What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Great night!! That was a really good show. When the bells hit, I about fell off the couch.
I will enjoy this before the cynicism hits me as far as the message they were trying to push tonight as far as WWE leadership going forward.
Get this. Vince is supposedly gone, but his daugher still did the kickoff tonight and then Pritchard (who has always been Vince's yes man/lackey) comes out at the end and is still a big part of the leadership obviously.
Pritchard is a friend of the Rhodes family. When Dusty was wrestling in polka dots, he traveled with ol brother love.
Like Rousey said if Pritchard is still there Vince still has influence. They got to get rid of everyone associated close to Vince at this point. I also have no doubt Levesque knows a few stories of Vince’s extracurricular activities at the office

Great show and weekend.

Night 2 was one of the best Mania's in a long time. WWE is on fire right now.

I can't imagine WWE lets Drew get away. He's doing the best work of his career by far. I think one of WWE's upcoming PLE's is in Scotland. Got to imagine he gets the belt back there.

Mama Rhodes is happy tonight 😁

I had not watched wrestling since I was a kid (I'm nearing 40). My brother convinced me to watch both nights of WrestleMania this year. To understand where the story was at, I read an article that was up on ESPN that was a primer for lapsed wrestling fans, so I at least had *some* idea of what was going on.

I gotta say, I was blown away by how awesome of an event that was. Amazing television.

I was impressed by:
1) The athleticism of the wrestlers.
2) The inclusivity of the whole event. The crowd was going crazy for men, women and people of all races. That was pretty cool. From an outside perspective, when I stopped watching wrestling, I was of the belief that wrestling was "for" a very specific group of people (young, white teenage boys). This WrestleMania, did not feel like that at all, it was genuinely really cool to see that.
3) The spectacle of the whole thing was great. The lights, the screens, the fireworks. It looked like the best produced concert you could ever hope to see.
4) The nods to the past, with wrestlers coming out, that I remember from when I was still watching it (Undertaker was a fave). And obviously the connection between Cody and Dusty Rhodes.

Top marks all around. I'm going to try and watch more often from now on.

You just know they tried everything to get Stone Cold there. Feel like Taker was the consolation. Wish he would have made an entrance though.

I had not watched wrestling since I was a kid (I'm nearing 40). My brother convinced me to watch both nights of WrestleMania this year. To understand where the story was at, I read an article that was up on ESPN that was a primer for lapsed wrestling fans, so I at least had *some* idea of what was going on.

I gotta say, I was blown away by how awesome of an event that was. Amazing television.

I was impressed by:
1) The athleticism of the wrestlers.
2) The inclusivity of the whole event. The crowd was going crazy for men, women and people of all races. That was pretty cool. From an outside perspective, when I stopped watching wrestling, I was of the belief that wrestling was "for" a very specific group of people (young, white teenage boys). This WrestleMania, did not feel like that at all, it was genuinely really cool to see that.
3) The spectacle of the whole thing was great. The lights, the screens, the fireworks. It looked like the best produced concert you could ever hope to see.
4) The nods to the past, with wrestlers coming out, that I remember from when I was still watching it (Undertaker was a fave). And obviously the connection between Cody and Dusty Rhodes.

Top marks all around. I'm going to try and watch more often from now on.
Welcome back! You picked a helluva (kick) weekend to start watching wrestling again.

Point 2 is very salient. The pro wrestling fanbase loves good wrestlers, no matter their origin story.

I'm in awe that we are in a post-Vince era. I think the industry has been saved, quite bluntly.
Triple H is getting a lot of love for where the WWE is right now, but I do think it is worth pointing out that the fans are the reason last night happened. Even we are to believe that they pivoted away from Rock/Reigns because of the fan reaction (I suspect we will never really know since they have talked about it, but you never know if they are being real or are in kayfabe), the original plan didn't have Cody in the main event at all last night. Similar to what happened with Daniel Bryan and WM30, the fans forced their hand to get Cody his moment.

You just know they tried everything to get Stone Cold there. Feel like Taker was the consolation. Wish he would have made an entrance though.
Austin was always a Vince guy and I'm guessing he's not interested in coming back if there's no Vince. We might never see him in the wwe again.
As to your point, yeah, that spot was absolutely for Austin, plus it made sense since Rock and Austin main evented, what, three WM?

I'm in awe that we are in a post-Vince era. I think the industry has been saved, quite bluntly.
Triple H is getting a lot of love for where the WWE is right now, but I do think it is worth pointing out that the fans are the reason last night happened. Even we are to believe that they pivoted away from Rock/Reigns because of the fan reaction (I suspect we will never really know since they have talked about it, but you never know if they are being real or are in kayfabe), the original plan didn't have Cody in the main event at all last night. Similar to what happened with Daniel Bryan and WM30, the fans forced their hand to get Cody his moment.
Not just last night. The entire 2024 Mania season has been a hot one.

Still surprised that he went that way though, with as many times as HHH pulled off big title wins/retains as a heel.

I read somewhere that until Bruce Pritchard is fired/removed from WWE that part of Vince remains with the company. If TKO is trying to erase Vince and set the clock to 0 and have a restart why did all of Vince's ideas/characters play a central role in the WrestleMania main event. Cena, Undertaker, and Rock are all Vince's creations. Rumor was from the finalization of the TKO acquistion of WWE all McMahon family members were going to be bought out or forced out but with the return of Stephanie and the retention of Paul seems like they have done a 180 from that direction. Seems like Vince's Legacy will live on forever even though they will not talk about him every Hall of Fame class will be a reminder of what he did for the company and the industry.

Still surprised that he went that way though, with as many times as HHH pulled off big title wins/retains as a heel.
I won't be surprised if Cody doesn't have a long reign. Triple H loves a heel champion and obviously feels that better storytelling involves a babyface chasing the heel champ, and a long Cody reign wouldn't accomplish that. Cody got his great moment and WWE title last night, but that doesn't guarantee a long reign.
I read somewhere that until Bruce Pritchard is fired/removed from WWE that part of Vince remains with the company. If TKO is trying to erase Vince and set the clock to 0 and have a restart why did all of Vince's ideas/characters play a central role in the WrestleMania main event. Cena, Undertaker, and Rock are all Vince's creations. Rumor was from the finalization of the TKO acquistion of WWE all McMahon family members were going to be bought out or forced out but with the return of Stephanie and the retention of Paul seems like they have done a 180 from that direction. Seems like Vince's Legacy will live on forever even though they will not talk about him every Hall of Fame class will be a reminder of what he did for the company and the industry.
While I agree, it's impossible to do a total reset and just not talk or feature anyone who was a Vince guy or creation. Heck, Reigns was Vince's guy, and I don't see them going away from him any time soon (unless he moves away from the business on his own). But like I said before, the optics are not a good look this past weekend with Stephanie still getting to kick off night 2 and Bruce coming out later.

Of course they have to show it going forward. Last night just feels like a turning point and a really good portent.

The Bruce Pritchard moment was weird. I'm going to predict that was his curtain call and he quietly resigns in the next couple of months. He is the biggest link remaining to Vince, even more than HHH and Steph. TKO clearly feels comfortable with HHH leading the post-Vince WWE. It felt very intentional that they used his real name more this weekend, less character created by Vince and more his own person. If you want Steph to stick around, I would have her take Paul's last name.

Damian Priest is the first Puerto Rican World Champion since Pedro Morales won the WWWF Championship in 1971.

Boricua, pa que tu lo sepas!!! 🇵🇷🇵🇷🇵🇷🇵🇷

The Bruce Pritchard moment was weird. I'm going to predict that was his curtain call and he quietly resigns in the next couple of months. He is the biggest link remaining to Vince, even more than HHH and Steph. TKO clearly feels comfortable with HHH leading the post-Vince WWE. It felt very intentional that they used his real name more this weekend, less character created by Vince and more his own person. If you want Steph to stick around, I would have her take Paul's last name.
Pritchard still there doesn’t sit well with me at all. He clearly defended Vince and knows stuff and was running stuff through Vince when he wasn’t initial there. I get the relationship with Dusty but that was just a poor choice. I love Cody but he does some weird **** and poor choices not reading the room at times. If I was TKO and all I’d have literally said keep Pritchard in the back given his relationship with Vince

Vince McMahon selling shares to Endeavor & TKO; McMahon to only own 4.7% of TKO

According to an SEC filing on Monday morning, it was revealed that the former TKO/WWE chairman Vince McMahon committed to selling over 1.64 million shares to TKO’s parent company Endeavor for $146.2 million and over 1.85 million shares to TKO for $165 million.

The purchase of shares by Endeavor is expected to close on Tuesday. TKO’s share of the bargain is expected to close on Wednesday.

After the sale, McMahon will have just over eight million total TKO shares. According to Wrestlenomics, that will put McMahon at 4.7% ownership of TKO.

This is beneficial to Endeavor & TKO because once McMahon’s shares drop below 5%, the filer [McMahon] will no longer need to publicly file beneficial owner reports with the SEC.

Source: Wrestling Observer

there was a tweet about someone being kicked out last night. Confirmed with a friend who is in the Philly police department who was there. Tweet was some guy was telling women can’t wrestle so was kicked out and a whole section was sh**ting on him. Know a few people who worked security and around that section. Dude was saying some pretty bad stuff including dropping N bombs and homophobic stuff. He was also trying to fight people in the crowd. It was a good removal and security acted swift.

Here’s a question what’s everyone’s opinion of fans who carry title belts with them or fans cosplaying wrestlers? For example I saw a ton of Macho man and Hogans etc out there?

I personally am ok with the cosplay dress up. It’s no different then sports fans wearing their teams jerseys or people getting costume for raider nation, dog pound etc. those are times I think carrying a belt around is ok.

I’m not a fan of people just carrying a belt around. Many have the real thing that cost almost 1k. Like why are you lugging that around like a grown man. I honestly feel they are compensating for other issues or trying to brag. If I had a belt it’d be displayed at home somewhere not being lugged around.

I haven’t heard anything on what promotions but the Rossy Ogawa Might be one of them.

Sports Illustrated reports one of Nick Khan’s potential explorations is to engineer a collaboration between WWE and other professional wrestling promotions.

Pritchard still there doesn’t sit well with me at all. He clearly defended Vince and knows stuff and was running stuff through Vince when he wasn’t initial there. I get the relationship with Dusty but that was just a poor choice. I love Cody but he does some weird **** and poor choices not reading the room at times. If I was TKO and all I’d have literally said keep Pritchard in the back given his relationship with Vince
Who gives a **** about Bruce Pritchard.? Seems like a weird hill to die on here.
Did he know about Vince banging some random employee? Of course he did, but I'm willing to bet every single person did as well from the mail clerk to Linda herself. It doesn't mean they knew about the gory details and depravity. Should everyone in Titan Towers be fired too?
All I'm saying is I haven't seen anything that links Pritchard to all of this beyond him knowing what everyone else knew as well. I'm certain TKO did a thorough investigation and he'd be gone if he was in any way involved.

Who gives a **** about Bruce Pritchard.? Seems like a weird hill to die on here.
Did he know about Vince banging some random employee? Of course he did, but I'm willing to bet every single person did as well from the mail clerk to Linda herself. It doesn't mean they knew about the gory details and depravity. Should everyone in Titan Towers be fired too?
All I'm saying is I haven't seen anything that links Pritchard to all of this beyond him knowing what everyone else knew as well. I'm certain TKO did a thorough investigation and he'd be gone if he was in any way involved.
This 1000 percent.

Bruce was Vince’s right hand guy for yrs so he definately knows more than being reported. TKO is only going to let him stay till something comes up it on him then he’s done. It’s just poor optics letting him out there last night given how close to Vince he was

Bruce was Vince’s right hand guy for yrs so he definately knows more than being reported. TKO is only going to let him stay till something comes up it on him then he’s done. It’s just poor optics letting him out there last night given how close to Vince he was
Ok, using that logic, Taker, Cena, Rock, Austin, Orton etc were also close to Vince and likely knew of his extracurricular activities as well, should they scrubbed out too? Triple H, Stephanie, Heyman, numerous agents too?
My point is, unless you can prove it, you can't just go around firing the people who made the company , well, the company you deemed worthy of buying. Than you have aew, and that's doing a bang up job in the ratings and live shows now. 😆

Last edited:
Some rumors and stuff I’ve seen or heard this week for WWE

No reports of Roman becoming face. Solo vs Roman will happen at some point. Bloodline story isn’t over yet Roman to stay heel. Will next wrestle at SummerSlam

Cody to stay on both brands the main titles won’t change only mid card titles during draft. Netflix wants Cody on there.

WWE wanted Austin but didn’t work out Taker was plan b the whole time for last night

Raw will be commercial free first hour tonight as has been reported

Seth is taking some time off most likely to heel. Posted a few days ago there was talk of him dropping the titling and taking some time off not a Roman vacation but some time to heel up. A heel turn is also mentioned

Creed bros street proffers imperium are tag teams considered in title pic. WWE hasn’t liked the reaction DIY is getting from crowds. There’s no mentions of breaking them up but other options on the table

Tag titles will change soon as well as champions not being locked in. This was more to give truth his flowers as they say and break the tag team titles again.

WM41 was supposed to be announced this week as tradition. No idea what happened

Chad Gable is very much in the IC pic

Paul Levesque wants to end sports entertainment and go back to more of a pro wrestling feel. Expect a lot of changes. Wrestlemania is usually the time the reset button is pushed and it makes a perfect time for TKO, Dwayne, Nick and Paul to make most changes. I wouldn’t expect any major stage changes till Raw is on Netflix and USA has SDL.

Things were more rushed as Levesque said they ran over multiple times on PLEs. Knew they had to cut down on people leaving mania after midnight.

Gunther is advertised for Germany so his visa issues are cleared or will be. He’s applying for US citizenship and during that time you cannot travel outside the country.

A lot of people were hush hush in the know if Punk. I talked to 3 close friends of his that haven’t spoken publicly as they don’t want to be seen taking sides. All three are members of the wrestling community. All said Tony handled it poorly and Punk should’ve been fired after first incident. Lawyers were involved and NDAs were signed. What happened at Wembley Punk f’d up they said. They weren’t there and only going by Punk and what others who were there said. On his WWE didn’t get much other then if Punk acts anywhere close to how he did in the end in AEW TKO will have zero issue terminating his deal. Basically said Hunter and anyone powerful won’t be able to help him if TKO want that. Punk was shocked he wasn’t fired as well after the time. Friends said Kenny and Adam wanted to talk as they seemed to be the most level headed but punk refused without a lawyer. Punk felt he did nothing wrong. Omega knowing that punk was a draw went to TK about the idea of splitting everyone up and Punk didn’t like the idea at all but went with it. Friends said Punk was being irrational about demands and they were trying to have him be reasonable, but once punk has his mind set on something you can’t change it.

All 3 saud they don’t think Punk realized what AEW was about and went in there like he was still in WWE. Numerious AEW people including Cody and others told punk this isn’t WWE so no need to act that way. Punk seemed to do well with certain people but others just couldn’t connect with. There’s define animosity in the industry over what he did to Colt Cobana after the interview.

No news on anyone else taking time off and the Fatu stuff happened well after I had left the city.

Most of the people I knew were very happy if the overall wrestling scene and see a bright future.

Last edited:
Ok, using that logic, Taker, Cena, Rock, Austin, Orton etc were also close to Vince and likely knew of his extracurricular activities as well, should they scrubbed out too? Triple H, Stephanie, Heyman, numerous agents too?
My point is, unless you can prove it, you can't just go around firing the people who made the company , well, the company you deemed worthy of buying. Than you have aew, and that's doing a bang up job in the ratings and live shows now. 😆
Vince kept a pedo in his company for yrs. Bruce helped cover numerious things from talk in the industry. It’s the biggest kept secrets in the industry that’s not been said loudly enough yet about Pritchard and Vince. My logic isn’t about Taker or Austin. I’ve even said Hunter and Steph know a lot more but they were probably better covering their tracks. I’ve also heard from those in the know talk of Cena knowing more and this was one of the reasons Nikki Bella broke up with him. The Bella’s also weren’t big on Lauranitis with their mother.

From my understanding Heyman was more focused on his own family. He was good friends with Vince in a buisiness sense.

The others maybe knew a little but not enough to say or prove for a fact. Many like them have hinted on knowing stuff with “he’s a bit strange” “Vince is weird” etc type comments. I just don’t think they knew in detail.

Pritchard is seen with Vince everywhere. Shane left because of Vince’s issues. I don’t think he knew how deep it went from all reports and people on the know Shane would leave before any of the horrific things happened. Linda is as guilty as Vince. She may not have done what Vince did but she’s an asset to the crime and should pay too.

If you’re TKO I’d have taken out everyone. Bruce Pritchard should’ve been among the first. Russo leaving the company when he did is also no coincidence.

I’m not even worried about AEW at this point. I’m more concerned about sexual abuse and human trafficking that happened in the largest company in pro wrestling. We all know Vince has covered up stuff for yrs. Snuka murdering his GF, the ring boy scandal, Pat Patterson being a pedo, hogans issues etc.

All I was saying considering Prichard was always with Vince no matter what and this thing still fresh it wasn’t good optics on WWE to bring him out there.

This last part is a bit surprising from you. If you’ve followed AEW at all they are catering to a nitch group. I don’t think they care about ratings and from all reports the network is very happy with AEW. Also let’s go for a history lesson. WWE in the mid 90s were struggling. Terrible ratings for raw and live attendance looked like a backyard wrestling show. The attitude era saved the company. Since 06 WWE live events (non tv shows) have plummeted from 12k to barely getting 5k. Since Punk left in 2014 WWE raw has also lost fans it doesn’t look bad because WWE use to get 5-6m during attitude era. From 2000 at 5m they went down to almost 2m in 2017. Last weeks raw b didn’t even avg out to 2m viewers either it was a 1.7. The important demo the 17-40 (someone correct the number there if wrong) is very important and has lost a ton for yrs.

So people can spare me but the ratings when RAw and WWE has been gaining less and less fans here

Cody Rhodes says it would be special to bring back the Winged Eagle belt, but reiterates that he’s not in-charge and that it’s up to HHH to make it happen.

(via The Pat McAfee Show)

Users who are viewing this thread