What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** rap super group draft (2 Viewers)

Someone explain this video to me.

Pretty amazing video as well as this white guy's comfort with the N word. Am I alone in my interpretation of Cool J's lyric "Crushed Moe Dee, Hammer and Ice T's Curl"? Why would "girl" make any sense there? You killed 2 other rappers and then Ice T's chick? Cool story, bro.I did a quick Google lyric search and saw "girl" used multiple times. Official judge's ruling?

Are you asking is LL's lyric "curl" or "girl?"

Then it's definitely girl.

As in he not only did LL crush (defeat) Kool Moe Dee and Hammer in MC skills, but he crushed (smashed, f####d) Ice T's girl...who at the time was the chick on the cover of his album. I believe it was Power.

Are you asking is LL's lyric "curl" or "girl?"Then it's definitely girl.As in he not only did LL crush (defeat) Kool Moe Dee and Hammer in MC skills, but he crushed (smashed, f####d) Ice T's girl...who at the time was the chick on the cover of his album. I believe it was Power.
I thought it was in reference to his Jheri Curl. Maybe I'm wrong? :shrug:

Ice-T never had a jheri curl.

Did he?

I more so remember a press. But not a curl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the FFA peanut gallery doesn't get a vote because we don't know #### about rap/hip-hop, but I would cast mine for Cliff Clavin I would have nabbed Tech N9ne over Charlie 2na and Yelawolf (yes, I know he's from the south) or Brotha Lynch Hung over Krazie Bone in the wild card slot, but he still blew the doors off. I'm an admitted West Coast hardcore rap junkie, so I hope you East Coast guys don't take it personally.
:goodposting: Chali 2na is a personal favorite. I definitely could have gone with a better fit but Chali is just so ####### smooth and has such a unique voice.

I sent Arizona Ron a list in the 4th round... 1) Too Short 2) Krayzie Bone 3) Chali 2na :mellow: . Took Chali before Krayzie and still had him left for a flex spot. Wanted to switch my flex to Suge Knight after Premier took Illmatic.

I know the FFA peanut gallery doesn't get a vote because we don't know #### about rap/hip-hop, but I would cast mine for Cliff Clavin I would have nabbed Tech N9ne over Charlie 2na and Yelawolf (yes, I know he's from the south) or Brotha Lynch Hung over Krazie Bone in the wild card slot, but he still blew the doors off. I'm an admitted West Coast hardcore rap junkie, so I hope you East Coast guys don't take it personally.
:goodposting: Chali 2na is a personal favorite. I definitely could have gone with a better fit but Chali is just so ####### smooth and has such a unique voice.

I sent Arizona Ron a list in the 4th round... 1) Too Short 2) Krayzie Bone 3) Chali 2na :mellow: . Took Chali before Krayzie and still had him left for a flex spot. Wanted to switch my flex to Suge Knight after Premier took Illmatic.
You killed it man. All you had to do was add Tech Nizzle and Twista or Ant Banks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIcd1YHBSM

Kcez, Tech N9ne, K.C., Yelawolf, Twista, Busta Ryhymes, De Loc, Insane...

For Cliff's West Coast group...I wasn't a fan of Chali2na. I would've liked to see someone like MC Ren, DJ Quik (MC), MC Eiht, Mack 10 get chosen. And then I would've preferred Warren G or Johnny J over Daz as a producer.

For Cliff's West Coast group...I wasn't a fan of Chali2na. I would've liked to see someone like MC Ren, DJ Quik (MC), MC Eiht, Mack 10 get chosen. And then I would've preferred Warren G or Johnny J over Daz as a producer.
Should've taken Ant Banks as his first producer IMO.

@SacBob - So what's the next step for the "voting" process? Have you nailed it down yet? I know I'm not the only one looking forward to it.

Anyone want to hook me up with a mix of Jay-Z, Black Thought, Joell Ortiz, Phonte, Sean Price over some 9th and Buckwild production with Mary on the hook? Been trying to come up with something and have failed miserably.

I like your idea of the tournament, setting up 2 brackets of 8 with the winners of each competing for the "championship."

I think the criteria should be based on something like the following:

*MC skills - how good of "rappers" are they

*Group Cohesion - how well does the group fit together

*Diversity of Potential Songs - are they one dimensional, or can they cover a variety of topics

*Commercial Appeal - how successful the group would be in the hip-hop music market

*Influence - how influential this group would have been.

How about each drafter ranking the groups 1-X (not your own) and the group with the most points wins? Only criteria would be pure awesomeness.

I like your idea of the tournament, setting up 2 brackets of 8 with the winners of each competing for the "championship."

*Diversity of Potential Songs - are they one dimensional, or can they cover a variety of topics

*Commercial Appeal - how successful the group would be in the hip-hop music market

:lmao: coming from the guy who drafted TI and Little Wayne...keep it real, no sellout.

:lmao: coming from the guy who drafted TI and Little Wayne...keep it real, no sellout.
How exactly are we defining sellout?

That is an incredibly slippery slope. Just because an artist sells records does not mean that he's a sellout.

So I would love a clarification.

Not trying to argue, but would love some dialogue on this issue.

That is an incredibly slippery slope. Just because an artist sells records does not mean that he's a sellout.

Those dudes are straight marshmallow, son. They need to be wearing a pillowcase. You cut the dude open n you gots feathers flying around the room. Those muthafckas probably got lotion pumpin through they veins n ####. Dont get the god wrong or nothin like that cos i fcks wit some of their ish, namsayin. Those aloe vera MCs too soft for the god liking as of late.

Those dudes are straight marshmallow, son. They need to be wearing a pillowcase. You cut the dude open n you gots feathers flying around the room. Those muthafckas probably got lotion pumpin through they veins n ####. Dont get the god wrong or nothin like that cos i fcks wit some of their ish, namsayin. Those aloe vera MCs too soft for the god liking as of late.
:lmao: this never gets old!

'bonesman said:
Independant judging is leaning toward PinkydaPimp's group as #1 and Kenny Powers' group as #2
I'm pretty sure Pinky has my vote too... workin on putting a mix together right now.
:thumbup:
That Pinky Ring Ish
well done!!!! :pickle:
Glad you dig it man, good picks. I got a little lazy on the mix letting Lboogie's verse just run till the song faded out... but it made a decent transition to the Edub.

Anyone want to hook me up with a mix of Jay-Z, Black Thought, Joell Ortiz, Phonte, Sean Price over some 9th and Buckwild production with Mary on the hook? Been trying to come up with something and have failed miserably.
I probably got something for that. Might need help w/ the Sean P vox though... you got any HeltaSkelta acapellas?

I probably got something for that. Might need help w/ the Sean P vox though... you got any HeltaSkelta acapellas?
I might. I'll check when I get home.

Independant judging is leaning toward PinkydaPimp's group as #1 and Kenny Powers' group as #2
Clearly these people know things :thumbup: ..as far as the voting goes, Id honestly like a month to listen to the MCs Im not that familiar with, otherwise, some groups might not get a fair shake from me.

Clearly these people know things :thumbup: ..as far as the voting goes, Id honestly like a month to listen to the MCs Im not that familiar with, otherwise, some groups might not get a fair shake from me.
For only picking up hip hop in 2005, you did a great job KmfP. After my squad of lyrical assassins, I think your team is my second favorite. You're fckin in!

UsualMix-9th-Jay-Thought-P-Buck-Blige-Phonte-Ortiz
You, sir, are a mother fn genius. I was second guessing my MJB pick, but she ties everything together perfectly. Good job!!!
Yep, Bonesman doing the lord's work here. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread