What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Compass Bowl and FCS Championship Game thread*** (1 Viewer)

They have two TO's... WTF? They could've gotten the ball back with 20 seconds or so
No idea why they didn't use those timeouts....especially since Clemson was celebrating before the game was over.
I didn't understand the TO after the false start when they still had 3 either.

Urban Meyer either has no clue or threw in the towel.
Unbelievable
Apparently the ESPN graphic was wrong ... they only had one timeout left.

Just add that to the list of mayhem.

They have two TO's... WTF? They could've gotten the ball back with 20 seconds or so
No idea why they didn't use those timeouts....especially since Clemson was celebrating before the game was over.
I didn't understand the TO after the false start when they still had 3 either.Urban Meyer either has no clue or threw in the towel.
Unbelievable

That makes sense then... Still don't understand the TO on the 3-13 when they had a false start, the play Boyd threw the pick. Does the clock keep running after a false start? If it does, that appears to be a pretty easy and exploitable loophole.

I didn't understand the TO after the false start when they still had 3 either.Urban Meyer either has no clue or threw in the towel.
Unbelievable

That makes sense then... Still don't understand the TO on the 3-13 when they had a false start, the play Boyd threw the pick. Does the clock keep running after a false start? If it does, that appears to be a pretty easy and exploitable loophole.
10 second run off, ohio st declined

belljr said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Dickie Dunn said:
Slapdash said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Slapdash said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Unbelievable

10 second run off, ohio st declined
Terrible rule then... If the defense needs the time, & the offense runs the play clock down to 1 & false starts, they can cost the defense a TO or an additional 10 seconds. Coaches prob have that as a situational play, a skilled position guy who can see the play clock false start at 1 second.

I need to look this one up tomorrow bc that just doesn't seem right.

Thanks to these two results tonight, I am now in 2nd place in the tournament. But I'm going to need Arkansas State and Vandy to cover, and Auburn to come within 8 points.

Thanks to these two results tonight, I am now in 2nd place in the tournament. But I'm going to need Arkansas State and Vandy to cover, and Auburn to come within 8 points.
Nice job Tim, really rooting for you here.

This proves as far as college football knowledge goes....

Tim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joe T

I think we knew this already though, but confirmation is always nice. :thumbup:

Romofan said:
The officiating ruined this game.
Hell yes it ruined the game. Who wants officials to get it right? Thank God for booth review or they might have got some of those calls wrong.

MIZ.....ZOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Christo said:
Brady Marino said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Punch it in Pokes.
Isn't it sacrilege for an OU fan to cheer OSU?
No. It's sacrilege for an OSU fan to cheer OU.
I cheered for OU last night. Hearing boomer sooner always makes it tough, but combining it with the stunned Bama fan faces worked for me. Well done and congrats. Wish we could have kept it going tonight.

Random observations from the Cotton Bowl...

- I still have no idea how that pick six wasn't even a pick. I saw the ref throw the flag and assumed it was a block in the back or something just based on the timing. The replay on Jerry's vidja board didn't show any contact. I guess it happened earlier maybe? Link to a replay?

- Chelf was awful until late. He missed badly on throws he normally makes.

- Is Franklin always this bad? Jesus.

- Those two were mostly to blame for the game lasting 18 hours or so.

- Big Ten refs weren't ready for prime time. I don't think I have ever seen that many calls overturned. PI is always tough, general confusion regarding the clock and down is tougher to explain. Maybe the no-huddle had them frazzled?

- Both teams should have ran more. Not doing so helped the defenses look decent for three quarters.

- Jerry World sucks as a home venue but is perfect for stuff like this.

- Mizzou fans jumping on the SECSEC chant is kinda disappointing. I enjoyed seeing the Big 12 teams doing well in the almighty SEC. But I guess they want to fit in with the rest of the douches now. Oh well.

- it's 2am and I'm kinda drunk

BigJohn said:
I'm thinking the punishment miller took seals his decision to go pro.
Running back?

He's like a 6th round pick, tops. He's not going anywhere.
:goodposting: This guy has little future as a QB in the NFL. Ironically, he looks like a more athletic Tebow. Hopefully he isn't as stubborn about playing QB or his stay in the NFL will be just as brief.

Christo said:
Brady Marino said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Punch it in Pokes.
Isn't it sacrilege for an OU fan to cheer OSU?
No. It's sacrilege for an OSU fan to cheer OU.
I cheered for OU last night. Hearing boomer sooner always makes it tough, but combining it with the stunned Bama fan faces worked for me.Well done and congrats. Wish we could have kept it going tonight.
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread