What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (2 Viewers)

A defense going against Cutler should automatically be considered top 5, IMO. He's good for 2 turnovers at a minimum, and the way that offense looks, pts against isn't much of a concern, until garbage time that is. Detroit's offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either, so maybe there won't be garbage time for smokin' Jay this week either.

Anyone really confident in Carolina? I'm rolling the dice. Can Johnny football really turn it around in 1 game? I don't think so...

I picked up Carolina to cover Buffalo's week 15 matchup, so now I have both. Am very torn but am leaning Buffalo at this point.

Starting the Rams in 3 leagues, but I'm strongly considering other options. OBJ doesn't scare me as much as the Rams offense does. We all saw last week what can happen to a good defense, when their offense can't move the ball or convert first downs. It takes its toll, over the course of a game. The Giants defense is playing well (relatively speaking, compared to the beginning of the year), and I could see another scenario where the Rams offense struggles. Add to that the fact that Manning-Beckham have been nearly unstoppable for the better part of two months, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Giants win this game, or at least keep it close.

On the other hand, prior to last week, the Rams were playing really well, particularly the defense. And, although the Giants defense is playing well, they're no Arizona. So, I'll probably stick with the Rams.

I have Philly as my 2nd option in one league, and Houston in the other two. Don't love either of those matchups, either, but they're decent enough to make me think twice about it.

I've been using Buffalo since ~ Week 7, but have been adding/dropping other popular streaming options a week in advance purely to block other owners that wait until the week of to try and add defenses. Grabbed an extra this week, and now I have tough choices in Week 16:

Buffalo (@ Raiders)

GB (@ Bucs)

NE (@ Jets)

Owning the Detroit Lions: :cool:

Owning the Detroit Lions after it's announced Jimmy Claussen will start in place of Jay Cutler for the Week 16 Championship: :tebow: :moneybag: :hifive: :bowtie: :drive: :towelwave: :excited: :jawdrop: :P :wub: :football: :headbang: :clap: :suds:

If I owned the Lions DST, I think I'd prefer that Cutler be the starter. Clausen may just make fewer mistakes than Cutler most definitely would have.

managed to snag the bills with my last bit of FA $. it was a strategic move, if nothing else.

now the problem is balt, ten or buf....

I've done well all year streaming, so thanks to everyone on the board. :thanks:

I've been playing everyone against Jacksonville this year until now.

This week I have SEA at AZ and Baltimore at Houston.

Right now I have SEA in but Balt looks very strong against a 3rd string QB.

You do realize Seattle is facing a 3rd stringer too?

rolling with Carolina at home. I feel mr football will be just as rusty as last week especially for a away game

I am in a bad spot. Who would you choose?

Arizona at home against Seatle.

Miami at home against the Vikings
I think I would go with Miami. Arizona's biggest problem with Seattle will be Wilson's ability to move; this, to me, means less of the fumble/sack/int variety of thing that generates D/ST points.

I think I would go with Miami. Arizona's biggest problem with Seattle will be Wilson's ability to move; this, to me, means less of the fumble/sack/int variety of thing that generates D/ST points.
Do you feel the same with Manziel running around?
Yes because, clearly, Manzeil and Wilson are just about equal.

Do you feel the same with Manziel running around?
Yes because, clearly, Manzeil and Wilson are just about equal.
They sacked Wilson 7 times last time they played in week 10 or 11. Now they are at home.

Bumping this up for TNF.

Can't decide between TEN v. JAX or STL v. NYG.

Last time TEN played JAX in my league they had 16 points which is acceptable but I also hate TNF. As of writing this Blake Bortles (foot) is questionable but I think he starts over Henne.

STL's offense is terrible so the STL defense will be on the field a lot. Though they are well rested because they played last Thursday....

Bumping this up for TNF.

Last time TEN played JAX in my league they had 16 points which is acceptable but I also hate TNF. As of writing this Blake Bortles (foot) is questionable but I think he starts over Henne.

STL's offense is terrible so the STL defense will be on the field a lot. Though they are well rested because they played last Thursday....
Henne can surprise and isn't an automatic downgrade at qb.

You do realize Seattle is facing a 3rd stringer too?
Yes, I do. I'm keeping SEA in my lineup.

AZ has less offense than Houston IMO. Houston will try to pound Foster a lot to compensate.

AZ doesn't have that type of back to slow SEA down.

Just glad I have these types of decisions CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK !!!

Where do we rank Green Bay in the mix? On the road vs Tampa
Martin's gonna run wild in an upset.

Shoot, sorry, thought this the FFA Dream Interpretation thread. Their m.o. The last few months has been VJax getting yardage & Evans the TDs. Haven't crunched the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs don't give up many FF points to DSTs. Plus - probably means nothing other than a small sample size - Rodgers has a history of struggling in Tampa.

Why Pats over The Ravens?

I have both, but shouldn't the Ravens be the better play? They're starting Keenum or Lewis who neither have taken a snap all season?

Why Pats over The Ravens?

I have both, but shouldn't the Ravens be the better play? They're starting Keenum or Lewis who neither have taken a snap all season?
Pats should cream the Jets and that bodes well for DST points. I think Houston's defense will make it close enough that they can be conservative with their QB.

I think Phil is a good play. I'm going with Balt because they're the obit legitimate option. I feel a little more optimistic now that Houston is on their 3rd QB

Here's a really tough one. Would love to hear what others think:

Buffalo @ Oak

SEA @ ARI

BAL @ HOU

I can decide between any of above away teams.

Nobody likes philly vs was? Everyone was streaming the giants vs them last week
I wouldn't think of Philly as a streaming D at this point. I think they are a solid play in terms of sacks, turnovers and TD potential. I do think Washington will put up yards and points though.

I don't have a lot of options, Pats vs Giants in one league and Pats vs Carolina in the other. I decided on all Pats when I was still alive in all 3 leagues last week and it worked out. The Pats are a great play if they can jump out to a big league, they tend to pile up points in the second halves when they have leads. It is when their O starts out flat that other teams can run a little bit more that causes issues. The Jets ran the heck out of them last time (but so did Miami in week 1 and that changed last week), but I think the Pats are in a better place offense wise now.

Bumping this up for TNF.

Hope you went with STL. TEN was a bust last night.

Buffalo @ Oak

SEA @ ARI

BAL @ HOU

Yeah those are probably the top 3 plays this week. Id rank them SEA, BUF, BAL in that order.
Agreed, good order.
My big concern is ARI game plan tends to be so conservative even with bad QBs that they don't tend to give up many FPs to DSTs. Carr seems to play better at home. Keenum was a train wreck towards end of last year so I've been leaning BAL but honestly I'll probably flip a 3 sided coin. Thanks for feedback.

Bumping this up for TNF.

Hope you went with STL. TEN was a bust last night.
Nope I started TEN. I think that was JAC's "worst" showing against a defense this season for streaming purposes. If I lose it'll likely be for other reasons though not because of my defense. Good luck to everyone else streaming.

Buffalo @ Oak

SEA @ ARI

BAL @ HOU

I feel all 3 are excellent options. I think I'd go (in order) Buffalo, Baltimore then Seattle. I like Buffalo over Seattle due to their (imo) being a more "big play" D/ST (meaning I feel they get more sacks/picks/special team TDs. I like Baltimore over Seattle for the same reason. If the league *just* rewards holding the other team to limited yardage/points, I'd bump Seattle.

I hoarded defenses the last 3 weeks because the rest of my lineup was pretty much set and had room to get rid of bench players. Now the delima...

New England

Baltimore

St. Louis

All have decent match-ups but nothing that really stands out and says START ME. Just know i will pick the wrong one and the other will go off. RIght now have New England plugged in but second guessing sitting Baltimore...

I hoarded defenses the last 3 weeks because the rest of my lineup was pretty much set and had room to get rid of bench players. Now the delima...

New England

Baltimore

St. Louis

All have decent match-ups but nothing that really stands out and says START ME. Just know i will pick the wrong one and the other will go off. RIght now have New England plugged in but second guessing sitting Baltimore...
I've had to decide between Baltimore and StL and chose Baltimore. Case Keenum isn't terrible but the dude just signed a week ago. I know he played with them last year but there is no way that there aren't some chemistry/timing/rust issues. Baltimore D scored a TD last week so I assume an INT or two is in order. StL has been pretty good but with Eli and the Giants you never know who is going to show up. At times they look like a reasonable team so they can put up points on occasion. I don't know the official breakdown but from what I gather the Baltimore game is more of a must win for playoff implications as well. Just some thoughts on why I chose BAL this week. Good luck.

Buffalo @ Oak

SEA @ ARI

BAL @ HOU

I feel all 3 are excellent options. I think I'd go (in order) Buffalo, Baltimore then Seattle. I like Buffalo over Seattle due to their (imo) being a more "big play" D/ST (meaning I feel they get more sacks/picks/special team TDs. I like Baltimore over Seattle for the same reason. If the league *just* rewards holding the other team to limited yardage/points, I'd bump Seattle.
I know Buffalo def is really good and effectively shut down two great QBs the last two weeks but Ryan Lindley is the worst QB Ive ever seen and their RB is a practice squad schlub. They are the #1 play IMO this week.

Anyone else thinking about rolling with the Broncos? Andy Dalton and the Bengals are usually pretty awful in their primetime games. And I'm not just talking about their blowout losses this year against New England and the Browns, they've been bad in primetime games for years and years. This season the Pats allowed 17 points, had 3 fumbles recovered, 1 sack and a TD against the Bengals. The Browns shut out the Bengals and had 1 int and 2 sacks. I'm probably starting the Broncos over the Panthers and the Texans this week.

Plus you get the added drama of having your championship decided on Monday night.

Whaddya got this week? Is Bloom really ignoring week 17? Disappointed he didn't do his waiver report or his streaming D column. There are only 17 weeks of competition...you have to take time off? Seriously?!

Whaddya got this week? Is Bloom really ignoring week 17? Disappointed he didn't do his waiver report or his streaming D column. There are only 17 weeks of competition...you have to take time off? Seriously?!
im doing projections and tiers. No waiver report, upgrade downgrade, streaming D. Hard to make confident calls about this week...

(SEA, HOU, DEN) BAL, SF, GB, MIN, PIT, ATL/CAR best plays this week

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread