What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Off to Minneapolis for Rampage and Full Gear.

It's supposed to be cold. 🥶
If you will be in Minneapolis through Sunday night, I HIGHLY recommend you also go to the F1RST Wrestling show at First Avenue. Sunday night at 7 PM. F1RST Wrestling always puts on a great show. Biggest name is Ariya Davari who is back after his time in WWE.

Ric Flair's podcast returns November 17th.  That's the good news.  The bad news is his cohost is insufferable tool Mark Madden.  He is the self-glossed "Super Genius" of Pittsburgh sports talk radio and an annoyance to anyone with a brain.

For those too young to remember his WCW days, this Reddit post explains everything about the match.  Unfortunately, the YT link to the match in the post is dead, which is probably for the best.

In news that is probably only interesting to me: the Cheap Heat podcast moved from ESPN to under The Ringer Wrestling podcast umbrella. That gives that company three shows now with: Masked Man Show (David Shoemaker and Kaz), Cheap Heat (Peter Rosenberg, SSG and Dip Flair) and MackMania. 

My favorite podcast was the early version of Cheap Heat with David Shoemaker and Peter Rosenberg working off each other. It was a good combo. It was awkward this week when they tried to do a four-man podcast, but I hope it straightens out. 

Interesting that ESPN didn't fight to keep a wrestling podcast under their brand. Maybe they throw money at one of the many other ones out there.

If you will be in Minneapolis through Sunday night, I HIGHLY recommend you also go to the F1RST Wrestling show at First Avenue. Sunday night at 7 PM. F1RST Wrestling always puts on a great show. Biggest name is Ariya Davari who is back after his time in WWE.
We are leaving early Sunday, but looks like we get a taste of F1RST tonight - Dante Martin vs Ariya Daivari!

If you’re a part of wrestling Twitter, you may know about Jessi The Buckeye. She has to have a total removal of her colon. If you have a prayer or best wishes, send them her way. 
After this over, Bully Ray has invited her to appear on Busted Open Radio. :thumbup:  

If you’re a part of wrestling Twitter, you may know about Jessi The Buckeye. She has to have a total removal of her colon. If you have a prayer or best wishes, send them her way. 
After this over, Bully Ray has invited her to appear on Busted Open Radio. :thumbup:  

I saw she was in the hospital the other day but she wasn't sure what was wrong yet. 

Bully Ray inviting her on Busted Open? Had to have been someone else thats not the Buly Ray I know these days 

Are there any semi-reliable streams for aew ppvs? I actually would pay for this card but have to miss the first half of the show. Well, I would actually probably go to it live but I’d have to miss almost all of it. Lol. Tia.  

Are there any semi-reliable streams for aew ppvs? I actually would pay for this card but have to miss the first half of the show. Well, I would actually probably go to it live but I’d have to miss almost all of it. Lol. Tia.  

watch wrestling has a good source. If you buy it you can replay it though

The E really messed up on Tay Conti

That Punk vs Kingston was a slobber knocker of a match

We are in the street fight with AEW championship next and NJPW battle in the valley starting right now 

I'll be there tonight!

Daivari vs Christopher Daniels in the main event, but we'll see if any other AEW talent pop over for a surprise appearance. 

Eddie Kingston vs CM Punk was my match of the night.

The culmination of AEW's first act was my moment of the nigh-... no, my moment of the year.

JB Breakfast Club said:
I'll be there tonight!

Daivari vs Christopher Daniels in the main event, but we'll see if any other AEW talent pop over for a surprise appearance. 
I think the card looks pretty good, but I too am hoping for an AEW drop in. Orange Cassidy has wrestled a couple of times with F1RST in the past.

But did you see Baron von Raschke?
Met him, and his family back in 1987.. I was selling horse racing forms and programs at Canterbury Downs in Minnesota... Had my head down when a saw this huge hand on the stand and a "normal" voice ask for a program.. Looked up to find Baron with his wife and child.

He laughed when he saw my face.. Probably something like this :shock:  .. 

Met him, and his family back in 1987.. I was selling horse racing forms and programs at Canterbury Downs in Minnesota... Had my head down when a saw this huge hand on the stand and a "normal" voice ask for a program.. Looked up to find Baron with his wife and child.

He laughed when he saw my face.. Probably something like this :shock:  .. 
I met Butch Vaschon back in the 90s; cool guy.

Love heel Bryan Danielson

CM Punk vs MJF? Yes please

Love The Pit Bull's reactions in the ring

Best Friends with CHOAS makes sense. For those who don't know Trent and Chucky T were Tag Team in NJPW as part of CHOAS. Rocky Romero who was vice Leader to Nakamura I believe at the time (Someone correct me if I have my timelines wrong as Okada may have been Leader then) when Trent was there and Rocky was part of CHOAS and they formed Roppongi Vice. Rocky Romero was part of Tag Team Forever Hooligans with now NJPW strong color Commentator Alex Koslov. Koslov took an indefinite absence and Rocky later revolved a new partner in Trent Barretta. Trent and Rocky broke off when Trent wanted to go single to the Heavyweight division and Rocky gave Trent his blessing. Rocky after their final match as a tag team announced manager role for him and brining in a new tag team Roppongi 3K with Yoh and SHO. The later turned on his tag partner this past year and in September after defeating Yoh Sho was announced as a new member of Bullet Club. 

I honestly love AEW when it comes to this stuff. They don't pretend certain things never happened and the partnership with Ishi and CHOAS for Best Friends makes sense. You aren't left wondering why some random tag team joined some stable/faction etc. Most Hardcore AEW fans who follow NJPW will understand it and I think one thing AEW needs to do is give more back history on why these friendships and feuds make sense when dealing with NJPW talent and others. 

Tom Servo said:
BD took just three minutes to move the crowd for him to against him...a master stroke from him.  He wants Hangman to get over as the champion and him playing heel here works very well.  Condescending BD is a great BD.

Yep its some of the best. I loved him and Red Beard together during his title reign on Smackdown and probably the last time I really watched Smackdown religiously was then too. 

Got this from a buddy of mine since Sean (I don't want to try to be a wrestler but I am) Ross Sapp is reporting more WWE releases

John Morrison, Isiah Swerve, Teagan Knox, Top Dolla, Ashante Adonis, Isiah Swerve Scott, Drake Maverick, Shane Thorn (MDK reunion please!!!), Drake Maverick, and Jaxson Ryker. 

WWE won't have a roster by next June if this continues. 

Would love to see Morrison in Japan, Thorne reunion with Mikey, Knox would be great for AEW. Morrison might go to AAA as they have interest in his wife. 

Got this from a buddy of mine since Sean (I don't want to try to be a wrestler but I am) Ross Sapp is reporting more WWE releases

John Morrison, Isiah Swerve, Teagan Knox, Top Dolla, Ashante Adonis, Isiah Swerve Scott, Drake Maverick, Shane Thorn (MDK reunion please!!!), Drake Maverick, and Jaxson Ryker. 

WWE won't have a roster by next June if this continues. 

Would love to see Morrison in Japan, Thorne reunion with Mikey, Knox would be great for AEW. Morrison might go to AAA as they have interest in his wife. 

He must have really done something to piss off Vince to get released twice.

Seems like a great time for a GFW Jeff Jarrett reboot! :towelwave:

I wouldn't be surprised in the least. There is room for a another company. It's crystal clear that WWE is looking to sell and going to be a brand of "superheroes" that someone (NBC/Peacock) can market the hell out of. AEW is going to do AEW things. 

The comment was made last night that there are a lot of smart people that can run wrestling companies out there right now. Jeff Jarrett, Billy Corgan, Dixie Carter (yes, I know), Joe Koff, any of these people could handpick a decent roster and start telling stories.

My hope honestly is that HHH has had enough, cuts ties with WWE, sits through his non-compete to not mess with his stock shares, and starts something on his own.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least. There is room for a another company. It's crystal clear that WWE is looking to sell and going to be a brand of "superheroes" that someone (NBC/Peacock) can market the hell out of. AEW is going to do AEW things. 

The comment was made last night that there are a lot of smart people that can run wrestling companies out there right now. Jeff Jarrett, Billy Corgan, Dixie Carter (yes, I know), Joe Koff, any of these people could handpick a decent roster and start telling stories.

My hope honestly is that HHH has had enough, cuts ties with WWE, sits through his non-compete to not mess with his stock shares, and starts something on his own.

Dixie Carter is a fantastic person in her own right. I absolutely loved meeting her at Lockdown in Philly where Foley vs Sting happened in the cage. She was so professional and personable with all the fans. She could run a company if she has someone partnered similar to Double J who knows the business. I think she learned a lot from her TNA days though

I've been saying for awhile I think for the last 5-6 yrs WWE has been trying to get ready to sell at some point but the last 2 yrs you can see clear signs. WWE needs to sell but I hope it's not someone like NBC who would really destroy the company IMHO. 

People for awhile have been saying hopefully Hunter and Shane break away from WWE and maybe do something themselves. Even if they worked together on it. it'd be something really cool. Shane has always been well respected by the wrestlers because he was always willing to take the crazy bumps and do other things that got him a lot of respect despite being the Bosses son. The things Shane did in his younger days helped his rep. He's also a pretty good creative guy too. Hunter with all his accolades too would have no problem recruiting talent either plus like Shane is very creative. Ive heard rumors in the past about Hunter eventually maybe leaving WWE and starting something on his own but nothing was ever concrete. It was always viewed an idea in the back of his head but doubt it'd ever happen unless the company was sold and he didn't take over WWE. 

@hagmania maybe you can help me with this before going to support. My NJPWWorld Sub has two bills on my bank account same amount. Is it possible I accidentally doubled subbed and forgot to cancel on my old account? I remember making a second because of some issue but never remember even subbing for NJPWworld  on my first account. I checked my other statements online around the same date I get billed by them monthly and I've seen several others like this. 

Figured before I do anything ask you if you knew anything about this billing. 

The NWA has Hard Times 2 coming up, and would be remiss if I didn’t put over two of my favorites on the Indy scene. Lady Frost will be competing for the NWA Womens Tag Team Championship, teaming with Natalia Markova against Kylie Rae and Tootie Lynn against the champs The Hex. 
Meanwhile, her husband, Victor Benjamin The Savage Gentleman, will participate in a gauntlet match for a shot at the newly revived NWA Junior Heavyweight title. 

The NWA has Hard Times 2 coming up, and would be remiss if I didn’t put over two of my favorites on the Indy scene. Lady Frost will be competing for the NWA Womens Tag Team Championship, teaming with Natalia Markova against Kylie Rae and Tootie Lynn against the champs The Hex. 
Meanwhile, her husband, Victor Benjamin The Savage Gentleman, will participate in a gauntlet match for a shot at the newly revived NWA Junior Heavyweight title. 
' 

I thought Kylie Left again for personal reasons? 

@hagmania maybe you can help me with this before going to support. My NJPWWorld Sub has two bills on my bank account same amount. Is it possible I accidentally doubled subbed and forgot to cancel on my old account? I remember making a second because of some issue but never remember even subbing for NJPWworld  on my first account. I checked my other statements online around the same date I get billed by them monthly and I've seen several others like this. 

Figured before I do anything ask you if you knew anything about this billing. 
Only thing I really know is that they bill on the 1st. Did you perhaps buy one month toward the end of October?

Really really nice accomplishment by Randy Orton tonight, most PPV matches ever competing in, breaking the record of Kane.

Quiet consistency to go with The Rock's white hot peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread