What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Baltimore Ravens 2012/13 SB Champs Thread *** (3 Viewers)

The transition has come more suddenly and completely than we could have imagined - the Ravens are now an offensive team that will only go as far as Flacco, Rice and the WR/TEs take them. Losing Ray isn't going to be that big a loss, in fact it's going to give them more flexibility in doing things like playing Pollard as a dime LB.

But the loss of Webb is huge. He's their best coverage guy, and also their most consistent source of QB pressure when he blitzes from the slot. Their pass rush is a joke. So is their tackling. With the bye coming up after the game at Houston, they should essentially concede this game, sit out Ngata and any other walking wounded, and focus on the second half of the season.

I can't believe this team is 5-1. Dallas should have beat them, KC would have beat them if they hadn't fumbled first and goal from the 1, New England might have beaten them with that FG call. So now they have a 2.5-game lead in the division (including the head to head win over Cincy), and if Denver can beat SD tonight, the Ravens and Texans will be the only winning teams in the AFC.

Don't hit the panic button on the D just yet. The boyz ran a ton to their left side and up the middle. Getting Sizzle back with solidify the left side and he'll draw a double that will free up other guys. I haven't heard that Ngata's injury is too serious. At this point, losing Ray is not a huge deal on the field. I also see Upshaw improving as the season wears on. We need Cody to get out of his funk though. I think Jimmy Smith is getting better each week and I expect the Ravens D to improve as the season wears on. Don't underestimate the impact of getting Suggs back, it will help in each facet of the D. I look for them to lose in Houston, have their bye, take care of Oakland, and then get rolling for the last 3rd of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't hit the panic button on the D just yet. The boyz ran a ton to their left side and up the middle. Getting Sizzle back with solidify the left side and he'll draw a double that will free up other guys. I haven't heard that Ngata's injury is too serious. At this point, losing Ray is not a huge deal on the field. I also see Upshaw improving as the season wears on. We need Cody to get out of his funk though. I think Jimmy Smith is getting better each week and I expect the Ravens D to improve as the season wears on. Don't underestimate the impact of getting Suggs back, it will help in each facet of the D. I look for them to lose in Houston, have their bye, take care of Oakland, and then get rolling for the last 3rd of the season.
Suggs won't be back until mid November at the earliest.

Suggs won't be back until mid November at the earliest.
Mid-November will be the last 3rd of the season.

I was only listening with one ear, but did I just hear Mort on Mike & Mike say Suggs is playing this Sunday?

I was only listening with one ear, but did I just hear Mort on Mike & Mike say Suggs is playing this Sunday?
If he did, that's obviously a misunderstanding on his part. Harbaugh told the local beat guys yesterday that it won't be until November at the earliest.I run a little contest every year where you submit a fantasy starting lineup every week using any player in the league. But you can only use him once per season. I am anticipating a goodly number of starts for Arian Foster this week. I, alas, did not have the foresight to have him still available to me.

If he did, that's obviously a misunderstanding on his part. Harbaugh told the local beat guys yesterday that it won't be until November at the earliest.I run a little contest every year where you submit a fantasy starting lineup every week using any player in the league. But you can only use him once per season. I am anticipating a goodly number of starts for Arian Foster this week. I, alas, did not have the foresight to have him still available to me.
Hell, go with Ben Tate - should be plenty to go around

:lmao: That's not bad. You should get in the contest next year.

Lord willing and the creek don't rise....National media is hammering the "Suggs is likely playing" drum. They're also saying he's "heavy". I think the Ravens are playing some misdirection here.

Lord willing and the creek don't rise....National media is hammering the "Suggs is likely playing" drum. They're also saying he's "heavy". I think the Ravens are playing some misdirection here.
Surprisingly, to me anyway, he told WBAL radio that it wasn't a sure thing either way for Sunday. Surely he can't be ready yet, can he? I know they're desperate but to risk him this early seems like a mistake.

Surprisingly, to me anyway, he told WBAL radio that it wasn't a sure thing either way for Sunday. Surely he can't be ready yet, can he? I know they're desperate but to risk him this early seems like a mistake.
Agreed. This game isn't a "must win" (at least, not any more than any other random game). Lose, and they're 5-2 - at least one game ahead of everyone not named Houston with a bye coming. Plus, Suggs playing isn't assuring the Ravens of a win anyway.

Agreed. This game isn't a "must win" (at least, not any more than any other random game). Lose, and they're 5-2 - at least one game ahead of everyone not named Houston with a bye coming. Plus, Suggs playing isn't assuring the Ravens of a win anyway.
I actually think they'll play the Texans pretty close -- but ultimately lose. They get up for the good teams on the road, at least in the Harbaugh era, and save their worst performances for the lesser quality teams. But Suggs doesn't much change the probability of a loss Sunday.

Huh - well, that was fun. So where are we here, guys? Pitt, Denver, NE, and Houston are all better than Baltimore at this point, IMO. But the rest of the teams are so schizo that the Ravens may get into the playoffs by default.

Huh - well, that was fun. So where are we here, guys? Pitt, Denver, NE, and Houston are all better than Baltimore at this point, IMO. But the rest of the teams are so schizo that the Ravens may get into the playoffs by default.
Here's where I am - wondering if there's still a place you can bet season over/under totals for the NFL. Because I'm ready to bet a truckload on the Ravens being under 11. Actually, maybe I'll wait until next week, when they'll beat Oakland in a 1 p.m home game before the bottom falls ut.Raiders - W (7-2)@ Pittsburgh - L (7-3)@ San Diego - L (7-4)Maybe this team wins at Washington. Otherwise, I don't see another road win on the schedule. They lost @ Philly, got killed @ Houston, stole one at KC (who might be the NFL's worst team), and got lucky at Cleveland yesterday.Pittsburgh - ?This game is always a war. But with no pass rush and no run defense, I just don't think the Ravens win. If they lose this one, it's 3 straight losses and now it's panic time.@ Washington - I guess I'll say they win, because Washington looks to be melting down. Now they're probably 8-5.And then Denver and the Giants come in and the Manning brothers deal the Ravens back-to-back home losses. Again, I just don't see how they can stop a balanced offensive attack. And both these teams have good pass rushes - which means Flacco starts getting crushed and playing ineffectively.Which gets the Ravens to the final game at Cincy with an 8-7 record, which is what I predicted before the season. Win that one, and they're in as a Wild Card. I think Pittsburgh will roll to the division title. This Ravens team is just not very good. The defense is bottom 10 in the NFL, the offense is good at home, terrible on the road, and very shaky in the face of a good pass rush.

Good assessment, T_M. I can't wait 'til Peyton gets to see the Ravens. With the way our d is getting pushed around on the ground and burned deep in coverage a maestro like Manning will have a field day and I predict at least 40 for the Broncos in that game. It should be ugly.

Even as I watched it happen, I was telling myself that Koch's TD on the fake FG was the high point of the Ravens' season and it's all downhill from here. Now, if Ben can't play, maybe that calculation is off and the Ravens can compete with the Steelers.

Even during the easy win over the Raiders, the secondary was still getting torched. And all I can say about Ed Reed -- if you make DHB look physical and tough, you know you're fragile.

But I was thinking that the @PIT, @SD, PIT stretch was a best-case 1-2, with 0-3 possible. I'm beginning to think 2-1 might be possible. Though I still expect a West Coast spanking, like SD gave Baltimore last year.

They're 7-2 and we're still wondering where two more wins will come from. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Yes, they could easily lose the next 3. They never beat Peyton, and I don't think they will this year, either, but I actually think they can beat little brother here at M&T and beat the Skins 30 miles down the road. But that's about it. :unsure:

They're 7-2 and we're still wondering where two more wins will come from. I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Yes, they could easily lose the next 3. They never beat Peyton, and I don't think they will this year, either, but I actually think they can beat little brother here at M&T and beat the Skins 30 miles down the road. But that's about it. :unsure:
Steelers could very likely be without Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark. My excitement level for this game went from a 10 to 2. No game is a gimme in the NFL but I like the Ravens chances...

They're 7-2 and we're still wondering where two more wins will come from. I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Yes, they could easily lose the next 3. They never beat Peyton, and I don't think they will this year, either, but I actually think they can beat little brother here at M&T and beat the Skins 30 miles down the road. But that's about it. :unsure:
Steelers could very likely be without Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark. My excitement level for this game went from a 10 to 2. No game is a gimme in the NFL but I like the Ravens chances...
You're about the only consistently pessimistic Stiller fan I've ever known. You're more like us. :towelwave:

'roadkill1292 said:
You're about the only consistently pessimistic Stiller fan I've ever known. You're more like us. :towelwave:
No need to get nasty, Roadkill! Way to kick a guy when he is down ;)It is hard to be optimistic this week but I'll still be at the game screaming my lungs out when the Ravens are on offense. This is one of those "expect the worst/hope for the best" situations for Steelers fans.

'roadkill1292 said:
No need to get nasty, Roadkill! Way to kick a guy when he is down ;)It is hard to be optimistic this week but I'll still be at the game screaming my lungs out when the Ravens are on offense. This is one of those "expect the worst/hope for the best" situations for Steelers fans.
Battle of the Pessimists! And we outnumber you! ;)If Tomlin can find a RB with a pulse, you'll probably be fine. The Ravens D is horrid and was before losing Lewis and Webb. Ngata's been hobbled for several weeks (he didn't play last week). Jimmy Smith is always hurt and ain't all that when he plays. And Suggs is still trying to play himself into shape. It's a mess and I wouldn't be surprised if Pees isn't back at DC next year.I was saying to a friend the other day that the Ravens seem to batting an inordinate number of passes down this season. Friend said "yeah, because the DL is getting knocked so far off of the line they turn into cover players" :lmao:

'roadkill1292 said:
Battle of the Pessimists! And we outnumber you! ;)If Tomlin can find a RB with a pulse, you'll probably be fine. The Ravens D is horrid and was before losing Lewis and Webb. Ngata's been hobbled for several weeks (he didn't play last week). Jimmy Smith is always hurt and ain't all that when he plays. And Suggs is still trying to play himself into shape. It's a mess and I wouldn't be surprised if Pees isn't back at DC next year.I was saying to a friend the other day that the Ravens seem to batting an inordinate number of passes down this season. Friend said "yeah, because the DL is getting knocked so far off of the line they turn into cover players" :lmao:

So what are we thinking today? Suggs is clearly not anywhere near 100% but I will still say that giving up Ray Lewis to get Suggs appears to have been the trade of the year. The defense has actually looked halfway decent since Suggs got back, Houston debacle aside. They're finally starting to generate a little pass rush.

I'm surprised at how well the CBs have held up. Almost any team in the NFL, take away 2 of their top 3 CBs and they're trotting CFL-level players out there. Graham was player of the game for Baltimore last night (other than Jones). They've really done a nice job. I'm on the record that the just-announced suspension of Ed Reed might end up being a good thing for the Ravens vs. San Diego. He can't tackle anyone and is very undisciplined, hanging CBs out to dry on deep balls when he tries to jump shallow routes. The defense feels like it's getting better every week right now.

Also, even before last night, Football Outsiders had their special teams listed as one of the Top 10 all time through 10 weeks. They have been extraordinary and it will be interesting to see how they rank after last night's great game (Tucker's missed kick aside).

All of that being said, this team is still very shaky on the road. I like San Diego big-time this week - the Ravens haven't been exactly battle-tested by a lot of the NFL's best QBs. They've played:

Brady

Schaub

Romo

Dalton

Vick

Palmer

Weeden (x 2)

Cassel

Leftwich

Plus San Diego always plays them very tough, they're going to the West Coast following a road Sunday Night game, and there's bound to be a letdown between the two Steeler games. Plus the offense continues to be a horror show on the road.

Best case for the Ravens is they somehow beat Peyton (something they have hardly ever done) at home, get the #2 seed and a home playoff game vs. New England. Then hope Denver knocks off Houston in the other AFC Divisional game and host them for the AFC Championship. They can beat anyone at home. They can lose to anyone on the road (as proven by their 9-6 squeaker vs. the woeful Chiefs).

The playoff loss against the Colts a couple of years ago was one of the most frustrating things I've ever witnessed. They played great defense against a Colts offense near its prime yet again and again Peyton squeezed completions in through the 3-inch windows offered him by really excellent coverage. And of course the lightning fast Colts defense, almost always the worst possible matchup against a bulky Ravens offense geared towards running the ball, shut 'em down on the few possessions Baltimore actually had. A perfect formula at the time and one that few QBs could execute. If he's not the same guy anymore, and it doesn't look like he quite is, they could knock off the Broncos at M&T but danged if he still doesn't worry me more than anyone else this side of Brady and Roethlisberger.

I like their chances against Eli and in the return match against the Stillers. I like 'em against RGIII, too, and I'm hoping that Cincy will have packed it in by the time they get out there. The Bengals have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way, though, and could actually get a stretch run together and be in it in the watered down AFC.

Did y'all know that they're on something like a 13-game winning streak in the division now?

Did y'all know that they're on something like a 13-game winning streak in the division now?
Congrats though last week the Ravens played about as poor a game as I have seen them play in a long time.
Against the Stillers, maybe. They've laid plenty of eggs this year, they've just been fortunate enough to win some of them. There are valid reasons for most observers thinking that they're the weakest of the teams most likely to earn playoff byes.However, I think it's also true that the loaded-with-second-stringer defense is improving as the season progresses. They've been tough to score on recently though, as gb The_Man noted, they haven't exactly faced a Murderer's Row of opposing QBs.

Ravens now have Football Outsiders' all-time #1 special teams ranking at the 11-week mark of a season.

Pretty impressive considering how bad the special teams were last year. Once again, I give Ozzie a ton of credit for how he builds a team. Last year, they tried to save salary cap on special teams by loading it up with a bunch of cheap young players. The Ravens thought these guys would be hungry and perform well on special teams to make it in the NFL.

Instead, most of them thought they were too good for special teams and so didn't commit to playing them well. So this year, the Ravens went out and got a few longtime NFL special teams veterans, who knew their only way to stay in the league was to kick ### on special teams and who are total maniacs about it.

Pretty amazing - especially since you can pretty much attribute the Dallas and Pittsburgh wins to special teams.

I just can't get my head wrapped around the home/away difference in play (though the Ravens didn't play particularly well in home wins against Cleveland or Dallas). You expect some edge playing at home but, with most "good" teams, they will play well on the road even if they lose. The Ravens play just horrid on the road, though. It's painful to watch sometimes, even when they win (KC).

Lose Sunday and somehow get a win vs a Ben-less Pittsburgh, and they're 9-3. That should put them in position to win the division, but I think NE may pass them for the #2.

I just can't get my head wrapped around the home/away difference in play (though the Ravens didn't play particularly well in home wins against Cleveland or Dallas). You expect some edge playing at home but, with most "good" teams, they will play well on the road even if they lose. The Ravens play just horrid on the road, though. It's painful to watch sometimes, even when they win (KC).

Lose Sunday and somehow get a win vs a Ben-less Pittsburgh, and they're 9-3. That should put them in position to win the division, but I think NE may pass them for the #2.
Or Denver. I'm expecting the Broncos to win at Baltimore and end up with the head-to-head tie-breaker over the Ravens.

That was absurd. Although after watching the replay about 1,000 times, I think Rice definitely picked up the needed yardage on 4th and 29. How much more Norv a moment could there be?

Defense played very well. On the one hand, I'm happy to see Ray on the sideline and supporting the team - remember in 2006 when he just disappeared after a hamstring injury ended his season? Disappeared, that is, except to show up on the sideline of a U. of Miami game. But on the other hand, it's impossible to overlook how much better this defense has been playing since his departure - even without Webb. I think Ray is seeing it too - and not loving it, which is why he's now hinting at returning for the Denver game, or for the playoffs. Would hate to see him for Denver, as the thought of him trying to cover Stokley on an underneath crossing route is horrifying.

At this point, the North is pretty much in the bag. But I still feel like they could literally go 5-0 or 0-5 the rest of the way. There's no game on their schedule they couldn't win or couldn't lose.

Last 5 games for each of the division leaders. Assuming all go as expected and they end up as division champs. How's the seeding play out?

NE (8-3): @Miami, Hou, SF, @Jax, Miami

Bal (9-2): Pitt, @Was, Den, NYG, @ Cincy

Hou (10-1): @Ten, @NE, Indy, Minn, @Indy

Den (8-3): TB, @Oak, @Bal, Cle, KC

Denver is a very real threat to win out. Houston, too, if they can win at NE. I think NE wins at least 4 of their 5 (splitting the Hou/SF gauntlet). Ravens, I think are 2-3 at best.

So,

#1. Houston (14-2 or 15-1)

#2. Denver (13-3)

#3. NE (12-4)

#4 Bal (11-5)

Last 5 games for each of the division leaders. Assuming all go as expected and they end up as division champs. How's the seeding play out?NE (8-3): @Miami, Hou, SF, @Jax, MiamiBal (9-2): Pitt, @Was, Den, NYG, @ CincyHou (10-1): @Ten, @NE, Indy, Minn, @IndyDen (8-3): TB, @Oak, @Bal, Cle, KCDenver is a very real threat to win out. Houston, too, if they can win at NE. I think NE wins at least 4 of their 5 (splitting the Hou/SF gauntlet). Ravens, I think are 2-3 at best.So,#1. Houston (14-2 or 15-1)#2. Denver (13-3)#3. NE (12-4)#4 Bal (11-5)
This results looks very reasonable to me, although I think the Pats might win out. Yes, I know they've still got defensive problems, but they've also got Brady and sneaky ol' Bill Belichick and nobody else does.How many games this year have the Ratbirds stolen now? Three at least, right? Dallas, New England, San Diego.

Last 5 games for each of the division leaders. Assuming all go as expected and they end up as division champs. How's the seeding play out?NE (8-3): @Miami, Hou, SF, @Jax, MiamiBal (9-2): Pitt, @Was, Den, NYG, @ CincyHou (10-1): @Ten, @NE, Indy, Minn, @IndyDen (8-3): TB, @Oak, @Bal, Cle, KCDenver is a very real threat to win out. Houston, too, if they can win at NE. I think NE wins at least 4 of their 5 (splitting the Hou/SF gauntlet). Ravens, I think are 2-3 at best.So,#1. Houston (14-2 or 15-1)#2. Denver (13-3)#3. NE (12-4)#4 Bal (11-5)
This results looks very reasonable to me, although I think the Pats might win out. Yes, I know they've still got defensive problems, but they've also got Brady and sneaky ol' Bill Belichick and nobody else does.How many games this year have the Ratbirds stolen now? Three at least, right? Dallas, New England, San Diego.
Kansas City, too

I think the Ravens probably go 3-2. 2-1 at home and 1-1 on the road. If they finish in a 2-way tie with New England, they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. Totally up in the air whether or not they'll beat Denver.I'm beginning to enjoy this season a good deal. Instead of focusing on what the Ravens are not (i.e., a legit Super Bowl contender), I'm focusing on what they are - a very scrappy group that is overcoming significant limitations to do the best they can. I'm actually starting to get a 2012 Orioles vibe from them. You know you've become a spoiled football fan if you can't at least enjoy a 9-2 record a little bit, because the team has looked so erratic in compiling it.They're going to win the division. If they could do that, and then make it to the divisional round for the 5th straight year, I'll be happy with the season. As the 4th best team in the AFC, it would be fitting for them to make it to the AFC's Final Four. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

'The_Man said:
'roadkill1292 said:
I think the Ravens probably go 3-2. 2-1 at home and 1-1 on the road. If they finish in a 2-way tie with New England, they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. Totally up in the air whether or not they'll beat Denver.I'm beginning to enjoy this season a good deal. Instead of focusing on what the Ravens are not (i.e., a legit Super Bowl contender), I'm focusing on what they are - a very scrappy group that is overcoming significant limitations to do the best they can. I'm actually starting to get a 2012 Orioles vibe from them. You know you've become a spoiled football fan if you can't at least enjoy a 9-2 record a little bit, because the team has looked so erratic in compiling it.They're going to win the division. If they could do that, and then make it to the divisional round for the 5th straight year, I'll be happy with the season. As the 4th best team in the AFC, it would be fitting for them to make it to the AFC's Final Four. Anything beyond that would be gravy.
This is a pretty good perspective. Even with their shortcomings, they keep outtoughing teams in the fourth quarter and we should appreciate that.

So has this been a lackluster season or what? No excitement around last week's Steelers game, and I'm hearing none about the Redskins game, other than how awesome RGIII is.

Though I did go on a semi-tirade in the Steelers game thread after Ray Rice went for 34 and 10 yards on his final two carries, then didn't touch the ball again during the game's final 16:52 as Flacco was 3-of-7 and sacked twice, including the play where he coughed up the game-changing fumble.

I think the Ravens go 1-2 over the next 3, and end up winning the North as the #4 seed, even if they lose Week 17 at Cincy.

My family is mostly Redskins fans, accustomed to decades of losing. My mom thought I was teasing her when I said I expected them to beat the Ravens by 15 this week. Sadly, I was not.

Our plucky little band of overachievers have won their last 16 games following a loss. Maybe last week will serve as a wake up call and we honest and godfearing people will not be forced to listen to the demonic crowing of the Snyder sycophants.

How many of those losses have featured moronic Cam Cameron moments, where Rice touches the ball 10 times too few? Because it's only after the backlash that follows such losses that Cameron feels some heat and starts pounding the rock to Rice. I'm hoping that's what happens again this week, but I'm even more worried about the defense than the offense this week. I feel like the Redskins' offense is uniquely poised to take advantage of the defense's poor run tackling and horrific coverage of pass catchers in the middle of the field.

I will genuinely be surprised if there aren't multiple plays where a receiver (and by that I mean an eligible receiver, be it a WR, RB or TE) is running completely uncovered to the point a defender isn't even in the picture.

I agree with the puzzling play-calling by the Ravens on offense but what is up with the pass defense? Batch put up 276 and would have had another 40 to 60 yards if Sanders doesn't fumble and Wallace doesn't drop and easy pass. And that is not counting a couple plays where Batch missed receivers that were wide open.

Was it a function of the game plan or is the Raven's defense that bad?

Ravens' defense has been terrible this year. Ellerbee had been playing pretty well at ILB as Ray's replacement - way better in pass coverage than Ray - but they've been weak across the middle all year. Webb was by far their best CB, and he would play the slot in nickel packages, to cover up some of their weakness inside. Reed continually free-lances trying to score INTs, leaving the middle of the field wide-open, Pollard is a big hitter who can't cover, and the ILBs are terrible in pass coverage.

They had been getting after the QB a little better of late, but when they couldn't get to Batch, you saw how wide-open guys were running down the middle of the field. Griffin is going to destroy them when his play fakes pull up the LBs and/or Pollard and Peyton will pick them apart. I'm thinking a 2-2 finish (with a home win over the Giants and maybe at Cincy in Week 17) is a best-case scenario for this team. I think the Redskins win 31-16 this week.

I think the secondary has actually played pretty well since the bye, which has surprised me in the absence of Webb. The problem is that all too often the pass rush is non-existent and they're forced to cover for terrible lengths of time. Few secondaries will look good when that happens.

Edit to add the flip side, which is that Ratbird receivers are awful at adjusting the patterns and getting open when Joe is able to extend the play. Which isn't often, I grant you. Maybe they're so used to seeing the QB go down in the pocket that they've become accustomed to just giving up on the initial routes. Stillers' receivers don't make this mistake with Ben back there.

Cam Cameron fired.

Wow - that's a surprise. Maybe we will see a lot more no-huddle now?

Very surprising, seems like a non-Harbaugh kind of move. I wonder if the owner forced this move.

What can we expect from Jim Caldwell? Hard to draw a baseline when all's he ever did was stay out of Peyton's way.

A QB coach as the new Offensive Coordinator? Probably more of the same. Throw, Throw, Throw, even though you do not have the QB to do it

This is the most un-Ravenlike thing to have happened in the almost 5 years since Harbaugh arrived, and it's pretty clear the owner's fingerprints are all over it.

Have to admit that worries me. And yet I'm going to look at the bright side, and think back to when Bisciotti decided to fire Billick out of the blue after giving him an extension. He knew there was something rotten in the organization and he moved to fix it. Here's where I hope his professional background in hiring/staffing turns out to have some relevance and there's similar success.

Also, it just occurred to me that Yanda's injury might produce a long-term benefit - put Osemele at Guard, move Oher to Right Tackle, and reinsert McKinnie at LT. It's obvious the line isn't working.

Confetti, I guess, on getting shoved into the playoff by other teams screwing up.

That was a thing of beauty, wasn't it gents?

The defense actually did about as well against Peyton as they've ever done. But their tackling is atrocious.

Onto "The Play"....... I read Harbaugh say that they run that play a lot. Think Denver doesn't know that, John? You have 3 TOs and plenty of time at the 4 yard line. You've finally moved the ball and getting any kind of points there is imperative. I don't think the Ravens would've won no matter what happened there, but that play ended the game.

A few days ago Simmons wrote that Flacco was "submitting the most mundane contract year of all time" and I can't argue much with that. In a league where everyone's roster is pretty much even, the sole determinant more than ever is who lines up under center. That's kind of a game design flaw, which is another discussion, but it doesn't bode well for the home team.

Users who are viewing this thread