What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Bishop Sankey - Best RB in the 2014 Draft (2 Viewers)

I have to admit that I know very little about Mettenberger and his skills as a qb. I was wondering how members of the Shark Pool feel about Sankeys outlook for this week with a new QB under center? I'm inclined to think that it might mean a bigger workload for Sankey--but he could also be going up against a more stacked box as well. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I have to admit that I know very little about Mettenberger and his skills as a qb. I was wondering how members of the Shark Pool feel about Sankeys outlook for this week with a new QB under center? I'm inclined to think that it might mean a bigger workload for Sankey--but he could also be going up against a more stacked box as well. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Not sure how much the Texans can stack the box with their weak secondary facing Justin Hunter. Wright is pretty good as getting open on short plays so he could catch a lot of passes if the Texans blitz a lot.

Not sure how much the Texans can stack the box with their weak secondary facing Justin Hunter. Wright is pretty good as getting open on short plays so he could catch a lot of passes if the Texans blitz a lot.
thanks for the response--your assessment would indicate that sankey could have decently open running lanes--so I'm guessing that you would lean towards a slight uptick in Sankeys outlook for this week?

I just got around to watching was\tex game last week. Sankey made some decent moves on some runs. I'd buy if price was low enough

thanks for the response--your assessment would indicate that sankey could have decently open running lanes--so I'm guessing that you would lean towards a slight uptick in Sankeys outlook for this week?
I'm cautiously optimistic and starting him in two leagues. Hoping he gets used more in the passing game since he's only had one target each of the last three weeks.

The Texans have had trouble stopping the run, but having a QB starting his first NFL game is a wild card. He's a risky option but has good upside if you have limited options this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Greene, McCluster, Washington and Battle could all fall off a cliff and I'd still be hesitant to bump Sankey. [/SIZE]

How good is Sankey at anything?

Amusing Greene gets called plodder with a career 4.1 ypc while Sankey goes 3.44 in 2 plus matchups and a zero in pass game (with an absolutely brutal drop vs. Washington)

How good is Sankey at anything?

Amusing Greene gets called plodder with a career 4.1 ypc while Sankey goes 3.44 in 2 plus matchups and a zero in pass game (with an absolutely brutal drop vs. Washington)
The ball went off his fingertips but he had to leave his feet to even touch it. That was on Whitehurst.

When everyone loses hope on Sankey, he'll become the Fantasy Playoff darling and lead your teams to the promised land ... Or at least one can hope.

Rookie rushing attempts, yards, ypc:

Bell: 244, 860, 3.5

Bernard: 170, 695, 4.1

McCoy: 155, 637, 4.1

Sankey (through 8 games, minimal work through 5 games): 66, 267, 4.0

He hasn't run away with the starting job yet, but if he did he'd be a top 5 (dynasty) fantasy back. Just based on the stats I'd be a bit worried he's not more involved in the passing game but he was a fine pass catcher in college so we know he's capable. The receptions will come as he earns a bigger workload/snapcount.

This year I'm not expecting even strong rb2 numbers but dynasty he's absolutely a hold or buy if his owner is losing faith

cstu said:
Bronco Billy said:
He caught 4 passes, was one yard short of 4.0 YPC, had 9 of the team's 12 carries and the other RB's combined for 0.67 YPC.
I was looking at the remaining schedule, with what he has done or not done and with how bad the team is pick a game where you could actually start him with any confidence? You have to be in bad shape to consider this mess.

cstu said:
Bronco Billy said:
He caught 4 passes, was one yard short of 4.0 YPC, had 9 of the team's 12 carries and the other RB's combined for 0.67 YPC.
You really want to go there? This guy is allegedly a stud RB but had to wait for an injury to a solid but hardly prolific RB before he got his shot at being a bellcow, and when he finally does get his shot has averaged less than 8 FF ppg in a 1 ppr league over the last 3 games.

I'm willing to admit I may have overestimated his ability when I stood by my prediction that he'd be a decent RB2. You may want to take a heavy dose of reality.

The Titans didn't try to run much today. Zach threw short in the first half and didn't air it out some til the second half.

When they did try and run, the Texans were in the backfield. Their DL was "too much" on most of the running plays they ran. Sankey made a few very nice moves to get back to the LOS on doomed handoffs.

In case you missed it, Antonio Andrews was promoted. Supposedly it was between he and backup TE Richard Gordon as to whom would be active. (BTW Gordon did play despite being on inactive list) People here liked this UDFA RB this summer. He was doing well with the scout team and they didn't want to lose him. I expect he could replace Greene if details of the arrest warrant him being cut.

Whisenhunt hasn't been critical of Sankey lately. I thought he's played far smarter, but I do feel like something is coming tomorrow after reviewing the tape.

Leon was the RB on a few third downs where (terrible play call) it was obviously going to the RB.

He did make a simple veteran type play today where he hit two defenders then shifted out to be a dump off guy.

I don't think it was on him today. He did what was asked. The line didn't run block well at all. Still, I feel like Whisenhunt is going to critique something. Leon got the call for a reason.

The problem I saw is that the guy that got arrested for parking in a handicap spot and then fleeing from the ticketing officer still got to start the game. In Whiz's eyes, Greene is still ahead of Sankey.

The problem I saw is that the guy that got arrested for parking in a handicap spot and then fleeing from the ticketing officer still got to start the game. In Whiz's eyes, Greene is still ahead of Sankey.
If you look at the big picture, that has to be Whiz trying to send some kind of message, to someone.

Greene started, got one carry, then didn't touch the ball again the entire game.

As far as what the message is, or who it was intended for, damned if I can figure it out.

If you look at the big picture, that has to be Whiz trying to send some kind of message, to someone.

Greene started, got one carry, then didn't touch the ball again the entire game.

As far as what the message is, or who it was intended for, damned if I can figure it out.
I doubt anyone can, probably part of the reason the Titans suck so bad.

Sankey has 1 of the Titans 18 rushes/targets on 3rd down (Leon Washington has 12 of them).

Until he plays on 3rd downs his upside is limited.

Any hope in redraft? Someone cut him and he cleared waivers so he's free. Just nervous he'd be a wasted roster spot.
A little hope. The Titans are using a one back set as their main formation now, so Sankey will be the main guy. As mentioned, he had a few dump off passes last game. I play only in PPR, so I picked him up this past week in a league where I'm desperate at RB.

Any hope in redraft? Someone cut him and he cleared waivers so he's free. Just nervous he'd be a wasted roster spot.
A little hope. The Titans are using a one back set as their main formation now, so Sankey will be the main guy. As mentioned, he had a few dump off passes last game. I play only in PPR, so I picked him up this past week in a league where I'm desperate at RB.
The Titans preseason plan was to be creative with Taylor Thompson lining up as a fullback some.

WIth he and awesome blocking TE Craig Stevens, geesh they had some size that could motor and block well.

Both of them are on IR now.

Battle has really blossomed the last couple years as a FB. He makes a ton of good smacking blocks.

Mett has been totally fine, but everyone said he's a statue going to get hit with his slow release.

A few weeks in, Whisenhunt praised Battle and threw him a bone giving him some slam your way to a TD carries. He's a fun hard nosed runner but more and more looks like that prototypical FB getting a "thanks for your hard work" token carry and not a RB like he was in KC.

Coffman has had a few good blocks, but Walker has rrrreally nailed some. When he levels someone, the team notices and gets fired up, even whisenhunt has this little fist pump thing as his fist is in front of his mouth. Walker is that guy, this year, the team feeds off.

I don't think they go to a consistently single back backfield. Battle's improvement and Walker's blocks are some of the tiny success they've had this year. I saw it as, we're down, you've got an arm, let's see what you can do rook and they just started firing.

They could and you could be right here. If so, sorry Sankey owners but McCluster is easily the best single back on the roster. In fact, it's become so predictable that he gets the ball when he's in, they almost have to have him in some and not give him the ball.

From rotoworld:

Coach Ken Whisenhunt indicated Shonn Greene will likely continue to play a minimal role in the Titans' offense.

Tennessee is playing three receivers as its base offense, utilizing "11" on 70 percent of its snaps this season. Bishop Sankey is the Titans' primary back in "11" personnel. Greene only gets carries in two-tight end sets. Greene played just two snaps in Week 8, prior to the Titans' Week 9 bye. Nov 5 - 8:20 PM

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

Bishop Sankey - RB - Titans

ESPN's Paul Kuharsky expects the Titans to "lean more" on Bishop Sankey in Sunday's game against the Ravens.

With Baltimore losing Jimmy Smith to I.R. this week, the Titans plan to attack the Ravens' secondary. Sankey plays in all three-wide sets over Shonn Greene, and will get the majority of snaps. The Titans' clear featured back, Sankey is averaging 13 carries over the last four games. Sankey is just an RB3/FLEX against the Ravens' top-ten run defense.

Source: ESPN.com

Nov 8 - 3:37 PM

Still think Antonio Andrews is coming.

He's inactive today, just looked, but he's brought up from the practice squad and done well in practice while the starters aren't getting it done well enough.

Also, IMO, if Leon gets a carry you don't have the coach's confidence. Leon is sure-handed reliable veteran, but very unexciting and nowhere near as fast as he once was.

To reiterate, Sankey needs a 100 yard game soon or I think Andrews muddies these waters.

I've watched him run, and he's looked good at times but you're looking at the following over the past 5 games..

8/27/0 - 3.4YPC

18/61/0 - 3.4YPC

16/56/0 - 3.5YPC

9/35/0 - 3.9YPC

17/58/0 - 3.4YPC

I've watched him run, and he's looked good at times but you're looking at the following over the past 5 games..

8/27/0 - 3.4YPC

18/61/0 - 3.4YPC

16/56/0 - 3.5YPC

9/35/0 - 3.9YPC

17/58/0 - 3.4YPC
How much are teams keying on the run though with a subpar QB play all season?

This O is so bad. Teams don't respect the pass. I think Mettenberger had 6 three and outs in a row. They try to run out of shot gun so much, but teams don't react to the pass because they can't complete any. I actually think Sankey is the only guy that looks decent on Titans during a game. Team is a mess right now. Poorly coached and not getting anything done.

Rotoworld:

Bishop Sankey rushed 17 times for 58 yards and caught three balls for 19 yards in the Titans' Week 10 loss to the Ravens.

Shonn Greene was benched after an early goal-line fumble, and Dexter McCluster suffered a knee injury, never to return. So Sankey was largely an every-down back against Baltimore, and showed some chain-moving ability while handling 20 touches as coach Ken Whisenhunt called a brutally conservative game. Sankey is a solid prospect, but isn't quite as quick as he was billed to be coming out of the University of Washington, and doesn't run with much power. He runs like a less-aggressive Knowshon Moreno. Sankey will continue to be an underwhelming flex option when the Titans take on the Steelers in Week 11.

Nov 9 - 4:20 PM

This O is so bad. Teams don't respect the pass. I think Mettenberger had 6 three and outs in a row. They try to run out of shot gun so much, but teams don't react to the pass because they can't complete any. I actually think Sankey is the only guy that looks decent on Titans during a game. Team is a mess right now. Poorly coached and not getting anything done.
That's absurd.

Sankey hasn't gotten it done and was replaced often by old man Leon who did fine.

Wright does well whenever they give him the rock, most every time.

Walker has been oh so solid this year, excellent at times.

One week people here feared Battle, another week Greene was best since he was with the Jets.

Mettenberger has been outstanding when he's allowed to pass. 220ish in second half last week. Two sweet drives in first Q where the Ravens D did nothing and they had ballpark of 120 to 20 yard advantage.

No way Sankey is only guy that looks decent.

The offensive gameplan is crazy. Don't throw to WRs? What is that? Whisenhunt should be fired and should have been weeks ago. They opened with some creativity and...we all know he has it, so what's with the horrible O that throws dump offs to the RB and 3rd string TE?

That's absurd.

Sankey hasn't gotten it done and was replaced often by old man Leon who did fine.

One week people here feared Battle, another week Greene was best since he was with the Jets.

Mettenberger has been outstanding when he's allowed to pass. 220ish in second half last week. Two sweet drives in first Q where the Ravens D did nothing and they had ballpark of 120 to 20 yard advantage.

The offensive gameplan is crazy. Don't throw to WRs? What is that? Whisenhunt should be fired and should have been weeks ago. They opened with some creativity and...we all know he has it, so what's with the horrible O that throws dump offs to the RB and 3rd string TE?
Leon had one carry for 3 yards and two catches for 12 yards. :confused:

That's absurd.

Mettenberger is not a competent starting NFL QB. He is young and thrust into action but he is a back up calibre talent, who was drafted in the 6th round for this reason, because he lacks what it takes to make it as a starting NFL qb. If a qb ends up making it out of the late rounds it is an anomaly.

Wright has had more than 55 yards ONCE all season. That is terrible. He flashes some move the chains type of talent, but he is someone that you are not building your O around.

Delanie has actually been a decent TE I will give you that.

No rb has done well this year. Don't say Leon or Dex or Greene have been good. THat is not true.

Throw Sankey a rookie RB into this mess and like I said he actually shows up on film as ok. He has a long way to go, but the team is a mess.

That's absurd.

Mettenberger is not a competent starting NFL QB. He is young and thrust into action but he is a back up calibre talent, who was drafted in the 6th round for this reason, because he lacks what it takes to make it as a starting NFL qb. If a qb ends up making it out of the late rounds it is an anomaly.

Wright has had more than 55 yards ONCE all season. That is terrible. He flashes some move the chains type of talent, but he is someone that you are not building your O around.

Delanie has actually been a decent TE I will give you that.

No rb has done well this year. Don't say Leon or Dex or Greene have been good. THat is not true.

Throw Sankey a rookie RB into this mess and like I said he actually shows up on film as ok. He has a long way to go, but the team is a mess.
You said he's the only one that's looked decent for the Titans during a game.

He should've got the goal line carry and a TD that would've salvaged his day but Greene had to ruin it.
I still don't think that was a fumble.

If you are on your back and there's an OL under you, you are as down on the ground as you can be. His body literally twisted 180 degrees from the effort to drive forward. And again, if it was a fumble, then the DL was down in the end zone because he was on the ground too. There's no way he gets up and Hunter has a TD saving tackle at the five-which is how that played out. Greene touched him while on the ground, trying to get the ball back.

That shovel pass was so well designed, I thought they were going left. (This was the last offensive creativity of the day) Sankey certainly could have run that. He could have had two TDs

Anything to see here? Sankey was dropped this week in one of my leagues, and I am really thin at the position.

Not a great stat line, but the Ravens are tough and he did get 17 carries. It looks like they have a favorable schedule moving forward, but I wouldn't expect Sankey to break out now.

Anything to see here? Sankey was dropped this week in one of my leagues, and I am really thin at the position.

Not a great stat line, but the Ravens are tough and he did get 17 carries. It looks like they have a favorable schedule moving forward, but I wouldn't expect Sankey to break out now.
The schedule is good, but he needs to get in the end zone.

Users who are viewing this thread