What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (3 Viewers)

I loved the dad of the dad and daughter team already out of breath and stumbling and struggling with the back pack before they even made it 50 yards from the start :)

Lol at the pair that did the Austin Powers car stuck in the alley forward/reverse thing.
As soon as they started getting a decent amount of content in the beginning of the episode, I figured they would be first out. They just fit the profile. And this was before they got lost.
Told my wife when they showed them the first time that they would be the first ones gone.

Well, that was no surprise. It looked like prior Race visits to Vietnam where the heat is just so high that it drains racers, particularly those not in good shape (like Chris and Angie). Another good episode for Ricky & Cesar although the super leg didn't change positions much except for Amber & Vinny moving up and the Double Dutchs moving down.

Predictable first 2 teams out. I knew that flag challenge would be tough but I expected the balloon one to be a little tougher.
I was saying that the kid should keep painting his mom's face and then he did...lol

Predictable first 2 teams out. I knew that flag challenge would be tough but I expected the balloon one to be a little tougher.
I was saying that the kid should keep painting his mom's face and then he did...lol
Yeah, either the firewomen were just awful at that challenge or the balloon one was way too easy. Before the challenge Phil said they’d have to be careful and showed a balloon popping. It never mattered at all.

This has to be the worst collection of teams ever assembled and it makes the show terrible. There was zero movement in the teams from last week’s end to this week’s. Staying in the exact same area also made it boring.

If it doesn’t change much or get better, I’m not sure If bother watching 90 minute episodes. Ignoring commercial time, that’s 3 hours in one place.

Yeah, either the firewomen were just awful at that challenge or the balloon one was way too easy. Before the challenge Phil said they’d have to be careful and showed a balloon popping. It never mattered at all.

Agreed - these were pretty dumb challenges. When I saw it, I told Mr. krista I'd easily choose the flag one, but i expected the balloon one to be much more physical and that you couldn't let them pop. I would have chosen wrong!

Agreed - these were pretty dumb challenges. When I saw it, I told Mr. krista I'd easily choose the flag one, but i expected the balloon one to be much more physical and that you couldn't let them pop. I would have chosen wrong!
It seemed like finding the balloon vendors was the real challenge, as opposed to performing a great physical feat or preventing them from popping.

I'm color blind, so I would have noped out of the flag challenge even faster than the twins did.

It seemed like finding the balloon vendors was the real challenge, as opposed to performing a great physical feat or preventing them from popping.

I'm color blind, so I would have noped out of the flag challenge even faster than the twins did.
Phil even said on his voice over that they’d have to be careful maneuvering in tight places and they showed a balloon popping. The guy collecting the balloons didn’t give a crap about that. Compared to some challenges where you can’t lose a string or mess up even a little, I thought it was strange that balloons popping meant nothing when they even said something about it.

Also, aside from the two girls, there appeared to be no problem finding the balloon vendors. Only the girl who doesn’t like to read clues had trouble since she was intent on walking a couple miles down the beach to find the purple balloons.

Also, aside from the two girls, there appeared to be no problem finding the balloon vendors. Only the girl who doesn’t like to read clues had trouble since she was intent on walking a couple miles down the beach to find the purple balloons.
Speaking of which, the cousins have gotta be leaving soon, right? They are egregiously bad at reading the clues closely.

Speaking of which, the cousins have gotta be leaving soon, right? They are egregiously bad at reading the clues closely.

They are, but they are MENSA candidates compared to the twin brothers. Dumb as stumps.

I would think so. Them and the mom and son are my two next likely. The mom is a liability just like the dad who just got eliminated but the cousins will absolutely make more mistakes. The one who lost her parents is a liability as well. The older one has to rein her in but there aren’t many terrible teams left. There aren’t any great ones but unless they start making the challenges way harder, their mistakes will be the difference soon.

I’m also thinking the firewomen aren’t there for the long term. I’m sure I’m forgetting someone but I’d pretty much guarantee that the top four teams contain the winning team.

They are, but they are MENSA candidates compared to the twin brothers. Dumb as stumps.
To be honest, as a straight white male, my representation on the show is a wee bit disappointing. Heck, the firewomen are straight and married, yet their kids didn’t think men could be fire fighters? Do they have their husbands balls in jars on the mantle?

I would think so. Them and the mom and son are my two next likely. The mom is a liability just like the dad who just got eliminated but the cousins will absolutely make more mistakes. The one who lost her parents is a liability as well. The older one has to rein her in but there aren’t many terrible teams left. There aren’t any great ones but unless they start making the challenges way harder, their mistakes will be the difference soon.

I’m also thinking the firewomen aren’t there for the long term. I’m sure I’m forgetting someone but I’d pretty much guarantee that the top four teams contain the winning team.

For some reason, I'm not convinced that the top two or three teams are actually winners. Maybe it's because that first superleg didn't have any really challenging tasks so the order of the teams didn't change much. You can see obvious problems with the top two teams in reading directions (Rod & Leticia) and physical endurance (Ricky & Cesar) and the next team is in their 60s. I get a better vibe from Juan & Shane and Yvonne & Melissa for general all around skills. But as noted, no team seems particularly strong this season. I think that the cousins go next.

Bruh..

For some reason, I'm not convinced that the top two or three teams are actually winners. Maybe it's because that first superleg didn't have any really challenging tasks so the order of the teams didn't change much. You can see obvious problems with the top two teams in reading directions (Rod & Leticia) and physical endurance (Ricky & Cesar) and the next team is in their 60s. I get a better vibe from Juan & Shane and Yvonne & Melissa for general all around skills. But as noted, no team seems particularly strong this season. I think that the cousins go next.
Aside from me not including Yvonne & Melissa, who had maybe 60 seconds of total screen time, we are saying the same thing. I think there are so many bad teams that you know will hit issues or make mistakes that the top 4 or maybe 5 have the winners amongst them. Danny and his mom who almost passed out finished 6th and the rest were just bad.

You don't like the Spicoli Twins? I wouldn't be surprised if they had a pizza delivered at the Pit Stop.

At least they know they aren't academically gifted and have the sense to ask for directions. I love the "Super Fans" who don't read the clues or ask the locals where stuff is.

I was a bit surprised that the cousins didn't go but they actually figured out how to cook meat despite not eating it. Still, the twins weren't much different and obviously intellectually challenged as well. This season is starting to look a lot like season 33 where there were a bunch of terrible teams and the lack of having to get airline tickets lead to few changes of position unless a team really screws up. Other than Amber & Vinny moving up the top teams are the same in a slightly different order. Looks like either the double dutch or Angie & Danny go next.

Surprised how good/consistent the boyfriends are. The twins were disappointing, how they couldn’t beat out an old lady taking her time picking coffee beans should haunt them the rest of their days…

"We can't process this, let's do the other detour." "We can't process this, let's go back to the other detour." "We can't process this, let's switch again."

Then why are you on Amazing Race?

"I'm not moving. I'm scared of heights."

Then why are you on Amazing Race?

Just watched. :bowtie:

There are a lot of things about Race that I would love to try. The travel, the navigating maps and foreign languages, and of course the challenges. But with my fear of heights, the possibility that I may have to jump out of a plane or bungee off of a bridge, means I would never even apply.

We always talked about trying to get on the show but only if they go to nice places. :laugh: Plus, we get worn out after a flight to Europe. Not sure how they do it.

The twins were entertaining so I was sorry to see them go. That was a funny challenge watching them. Not really sure who I'm rooting for yet. You would think the Marines would be beasts but they don't seem too bright, at least not in the early going. I like that the son is being really respectful with his mom. They probably won't last too long but at least they are doing their best and he's not complaining. I guess I'll go with Derek and Shelisa

We met Joel and his wife walking around Boise. Only spoke really briefly. My wife said "you were so close!" and he put his two fingers together

I like that the son is being really respectful with his mom. They probably won't last too long but at least they are doing their best and he's not complaining.

He is so kind, as was the daughter in the dad/daughter combo that were eliminated. So refreshing to see how they're treating their parents, especially after that horrible Texas woman and her dad last season.

When did TAR move from Travelocity to Expedia? No more roaming gnomes, I guess.
It was definitely in place last season, which was filmed after this one. So this season may be the first one that was filmed with Expedia as the big sponsor.

My son is bummed that the gnome isn't there anymore.

Just watched. :bowtie:
Bruh…

Surprised how good/consistent the boyfriends are.

Yeah, I'm not going to scroll up, but I feel like people were questioning their fitness, and I'll admit that I silently was, too. To see them beat the other two teams to the top of that hill was amazing. They're a force!
The teams that have a Spanish speaker are going to do well this season. I like the boyfriends.

Surprised how good/consistent the boyfriends are.

Yeah, I'm not going to scroll up, but I feel like people were questioning their fitness, and I'll admit that I silently was, too. To see them beat the other two teams to the top of that hill was amazing. They're a force!
The teams that have a Spanish speaker are going to do well this season. I like the boyfriends.
They didn't seem like the strongest team on paper, but between them, they do everything pretty well. Kind of like the IT technician brothers who won last season.

Despite the Double Dutch team getting the final clue, I'm not sure they ever got any of the statues right. I don't think I've ever seen a team consistently get all the parts of a puzzle completely wrong. Good week for Angie & Danny though.

Maybe it's because I guess I would consider myself fairly decent at rebus puzzles, but that challenge, despite the firewomen performance, seemed inherently way easier and much less time consuming than the breakdancing one. Maybe they had to go farther away to get to it or something to level the playing field, but it seemed like if you were good at that sort of thing, like the nurses and mom/son were, it would take about 5 minutes.

The teams are really starting to divide now. I think that the TAR plane transport is causing a lot of that. They actually aren't even mentioning how they get from place to place. But when there's no way to get an alternate flight, the order doesn't change much. The bottom seems pretty set already. Sunny & Bizzy's luck is going to run out soon, maybe next week. It will be interesting to see who ends up in the final three.

This week I learned that the girlfriends and the firefighters are, wait for it, two different teams. Guess I should have been paying more attention, but every time they've shown these teams until now I thought they were the same. :bag:
So far this is a very unremarkable cast. The hispanic gay guy, the football player and the mother son(mostly the son) are the only ones with any personality. The old couple flashes sometimes. I still barely know any names. 🤷‍♂️

This week I learned that the girlfriends and the firefighters are, wait for it, two different teams. Guess I should have been paying more attention, but every time they've shown these teams until now I thought they were the same. :bag:
We just watched this episode tonight, and after the girlfriends finished the roadblock, I said "they'll obviously do the climbing since they're firefighters and at least one is former military." I didn't realize my mistake until the firefighters finished the roadblock. :laugh:

I'd be shocked if the teams that finished in the top 5 this week aren't the top 5 of the season. They are legions better than the other teams and the season probably won't be very eventful until we get to the final 5.

If Vinny and Danny could race together, they'd be unstoppable. Vinny is amazing at the physical stuff and Danny is amazing at the mental/puzzle stuff. Both are hamstrung by their partners for different reasons but are succeeding despite it.

We just watched this episode tonight, and after the girlfriends finished the roadblock, I said "they'll obviously do the climbing since they're firefighters and at least one is former military." I didn't realize my mistake until the firefighters finished the roadblock. :laugh:

Oh thank god. You are so good at knowing these teams on here and Survivor. Now I feel better. :lol:

Oh thank god. You are so good at knowing these teams on here and Survivor. Now I feel better. :lol:
I've got most of the TAR teams down by now but not girlfriends/firefighters.

For Survivor, I watch/read the pregame content so I know who they all are before the first episode. The premerge is too confusing for me if I don't do that.

I'd be shocked if the teams that finished in the top 5 this week aren't the top 5 of the season. They are legions better than the other teams and the season probably won't be very eventful until we get to the final 5.

If Vinny and Danny could race together, they'd be unstoppable. Vinny is amazing at the physical stuff and Danny is amazing at the mental/puzzle stuff. Both are hamstrung by their partners for different reasons but are succeeding despite it.
Is that son and long haired nurse guy?

Is that son and long haired nurse guy?
Yes.

This cast has been really meh so far. Some OK players but even the “good” teams are very flawed.

This season is extremely boring based on the places they are going. It’s got to be such a huge advantage for the bevy of racers who speak Spanish. They are down to 8 teams out of 13 and they’ve been to 3 Spanish speaking countries. Based on the pattern so far, they might do Chile again and then do Argentina/Brazil. Was this one going to be a Mexico/Latin and South America season? The travel part is usually part of the fun. I’m hoping the dead weight 5 teams being gone will help and I’ll watch till the end but it’s definitely been the worst season in a well entertainment wise.

Was this one going to be a Mexico/Latin and South America season? The travel part is usually part of the fun.
This was filmed when CBS still had pretty strict COVID protocols in place and everyone traveled together on the TAR plane instead of booking their own flights. So it bears more resemblance to TAR 34 and the post-restart portion of TAR 33 than it does to TAR 35, which was filmed later.

Users who are viewing this thread