What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (3 Viewers)

Third leg in a row when it was pretty obvious early on who would be eliminated. Ashlie just took too long to make that wreath. Now we have four pretty competent teams. I was originally thinking that Steve & Anna Leigh would make the final but if there is any kind of a footrace, Steve is toast. How many times did you hear Anna Leigh saying "Dad, come on..." as she was running ahead of him.

It looks like they're going to do some kind of Riverdance in Dublin. There has traditionally been a non-elimination leg at four. Could there be a "keep racing" leg in Ireland?
I do wonder if Steve's struggles on foot was foreshadowing.

There are three episodes of Survivor left, which means there should be two episodes of Amazing Race left, thus no non-elimination leg. The final episode of Survivor is always 3 hours long.

It's shaped up as a very competitive final. The struggles that Steve has been showing over the past few legs slowed them down but their inability to self-drive did them in. Joel & Garrett left the first roadblock well after Steve & Anna Leigh but passed them before they even got to Croke Park.

Cory absolutely killed this leg. His Riverdancing skills were amazing. Much better than the Bhavai dance in India. He and his instructor looked so cute together. It should be a good final leg. Three very deserving teams.

The only team that I don’t like a lot is the brothers. They’ve been on the cocky side at times but they’ve done well and work together so well that I’d be happy for them too. Rob and Corey are still my favorites, but all 3 teams are the best teams. Poor Steve finally got to stop. His daughter will not enjoy watching the season. They couldn’t have painted her any worse.

I too would be happy to see any of the final 3 win. They are all good racers and rootable.

I may have said this before, but I'd love to see Anna Leigh on Survivor. I doubt she'd allow herself to be subject to those conditions, though.

I too would be happy to see any of the final 3 win. They are all good racers and rootable.

I may have said this before, but I'd love to see Anna Leigh on Survivor. I doubt she'd allow herself to be subject to those conditions, though.
Eh, I think she’d love being on TV again and not look like she’s trying to kill her dad. She’s also competitive so she’d be fun in challenges and she might be interested in the survivor diet. She’s not bad to look at so I’d love to see her on survivor. It would be good TV.

This was the final 3 I was hoping for. Still rooting for the Idaho guys but will be happy with any of them.
BTW, we only moved to Boise in 2021 but laid back and happy describes most of the people here. It takes a little getting used to coming from NYC but it was something we noticed on our first visit in 2017 and was a big draw to moving here.

Eh, I think she’d love being on TV again and not look like she’s trying to kill her dad. She’s also competitive so she’d be fun in challenges and she might be interested in the survivor diet. She’s not bad to look at so I’d love to see her on survivor. It would be good TV.
Definitely. I just wonder if she's the kind of person who would prefer to be on Big Brother, most of whose contestants are insufferable wannabe influencers.

Definitely. I just wonder if she's the kind of person who would prefer to be on Big Brother, most of whose contestants are insufferable wannabe influencers.
This is a great comment. I can't see her being on Survivor and not looking her absolute best at all times. BB is more up her alley.

This is a great comment. I can't see her being on Survivor and not looking her absolute best at all times. BB is more up her alley.
She would definitely get "island hot." But I doubt she would see it that way.

The only team that I don’t like a lot is the brothers. They’ve been on the cocky side at times but they’ve done well and work together so well that I’d be happy for them too. Rob and Corey are still my favorites, but all 3 teams are the best teams. Poor Steve finally got to stop. His daughter will not enjoy watching the season. They couldn’t have painted her any worse.
Brothers work so well together. Don’t get flustered. Have youth on their side as a team for any physical challenge. Have won so many legs. Don’t see their confidence as being over the top.

See them as the favorites to win. Rob and Corey second and Idaho third. Though Rob and Corey and Idaho are sentimental favorites.

I have no idea how the father/daughter team got that far. They have the navigational skills of three blind mice. Navigation is the one constant over all the shows.

Brothers work so well together. Don’t get flustered. Have youth on their side as a team for any physical challenge. Have won so many legs. Don’t see their confidence as being over the top.

See them as the favorites to win. Rob and Corey second and Idaho third. Though Rob and Corey and Idaho are sentimental favorites.
The thing about the brothers is that they're both so good at a lot of things, so no matter who they choose for a roadblock, it usually goes smoothly. That's not the case for the vast majority of teams.

The thing about the brothers is that they're both so good at a lot of things, so no matter who they choose for a roadblock, it usually goes smoothly. That's not the case for the vast majority of teams.
Very true. Rob and Corey saw their strategy pay off because Corey had to perform the last 2 roadblocks. The Riverdance and Hurling challenges were better suited for him.

ETA - On the other hand Steve having to do the Riverdance and Hurling challenges probably hurt their shot at the final 3. I have to think Anna Leigh would have got the Riverdance finished sooner than her Dad did.

Last edited:
I have no idea how the father/daughter team got that far. They have the navigational skills of three blind mice. Navigation is the one constant over all the shows.
It’s weird. They were the universal best team at the u-turn. After the u-turn they just fell behind.

It’s weird. They were the universal best team at the u-turn. After the u-turn they just fell behind.
Daughter was carrying Dad throughout. Caught up with them as weaker teams were eliminated.

I only started watching this a few shows ago. Paramount has all the seasons available. Do I need to binge for Christmas?

The one episode with the menu road block where the one brother said "I lived in France and speak French" surprised me.
They are definitely multi-talented.

I only started watching this a few shows ago. Paramount has all the seasons available. Do I need to binge for Christmas?
As in previous season?
I started watching in S7 and my wife started around S12 or so. We went back and watched all the older ones. Some really good seasons so I think it's worth watching them all.

Pretty good finale. I was disappointed that Rob & Corey didn't win but can't complain about Greg & John winning. They were consistently the best team for most of the race. I almost expected them to say "Glass blowing and trapeze are a couple of our hobbies." Good win for them. Joel & Garrett were oh so close.

I heard that Anna Leigh is interested in doing either Survivor or The Challenge.

I heard that Anna Leigh is interested in doing either Survivor or The Challenge.
This is good news, she would be entertaining on either/both.

I would have been happy with any of the final 3 winning, and I do think that Greg and John were the best racers and deserved the win. They were just too good at so many things. Despite their struggles with the glass blowing and the stage setup, they breezed through the trapeze because of their athleticism and the final challenge because of John's insanely good memory. And that was the difference.

Garrett and Joel would have won if they hadn't confused the names of two of the prior challenges, and Rob and Corey could have won if they hadn't gotten lost on the way to the final challenge. It was as close a finish as you could have asked for.

Last edited:
Its been a while since we rooted for a team as much as Joel and Garrett. Bummed they couldn't figure out their mistake with the puzzle. I thought they'd have a much tougher time on the trapeze.
Still, happy for any of the 3 teams so it was a good finale.

I haven't been in this thread this season, for some reason, just didn't think about it.
This was a good season. While I was pulling for the dad and son, I can't complain about any of the final three. I don't think there have been so many teams that didn't fight and argue in one season.

All three were fun to watch.

Regarding Anna Leigh, I kept expecting her dad to drop dead while she was yelling at him. (haven't read the whole thread, probably mentioned already)

I haven't been in this thread this season, for some reason, just didn't think about it.
This was a good season. While I was pulling for the dad and son, I can't complain about any of the final three. I don't think there have been so many teams that didn't fight and argue in one season.

Regarding Anna Leigh, I kept expecting her dad to drop dead while she was yelling at him. (haven't read the whole thread, probably mentioned already)
We all had ... thoughts ... about Anna Leigh and Steve.

We all had ... thoughts ... about Anna Leigh and Steve.
Well, maybe not Steve.

nttawwt

The brothers were consistently solid but I keep feeling disappointed in the finale. Always starts off with the same flight and then it’s a one day set of tasks that aren’t really tough so that the final is close.

There’s something not so satisfying when a wrong turn or wrong choice loses the million by a few minutes. Maybe the glass blowing was a little tough but the challenges feel way too easy because they are trying to keep everyone really close. I just wish the finale was like a normal leg or heck maybe even a continuation leg. Something substantial would be better.

I was disappointed that Greg and John won. On paper they were the team that should have won and did. They had an advantage over the other teams due to their physical and mental capabilities. The other teams had either a physical or mental weakness when compared to them.

There’s something not so satisfying when a wrong turn or wrong choice loses the million by a few minutes.
Nah, I think that makes for great television.
The first couple of times it did. Now it just makes for a boring finale. When Phil woke up that gay couple to tell them the race was over was great TV as well. For example, what was the point of the space needle? Walk in a circle talking about the great view. This finale was very meh.

Now that The Amazing Race 35 is over, The Amazing Race 36 is already on CBS's radar. It will premier on March 13. 2024. It is reported that it will again have 90 minute episodes, just like season 35. It has not been reported how many teams will run and whether or not there will be non-elimination legs.

The race will start outside of the U.S. again. This time the starting line is in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Apparently, the Race charter plane may be back meaning no ticket buying and alternate flights drama. The race was filmed between and October and November of 2022.

It looks like the race will be run entirely within South America, similar to the all-Europe race in season 34. Reported stops are Guatape and Medellin, Columbia; Santiago, Chile; Cordoba, Argentina; Montevideo, Uruguay; Bridgetown, Barbados; and Puerto Plata and Rio Yasica, Dominican Republic. The finish line is reported to be Philadelphia.

Now that The Amazing Race 35 is over, The Amazing Race 36 is already on CBS's radar. It will premier on March 13. 2024. It is reported that it will again have 90 minute episodes, just like season 35. It has not been reported how many teams will run and whether or not there will be non-elimination legs.

The race will start outside of the U.S. again. This time the starting line is in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Apparently, the Race charter plane may be back meaning no ticket buying and alternate flights drama. The race was filmed between and October and November of 2022.

It looks like the race will be run entirely within South America, similar to the all-Europe race in season 34. Reported stops are Guatape and Medellin, Columbia; Santiago, Chile; Cordoba, Argentina; Montevideo, Uruguay; Bridgetown, Barbados; and Puerto Plata and Rio Yasica, Dominican Republic. The finish line is reported to be Philadelphia.
This race was designed and shot with 60-minute episodes in mind but will air with 90-minute episodes. (The one that just finished airing was designed and shot for 90-minute episodes.) it will be interesting to see how they fill the time.

Finally watched this last night. Decided that I wanted the father-son duo to win, but perfectly happy with any of the three. I hope the other two teams will be brought back for an all-star season sometime.

When they got to the Space Needle, it seemed like such a boring/obvious Seattle thing to do that I said to Mr. krista, "Oh I bet they'll blow glass and listen to grunge music and make coffee, too." And sure enough, they did two of the three! Funniest moment in my house was when they were at the Showbox for the grunge portion, and Mr. krista exclaimed, "Hey that's where I caught COVID!" (Which he did, sometime last year on our only night out in weeks.)

The first episode of Season 36 is just a few weeks away and there is one team that has been made known. Former NFL player Rod Gardner and his wife, Leticia, are one of the teams. Rod was a star at Clemson before he was selected 15th overall in the 2001 NFL Draft. He played for Washington until 2004, then spent time with the Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, and Kansas City Chiefs before retiring in 2006.

The first episode of Season 36 is just a few weeks away and there is one team that has been made known. Former NFL player Rod Gardner and his wife, Leticia, are one of the teams. Rod was a star at Clemson before he was selected 15th overall in the 2001 NFL Draft. He played for Washington until 2004, then spent time with the Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, and Kansas City Chiefs before retiring in 2006.
He's the third racer known to have been on at least one of my fantasy football teams, after Gary Barnidge and DeAngelo Williams.

Interesting, remember him well. We were living down the road from Washington’s training/practice facilities. Gardner was definitely a disappointment based on where he was drafted and his production considering he was targeted a ton.

The remaining twelve teams that will join the Gardners have been released. They are:

Derek (57, retired chief of police) and Shelisa Williams (55, retired sheriff’s lieutenant)
Married from Alta Loma, Calif.

Danny (27, university resident director) and Angie Butler (55, seventh grade teacher)
Mother and son from San Diego, Calif., and Walla Walla, Wash.

Michelle (39) and Sean Clark (46), owners of Double Dutch Aerobics
Married from East Point, Ga.

Yvonne Chavez (40, global strategy and operations lead) and Melissa Main (38, investigator for U.S. Navy special operations)
Dating from San Diego, Calif.

Sunny Pulver (41) and Bizzy Smith (37), firefighters
Best friends from Edgerton, Wis., and New Berlin, Wis.

Amber Craven (30) and Vinny Cagungun (37), nurse anesthetists
Dating from Englewood, Colo.

Ricky Rotandi (34, preschool teacher) and Cesar Aldrete (34, food stylist)
Dating from New York, N.Y.

Juan Villa (29) and Shane Bilek (29), Air Force pilots
Best friends from Spokane, Wash., and Marine City, Mich.

Anthony (26) and Bailey Smith (26), recruiters
Twin brothers from Clearwater, Fla.

Kishori Turner (26, senior marketing strategist) and Karishma Cordero (22, student)
Cousins from Gaithersburg, Md., and Austin, Texas

Maya (20, student) and Rohan Mody (23, master’s student)
Siblings from Monmouth Junction, N.J.

Chris Foster (60, receptionist) and Mary Cardona-Foster (27, marketing manager)
Father and daughter from Waltham, Mass.

This season (which premieres March 13 on CBS and once again features no non-elimination legs) begins in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, as teams will have to participate in a Mexican rodeo and must lasso their way to the finish line without coming in last. Other tasks this season include paragliding in Colombia and rally car racing in Argentina. The course will also wind its way through two new countries for the show as players will swim through waterfalls in the Dominican Republic while also visiting Barbados.

The remaining twelve teams that will join the Gardners have been released. They are:

Derek (57, retired chief of police) and Shelisa Williams (55, retired sheriff’s lieutenant)
Married from Alta Loma, Calif.

Danny (27, university resident director) and Angie Butler (55, seventh grade teacher)
Mother and son from San Diego, Calif., and Walla Walla, Wash.

Michelle (39) and Sean Clark (46), owners of Double Dutch Aerobics
Married from East Point, Ga.

Yvonne Chavez (40, global strategy and operations lead) and Melissa Main (38, investigator for U.S. Navy special operations)
Dating from San Diego, Calif.

Sunny Pulver (41) and Bizzy Smith (37), firefighters
Best friends from Edgerton, Wis., and New Berlin, Wis.

Amber Craven (30) and Vinny Cagungun (37), nurse anesthetists
Dating from Englewood, Colo.

Ricky Rotandi (34, preschool teacher) and Cesar Aldrete (34, food stylist)
Dating from New York, N.Y.

Juan Villa (29) and Shane Bilek (29), Air Force pilots
Best friends from Spokane, Wash., and Marine City, Mich.

Anthony (26) and Bailey Smith (26), recruiters
Twin brothers from Clearwater, Fla.

Kishori Turner (26, senior marketing strategist) and Karishma Cordero (22, student)
Cousins from Gaithersburg, Md., and Austin, Texas

Maya (20, student) and Rohan Mody (23, master’s student)
Siblings from Monmouth Junction, N.J.

Chris Foster (60, receptionist) and Mary Cardona-Foster (27, marketing manager)
Father and daughter from Waltham, Mass.

This season (which premieres March 13 on CBS and once again features no non-elimination legs) begins in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, as teams will have to participate in a Mexican rodeo and must lasso their way to the finish line without coming in last. Other tasks this season include paragliding in Colombia and rally car racing in Argentina. The course will also wind its way through two new countries for the show as players will swim through waterfalls in the Dominican Republic while also visiting Barbados.
Thanks for the list!

The locations mentioned in the last paragraph don't sound like an all South American edition (Mexico, Dominican Republic, Barbados...)

No bump for the new season?

Lol at the pair that did the Austin Powers car stuck in the alley forward/reverse thing.

Also the pair that wears Covid masks running outside and constantly taking them off and on again :rollseyes:

Lol at the pair that did the Austin Powers car stuck in the alley forward/reverse thing.
As soon as they started getting a decent amount of content in the beginning of the episode, I figured they would be first out. They just fit the profile. And this was before they got lost.

Hard for me to gauge the teams after this episode. Some teams like Rod & Leticia and Juan & Shane seem strong but not all that good at driving. One mis-direction could end them. On the other hand Ricky & Cesar ended up second but don't seem like a very strong team. Chris seems like he's not up to the physical art of the game.

Also the pair that wears Covid masks running outside and constantly taking them off and on again :rollseyes:
The masks were annoying. Regarding the bro and sis who got their car stuck I wondered if the Amazing Race has any sort of Wonderlic test you need to pass before you make it onto the show.

Not backing the car straight up was unamazing.

Also was surprised that the team that finished first didn’t get a prize. Told everyone that they were still racing but then eliminated the last team. Maybe they have a reduced budget and are going cheap.

The masks were annoying. Regarding the bro and sis who got their car stuck I wondered if the Amazing Race has any sort of Wonderlic test you need to pass before you make it onto the show.

Not backing the car straight up was unamazing.

Also was surprised that the team that finished first didn’t get a prize. Told everyone that they were still racing but then eliminated the last team. Maybe they have a reduced budget and are going cheap.
It was just crazy. Just put the car in reverse and backup out of there.

I thought of Austin Powers immediately, too! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread