What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Parks and Recreation Thread (1 Viewer)

Ron will never cease to kill me. His delivery is just beautiful.

"You drive. I've had... eleven whiskeys" <smirk> :lmao:

I watched this show back when it had it's first 6 episode season, I was not really that into it. I revisited it this past month and watched all 4 seasons. I must say starting that second season the show really picked up and it became great.

I watched this show back when it had it's first 6 episode season, I was not really that into it. I revisited it this past month and watched all 4 seasons. I must say starting that second season the show really picked up and it became great.
That's the general consensus. You've just got to muddle through s1.

I got a call to work on it today and I got all excited thinking if get to hang out with Ron again, but alas I'm cleaning up behind the shooting crew and rigging for tomorrow, no Ron.

Great episode.I'd watch a spin-off of just Ron doing the call-in show. "First, rub those scratches with a walnut. Second, get a real dog. Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat, and cats are useless"

anyone notice the two (if not more) references to Infinite Jest in tonight's episode. RIP David Foster Wallace. nice little tribute.

eta: Stice, Fackleman, CT Tavis, Kittenplan, Wayne, Troeltsch. what else did i miss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron's schtick just doesn't get old. His doctor visit and the ending with the banana had me cracking up.

I'm glad they seem to have dialed Tom back a bit this season compared to last, because his character was getting way too over the top and old IMO.

Ron's schtick just doesn't get old. His doctor visit and the ending with the banana had me cracking up.

I'm glad they seem to have dialed Tom back a bit this season compared to last, because his character was getting way too over the top and old IMO.
It really doesn't. Agreed on both scenes.

Tom's new girlfriend has turned out to be a funnier addition than I thought she would be.

Ron dealing with becoming a father should be gold.

This show has at least 2-3 laugh out loud moments every week and Ron as others have said does not get old. I could watch 30 minutes on just him. I was not a fan at first but have slowly started watching more and more of these the last couple of seasons. Great supporting roles in this show. Amy Poehler is just fine but she is not the funniest character in this show. I like a sitcom where the supporting characters are used a lot and they do a great job of it.

This show has at least 2-3 laugh out loud moments every week and Ron as others have said does not get old. I could watch 30 minutes on just him. I was not a fan at first but have slowly started watching more and more of these the last couple of seasons. Great supporting roles in this show. Amy Poehler is just fine but she is not the funniest character in this show. I like a sitcom where the supporting characters are used a lot and they do a great job of it.
It's a terrific cast. Every character hits the perfect note. With Community a shell of its former self this is by far the best comedy on TV in my opinion.

Love the show, but I think they (NBC) are putting it on ice after this season. Storylines seem to be all wrapped up, hoping it finds a new channel next season.

Not sure if you guys were serious, but I thought it was pretty well understood that Parks and Rec was coming back for another season.

It's a terrific cast. Every character hits the perfect note. With Community a shell of its former self this is by far the best comedy on TV in my opinion.
I agree with packersfan
I agree, though I think New Girl and Happy Endings are getting close to being in that conversation. Not that the latter will have a chance to keep climbing.

P&R is certainly the gold standard for network comedies at the moment though.

Not sure if you guys were serious, but I thought it was pretty well understood that Parks and Rec was coming back for another season.
Yeah, I think it's finally to the point of being somewhat comfortable in knowing it'll be renewed.

My DVR always cuts off the last 5-10 seconds of this show, but I assume we are about to see Ron Swanson raise children next year. It would be one of the greatest travesties in TV history if we missed that (hoping they jump ahead of the pregnancy).

TobiasFunke said:
I'm not fishing.

1. Ratings have been poor (hit 2.0 once this season)

2. NBC could fraack up a 1 car parade, so my bar is set lower than ground level for that network.

3. Closing loops on storylines is a big clue.

Show's in my top 5-7 on DVR priority and have been watching since day 1, but I would not be surprised to see NBC bury it next season in place of Whitney.

TobiasFunke said:
I'm not fishing.

2. NBC could fraack up a 1 car parade, so my bar is set lower than ground level for that network.

Show's in my top 5-7 on DVR priority and have been watching since day 1, but I would not be surprised to see NBC bury it next season in place of Whitney.
Not sure what you mean by this- they ended the episode by creating a new storyline with Ron knocking up Xena.

Plus I think there was an interview with Michael Schur recently where he seemed pretty sure they'd be back next season.

I had heard the mid-season wedding was written as a possible series finale, but then they got the green light to keep rolling on.

TobiasFunke said:
I'm not fishing.

Not sure what you mean by this- they ended the episode by creating a new storyline with Ron knocking up Xena.
And that Recall Knope thing...

April announced she is going to Vet school in Bloomington. Bloomington is where Indiana University is, they have no Vet school. The Vet school is at Purdue in Lafayette (actually West Lafayette). Why wouldn't they write it accurately?

<<< :boilerdave is butthurt:

April announced she is going to Vet school in Bloomington. Bloomington is where Indiana University is, they have no Vet school. The Vet school is at Purdue in Lafayette (actually West Lafayette). Why wouldn't they write it accurately?

<<< :boilerdave is butthurt:
No different than the writers on "Happy Days" back in the day thinking Madison was about 10 minutes away from Milwaukee.

Describe the season finale in three simple words:

BOBBY KNIGHT RANGER :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy cracks me up even more than Ron. "Leslie, I think I know what might be wrong with you. You might have net...work connectivity problems."

:lmao: :lmao:

I think this show was starting to get a bit stale (though still one of the best network comedies) but what they did in the last 2 minutes last night should give them tons of new angles to play with for next season.

Users who are viewing this thread