What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Parks and Recreation Thread (1 Viewer)

Christie Brinkley as Jerry's wife :lmao:

The Fonz as Papa Saperstein

Heidi Klum and Kristen Bell

All kind of politicians from both sides of the aisle

That dude Craig from near the end

So many classic cameos and funny side characters

Christie Brinkley as Jerry's wife :lmao:

The Fonz as Papa Saperstein

Heidi Klum and Kristen Bell

All kind of politicians from both sides of the aisle

That dude Craig from near the end

So many classic cameos and funny side characters
Agree with all of these. Season 4 got a great boost from Paul Rudd and Kathryn Hahn, right in line with the others you listed.I especially liked Christie Brinkley as Jerry's wife. Let them off the hook for being such #######s to Jerry at the P&R office when it was discovered he had this awesome home life with a gorgeous wife and daughters who just adored him.

Worm said:
And Tammy 2 is ####### awesome. Such a great side story/character.
:sniff: :sniff: She's near.

Ron and Tammy 2 are husband and wife IRL. And pretty much any woodworking element built, demonstrated, or explained by Ron is straight from Nick Offerman and his wood shop. In the scripts, the writers would leave parts blank and let Offerman fill it in with his expertise rather than guess and have him correct them.

“I think so, I’m actually not sure how much money I have. But I do know how many pounds of money I have.”

Aubrey Plaza did Off Camera with Sam Jones and it's awesome. She's pretty odd, but insanely sexy imo. And open about sex. Just her talking is boner material, that's how sexy she is. Highly recommended.

Got a notification that Season 7 is available on Netflix today :excited:

(Still working through season 5 though...)

Aubrey Plaza did Off Camera with Sam Jones and it's awesome. She's pretty odd, but insanely sexy imo. And open about sex. Just her talking is boner material, that's how sexy she is. Highly recommended.
Agreed. I've always thought Amy Poehler was hot too. Not sure what the ruling is on that one but I'm a big fan.

Those two are probably my favorite side characters so far. Jean-Ralphio is [sings] amaAAAaazing.Feeling the Jam love this season too though. Good stuff.
Yeah, Season 5 is Jamm at his best, a city councilman who could not care less about the city.Season 5 also has my favorite Andy Dwyer confessional... "Ron and Diane sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I, hey look a bird!"

Ben's Bachelor Party is in Season 5, an outstanding episode that lets everyone in the ensemble smash at least one gag into the bleachers, a great celebration of the depth of the cast at a point where they all have a good feel for who their characters really are.

I started watching this on Netflix last week. Good stuff.
I'm surprised the first season was only 6 episodes. Kind of a strange way to end a season, but looking forward to more. 

I'm halfway through season 3. Rob Lowe is annoying and Donna doesn't quite flow with the rest of the cast. But I like everyone else.

That was great tonight. If nothing else, glad this thing brought Pawnee back to life again.

Donate
For those that don't know, I heard they're doing an episode with the actual actors in isolation, but in character. Was going to post that they were having this. Saw it promoted on the West Coast earlier. Not sure if they're doing prime time or how they're doing it.  

Good bump.

For those that don't know, I heard they're doing an episode with the actual actors in isolation, but in character. Was going to post that they were having this. Saw it promoted on the West Coast earlier. Not sure if they're doing prime time or how they're doing it.  

Good bump.
Already aired on East Coast (at 8:30 ET). Definitely worth watching — impressive job bringing everyone together. Knope brings the warmth we need right now.

Chris Pratt is the highlight to me.  He cracks me up every time.  A surprisingly strong showing from Garry, uh Jerry.  Perd looked good, lost some weight!  Joan...nevermind.  I was really hoping for a cameo from Mark from season 1, something along the lines of "Where have you guys been?  I've been searching everywhere!"

Was really well done and hope people donate to a good cause.  

Chris Pratt is the highlight to me.  He cracks me up every time.  A surprisingly strong showing from Garry, uh Jerry.  Perd looked good, lost some weight!  Joan...nevermind.  I was really hoping for a cameo from Mark from season 1, something along the lines of "Where have you guys been?  I've been searching everywhere!"

Was really well done and hope people donate to a good cause.  
Perd and Pratt were both great. It’s almost a bit weird watching Pratt still doing Andy’s goofball antics now, but I greatly enjoy that he still seems to get a kick out of them even though he’s now a huge star.

I was really hoping for a cameo from Mark from season 1
I read a few years ago that the actor still holds a major, almost unhealthy, grudge for how his character arc changed and has disdain for most of the people associated with the show. So, pretty unlikely that ever happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really hoping for a cameo from Mark from season 1
I read a few years ago that the actor still holds a major, almost unhealthy, grudge for how his character arc changed and has disdain for most of the people associated with the show. So, pretty unlikely that ever happens!
Yeah after I typed that, I searched to see what he had been up to.  I found the same that you did, that the show started off being more mean spirited (a la The Office) before it found its groove.  Mike Schurr said something to the effect of "He said he'd like to come back at some point in the future, and we would love to have him back".  Paul said he didn't say that, and complained how the show shifted focus.  No love loss there.

can you still watch this somewhere?
I watched it on Hulu, look up Parks and Rec then pick the special (not included in the main series of episodes).

Or more easily just click on Challenge Everything's link :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched that clip yesterday too. It's outstanding.

"Yes.....my humble FARMER" gets me every time.

Also, Ben throwing 25 dice and immediately knowing his move :🤣

So I’m super later to the party. This came on when the wife and I were over our heads in raising babies, working overtime and this just passed us over at the time.

I tried watching but it’s waaaay too Amy Poehler-centric. She’s OK in small doses but as a main character it’s just too much for me.

Does the entire show continue to focus on her?

So I’m super later to the party. This came on when the wife and I were over our heads in raising babies, working overtime and this just passed us over at the time.

I tried watching but it’s waaaay too Amy Poehler-centric. She’s OK in small doses but as a main character it’s just too much for me.

Does the entire show continue to focus on her?
She is the lead throughout. I would say that the show did not really start to hit its stride until season 2 — as much as I love the show, you could probably skip season 1.

Users who are viewing this thread