What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Thread (1 Viewer)

Todem

Footballguy
The epic Dragon Age world has now been released on the next gen consoles with DA3 Inquisition. Discuss your adventures, game tips, character builds, and strategies here.

Let the nerd fest begin!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot: Although I need to watch some twitches with this, not sure I am sold on the combat or if it's really open world like Skyrim.

Already purchased. Waiting until Friday to fire it up so I have the weekend to nerd out. Big fan of Origins. DA2 was ok but certainly felt rushed to the marketplace.

High-ish expectations for this game. Hopefully I'll have Shadows of Mordor complete by then.

In. Anyone start using the DA Keep website yet?
What is this?
With your EA orgin account you can load in previous saves from DAO and DA2 so the back story on DA3 includes all your past decisions! However I do not know how this will work for getting PS3 to PS4 which is my situation. I obviously will have DA3 for PS4 (Christmas day....god I can't wait).

What is this?
With your EA orgin account you can load in previous saves from DAO and DA2 so the back story on DA3 includes all your past decisions! However I do not know how this will work for getting PS3 to PS4 which is my situation. I obviously will have DA3 for PS4 (Christmas day....god I can't wait).
Don't think I have one of those. Will have to figure that all out haha.

What is this?
Basically an online character import tool. if you haven't played before you can go in, get the basic backstory, and make various decisions from the past two games that will affect the DA3 landscape. If you previously played on a different platform, you have to manually enter all your prior decisions for them to carry over.

At least that's how I thought it worked. I started it up last night and it was doing some sort of import from my Xbox 360 profile before I quit and had to do something else. Still confused about how it all works.

:blackdot: May wait until after the new year. I leave for 2 1/2 weeks in 30 days, so I won't have much time with Thanksgiving, family etc.

My copy arrives Monday. Got it free via Dell eGift Card, so have to wait for that vs getting it activated on Origin. :wall:

NewlyRetired said:
R Dizzle said:
How does the game world compare to Skyrim?
I have read it is more diverse.

Some reviewers say it is massive, others say though it is huge, you don't get the feeling of being lost ever.
reposted from the other thread

It could be bigger overall, but Skyrim was one giant area that you could go anywhere, anytime, and do whatever you wanted. For example, in Skyrim, you could sink hours and hours into just collecting soul gems and enchanting things, and really enjoy it. I don't think you can do quite that level of "off the beaten path" with this game. I don't know that for certain, because I'm not that far into it. But I do know you couldn't at all in the first two, and while this one seems more freeform, it's still not giving me quite that massive "anything is possible" feeling of Skyrim. Again, I'm not that far into it because I've started over a few times (I played the first few missions with multiple characters)

But it does seem gigantic, and far more open than the last two. Been fun so far.

So could someone go from Dragon Age Origins, ignore DA2, and then go into this?
Absolutely. You can get all the lore on the internet. DA2 was ...meh. I liked it but it is not required playing IMO. Now DAO to me is a must. But even if you did not play the first two there is no reason someone could not enjoy this game big time.

So could someone go from Dragon Age Origins, ignore DA2, and then go into this?
Absolutely. You can get all the lore on the internet. DA2 was ...meh. I liked it but it is not required playing IMO. Now DAO to me is a must. But even if you did not play the first two there is no reason someone could not enjoy this game big time.
I read that Dragon Age has released an app where one can get all caught up on the back story from previous games if so inclined.

Is there a form of fast travel in this game? I know there are horses to get around quicker, but I meant more like instantaneous travel from something like camp to camp?

Tried this but it makes my computer absolutely crawl even on lowest of settings. I cant pan the camera around without it stuttering like mad and everyone looks shiny. Time for an upgrade I guess.

NewlyRetired said:
R Dizzle said:

Some reviewers say it is massive, others say though it is huge, you don't get the feeling of being lost ever.

It could be bigger overall, but Skyrim was one giant area that you could go anywhere, anytime, and do whatever you wanted. For example, in Skyrim, you could sink hours and hours into just collecting soul gems and enchanting things, and really enjoy it. I don't think you can do quite that level of "off the beaten path" with this game. I don't know that for certain, because I'm not that far into it. But I do know you couldn't at all in the first two, and while this one seems more freeform, it's still not giving me quite that massive "anything is possible" feeling of Skyrim. Again, I'm not that far into it because I've started over a few times (I played the first few missions with multiple characters)
That was also my impression of it so far. The key difference for me is that Skyrim/Fallout felt like you could wander off mission for hours and just do nothing. You're absolutely right though this game is MASSIVE (probably much bigger than other RPGs, even Skyrim) but the vastness of area is diminished because it feels as if every inch of space is reserved for a battle/new mission/plot points/discussions/codex additions/blahblah etc...So you lack the quiet wandering of Skyrim due to all the busywork along the road. I'm only about 4-5 hours in and I'm completely losing sight of all the side missions because there's just very little downtime to this game.

It's a huge game, massive locations to explore, lots of customization (far superior to DA2 and much closer to a true sequel to DA:O) but if you're expecting a Skyrim/Fallout type of open world then there'll be a slight letdown.

Is there a form of fast travel in this game? I know there are horses to get around quicker, but I meant more like instantaneous travel from something like camp to camp?
Yes, exactly that. From camp to camp within each huge area and from area to area as well.

Just got the collectors guide hard cover book! I have over 8 hours of a bus ride this weekend so this should help pass some time for me :)

NewlyRetired said:
R Dizzle said:

That was also my impression of it so far. The key difference for me is that Skyrim/Fallout felt like you could wander off mission for hours and just do nothing. You're absolutely right though this game is MASSIVE (probably much bigger than other RPGs, even Skyrim) but the vastness of area is diminished because it feels as if every inch of space is reserved for a battle/new mission/plot points/discussions/codex additions/blahblah etc...So you lack the quiet wandering of Skyrim due to all the busywork along the road. I'm only about 4-5 hours in and I'm completely losing sight of all the side missions because there's just very little downtime to this game.

It's a huge game, massive locations to explore, lots of customization (far superior to DA2 and much closer to a true sequel to DA:O) but if you're expecting a Skyrim/Fallout type of open world then there'll be a slight letdown.
I played a few hours last night. This is pretty spot on.

I walked a complete circle in the first open area. I would hit something every 30 seconds of travel (battle to battle, discovery to discovery). This constant barrage, good or bad, takes away from the open feel a bit (again, for better or worse).

I did like that I could wander pretty far in one direct, seemingly taking me a good distance from my true target. It feels pretty big, for sure.

As an aside, I hate micro managing battle. I hope going full auto doesn't hurt you too much.

Also, I spent about 20 minutes on the first "connect the dots" mini game. I missed the directions and thought I had to connect every single "star" to every single star. I almost had it when I realized I only had to do the sword shape for the first one :bag:

Bucky86 said:
#### it. Bonus came in early this year. I'll probably grab it next week.
Damn, sound like you got gypped on this year's bonus.

Better luck next year, GB.

no swimming btw. found out the hard way.

:bubbles:

ETA:

for those who hate falling deaths, they have removed in a smart way. If you fall off a lethal cliff, it puts you back up top, but with almost no health.

Wow. This game is going to cut into my sleep schedule. I got immersed last night and ended up staying up until 2:30 playing it. Makes the morning work schedule a blast.

This game is miles better than the last Dragon Age, which I didn't even finish. I know it's not as open world as Skyrim and that's too bad, but I fee like it's an overall bigger game world than Skyrim by a long ways. I've spent 7+ hours in the Hinterlands and still haven't finished half the missions there, or discovered it all.(Although that's because of that damn dragon)

encaitar said:
Wow. This game is going to cut into my sleep schedule. I got immersed last night and ended up staying up until 2:30 playing it. Makes the morning work schedule a blast.

This game is miles better than the last Dragon Age, which I didn't even finish. I know it's not as open world as Skyrim and that's too bad, but I fee like it's an overall bigger game world than Skyrim by a long ways. I've spent 7+ hours in the Hinterlands and still haven't finished half the missions there, or discovered it all.(Although that's because of that damn dragon)
Yea, this game becomes really good once you get to the Hinterlands. They definitely improved on the old formula by adopting larger areas, better crafting/etc. It's really fun. Now that I'm a bit into it, I can see where Skyrim's influence has helped this series. Yea, you can't just become a thief and live your virtual life that way like you could in Skyrim (you have to play the story / sidequests here), but this will definitely be my biggest time sink since Skyrim.

I restarted about five times before settling on a two-handed warrior. That chain/upgraded kick, then the power attack when they are down is just nasty.

How are you guys finding the mode where you can pause the game and set up a battle strategy. Do you use it often or rarely?

From the Twitch videos I have watched I don't see it used much.

======================

Is there a death penalty or do you just simply ressurect at a camp and continue from there?

So what do u guys rate it? Worth buying now or waiting?
It's at a 9 right now for me, with the ability to go up or down depending on how it plays out.

I would buy now, but only because of the upcoming long weekend. I can already see this game is going to be 100+ hours of my life and want to do it when I have time to play.

How are you guys finding the mode where you can pause the game and set up a battle strategy. Do you use it often or rarely?

======================

Is there a death penalty or do you just simply ressurect at a camp and continue from there?
I've used it a few times when dealing with more difficult enemies. I'd rather just freewheel, but when you come against a group of enemies that are 5 or 6 times your level it becomes necessary to use it or you're going to die.

You resurrect at your last save point. It autosaves fairly often and always does after you go to a camp or new area etc., so you really don't lose much usually.

======================

I haven't used it yet. I'm more of a fan of letting my companions do their thing.

If you like RPG's, it's a buy now. To me, it's the best RPG since Skyrim. And for many people, they'll like it better because it has fun "skills / cooldown" combat (think a zoomed-in Diablo) and more of a story.

======================

I haven't used it yet. I'm more of a fan of letting my companions do their thing.

If you like RPG's, it's a buy now. To me, it's the best RPG since Skyrim. And for many people, they'll like it better because it has fun "skills / cooldown" combat (think a zoomed-in Diablo) and more of a story.
Okay, I may grab it today if my local gamestop has it.

About 8 hours in and I'm starting to really get a feel for this game. At first I was a bit disappointed because the gameplay was IMO a bit too frenetic to be a really great RPG, but as you clear down the Hinterlands the game slows to a better pace and you start to really get into plot line, the high level management aspect at Haven, plus the nuances of switching back and forth between the battle options. As others have said the game is BIG with tons of armor/weapon customization so for people who played the first game they'll be very happy. One downside is the party banter is really forced compared to DA:O and that's created some stunted character development so far. At this point I can't really differentiate one character to the next so we'll see how that goes.

Overall, if you're an RPG fan or a fan of DA:O I'd say its a must buy.

10-12 hours in now, and I can confirm that this is an excellent, excellent game. And yes, it's massive in area.

It takes a little while to really show you what it is, though - don't judge it by the first 2-3 hours. Like already mentioned, once you get to the Hinterlands and you explore a bit and setup some camps, things begin to clear up and you start to "get" it - the more stuff you do, the more power you get, the more you can advance the plot, etc.

This is a big game with a lot of options.

Just finished loading all my choices into the DA:Keep. Hopefully it will import into DA:I with no problems. Will try that later today.

Just got to Hinterlands.

I feel like I screwed up some armor customizations already. :bag:

Just got to Hinterlands.

I feel like I screwed up some armor customizations already. :bag:
That's alright, the best part about crafting is that all it costs are crafting materials. You can add/remove upgrades endlessly and craft them over and over again as long as you have the raw materials. I love picking up a rare weapon I have no use for that has a great upgrade that I can remove and use on something else. I can't wait until I've found more schematics.

anyone figure out the war table or whatever it's called?

Can you wait until all "projects/missions" are no points? I haven't spent a point yet. I have just focused on the "free" missions.

Users who are viewing this thread