What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (7 Viewers)

I suspect that will be 7-9 to 9-7 today.  There will be some reaction by the books as people play them Today.  If anything, I would play the first game at each arena 1H under as it’s noon-1PM.  

anyhoo, played Ohio +7.5, UCSB +7.5, USC -6, Mizos -1.5.
Great call on the 1H unders.  Spot on.

Two I played for tomorrow are Illinois -7 and Wisc +6.5.  I think there will be a lot of love for Loyola (i love their game also), but its a bad matchup for the ramblers.  Illinois will play that game also, but with better athletes across the board.  I hated to see Loyola draw them, thought they were screwed in the seeding.  If they were playing someone like Bama or Baylor, I would've played ML.  Unfortunately the Illini Train is rolling right now and should pull out a 10-15 pt win.  The 1H under is a possibility also as its a early start, it'll take Illinois a little bit to figure it out.  It wouldn't surprise me if Loyola is up a point at half either.  

Wisc is a tough team for Baylor with a day to figure it out.  Baylor's defense has been sliding toward the end of the season and thats not good vs a team who turns down 15-ft shots for 5 fters.  It's not much fun running thru picks in a close game or losing.  Baylor really needs a fast start to control tempo, don't know if they can do it.  I may play some ML with the Badgers also.

Two I played for tomorrow are Illinois -7 and Wisc +6.5.  I think there will be a lot of love for Loyola (i love their game also), but its a bad matchup for the ramblers.  Illinois will play that game also, but with better athletes across the board.  I hated to see Loyola draw them, thought they were screwed in the seeding.  If they were playing someone like Bama or Baylor, I would've played ML.  Unfortunately the Illini Train is rolling right now and should pull out a 10-15 pt win.  The 1H under is a possibility also as its a early start, it'll take Illinois a little bit to figure it out.  It wouldn't surprise me if Loyola is up a point at half either.  

Wisc is a tough team for Baylor with a day to figure it out.  Baylor's defense has been sliding toward the end of the season and thats not good vs a team who turns down 15-ft shots for 5 fters.  It's not much fun running thru picks in a close game or losing.  Baylor really needs a fast start to control tempo, don't know if they can do it.  I may play some ML with the Badgers also.
Agreed, already played both.  Also like over 147 in Syracuse/WV.  WV has really sped up the last 1/2 of the season and Syracuse can sink shots.

:wub:

I hit this -1.5 and FLA/PIT afternoon parlay (and most importantly nothing else..) for a nice 2.5x profit day. 

Hopefully back to winning ways :thumbup:
Moneyline, puckline, in regulation, and parlayed with Illinois tomorrow and parlayed with Nova tomorrow.  Had them parlayed with Oregon tonight, but Covid is extremely lame and got in the way.

@Northern Voice Herr GreiSS is in net.  Repeat, GreiSS is in net.  Commence operation Super Nuke Red Wings.
:wub:

I hit this -1.5 and FLA/PIT afternoon parlay (and most importantly nothing else..) for a nice 2.5x profit day. 

Hopefully back to winning ways :thumbup:
I am SAD we will only get to fade this piece of aryan poop 2-3 more times all season.  He is truly the crappy gift that keeps on giving.

I am SAD we will only get to fade this piece of aryan poop 2-3 more times all season.  He is truly the crappy gift that keeps on giving.
Has there been an update on Bernier? He may be hurt or could be traded by the deadline, hold out hope. 

I put a small wager last minute on NJ this afternoon, pure value play with Blackwood back in net but nothing I really love so mostly laying low til tomorrow

Has there been an update on Bernier? He may be hurt or could be traded by the deadline, hold out hope. 

I put a small wager last minute on NJ this afternoon, pure value play with Blackwood back in net but nothing I really love so mostly laying low til tomorrow
No clue, I don't follow that closely.  Just closely enough to check every day to see if Greiss is in net.

N. Texas is the last leg of a parlay 

Adding BEAVERS +6

I hear they woke up feeling Angry!!
BEAVERS!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, the Pac 10 has looked pretty good. The BIg 10 has been p o o p emoji. 

Thinking of starting the day with Oregon but when Iowa gets hot... :scared:

ETA - We can't use the p o o p emoji even though it is available.. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
BEAVERS!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, the Pac 10 has looked pretty good. The BIg 10 has been p o o p emoji. 

Thinking of starting the day with Oregon but when Iowa gets hot... :scared:

ETA - We can't use the p o o p emoji even though it is available.. 🤦‍♂️
As a Ducks homer (and friend of many Oregon State folks), I'm super proud of the Pac12.  To hear so many "experts" slobber over the B1G and Big 12 pre-tourney and completely dismiss Pac12 stuck in my craw.  No offense to you or other B1G fans out there.  To see what the West Coast is doing in the tourney is awfully satisfying.

That said, the Ducks MIGHT cover, but I'd be very surprised if they win today.  Just not deep enough and not enough shooting to keep up with Iowa I think.

As a Ducks homer (and friend of many Oregon State folks), I'm super proud of the Pac12.  To hear so many "experts" slobber over the B1G and Big 12 pre-tourney and completely dismiss Pac12 stuck in my craw.  No offense to you or other B1G fans out there.  To see what the West Coast is doing in the tourney is awfully satisfying.

That said, the Ducks MIGHT cover, but I'd be very surprised if they win today.  Just not deep enough and not enough shooting to keep up with Iowa I think.
Over?   - seems like everyone is on it but early start has me thinking 1H under

Over?   - seems like everyone is on it but early start has me thinking 1H under
I played over, but of course I'm a notorious mush.  So you're idea probably better.  

Also a note I read just now: Fran McCaffery has never made it out of the 2nd round in 7 appearances.  Ducks +5.  :homer:  

60 points in 11 minutes - this will finish like an nba game .. This has to slow down.. yes?

I do like Ducks +5 - I was too 🐔 to take em' now I wish I did . I'll have to look for a halftime or live line.........

What else are we thinking today?

I like all ATS  - UCLA, OH, LSU, FSU, Bama and USC - I mean - isn't it a law you have to bet just about every game on fhe madness when it is on a Monday?

Minnesota Wild -1.5 +112. They're -244 and honestly, I considered hitting that but went this way instead.

Edmonton Oilers +102. Good goalie matchup here with Mike Smith in for the Oilers. They're loading up their top line with McDavid-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi, so I also have Puljujarvi anytime goal prop at +265

Carolina/Calgary parlay +166. I like both these teams as individual bets in the -160 range as well.

I played over, but of course I'm a notorious mush.  So you're idea probably better.  

Also a note I read just now: Fran McCaffery has never made it out of the 2nd round in 7 appearances.  Ducks +5.  :homer:  
seems like a useful stat for next year

Begins NCAAB 2022 Tourney Prep

seems like a useful stat for next year

Begins NCAAB 2022 Tourney Prep
Here are some more, per a twitter capper that is good at finding trends:

WV under Huggins made it past round 2 only twice

McCaffery never made it out of 2nd round in 8 trips now

Illinois under Underwood never made it past 2nd round

Izzo has lost in first two rounds of tourney 15 times as of this year

Creighton hasn't made it past 2nd round in 10 straight appearances

My ricos, the Noles are turning the ball over a lot, the Noles aren't hitting 3s.  Super talented, undisciplined.  I'm seeing a theme with these kind of teams losing, dunno.  Whatchall seeing here?  Wrong team flavored?

My ricos, the Noles are turning the ball over a lot, the Noles aren't hitting 3s.  Super talented, undisciplined.  I'm seeing a theme with these kind of teams losing, dunno.  Whatchall seeing here?  Wrong team flavored?
I haven't bet it either way.  Tough to back Colorado after playing their best game of the season by far two days ago.

I haven't bet it either way.  Tough to back Colorado after playing their best game of the season by far two days ago.
I mean...on one hand FSU is long and athletic, maybe the defense can negate some of those 3s that Colorado hit vs the Patrick Ewings but considering the amount of #### i've been spewing about the Gators losing to Oral Roberts the past dayish...that usually spells trouble for me.

This may be incredibly square but I'm on LSU TT over 71.5 -105 tonight.  They failed to score 72 twice (71 and 69).  It can't be any worse than Illinois and Wisc yesterday, i guess it could.  

Iowa -5 2nd H.. I mean, I might as well bet every game...
I did :bag:  got a bonus offer from MGM for $1k bonus match with 1x rollover - on the bonus only, 😂. I divided 1000/36 and tailed Alan Boston’s new pod. Hit just under break even, I think 51ish percent came in. Churned the bonus with no deposited funds risk, and withdrew. Was fun but never again for every game, it was intense.

The tourney has been profitable.. it would be more so if I could avoid clunkers like Ohio and LSU but ... I merely consider this needed daytime therapy and prep for day baseball!!

Users who are viewing this thread