What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I'm not sure what you mean here. Trump winning in '16 fills you with confidence re: '20?
The lack of awareness of the quality of your candidate. 2016 all over again. Same result. Trump winning and brainwashed 20 somethings crying on national tv.  With the occasional crazy leftist screaming at the sky thrown in for humor. 

Dems won a Senate seat in AZ last year and the GOP is running the same candidate who lost that race. 538 is rating the Maine race dead even in a blue leaning state.
I think Kelly wins that AZ Senate seat.  Very strong bio, and outraised McSally the past three months.  Would this be a first for AZ if both senates seats were blue?

This is a great point actually. Let me ask you guys this, how many people can point out Ukraine on a map without google or Wikipedia? 20%? 25% maybe? It’s actually hilarious this is the hill Democrats are willing to die on. 
You have repeated this a couple of times. Why does it matter what country it was in?

You are completely missing the point.

This is a great point actually. Let me ask you guys this, how many people can point out Ukraine on a map without google or Wikipedia? 20%? 25% maybe? It’s actually hilarious this is the hill Democrats are willing to die on. 
Die on? :lmao:

Sorry to burst your bubble. The public hearings are going to be absolutely disastrous for Trump. I mean it's going to be awful.  So let me lay it out for you. The Democrats aren't in any trouble at all. The Republicans, on the other hand, are going to be left with two very unfortunate choices:

1. They can vote to convict Trump, in which case their base will revolt (doubt this will happen) OR

2. They can vote to acquit Trump, in which case the public is going to punish them severely at the ballot box. They're going to get smoked; so will Trump. It won't be pretty.

A lot of senators know this already. McConnell knows it. This is the moment the GOP has been dreading ever since Trump won the nomination (actually long before that, ever since the Tea Party emerged)- where they would have to choose between their base and the public at large. They're going to choose their base, and they're going to lose their shirts.

The lack of awareness of the quality of your candidate. 2016 all over again. Same result. Trump winning and brainwashed 20 somethings crying on national tv.  With the occasional crazy leftist screaming at the sky thrown in for humor. 
A lot of independents voted for Trump because they didn't like Hillary. He's doing his best to chase every single one of them away from making the same mistake in 2020.

Ok. Looks like I get to enjoy another round of video montages from election night of shocked and saddened Democrats. Don’t say I didn’t warn you because if you think anyone from the current crop is electable you are part of the problem that is the Democratic Party. . 
How does this address anything I just posted?

How are they not electable?  What qualities do they lack?  How are any of them worse than Donald Trump or less qualified?

Sorry to burst your bubble. The public hearings are going to be absolutely disastrous for Trump. I mean it's going to be awful.  So let me lay it out for you. The Democrats aren't in any trouble at all. The Republicans, on the other hand, are going to be left with two very unfortunate choices:

1. They can vote to convict Trump, in which case their base will revolt (doubt this will happen) OR

2. They can vote to acquit Trump, in which case the public is going to punish them severely at the ballot box. They're going to get smoked; so will Trump. It won't be pretty.

A lot of senators know this already. McConnell knows it. This is the moment the GOP has been dreading ever since Trump won the nomination (actually long before that, ever since the Tea Party emerged)- where they would have to choose between their base and the public at large. They're going to choose their base, and they're going to lose their shirts.
The GOP can survive it if the line holds in the swing states.  They are going to spend a ton of money on messaging there.  And, as SF has pointed out, the Dems are taking a risk by pulling the trigger without compelling the big guns to testify.  Those in the middle who are happy with their own lives because of the strong economy may wiggle of the moral hook by saying there is no direct evidence from someone saying they heard Trump demand the QPQ.

The fact that most of the country gets it won't matter specifically for 2020.  And as much as I can't stand the guy,  Mitch McConnell knows what he is doing.  He'll have a plan.

Seems black people are again working at record numbers. Now imagine if trump wasn’t a racist just how well they’d be doing. 

The racist Trump has more black people working than Saint Obama. How does that happen?
Great news that the unemployment rate has dropped for any group of people.  

Of course under Trump the rate has dropped less than 3%  (Feb 2017 = 8%.....October 2019 = 5.4%)

Under Obama it dropped from 13.7% to 8%.  

The GOP can survive it if the line holds in the swing states.  They are going to spend a ton of money on messaging there.  And, as SF has pointed out, the Dems are taking a risk by pulling the trigger without compelling the big guns to testify.  Those in the middle who are happy with their own lives because of the strong economy may wiggle of the moral hook by saying there is no direct evidence from someone saying they heard Trump demand the QPQ.

The fact that most of the country gets it won't matter specifically for 2020.  And as much as I can't stand the guy,  Mitch McConnell knows what he is doing.  He'll have a plan.
The swing states are a problem for Democrats right now. They won't be after the public hearings.

People keep telling me I put way too much stock in the public hearings. I don't think anyone puts enough stock in them.

The swing states are a problem for Democrats right now. They won't be after the public hearings.

People keep telling me I put way too much stock in the public hearings. I don't think anyone puts enough stock in them.
Do you think there's any analogous relationship between the Kavanaugh hearings and these potential impeachment hearings?

I know polling has suggested Trump is unpopular in most of these swing states.  That must mean that there is a sizable group of people who don't like Trump but don't support impeachment.  I would agree with you that public hearings could move those people.  (I still don't think they'll move Trump supporters in any sizable way.)

The problem is no one will listen directly to the hearings. They’ll be told what to believe (with selective sound bites chosen) by their favorite media outlet/propagandist. 

I wasn’t alive during Watergate but from the clips/documentaries I’ve seen people watched the actual hearings as appointment viewing without spin. 

Amazing that people are giving money to this grifter, who is using the office of president to enrich himself and his family.   

I think we're on track to reach Peak Hypocrisy® by the end of the month.

The problem is no one will listen directly to the hearings. They’ll be told what to believe (with selective sound bites chosen) by their favorite media outlet/propagandist. 

I wasn’t alive during Watergate but from the clips/documentaries I’ve seen people watched the actual hearings as appointment viewing without spin. 
They'll watch. Millions of people are going to watch this. The ratings will be through the roof.

I know polling has suggested Trump is unpopular in most of these swing states.  That must mean that there is a sizable group of people who don't like Trump but don't support impeachment.  I would agree with you that public hearings could move those people.  (I still don't think they'll move Trump supporters in any sizable way.)
It's entirely possible the blue wall states that voted for Trump could just as easily swing back to blue. It's not like he dominated in those states.

Do you think it will be higher than the Fireside Chat?
If he actually decides to read something on air, I would imagine that even his biggest fans will tune out in a few minutes.

While Donald Trump is one of the best off the cuff political speakers I've ever heard, he is also perhaps the worst reader I have ever heard.

I believe that hill is represented less by what/where Ukraine is and more by the anti-democratic (as in democracy not party) and at best unethical and quite likely illegal actions of our President in withholding money that would only be released if a foreign nation assisted Trump in besmirching a political candidate who may be his opponent in the next election.

Again, how anyone can suggest that is ok is beyond me. It runs counter to how our laws, our law enforcement agencies, and the very basic tenets of a free nation.  It’s saddening that so many seem to prefer Party over what I thought were those shared ideals. 

If he actually decides to read something on air, I would imagine that even his biggest fans will tune out in a few minutes.

While Donald Trump is one of the best off the cuff political speakers I've ever heard, he is also perhaps the worst reader I have ever heard.
Wait, what?

They'll watch. Millions of people are going to watch this.
No they won't. You know why? Because it's not 1974 and people no longer rely on sporadic TV coverage for their news.

These hearings will barely cause a ripple. All the "bombshells" are already out there. Nobody will watch. People will occasionally check their newsfeeds, and the vast majority of them are just going to collectively shrug their shoulders and say, "Old news."

Not one single mind will be changed.

Then, when it's all over, Trump will use the victory to encourage the base while Democrats argue over whose entitlement plan will give more money to more people.

It's the Constitutional thing to do regardless of the outcome.  The Constitution doesn't say that the impeachment power exists only if the removal of the President is certain.
No argument there and clearly not what I'm suggesting. There's nothing stopping the initiation of impeachment. That doesn't make it a winning play for the Party that initiates it.

I don't think a lot of folks knew exactly where the Watergate Hotel is either.
I’m sure if you gave folks a map during that time 70% could point out where Washington DC was. The Benghazi comp that the poster came up with was a good one, expect Americans actually died in Benghazi of course.

Great news that the unemployment rate has dropped for any group of people.  

Of course under Trump the rate has dropped less than 3%  (Feb 2017 = 8%.....October 2019 = 5.4%)

Under Obama it dropped from 13.7% to 8%.  
To be fair, it’s a significantly greater percentage drop. The raw numbers don’t really provide the right context.

Counter to that is the context that Trump has pretty much just constituted the momentum and trajectory set by the Obama Admin. 

I’m sure if you gave folks a map during that time 70% could point out where Washington DC was. The Benghazi comp that the poster came up with was a good one, expect Americans actually died in Benghazi of course.
The only causality here is our democracy.  Much like Watergate, it’s death is occurring in DC as well.  

Why does the location matter? This is about abuse of power for personal gain.

Amazing that people are giving money to this grifter, who is using the office of president to enrich himself and his family.   

I think we're on track to reach Peak Hypocrisy® by the end of the month.
Didn’t Obama buy a place in the Hamptons?  A 14.85 million dollar home in the Hampton’s.  Not bad for a community organizer. 

Trump = rich before and after being president. 

obama = rich after being President. So who enriched themselves?  I be percentage wise Obama wins this race easily. 

Why would it matter who can point out Ukraine on a map? Most Americans can’t correctly find Syria, either.  Or North Korea.  Or Ohio. 

Seriously, how many times have you guys said this? I would say it’s laughable at this point, but it’s just boring now honestly. In “potential disaster Trump public hearings” this ranks in the bottom tier for me. It isn’t even a flex play actually. 

Now Mueller, holy cow that was scary. He was impartial and respected by everybody on both sides of the isle. This circus is being run by Adams Schiff, a total serial partisan liar who should have probably resigned in shame after the Russia debacle. 

Didn’t Obama buy a place in the Hamptons?  A 14.85 million dollar home in the Hampton’s.  Not bad for a community organizer. 

obama = rich after being President. So who enriched themselves?  I be percentage wise Obama wins this race easily. 
Hypocrisy and double standards hold no bounds in politics.

What this country needs more of are independently wealthy and successful Presidents who aren't career politicians / partisans and don't answer to anyone but the people. Doctors, CEO's, inventors, innovators, business owners, etc. who aren't awful human beings. Basically an anti-Trump human-wise.

To be fair, it’s a significantly greater percentage drop. The raw numbers don’t really provide the right context.

Counter to that is the context that Trump has pretty much just constituted the momentum and trajectory set by the Obama Admin. 
(yeah, I was trying to illustrate a point)

How do you know how rich Trump is?

"Trump has often given much higher values for his wealth than organizations estimating it. Trump has testified that "my net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings—even my own feelings".[40] On the same day, Trump's own stated estimates of his net worth have varied by as much as $3.3 billion.[5] Trump has also acknowledged that past exaggerated estimates of his wealth have been "good for financing".[41] Forbes has said that although Trump "shares a lot of information with us that helps us get to the figures we publish", he "consistently pushes for a higher net worth—especially when it comes to the value of his personal brand".

"Trump has often given much higher values for his wealth than organizations estimating it. Trump has testified that "my net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings—even my own feelings".[40] On the same day, Trump's own stated estimates of his net worth have varied by as much as $3.3 billion.[5] Trump has also acknowledged that past exaggerated estimates of his wealth have been "good for financing".[41] Forbes has said that although Trump "shares a lot of information with us that helps us get to the figures we publish", he "consistently pushes for a higher net worth—especially when it comes to the value of his personal brand".
oh ok

Is your name on any hotels?  Is Obama’s?  I think it’s a safe bet he has a few bucks. 
A 2016 analysis of Trump's business career in The Economist concluded that his performance since 1985 had been "mediocre compared with the stock market and property in New York."[42] A subsequent analysis in The Washington Post similarly noted that Trump's estimated net worth of $100 million in 1978 would have increased to $6 billion by 2016 if he had invested it in a typical retirement fund.

Flip side is the world would have been deprived of Trump Steaks and Vodka if he went the more traditional route.

Is your name on any hotels?  Is Obama’s?  I think it’s a safe bet he has a few bucks. 
You realize that he doesn't own most (iirc, almost none) of those hotels, yes?

Trump's most genius move was to get out of the actual development business where he had colossal failures (even with his habit of stiffing his contractors and other small businesses that worked for him) and into being a brand and entertainment personality with tremendous appeal to a large swath of the population).

Even so, Trump would have more money now had he simply invested his inheritance into T-bills, at least as of the time he took the Presidency.

Users who are viewing this thread