What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

12 Team start 1qb PPR Dynasty, TE Premium (1.5 per reception).

Team A gets 1.4, 4.1, and a 2025 4th
Team B gets 1.9, Mostert, and Chandler
Horrendous trade for team B as I'm sure everyone is saying. A bunch of nothing to move back out of a premium spot.
Who would you rather have between Brian Thomas Jr or McConkey or Troy Franklin or Jonathan Brooks, or Blake Corum, or one of the top 3 QBs plus Mostert and Chandler

or Odunze and the 4.1 and a 2025 4th rd pick?
I thought my reply already answered that and I'll add you could give me two of those players you listed and I'd still rather have Odunze.
fair enough, but is it really horrendous when you add some context to it? Is Brian Thomas Jr, Mostert, and Chandler that far off from Odunze?
You're assuming Thomas falls to 9? Kind of top 5 WR, no? and in a crap RB draft.
I'd be surprised if Thomas make it to 9 as well and was going to say that when I replied earlier but then thought it's not necessary because even I knew he was 100% to be available I'd not move back.

I'd put this another way. Change that 1.9 to 1.5 and my thoughts on the trade would remain.
There was conversation brought up about the trade by a couple of owners and I offered the guy I traded with the choice to reverse it if he was unsure. I really didn't care one way or the other. He insisted that he was fine with it, so I'm not saying anything else within the league regarding the trade. If someone hates it bad enough they can bring it to a veto vote, but no one has. Nor do I think it would be vetoed, which would be kind of ridiculous.

Horrendous trade for team B as I'm sure everyone is saying. A bunch of nothing to move back out of a premium spot.
Who would you rather have between Brian Thomas Jr or McConkey or Troy Franklin or Jonathan Brooks, or Blake Corum, or one of the top 3 QBs plus Mostert and Chandler

I thought my reply already answered that and I'll add you could give me two of those players you listed and I'd still rather have Odunze.
fair enough, but is it really horrendous when you add some context to it? Is Brian Thomas Jr, Mostert, and Chandler that far off from Odunze?
You're assuming Thomas falls to 9? Kind of top 5 WR, no? and in a crap RB draft.
I'd be surprised if Thomas make it to 9 as well and was going to say that when I replied earlier but then thought it's not necessary because even I knew he was 100% to be available I'd not move back.

I'd put this another way. Change that 1.9 to 1.5 and my thoughts on the trade would remain.
There was conversation brought up about the trade by a couple of owners and I offered the guy I traded with the choice to reverse it if he was unsure. I really didn't care one way or the other. He insisted that he was fine with it, so I'm not saying anything else regarding the trade. If someone hates it bad enough they can bring it to a veto vote, but no one has. Nor do I think it would be vetoed, which would be kind of ridiculous.
If I was in this league I'd have commented on it for sure. Would have either told you it was a great trade or the dragged the other guy for making a bad trade. But I'd have left it at that. I'm against protesting trades that are deemed one sided, I need to think there is something fishy going to start trying to get a trade vetoed. I have opinions but I'm not judge and jury to how people should run their teams.

Team B gets 1.9,
Mostert
, and
Chandler
Who would you rather have between
Brian Thomas
Jr or
McConkey
or
Troy Franklin
or Jonathan
Brooks
, or
Blake Corum
, or one of the top 3 QBs plus
Mostert
and
Chandler

or
Odunze
and the 4.1 and a 2025 4th rd pick?
I thought my reply already answered that and I'll add you could give me two of those players you listed and I'd still rather have
Odunze
fair enough, but is it really horrendous when you add some context to it? Is
Brian Thomas
Jr,
Mostert
, and
Chandler
that far off from
Odunze
?
You're assuming
Thomas
falls to 9? Kind of top 5 WR, no? and in a crap RB draft.
I'd be surprised if
Thomas
make it to 9 as well and was going to say that when I replied earlier but then thought it's not necessary because even I knew he was 100% to be available I'd not move back.

There was conversation brought up about the trade by a couple of owners and I offered the guy I traded with the choice to reverse it if he was unsure. I really didn't care one way or the other. He insisted that he was fine with it, so I'm not saying anything else within the league regarding the trade. If someone hates it bad enough they can bring it to a veto vote, but no one has. Nor do I think it would be vetoed, which would be kind of ridiculous.

It certainly shouldn't be vetoed. If I was the other guy, it would have been an instant reject as I see a big tier drop between 4 and 9 but Mostert is certainly capable of having another great year and could be a league winner if he can stay healthy. Ty Chandler is way overrated though. There's no way Minn will go with him as their starter this year. They made that mistake last year with Mattison. They won't do it again.

I don't believe in vetoing trades either. If it happens often or really is insanely ridiculous, probably best to just leave the league since not every owner is playing with a full deck.

Not understanding what Team B is doing at all...1.4 is a premium draft spot...why would you move down to 1.9 for an aging Mostert and an RB in Chandler that is a total wildcard right now...you definitely don't need to give up that much to obtain those two guys...zero clue why there is two 4th rounders involved as well...it was already a bad trade without them involved.
Some of you guys swear by KTC and it has it even. So you think Mostert can't help in 2024? Chandler? He still gets the 1.9 in the deal and will get a very good rookie there. With the 1.4 you could be looking at Odunze, because it is a TE premium league and Bowers may go earlier. Are you saying that Mostert, Chandler, and a good rookie at 1.9, say Brian Thomas Jr., Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Troy Franklin, Jonathan Brooks, Ladd McConkey, Corely, Benson, Sanders, Maye, Allen, Coleman, Mitchell, etc. etc. isn't worth Odunze? Do you think both Mostert and Chandler are worthless in 2024? I sure don't. What kind of asset would you require to drop from 1.4 to 1.9 in a stat 1qb ppr TE prem dynasty league, knowing you're going to get a very good player at 1.9? Just for the record, I was the owner moving up to 1.4.
Well done. The ONLY way this makes sense to Team B is if they have zero RBs rostered and are a contender everywhere else. Mostert is 32. Chandler is very likely to be drafted over OR have a high profile RB signed in free agency over him. KTC aside, those two assets are not worth the delta from 1.04 to 1.09 (long term or short term).
He has some question marks at RB. Before the trade he had Chubb, Exeler, and Hubbard, that's about it. He can compete if he solves the RB because he has Josh Allen, Olave, Flowers, Hockenson,
Do you think Chandler or mostert “solves” RB?
Although corum or whatever RB could be decent at 9. This trade could have waited for the draft imo
MFL projects 1066 yards and 14 TDs, and 28 receptions and 181 yards and 3 TDs for Mostert in 2024. Who knows what Chandler will do. If he keeps the starting job, probably around a 1000 yards and 6 TDs and around 35 receptions.
ALWAYS question MFL projections. Footballguys has Mostert at 886/10 and 22/155/2 and I think that's generous. He's also a guy coming off of a career year at 31 who'd never scored more than 8 TDs in a season. That is the definition of a sell high and I think you did well.

Footballguys has Chandler at 402/3 and 20/166/1. That's definitely more in line with where most of us are thinking. IF (and that's a big word right now) Chandler retains the RB1 spot in MIN, I'd assume he can double that production. But if I were a betting man, I'd put money on Chandler being the RB2 behind a rookie or free agent.
I don't see Minnesota drafting a rookie RB high, so anyone drafted in the 5th round or later isn't a threat to Chandler IMO. As for bringing in a high profile FA, that is always a risk, but a low one I'm thinking. Sure they are going to add to their RB room, but to what extent? Mostert probably has at least one more double digit TD in him. He was looking pretty spry last year.
Dude you won the trade pretty handily. Why are you so vehemently defending the side you gave away?

Not understanding what Team B is doing at all...1.4 is a premium draft spot...why would you move down to 1.9 for an aging Mostert and an RB in Chandler that is a total wildcard right now...you definitely don't need to give up that much to obtain those two guys...zero clue why there is two 4th rounders involved as well...it was already a bad trade without them involved.
Some of you guys swear by KTC and it has it even. So you think Mostert can't help in 2024? Chandler? He still gets the 1.9 in the deal and will get a very good rookie there. With the 1.4 you could be looking at Odunze, because it is a TE premium league and Bowers may go earlier. Are you saying that Mostert, Chandler, and a good rookie at 1.9, say Brian Thomas Jr., Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Troy Franklin, Jonathan Brooks, Ladd McConkey, Corely, Benson, Sanders, Maye, Allen, Coleman, Mitchell, etc. etc. isn't worth Odunze? Do you think both Mostert and Chandler are worthless in 2024? I sure don't. What kind of asset would you require to drop from 1.4 to 1.9 in a stat 1qb ppr TE prem dynasty league, knowing you're going to get a very good player at 1.9? Just for the record, I was the owner moving up to 1.4.
Well done. The ONLY way this makes sense to Team B is if they have zero RBs rostered and are a contender everywhere else. Mostert is 32. Chandler is very likely to be drafted over OR have a high profile RB signed in free agency over him. KTC aside, those two assets are not worth the delta from 1.04 to 1.09 (long term or short term).
He has some question marks at RB. Before the trade he had Chubb, Exeler, and Hubbard, that's about it. He can compete if he solves the RB because he has Josh Allen, Olave, Flowers, Hockenson,
Do you think Chandler or mostert “solves” RB?
Although corum or whatever RB could be decent at 9. This trade could have waited for the draft imo
MFL projects 1066 yards and 14 TDs, and 28 receptions and 181 yards and 3 TDs for Mostert in 2024. Who knows what Chandler will do. If he keeps the starting job, probably around a 1000 yards and 6 TDs and around 35 receptions.
ALWAYS question MFL projections. Footballguys has Mostert at 886/10 and 22/155/2 and I think that's generous. He's also a guy coming off of a career year at 31 who'd never scored more than 8 TDs in a season. That is the definition of a sell high and I think you did well.

Footballguys has Chandler at 402/3 and 20/166/1. That's definitely more in line with where most of us are thinking. IF (and that's a big word right now) Chandler retains the RB1 spot in MIN, I'd assume he can double that production. But if I were a betting man, I'd put money on Chandler being the RB2 behind a rookie or free agent.
I don't see Minnesota drafting a rookie RB high, so anyone drafted in the 5th round or later isn't a threat to Chandler IMO. As for bringing in a high profile FA, that is always a risk, but a low one I'm thinking. Sure they are going to add to their RB room, but to what extent? Mostert probably has at least one more double digit TD in him. He was looking pretty spry last year.
Dude you won the trade pretty handily. Why are you so vehemently defending the side you gave away?
Devils advocate.

12 team SF PPR IDP Contract League

Gave: 1.03, $60 FAAB
Got: 1.07, 1.08, Tank Dell

To get a sense of $$ value in our league since it is used for RFA and contracts, 2.03 was traded for $60 FAAB earlier this offseason.

I roster Adams and don't think I'd give him up for the 1.12 and a late second unless somebody really compelling was hanging out there. That's just my take on it. I'd rather ride into the sunset with him.

1QB, FFPC this was two trades with the same owner. My Attempt to get little young and shed a roster spot.

Gave: Andrews, Schultz, Keenan Allen, Ty Chandler, 2.05, 2.06

Got: Hockenson, Kmet, Dotson, all
His 2025 picks (Round 1-7)

12 team SF 2rb/2wr/te/3flex

Gave: Mayfield, 3.05
Got: Javonte

Upgraded my QB room to Herbert/TLaw and needed another RB to pair with Rhamondre. Other team was QB desperate.

Upgraded my QB room to Herbert/TLaw and needed another RB to pair with Rhamondre. Other team was QB desperate.
I know there is the SF element, but I think it's probably unwise to trade Williams cheap this year. He's over a year removed from a terrible injury in 2022 and could be completely back to pre-injury form in 2024. I like this trade for you.

I would rather have Mayfield…I get what you are doing but Javonte is still a bit of an unknown…would like to see another piece on your side and not on his side…a definite starting QB (which is what Mayfield now is and will continue to be with the contract he will be signing) in a 12-team SF is a very valuable piece and I think you sold low here…if you now only have 2 QBs I really don’t like this move at all as you now have injury and bye-week exposure.

I would rather have Mayfield…I get what you are doing but Javonte is still a bit of an unknown…would like to see another piece on your side and not on his side…a definite starting QB (which is what Mayfield now is and will continue to be with the contract he will be signing) in a 12-team SF is a very valuable piece and I think you sold low here…if you now only have 2 QBs I really don’t like this move at all as you now have injury and bye-week exposure.
Sacrificing bye week and injury exposure is a small price to pay for a potential breakout RB one year+ removed from injury.

Totally get that. This is an orphan I picked up two years ago that was destitute of any youth/talent. It's been a slow rebuild but I should be able to make the playoffs this year and really start competing in 2025. As such, I'm not super worried about having tons of backup talent. I'll just keep plugging away and picking up young talent.

Interesting trade in my 12 team SF dynasty:

Team A:
Tee Higgins & 2.8

Team B:
Kyren Williams & 3.1

Both teams trading depth for need.

Just saw this go down in a FFPC Triflex

Team A gets Mahomes
Team B gets Laporta, Achane, 1.08, 2.01, 2.06 ,2.09, 2025 3rd

Team A gets Mahomes

There's no Triflex startup ADP yet, but I'd imagine Mahomes is no worse than the 1.02. This feels like an overpay, but one that's expected with someone as valuable as Mahomes. LaPorta is likely the dynasty TE1, and Achane has the potential to be a top-5 RB. Both were second-round rookies in Triflex last year. If Team B can hit on even two of the four '24 picks, this could be a disaster for Team A a year from now.

FFPC Superflex Triflex (start 3 WR, TE-premium)

Not involved

Team A gave: Puka Nacua
Team B gave: 1.12, 2.02. 3.02

The team with Puka put him on the block and then traded him a couple hours later. This very much seems like a case of rookie fever -- I'd value Puka around the 1.04-1.05 in Triflex, depending on where Bowers goes.

Team A gets Mahomes

That’s quite a haul. I have Mahomes in a Triflex league that I just traded away LaPorta and Achane.

Would want to see the rosters and league makeup but could for sure see this making sense for both teams. I would feel confident about hitting with most of those picks and even still could come to the conclusion of rejecting depending on my situation.

Not involved

The team with Puka put him on the block and then traded him a couple hours later. This very much seems like a case of rookie fever -- I'd value Puka around the 1.04-1.05 in Triflex, depending on where Bowers goes.
oof

Not involved

Think there are good to very good players at each of those pick slots and still think it’s way too light. If that 1.12 was at least 1.07 then would at least start to think about it before rejecting.

Sacrificing bye week and injury exposure is a small price to pay for a potential breakout RB one year+ removed from injury.

Totally disagree in SF…injury exposure at QB can hinder your season real quickly or force you to make a trade where you have zero hand….you seem far higher then me on Javonte…I like him but he would not be a target for me if I was dealing a legit starting QB in SF.

Totally disagree in SF…injury exposure at QB can hinder your season real quickly or force you to make a trade where you have zero hand….you seem far higher then me on Javonte…I like him but he would not be a target for me if I was dealing a legit starting QB in SF.
Legit starting QB is high praise for a guy without a contract, who's team interviews quite a few potential 1st round QBs at the combine. Honestly, I think Baker has TAM over a barrel right now because there's not much out there in FA except a guy like Cousins. BUT, there is a possibility of them drafting a QB at 26 and signing Cousins. Then where does Mayfield go? MIN? Maybe, but that means learning a new system and whatnot. Word is, Mayfield is apparently asking for $120 million over 4 years. That's a substantial haul for 1 real year of QB8.

Legit starting QB is high praise for a guy without a contract, who's team interviews quite a few potential 1st round QBs at the combine. Honestly, I think Baker has TAM over a barrel right now because there's not much out there in FA except a guy like Cousins. BUT, there is a possibility of them drafting a QB at 26 and signing Cousins. Then where does Mayfield go? MIN? Maybe, but that means learning a new system and whatnot. Word is, Mayfield is apparently asking for $120 million over 4 years. That's a substantial haul for 1 real year of QB8.

Not sure where he ends up (my guess is Tampa because there really isn’t’ a viable plan B for the Bucs and that appears to be a very good fit for him and the team)…if he does leave Tampa my guess it would be for a pretty substantial offer that only solidifies him as a starting QB somewhere else…sure there is a scenario where he overplays his hand but I would not be trading him in SF right just because of a fear of that scenario…he is a QB who is still pretty young and coming off of a quality season…if history tells us anything it is those guys usually get paid….I don’t mind trading him because a case can be made his value is at a high but the return of Javonte (and giving up another pick) in a SF format doesn’t do a lot for me.

$30mil a year. If they tag him and he repeats, you're adding 50% to that figure to keep him longer term.

If that's the deal I reckon it'll get done.
Really depends on the guaranteed amount, right? Mayfield hasn't been the best at stringing solid season together. I suspect if he gets in the 30-40mil range, the Bucs would need to have an out just in case.

$30mil a year. If they tag him and he repeats, you're adding 50% to that figure to keep him longer term.

If that's the deal I reckon it'll get done.
Really depends on the guaranteed amount, right? Mayfield hasn't been the best at stringing solid season together. I suspect if he gets in the 30-40mil range, the Bucs would need to have an out just in case.

Own zero shares of Baker
That said, he has finally hit his stride. What I don't like is Canales leaving. I think Canales also helped geno Smith in seattle(?)

I'd be trying to sell high off this one year. Not sure if Javonte is enough value in super flex though

Users who are viewing this thread