waller, but ran out of dough.  Engram may flirt with top 3 production this year.  Andrews looking like a vital piece to the BAL attack.

K - Daniel Carlson, Austin Seibert, & Matt Gay - They're all still kicking, and that's all that matters

D - NYG & NYJ - I liked their matchups, but wanted a third D (SF)

Not alot of room for error here.  Broke the bank, spending $95 on my trio of Zeke, DJ & Julio (only entry with this combo).  Now all I need is for all my players to stay healthy for 16 weeks, and produce at top levels every week.  That's not too much to ask, is it?

QB - Luck, Newton, Brees, Ben, Darnold, Foles, Manning, Fitzpatrick - that's 25% of the the contest's projected starters who won't be starting week 3, and since Haskins costs more than Keenum, that makes 9 out of 32.  Who will be next?

I'm over 200 points already. Crazy. Still a lot of players left too.

ETA: 207.5 from just the 1 PM games. I don't even think my team is that good, made a few mistakes with the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the 1pm games:

97.80 + (Carson/Conner/Duke - 0.0/1.4/4.4/5.4) + (K Allen/Samuel/McLaurin/Reynolds - 1.40/5.40/12.70/14.40) + (Engram - 5.40/6.00) + (Seibert - 9.3) + (Seattle - 17.0)

Allen, Samuel, Conner, Engram all have started counting though and Carson should count too.  Hopefully it's enough :unsure:

-QG

Sitting in the clubhouse, enjoying a Sapphire and tonic with a score of 228.  Here are my usage stats for the first three weeks:

Lamar Jackson - 2
Daniel Jones - 1 (that's a good $4 spend!)
Tom Brady - 0 (despite a three game total of 93.55)

Dalvin Cook - 3
Frank Gore - 2
Chris Carson - 1
Latavius Murray - 0
Duke Johnson - 0

Julio Jones - 3
Juju Smith-Schuster - 2
Tyler Lockett - 2
Josh Gordon - 2
Deebo Samuel - 1

Darren Waller - 3
Mark Andrews - 2
OJ Howard - 0 (20.3 total points on the season)

Matt Gay - 2
Zane Gonzalez - 1
Daniel Carlson - 0

Arizona - 2
Dallas - 1 (could be Cincy, they tied today)
Cincinnati - 0

My defense stinks.  Three teams, a total of 37 points, or an average of 4 per team.  Hope this doesn't come back to bite me.

See y'all next week!

Usage thru 3:

- QB: Winston, Carr, Jones, 1 time each

- RB: CMC 2, Carson 2, Breida 2, Singletary 1, Duke 0

- WR: Thomas 3, Locket 2, Westbrook 2, Gordon 2, Cobb 1, Enunwa 0 :topcat:

- TE: Engram 3, McDonald 1, Hurst 0

PK: Prater 2, Bullock 1, Succop 0 :topcat:

DEF: Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland 1 time each (unless CLE has a big night)

Kinda interesting, to me anyway. 2 weeks in and I've used every positional player once except Hunter Henry and shady.  Carson, Singletary and Andrews twice. 
Used shady :)  also wentz for the first time. 

Now only H Henry, cowboys defense and prater have been useless

247 in 31st place. I'm strong everywhere except my back up WRs suck a-s-s. If Evans and Julio stay healthy I may be able to stay in it for awhile. WR corps is those two, MVS, JJAW, Boykin, Moncrief (poop), and Trequan Smith. Very strong elsewhere but I don't know if this WR corps can do it.

Not a lot of active players for the contest tomorrow.  The average team only has about 0.64 players going (This does not include any recent signings that may not be reflected in calcomatic)

Chicago:

RB - D Montgomery 1573

DT - Chicago 1008

WR - A Robinson 772

QB - M Trubisky 724

PK - E Pineiro 293

WR - A Miller 292

WR - T Gabriel 218

RB - T Cohen 143

RB - M Davis 109

TE - T Burton 103

Washington:

WR - T McLaurin 387

WR - T Quinn 310

TE - V Davis 198

RB - A Peterson 184

DT - Washington 156

QB - C Keenum 150

WR - P Richardson 138

PK - D Hopkins 130

RB - C Thompson 118

QB - D Haskins 104

-QG

Hell with it i'm dying and riding with some of the big boys this year

QB - Drew Brees - 16
QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 14

RB - Alvin Kamara - 33
RB - Chris Carson - 18
RB - Matt Breida - 9
RB - Devin Singletary - 8
RB - Malcolm Brown - 4

WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - 30
WR - Keenan Allen - 25
WR - Michael Gallup - 10
WR - Josh Gordon - 6
WR - D.J. Chark - 5

TE - Travis Kelce - 29
TE - George Kittle - 25

PK - Mason Crosby - 5
PK - Chris Boswell - 4

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 5
TD - Carolina Panthers - 4
How's that QB position going for you?? 😂

Sitting at 155, but only have Robinson -10.8 points.  Going to be close.  Come on low scores 
Well, I am in a similar situation at 155.7 however .... I got nobody left to go... 

All 6 of my WR combined for < 35 TOTAL!   If not for Winston & Ingram, I would be DONE!... here and now!

Cutoff sits at 150.6.  Good luck to all those near the line.

QB - Goff (2), Winston (1)

RB - Zeke (3), DJ (2), Breida (1), Duke & Singletary (0)

WR - Julio & Fitz (3), Lockett & Gordon (2), Godwin (1)

TE - Engram & Andrews (2)

K - Carlson, Gay, & Seibert (1)

D - NYJ (3), NYG (0)

If not for the Big Ben injury, I would really be loving my squad.  Moncrief was my only glaring swing and miss.

Roethlisberger, Manning, Jones

Kamara, Chubb, Cook, McCoy, Singletary

M. Thomas, Lockett, Moncrief, Deebo Samuel, McLaurin

Kittle, Brate

Haushka, Siebert

Seahawks, Jets

Wow, am I lighting things up this week when I thought I'd be eliminated.

2000th place with 199.02, nobody left from what I can see. 

About to lose one of my three PKs though, as I went bargain and he missed three. 

The four RB strategy works less well when two are hurt (Barkley and Singletary) and one can’t hang onto the football (Sanders). Maybe CMC will go crazy for me the next 6-8 weeks. 

Birdie048 said:
Well, I am in a similar situation at 155.7 however .... I got nobody left to go... 

All 6 of my WR combined for < 35 TOTAL!   If not for Winston & Ingram, I would be DONE!... here and now!
The cut is up to 151.65, good luck to you. I am at 158.95 and need Robinson to score about 3 more points before he starts counting   

I have had two two great weeks and thought I was headed in the right direction, but this week is killing me. If it wasn’t for Jones starting in place of Manning, I would be done. 

Birdie048 said:

The cut line is 154.55, it looks like you survived. Congratulations

Finished 4184th (or thereabouts) in week 3 with 186.40.  Score up.  Ranking down.

Week 3 review and fourth thoughts on my team

QBs - 3 for $32

QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12  5542 roosters  (2 times used)
QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11  2363 (1 time used)
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/6 - $9 1374

Back to earth for Lamar, but all 3 guys in the 20s - a lot to feel good about.

RBs - 5 for $84

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $29  685 roosters (used 2 times)
RB - Josh Jacobs - OAK/6 - $20  1849  (used 1 time)
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18  5391 (used 2 times)
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9  5246 
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8  5023 (used 1 time)

:unsure: Totaled only 13.30 from the position this week.  Singletary hurt ain't helping.  Duke a disappointment to say the least.  Still feel good about Jacobs.  Carson has to cure his fumblitis.  Conner feeling like a differentiating mistake.  Top-20 running backs averaged about 16.5 points in the first 2 weeks.  Need to get closer to that to have a shot.

WRs - 7 for $78

WR - Keenan Allen - LAC/12 - $25  450 roosters (used 3 times)
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $20  1181 (used 1 time)
WR - Curtis Samuel - CAR/7 - $12  2532 (used 2 time)
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/11 - $7  324
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6  7177 (used 2 time)
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/10 - $4  413 (used 3 times)
WR - Josh Reynolds - LAR/9 - $4  230

Ecstastic with this bunch.  Allen has been lights out.  McLovin continues to excel.  Reynolds...well at least he got targeted twice this week.  AJ Brown disappeared this week.  But 5 receivers put up at least a dozen points.  Good stuff. 

TEs - 3 for $35

TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18  1534 roosters (used 2 times)
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9  3896 (used 2 times)
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/5 - $8  110

Andrews was quiet - Gesicki still a non-factor but at least involved.  Engram with another great week and still feel mostly good here.

PK - 3 for $10

PK - Matt Prater - DET/5 - $4  2066 roosters (used 2 times)
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3  1582
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3  1416 (used 1 time)

None of 'em look like they are in danger of losing their job.  Not exactly burning it up so far though.

DEF - 3 for $11

DEF - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/11 - $5  2550 roosters
DEF - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  549
DEF - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3  2172  (used 3 times)

Jets are a spectacular defense....in this format that doesn't punish defenses for giving up points or yardage they truly are a steal this year.  The Jets, Allen, and McLaurin are the only 3 that I've used every week - seems early for the herd to thin there.  Anyway need the Seahawks or Bengals to step up next week. 

So there we are :)

On to week 3 :excited:

-QG

Survive and advance. Down a QB (Brees), RB (Singletary), and WR (Jackson) wasn’t fatal this week thanks to my 3 TEs (Waller, Hooper, Engram). That’s not going to be the case every week tho. 

Prescott with 30 pts was my QB3 this week. I'm averaging over 40 ppg at QB so far.

I have used 19 of my 26 players; the other 7 players ($46) haven't cracked my lineup yet and at least one of those never will ($6 Quincy Enunwa).

2 players have started all 3 games: JuJu Smith-Schuster and Terry McLaurin.

My roster, my writeup, my scoring so far:

Code:
Pos	Player			$$	St	Starter Pts        
QB	Jameis Winston		$13	0	0.00
QB	Dak Prescott		$12	2	82.80
QB	Daniel Jones		$4	1	43.60
RB	Saquon Barkley		$36	2	36.90
RB	Duke Johnson		$9	0	0.00
RB	Matt Breida		$9	2	23.50
RB	Devin Singletary	$8	1	12.30
RB	Frank Gore		$4	2	31.20
WR	JuJu Smith-Schuster	$30	3	44.30
WR	Curtis Samuel		$12	2	30.60
WR	Josh Gordon		$6	1	16.30
WR	Quincy Enunwa		$6	0	0.00
WR	Taylor Gabriel		$5	1	32.20
WR	Terry McLaurin		$4	3	59.70
WR	Chris Conley		$4	1	21.70
TE	Travis Kelce		$29	2	46.60
TE	George Kittle		$25	1	17.40
TE	Chris Herndon		$8	0	0.00
PK	Matt Prater		$4	1	11.80
PK	Matt Gay		$3	1	16.90
PK	Daniel Carlson		$3	0	0.00
PK	Austin Seibert		$3	1	14.10
DT	Detroit Lions		$4	0	0.00
DT	San Francisco 49ers	$3	2	29.00
DT	Cincinnati Bengals	$3	0	0.00
DT	New York Jets		$3	1	17.00
Quarterback, kicker, and defense have been the strengths of my team so far. On the whole, the cheap guys are coming through more than the studs.

It could be a struggle to survive while Barkley is out.

TheWinz said:
824 Barkley owners will be hurting for the next handful of weeks
Yep. But those 26 Gallman owners are set! 

If I hadn't had Tyler lockett I'd be out this week. 

I've used Waller/Mclaurin/Chark/Jets D all three weeks. McCoy could really be big. 

Baker has me worried. Murray not quite hitting on all cylinders. Fournette having no where to run. Duke Johnson was a wasted pick. 

On to the next week. 

Overall contest survival rate is 71.60%

18 players - 3000 - 64.50%

19 players - 1303 - 71.09%

20 players - 1113 - 73.18% 

21 players - 936 - 76.10%

22 players - 775 - 76.43%

23 players - 568 - 79.44%

24 players - 423 - 79.81%

25 players - 266 - 77.10%

26 players - 214 - 85.94%

27 players - 164 - 84.97%

28 players - 98 - 86.73%

29 players - 67 - 78.82%

30 players - 100 - 78.12%

213 this week, but likely in trouble with no TE (Kittle on bye, Andrews might be out?)

Also no Breida and Jets DST)

Here come the Bye's

213 this week, but likely in trouble with no TE (Kittle on bye, Andrews might be out?)

Also no Breida and Jets DST)

Here come the Bye's
Hopefully your WR corps will carry you in week 4.  If Singletary comes back slowly and Duke is getting minimal touches, CMC & Kerryon will have to pull their weight.  Good luck.

D.Watson

D.Jones

Surprise early points from Jones. Makes me feel better about roostering only 2QB.

Zeke

Chubb

Carson

Breida

Glad I took Breida over Duke, even with the RBBC. Worried a bit about Carson fumbles. Happy with 1/2 punch of Zeke/Chubb

Julio

Lockett

Sammy

C. Samuel

T. Quinn

J. Gordon

M. Hardman

I loved Julio’s schedule/dome games. Lockett is paying off. Very happy about Watkins/Hardman KC connection. Should have gone with Scary Terry instead of Quinn, but was worried about amount of time Washington OL would give QB without Trent Williams. Gordon @$6 is on a lot of teams.

Engram

Andrews

Yes, I only have two, but I also avoided Cook/Henry/Njokuieieke

Boswell

Hauschka

Initially was fine with only 2 Kickers, as these two just signed big contracts, but now Pitt O worries me

Seahawks

Jets

Jets are money in the bank. Seattle a waste so far.

Averaging 206 points over the last 3 weeks, do not think I even reached 200 at all last year before losing in week 10. My score has dropped about 12 points a week so far. If I last to week 10 it will be rough with only 3 receivers left, one being Moncrief. Also my RBs are falling off a cliff, with only Cook being good, Kerryon Johnson under performing, Carson under-performing, Brieda not getting enough touches....

TheWinz said:
824 Barkley owners will be hurting for the next handful of weeks
Yup.

In a way though, if I survive, it'll be good. That way if he goes off in the back half when the cutline is super high, I'll have an advantage most won't. The trick will be to survive that long though, with so much of my cap just sitting on the sidelines.

How much cap does everyone have on BYE or possibly out this week?

$25 (Kittle) BYE

$9 (Beida) BYE

$9 (Andrews, possibly out)

$8 (Singletary, possibly out)

$3 (Jets) BYE

=  $37 to $54 ish

5 of 20 players  -YIKES

Users who are viewing this thread