What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

I didn’t say you did anything wrong by making the offer - just not sure why some one would take it.
I agree but what I’m saying is there has to be a starting point. You (I don’t) don’t offer my maxed out offer at the beginning of negotiations. Even though I didn’t expect him to accept the original offer stranger things have happened even though it doesn’t make any sense. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Tex 

BigTex said:
I’m going after Mahomes next. I already had Kelce. The Mahomes owner has Agholor and Ertz and so I have Wentz I’m looking to do a swap.

He’d have Wentz/Agholor/Ertz

I’d have Mahomes/Hill/Kelce

Tex
As a Mahomes owner, I would look at the Wentz owner like he had three heads if he came at me with a straight up offer.  And I own Jeffery's.

EDIT: just saw that you wernt going for straight up...

Last edited by a moderator:
fruity pebbles said:
16 team, 1/2 ppr. Kerryon, Dalvin Cook and a late 1st were traded for Kamara.
I only play PPR or PPR with TE premium and also only play in 12 team leagues with usually smaller roster formats . In the format I'm used to this would be a team by team decision. I got some teams I'd accept this offer for Kamara, some I'd pass and vice versa.

Kamara would drop the most in value in a half PPR league and while I'm not really familiar with a 16 team league I'd suppose it makes 3 for one trades a lot more attractive due to less depth, so long as it's not 3 quarters for a dollar and this is not that kind of trade. So in this format that I'm  admittedly not familiar with I believe I would fairly easily rather have that package over Kamara.

Dr. Octopus said:
Why would the other guy do that? A lateral move where you get older - sounds like a poor dynasty strategy.
Have you read his posts in here?  He either plays with morons or he just makes #### up completely.  That's why he has 19 first round picks in every league next year on top of an all star lineup. 

Okay dude.

10-team PPR.  Not involved.

Jared Goff, Joe Mixon, Robert Woods

for 

Baker Mayfield, Derrius Guice, Kerryon Johnson

Totally irrelevant, but both are huge Browns fans, so Baker is probably valued a little higher in this deal than normal.  I would gladly take the Mixon side, though.

Not involved:

Thielen for 2 Firsts in 2019 and 1 in 2020.

and

1.2, 1.5,  2.4, Antonio Brown, Sam Darnold,

OBJ, Dalvin Cook, Kyle Rudolph, 2 - 2020 2nds

I lacked enough info to say since he we don't know the draft order of those 2019 picks or outlook for the 2020 pick.

At this point there really is no reason to not post the draft order on trades involving 2019 picks.
1.7, 1.8 and a mid 2020 1st.  10 team league.

10-team PPR.  Not involved.

Jared Goff, Joe Mixon, Robert Woods

for 

Baker Mayfield, Derrius Guice, Kerryon Johnson

Totally irrelevant, but both are huge Browns fans, so Baker is probably valued a little higher in this deal than normal.  I would gladly take the Mixon side, though.
Baker side, but see the appeal.

Not involved:

Thielen for 2 Firsts in 2019 and 1 in 2020.

and

1.2, 1.5,  2.4, Antonio Brown, Sam Darnold,

OBJ, Dalvin Cook, Kyle Rudolph, 2 - 2020 2nds
Free 2020 1st, good job. 

OBJ side, not particularly close. 

12 team ppr QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FLEX

Team A gave up

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB;

Howard, Jordan CHI RB;

Williams, Damien KCC RB;

Team B gave up

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB;

Smith, Rod DAL RB;

Patrick, Tim DEN WR

Fair evaluation meno. Personally I’m way down on Brown.
You might be right and maybe  I should be more down on him, just still think he's the hardest WR to cover in the NFL.  There is a thread for him so I'll try for to keep it short here and say a month ago I had two concerns with AB, his and his QB's age. He's not getting any younger and  I don't want to see him get traded but I think he does and that might solve one of my concerns but I'm quite possibly not as worried as I should be at him possibly getting a worse QB and worse system leading to new concerns.

2 trades in a 12 team PPR QRRWWWT (going into 19th year)

Gave Alvin Kamara and Mike Williams

Receive Joe Mixon and Stefon Diggs

Both teams are competitive. My team a little more so. It downgrades my RB2 to Mixon/Chubb, but upgrades WR3 from Lockett/Fuller to Diggs.

Gave John Ross

Received Jonnu Smith

have Delanie and am sort of just sick of looking at Ross on my roster.

2 trades in a 12 team PPR QRRWWWT (going into 19th year)

Gave Alvin Kamara and Mike Williams

Receive Joe Mixon and Stefon Diggs

Both teams are competitive. My team a little more so. It downgrades my RB2 to Mixon/Chubb, but upgrades WR3 from Lockett/Fuller to Diggs.

Gave John Ross

Received Jonnu Smith

have Delanie and am sort of just sick of looking at Ross on my roster.
Rather have Kamara and big Mike

I referenced this trade in the dynasty value discussion thread.

FFPC

Gave: Herndon

Got: Edelman, 2.3
So you went and did it after all. Great value for what was likely a 2018 5th or FA pickup, but I’m keeping Herndon because I believe he’s a talent, hopefully in an improving situation.

edit: now seeing your reasoning in the value thread. I will post thoughts there.

12 team PPR - Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, Flex.  Short Benches.

Team A gives Gurley, Diggs

Team B gives Kamara, Beckham

So you went and did it after all. Great value for what was likely a 2018 5th or FA pickup, but I’m keeping Herndon because I believe he’s a talent, hopefully in an improving situation.

edit: now seeing your reasoning in the value thread. I will post thoughts there.
I had you down as having this opinion. And for those that don't know JackReacher should not be confused with After the fact Jack. I thought I was higher on Herndon than anyone else I knew this past off-season until he kept hyping him up. Good call.

FFPC 12 team ppr

gave: 2.09

received: Pettis WR SF

I don't know much about the incoming rookie class, honestly, but I think that the odds of a 2nd round NFL draft pick like Pettis making down to the 2.09 pick in a fantasy draft are probably not good looking at previous year's rookie drafts I've done.

FFPC 12 team ppr

I don't know much about the incoming rookie class, honestly, but I think that the odds of a 2nd round NFL draft pick like Pettis making down to the 2.09 pick in a fantasy draft are probably not good looking at previous year's rookie drafts I've done.
Pettis easily

FFPC 12 team ppr

I think of him as a replaceable asset to a fantasy team and an NFL one.  I'd rather use the 2.09 to package and move up in the draft or find an upgrade than take a guy like Pettis.  I'm just not a fan of his.  I think people will be questioning his role come season's start because they're likely to draft a top WR talent this year, and that leaves Goodwin, Pettis and Bourne in the fight for #2 duty.  hehe duty.  

All of that said, he definitely carries more value than the 2.09 by itself right now. 

Pettis went 2.09 or earlier last year and flashed WR1 ability down the stretch this year.  I know it's cut-down season in FFPC but that seems crazy light for him.
As you know in the FFPC - you have to make tough decisions — call your shots — because you can’t carry more than a couple projects. I’m with Zyphros- I like Pettis okay as a player, but don’t love the situation. He may carry more value than the 2.9, but I am okay with accepting small value losses to keep my roster balanced, with cutdown day looming. 

Edit to add: Pre-March cuts, I think Pettis is in the 2.6-2.9 range. After cuts, his value spikes to 2.1-2.4. I personally would not pay a late first for him. 

As you know in the FFPC - you have to make tough decisions — call your shots — because you can’t carry more than a couple projects. I’m with Zyphros- I like Pettis okay as a player, but don’t love the situation. He may carry more value than the 2.9, but I am okay with accepting small value losses to keep my roster balanced, with cutdown day looming. 

Edit to add: Pre-March cuts, I think Pettis is in the 2.6-2.9 range. After cuts, his value spikes to 2.1-2.4. I personally would not pay a late first for him. 
I don't see what's not to love about the situation. His only real competition for WR snaps next year (in a Kyle Shanahan offense) is Goodwin and maybe a rookie. The 49ers traded up to get Pettis and when healthy he flashed WR1 potential so he's already shown more NFL ability than this rookie that may or may not get drafted. Speaking of trading up for him, unless they draft this rookie in the first round, they will be investing the same or less draft capital than they invested in Pettis. And even if they draft a rookie, the bust rate is not insignificant as is the rookie learning curve, so Pettis could easily enter the season as the WR1 even if they were to draft the 1st round guy. I can't pretend to know all the draft needs of the 49ers on both sides of the ball, but I think it is safe to say the probability of them drafting a WR with their 1st round pick is less than 50%.

I've been kicking myself for not drafting or trading for Pettis in some leagues because I thought the opportunity to buy was over, but now I'm wondering if I should be sending out offers.

I don't see what's not to love about the situation. His only real competition for WR snaps next year (in a Kyle Shanahan offense) is Goodwin and maybe a rookie.
I have never wanted to pay the “Shanahan premium.” He had great talent to work with  in Atlanta. I personally didn’t believe that success would follow him to SF,  especially when you have to factor the cost you have to pay to acquire his players. But I’m going to do a deeper dive on Shanahan to see if my ideas are off base.

As for Pettis, do you see TY talent or will he settle in more like Sterling Shepherd? Shepherd is a good player, but another one who Is expendable, when you have a contending team and are facing tough cuts. I see the allure of Pettis more for rebuilders.

Pettis is worth more than the 1.09 IMO, much less the 2.09. About the only threat to him is if they trade for Antonio Brown which seems pretty unlikely given the state of their rebuild, they aren’t likely spending the 1.02 on a WR, none of these college WR’s will be rated that highly and they’ve got a shot at a premier edge rusher in either Bosa or Allen which is a huge need for them. As already pointed out, 2.02 is not far off where Pettis himself was drafted and SF traded up to get him. What FA WR would threaten him? Funchess? John Brown? 31 year old Golden Tate? Randall Cobb?

12tm IDP PPR 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2flex(rb/wr/te)

Team A gave: Ronald Jones, S.Shepard, A.Cooper, N.Vannett

Team B gave: L.Bell, C.Samuel

I don't see what's not to love about the situation. His only real competition for WR snaps next year (in a Kyle Shanahan offense) is Goodwin and maybe a rookie. The 49ers traded up to get Pettis and when healthy he flashed WR1 potential so he's already shown more NFL ability than this rookie that may or may not get drafted. Speaking of trading up for him, unless they draft this rookie in the first round, they will be investing the same or less draft capital than they invested in Pettis. And even if they draft a rookie, the bust rate is not insignificant as is the rookie learning curve, so Pettis could easily enter the season as the WR1 even if they were to draft the 1st round guy. I can't pretend to know all the draft needs of the 49ers on both sides of the ball, but I think it is safe to say the probability of them drafting a WR with their 1st round pick is less than 50%.

I've been kicking myself for not drafting or trading for Pettis in some leagues because I thought the opportunity to buy was over, but now I'm wondering if I should be sending out offers.
My thoughts exactly. I could keep the 2.9 and throw another dart at a rookie WR who would most likely have been drafted in the NFL draft LATER than where Pettis was, or I can spend the pick on a player who’s already shown flashes of being a very good WR in the NFL who, if you believe the hype, gets his future stud QB returning next year. I now own Pettis in all 3 of my dynasty leagues, so I’m all in and even if he only ends up being a solid WR2, that’s more that what I paid for him. Value, baby. 

I have never wanted to pay the “Shanahan premium.” He had great talent to work with  in Atlanta. I personally didn’t believe that success would follow him to SF,  especially when you have to factor the cost you have to pay to acquire his players. But I’m going to do a deeper dive on Shanahan to see if my ideas are off base.

As for Pettis, do you see TY talent or will he settle in more like Sterling Shepherd? Shepherd is a good player, but another one who Is expendable, when you have a contending team and are facing tough cuts. I see the allure of Pettis more for rebuilders.
Don't focus too much on the Shanahan offense... I put it in parentheses for a reason, it's just a minor point. The main point is that he's in line to be the WR1 for his team with at least a decent QB. That should be enough to love a situation for a young, promising WR. 

As for Shepard, he's actually a funny case and should probably be discussed separately, but my feeling about him is that he's actually a pretty good talent, but he's playing second fiddle to OBJ with a second rate QB (he also had a problem with migraines in 2017) . When OBJ has been out (last 4 games of this season and last 6 games of last season) he's put up 51/702 which if you extrapolate from 10 games to 16 games would be 82 receptions for 1123 yards. Touchdowns have been fluky for him*, having caught 8 in 16 games as a rookie then only 6 in his next 27 games, so about 5 per 16 games. Either way, I don't think 82/1123/5 is anything to shake a stick at. He's someone I think might be worth acquiring on the cheap this year in the hope that he gets a better opportunity as a free agent. 

So I see Shepard and Pettis as guys in opposite situations. Pettis has a nice opportunity for targets and an up and coming QB while Shepard is buried behind OBJ with a diminishing QB. So for 2019, I think Pettis has much more value than Shepard, and has TY upside (although there's a big range of acceptable outcomes between TY and Shepard and would never advise banking on upside). 

*Eli and Geno only threw for 41 in the past 2 seasons. Shepard caught 6/41 = 15% TD share. He had 191 targets/1188 attempts = 16% target share.

In two Zealots Field leagues (one is PPR and one is non-PPR), I made the following trades in the last week:

Z4:

Traded-2018 1.12 rookie pick

Received-2019 1st round rookie pick

I won the championship (with a good team) and he finished 3-10. 

Z14:

I won the championship (with a good team) and he finished 4-9.

There are always people believing they can fix their teams right away; or they want their candy now instead of better candy later.

In two Zealots Field leagues (one is PPR and one is non-PPR), I made the following trades in the last week:

Z4:

I won the championship (with a good team) and he finished 3-10. 

Z14:

I won the championship (with a good team) and he finished 4-9.

There are always people believing they can fix their teams right away; or they want their candy now instead of better candy later.
Those are best kind of trades.  Long run you’ll gain tons of value trading super late current 1sts for undecided future 1sts 

Users who are viewing this thread