What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (4 Viewers)

Bulls / Raptors O228.5

I think the points everyone was looking for yesterday from the Raptors show up tonight. Both teams want this win badly and I don't think either play any semblence of "good defense".

Should be sequences of ##### ball tonight.

Pelicans ML, +200

The Smoothie Center is not an easy place to play. The Pelicans actually took a playoff win here against the "Dynasty Warriors". I've seen the Clippers give up in this spot earlier this year.

The Pelicans WANT to win this game a lot more than the Clippers do, imo.|

It's a 2-Pack.

There are edges on the longshots - Buffalo, Ottawa but I'm not going anywhere near either one with my money. 

I added Patrick Kane goal prop at +184

Going to do the Barstool Buzzer Beater promo. Tournament total o1.5 buzzer beaters (game winning score inside last 2 seconds) -180. 10k limit. 64% implied probability, this has hit 78% of the time from 2006 - 2020 so there’s solid EV here. The promo is for every full buzzer beater over you get 2x your stake. If you bet 100 and 3 games hit, you get 200 as a 1x rollover bonus. 4 games hit, you get a 400 bonus, and so on. Plus this is a fun full tourney bet so I’m in.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/friv/ncaa-buzzer-beaters.html

Carolina Hurricanes -1.5 +117. Carolina has won 8 straight, Detroit is awful.

Carolina/Colorado/Minnesota parlay +188.  Or Carolina/Colorado at -110 for the less risk averse.

I'm on Pittsburgh -113 but that's entirely on Boston playing an AHL goalie (Dan Vladar)... I don't feel super strong about it but put a small bet down.

Hooking my dad up with his first credit bookie sometime this week. He expressed interest in betting on race horses around Christmas and we got so drunk we never got around to it.

Pops will like this setup since he won't have to give anyone his credit card. I just told my bookie not to laugh when he's betting $5 a horse.

:lol:

Carolina Hurricanes -1.5 +117. Carolina has won 8 straight, Detroit is awful.

Carolina/Colorado/Minnesota parlay +188.  Or Carolina/Colorado at -110 for the less risk averse.

I'm on Pittsburgh -113 but that's entirely on Boston playing an AHL goalie (Dan Vladar)... I don't feel super strong about it but put a small bet down.
I just keep waiting for Detroit to start Herr Greiss so I can hammer-fade him.  Hasn't happened for quite a while.

I thought you weren’t counting that last bet.
That's part of the fun. I'm like Mr. Magoo falling ### backwards into buckets of cash.

It's like, there's no way this idiot can possibly be the best NBA capper in the planet. Yet all the signs suggest, yes.

I'm just trying to avoid a position where I don't end up slitting my wrists on live stream.

I can stream my suicide live on camera for you @CGRdrJoe. If you seeing my losses is that important.

Yeah, sometimes I forget what I bet the night before and can’t always log in to check my betslips so I use this thread to help me remember. It’s definitely more of an amount that I drank issue but it’s easier to deflect the blame
Here's my view on it. The only thing that matters are tickets that are actually wagered.

I only delete posts AFTER the bet has already started. At that point if somebody has tailed, they've tailed. There's no turning back.

What exactly do I owe people who DIDN'T tail to leave my entire card up? At this point we've either won or lost and a paper trail isn't changing that. When you either won or lost someone money, there's no hiding it.

Sometimes it's easier getting over a loss by just moving on. Some people consider it a ##### move, but again, I'm just trying not to slit my wrists and move onto the next day...

Here's my view on it. The only thing that matters are tickets that are actually wagered.

I only delete posts AFTER the bet has already started. At that point if somebody has tailed, they've tailed. There's no turning back.

What exactly do I owe people who DIDN'T tail to leave my entire card up? At this point we've either won or lost and a paper trail isn't changing that. When you either won or lost someone money, there's no hiding it.

Sometimes it's easier getting over a loss by just moving on. Some people consider it a ##### move, but again, I'm just trying not to slit my wrists and move onto the next day...
I hear you, I’m gonna wait out my hangover and go log in via my phone to check last nights bet. It’s a pain to work in a space you can’t have your phone in and work internet is highly blocked. 

Minnesota Wild +135 - Two great teams. Minnesota has won 5 straight, Colorado has won 4 straight. They have almost identical season records (Minnesota is one point ahead in same number of games). They are identical in their last 10 (7-2-1). They amazingly have the exact same goal totals/differential for the year (86 for, 64 against, +22). Both will start a strong goalie on plenty of rest.

These teams are even. Colorado gets a boost for home ice but it's sure as hell not enough to be +135. I'll take the Wild as an underdog any chance I can but at +135 it's a no brainer value bet for a game that I put at 50/50 or 53/47 or so Avs with the home ice factor.

Users who are viewing this thread