What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official ** KODI ** streaming thread (tips, help, add ons, etc) (1 Viewer)

Some of the things you guys are saying are like a different language to me.I have no clue what you are talking about.I surprised myself by even being able to figure out how to get this on the Firestick. Someone commented earlier that their wife thought it was like magic thats how it seems to me.Being capitalistic its hard to believe this is free.Does no one make money on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the things you guys are saying are like a different language to me.I have no clue what you are talking about.I surprised myself by even being able to figure out how to get this on the Firestick. Someone commented earlier that their wife thought it was like magic thats how it seems to me.Being capitalistic its hard to believe this is free.Does no one make money on this?
Kodi is free, open-sourced software. People do make money by selling subscriptions to streams. 

its strange to me as well, but apparently there's people that just like writing software for others to use or taking tv shows and stripping out all the commercials and putting them up on the internet for others consume.  Its like all those crazy people that maintain wikipedia.  

Thats what I mean whole different language.
Kodi is software. It is free. People create and maintain it as a hobby. It is open sourced so anyone in the world can modify and build on it. 

Kodi acts as an interface to streams. People broadcast streams of TV/Movies/Sports etc. that you connect to via Kodi. Some of those people charge a subscription fee to connect to their streams. You do not have to use their streams though they typically preform (video quality and availability) better than free streams.

It really amazes me how far things have come. 50 years ago you could only get like 3 channels on your tv or 4 if it was cloudy and you turned your outside antenna a little and now its just about unlimited.Really 50 years is not that long when you think about it.

Kodi is software. It is free. People create and maintain it as a hobby. It is open sourced so anyone in the world can modify and build on it. 

Kodi acts as an interface to streams. People broadcast streams of TV/Movies/Sports etc. that you connect to via Kodi. Some of those people charge a subscription fee to connect to their streams. You do not have to use their streams though they typically preform (video quality and availability) better than free streams.
Thanks that makes it a little clearer.

It's the pirate code.  There are and have been streaming services that get a bunch of high quality sources and try to monetize them by making them subscription based. Some are even talked about in this very thread. I don't subscribe to any nor to I support that, but, I'm not going to cast any stones either.  From the first time you recorded a song off the radio with your tape deck the debate began on what copyright means once the material is changed into a digital format and if you've ever seeded a torrent you'd understand that paying back to the community is a different thing than selling copies of DVDs on the street corner.

Want to try this out, just want to make sure I can't do this on my Roku 3 and have to buy a FireTV for it to work correct?

I thought you don't have any kids.   How you using 2 tablets, 2 phones and a firetv at the same time?
You should see the #### on my third and fourth wife.

Seriously though, we aren't hermits and have family and friends stay with us all the time.  And of course I've tested it out.  If you've got limited bandwidth on your wifi a relatively inexpensive upgrade to your router fixes that problem.  AC router is a must have today, so are tablets and such that are compatible.  

You should see the #### on my third and fourth wife.

Seriously though, we aren't hermits and have family and friends stay with us all the time.  And of course I've tested it out.  If you've got limited bandwidth on your wifi a relatively inexpensive upgrade to your router fixes that problem.  AC router is a must have today, so are tablets and such that are compatible.  
Not sure if anything I own even supports AC

So, I've got a pi 3, with Kodi on it....and the Titanium build on top of that.

Lets say I have a NAS (network attached storage device) on the same wired network that the pi 3 is on, and it has a bunch of .mkv files of movies on it.  How do I get the pi to see those and stream those?  Same idea with a roku, if possible. 

So if I return the Roku sticks and buy Amazon Fire sticks (when they are back in stock), just Youtube how to load Kodi onto it?

That simple?

Would any of by chance know what repo builds work for iOS?  Titanium does not seem to work.  

ETA:  NM...user error  :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Free stream quality update:

thevideo.me was my favorite stream, but it now requires an authentication code.

Putlocker now works best for me.  We watched the first 11 Treehouse of Horror eps using Putlocker streams with no problems.  Also some movies and Z Nation eps.

Free stream quality update:

thevideo.me was my favorite stream, but it now requires an authentication code.

Putlocker now works best for me.  We watched the first 11 Treehouse of Horror eps using Putlocker streams with no problems.  Also some movies and Z Nation eps.

I've been rewatching The Sopranos lately and GVideo streams usually are solid.

[SIZE=9pt]I have a few Kodi questions[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]1.     [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Does the build have any effect on how an addon works? For example I have a Schsim (sp) build will exodus work any different on a Titanium build?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]2.     [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]If I do change builds will I lose the Trakt.tv connection that I currently have?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]3.     [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Anyone notice a number of streams that are asking to sync with a website? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Not a question but I like the Trakt.tv connection a lot. It saves me from hearing my wife complain about not getting to see her favorite shows now that we don’t have DVR service. Plus our local PBS doesn’t come in over the air all that well. She is a fan of the Sherlock series [/SIZE]

Have you tried titanium? Watched a vide of no limits and thinking of making the switch 
I have not tried Titanium. Once I made the switch to No Limits, I haven't looked back. I'll give Titanium a try on my next install and report back. 

Kodi is formerly XBMC that is an open source media center software.  It allows what they call addons to be installed that are similar to your apps for your smartphone or your PC running Windows 10. Some of the addons available are capable of finding streams of movies, tv shows and even live tv that are available out on the www for free. Kodi excels at pre-recorded tv shows and movies; if the tv show has already aired (yesterday) or there is a HD version of the movie (released on DVD for example) you most likely will find a stream of it to watch in HD.  Your mileage may vary for live tv; live tv is often in SD and can be difficult to find a working stream.  

Here are a couple links for more info: Link1  Link2 
Had a really bad nfl streaming experience a few weeks ago. Only one source worked and it had no sound and was choppy as hell and delayed. 

[SIZE=9pt]I have a few Kodi questions[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]1.     [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Does the build have any effect on how an addon works? For example I have a Schsim (sp) build will exodus work any different on a Titanium build?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]2.     [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]If I do change builds will I lose the Trakt.tv connection that I currently have?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]3.     [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Anyone notice a number of streams that are asking to sync with a website? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Not a question but I like the Trakt.tv connection a lot. It saves me from hearing my wife complain about not getting to see her favorite shows now that we don’t have DVR service. Plus our local PBS doesn’t come in over the air all that well. She is a fan of the Sherlock series [/SIZE]
1- No, just how the interface looks  and  its location in Kodi

2- Most likely yes.

3- Yes, its either part of some of these sights trying to get paid subscriptions and/or requiring membership to keep from getting shut down. 

Had a really bad nfl streaming experience a few weeks ago. Only one source worked and it had no sound and was choppy as hell and delayed. 
there's one thing I do not rely on when it comes to kodi. live sports

the streams are hit or miss

everything else is :thumbup:

blackdot.  I'm late to this scene, but my WDTVs have been acting up lately.  Rediscovering kodi/xbmc.  I built an HTPC 10+ years ago but haven't followed along.

Anyway, just ordered a new firetv stick to try out the Kodi side load.  Glad to see this thread and a lot of catching up to do apparently.

I've got a network storage I use with my WDTVs, from what I've read the firetv/kodi can stream from there as well as internet sources.

has anyone tried these boxes?

im looking at getting the fire tv box but some of these have better reviews and theyre cheaper

GOOBANG DOO XB-II   $65

HENSCOQI T95Z   $70

PIGFLYTECH Ti6   $75

MINIX NEO U1      $120
I've got a GooBang Doo MXIII. Pretty solid box. I use it for other stuff more than I do Kodi as you can install any Android apps on it. Only complaint would be that the remote is rather sluggish though that may be improved with the newer model.

I went with a matricom G-Box Q2 with a blaze key which loads all the applications and addons.  Easy to setup and works capatible with my Harmony remote.  Have nothing to compare it too and really have not spent enough time for a review, but so far it works and has pretty solid performance. 

I went with a matricom G-Box Q2 with a blaze key which loads all the applications and addons.  Easy to setup and works capatible with my Harmony remote.  Have nothing to compare it too and really have not spent enough time for a review, but so far it works and has pretty solid performance. 
I have the first gen Q and an older one.  Both have been great and work without issue.  They need Kodi upgrades as I am way overdue.

1- No, just how the interface looks  and  its location in Kodi

2- Most likely yes.

3- Yes, its either part of some of these sights trying to get paid subscriptions and/or requiring membership to keep from getting shut down. 
Thanks for the reply Tone

Guess I won't be changing builds anytime soon - Traktv connection is too convenient and I don't feel like messing with it

has anyone tried these boxes?

im looking at getting the fire tv box but some of these have better reviews and theyre cheaper

GOOBANG DOO XB-II   $65

HENSCOQI T95Z   $70

PIGFLYTECH Ti6   $75

MINIX NEO U1      $120
Yes to both the Pigflytech and the Minix.

The PFT was my first box. Solid performer no complaints. I just bought the Minix Neo U1 about a month ago for $119 that came with a free A2 lite air remote (which is about $25 if purchased separate).

Why did I switch? Because I'm a geek and wanted a more up to date box (i.e. the PFT has a ceiling of Kit Kat while the Minix comes with Lollipop). Next question is why I went with Minix. I did a LOT of research. The Matricom is the obvious choice, has a great reputation and I'm sure it's a great box but the support from Minix is second to none IMO. They also have a large and active user community that has a wealth of info (http://www.minixforum.com/).

Yes to both the Pigflytech and the Minix.

The PFT was my first box. Solid performer no complaints. I just bought the Minix Neo U1 about a month ago for $119 that came with a free A2 lite air remote (which is about $25 if purchased separate).

Why did I switch? Because I'm a geek and wanted a more up to date box (i.e. the PFT has a ceiling of Kit Kat while the Minix comes with Lollipop). Next question is why I went with Minix. I did a LOT of research. The Matricom is the obvious choice, has a great reputation and I'm sure it's a great box but the support from Minix is second to none IMO. They also have a large and active user community that has a wealth of info (http://www.minixforum.com/).
are u able to get Netflix and Amazon Prime in HD on the Minix?

are u able to get Netflix and Amazon Prime in HD on the Minix?
Yes. There are Netflix and Amazon video apps in the Google Play store tat can be installed on any Android device. The only downside is that they only support 2 channel audio. At least that's the case with Netflix but I'm not positive about Amazon Prime as I've never used that app.

Ive been using Trakt for a while to keep a watchlist of shows, but its buggy to say the least. I recently started right clicking a show, clicking "add to favorites" and then clicking the star in the bottom left of the Kodi home screen...you can even add "search" to favorites and have a search a click away from the home screen. MUCH better than using Trakt, IMO.

Ive been using Trakt for a while to keep a watchlist of shows, but its buggy to say the least. I recently started right clicking a show, clicking "add to favorites" and then clicking the star in the bottom left of the Kodi home screen...you can even add "search" to favorites and have a search a click away from the home screen. MUCH better than using Trakt, IMO.
Agreed.  I'm not entirely sure what Trakt does. Not sure if it plays any role in solving this, but the one thing that's sorely missing from exodus or kodi in general is to give you a history of what you've watched so that you can see what you watched last and either continue where you left off or move on to the next episode.   That would be very useful whenever I leave exodus and watch something on smoothstream and then come back.

If you use Navi-X (comes as part of Titanium or can be downloaded on its own), it has a history.    Used to be a lot better than it is now.  Or maybe all the other repos just caught up.

If you use Navi-X (comes as part of Titanium or can be downloaded on its own), it has a history.    Used to be a lot better than it is now.  Or maybe all the other repos just caught up.
It doesn't sound like it supports real debrid which I think is a must.  

Users who are viewing this thread