What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Seinfeld draft thread (2 Viewers)

For my last pick, I'll have to go with

Mr Wilhelm

boss

WILHELM: I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And,

one day, we will do the cleaning.

GEORGE: (urgent) Mr Wilhelm, listen. You've been abducted! Please, Mr

Wilhelm, you gotta listen to me!

WILHELM: Wilhelm? (he raises the nozzle of his cleaner) My name is Tanya.

I take it I can't have Frank Costanza as a boss then if he isn't in the list? Just wondering because I will make a different selection then. If anyone wants to PM about boss's they like that are left I am open to suggestions although I do have a couple in mind anyway.

I take it I can't have Frank Costanza as a boss then if he isn't in the list? Just wondering because I will make a different selection then. If anyone wants to PM about boss's they like that are left I am open to suggestions although I do have a couple in mind anyway.
Oops, knew there was something else I meant to answer. No, you can't take Frank as a boss. We went over this earlier when jvw wanted to take Elaine as Jerrys gf...same difference. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boss: Calvin Klein

[setting: Calvin Klein's office]

(A couple people are sitting with Klein, and talking. Kramer is no where in sight)

WOMAN: About the focus group? I had nothing to do with the focus group. What's your point? (She sees Kramer emerge from another room. He's wearing only

dress shoes, socks, and his briefs) My.. he's sexual, athletic.. an' without a trace of self-consciousness!

KLEIN: His buttocks are sublime!

MAN: Of course, his pectorals could use a little work - I suppose we could get him into the weight room.

WOMAN: (Mesmerized with Kramer's body) No, let's get him in the studio today. We can send these out immediately.

(Kramer casually puts his hand on the wall, attempting to lean on it, but the corner is rounded, and he slides along it, eventually falling down. Fortunately, the other

people don't notice - they're talking amongst themselves)

MAN: You've done it again, C.K.!

(Scene ends)

Since several of you seem to be hanging around here anyway, feel free to take your pick selections thus far over to the test forum and begin you're write up. Lets keep it to 3 lines per selection. They'll be 4 groups of 3 going head to head. Then with 4 semi finals, would you prefer 1 more poll for a winner or 2 H2H and 1 final H2H? I'd like to start the polls by Monday at the latest and give each set of polls 48 hours. Anyone that doesn't have a write up posted in the test forum or pm-ed to me, I'll just use their list as is.
bumpTest Forum

I'll compile the write ups Monday morning and post them. 48 hours of voting and then a final poll. Please no alias voting. This is for fun, no cash prize, no reason to cheat.

Items the were missed in the draft. just thought I would get it startedLocations- The Corner of 1st and 1st Ave, the Nexus of the Universe- The VaultCharacters- Jack Klumpus- Ramon the Pool Boy

The GF pick I'm surprised didn't go was Bette Midler's understudy in the Jeff Gilooly-inspired episode. The one who cried about everything.

Lots of other good choices. I had these other responses lined up:object - Elaine’s Christmas card, Electric Color Dreamcoat, woody woodpecker balloon, george’s mom dollphrases - Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? You want a piece of me? Up here, I'm already gone! No soup for you!, sponge-worthy, hot-n-heavycharacter - Sandy Baron (Jack Klompus)guest star - George Wendt, carol cane, Rob Schneider, Sarah Silverman, Molly Shannon, Amanda Peet

One or two of these may have gone. I didn't double-check everything I made a note of:"You are SOOOOO good lookin'!""Giddy-up"How about Courteney Cox as his girlfriend/wife for the dry cleaning discount? The model from The Pick? Klompus was huge ovesight IMO. Great character. And Mrs. Ross over Susan? The Drake? Love the Drake. How about Bubble Boy character? The episode went, but not the character. And how about Kramer's alter-ego Dr. Van Nostrand?The space pen, Tropic of Cancer/Capricorn, JFK's golf clubsDrake's coffee cakes, Pisano's calzones, muffin tops, H-e-double n-i-g-a-n spells HenniganThe parking garage as a location instead of an episode. Much like the Chinese restaurant, this was one of the great "nothing" locations. Or Reggie's bizarro coffee shop.

Of the things that went undrafted, though, there were only two things that passed by that really disappointed me.One was a great, albeit brief, guest appearance by Wilford Brimley as Henry Atkins, the Postmaster General. "Kramer, I've been, uh, reading some of your material here. I gotta be honest with you: you make a pretty strong case. I mean, just imagine. An army of men in wool pants running through the neighborhood handing out pottery catalogs, door to door.""Well, it's my job. And I'm pretty damn serious about it. In addition to being a postmaster, I'm a general. And we both know, it's the job of a general to by God get things done. So maybe you can understand why I get a little irritated when someone calls me away from my golf.""Sure, you're sorry. I think we got a stack of mail out at the desk that belongs to you. Now, you want that mail, don't you Mr. Kramer?"The second thing would have won my vote by itself had anyone taken it as a flex. I can not count the number of times I've made reference to "A young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk." Rochelle, Rochelle would have been a $$$ flex IMO.Both posts edited because I can't type worth a ####.

Rochelle Rochelle was on my list, I thought about just the Seinfeld movies as a flex pick, Firestorm, SackLunch and Death Blow included.

The Merv Griffin Show"More wine and turkey?""Triptaphen"

KRAMER: No, no, no, no. These brown things. The chairs. Jerry, this is the set from the old Merv Griffin Show! They must be throwing it out. This stuff belongs in the Smithsonian!JERRY: Yeah, at least in the dumpster behind the Smithsonian.KRAMER: Look at this. Boy, one minute Elliot Gold is sitting on you and the next thing - you're yesterday's trash.
"No, you idiot! Hawks eat squirrels!"

The second thing would have won my vote by itself had anyone taken it as a flex.  I can not count the number of times I've made reference to "A young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk."  Rochelle, Rochelle would have been a $$$ flex IMO.
I think "movie" would have been a funny category. Got this from a list somewheres:
Agent Zero

Blame it on the Rain

Blimp: The Hindenberg Story  :lmao:

Brown-Eyed Girl

Checkmate

Chow Fun

Chunnel

Cold Fusion

Cry, Cry Again  :lmao:

Cupid's Rifle

Death Blow "We're missin' the death blow!"

Extreme Measures

Firestorm

Means to an End

Mountain High

The Muted Heart

Ponce de Leon  :lmao:

Prognosis Negative  :lmao:

Rochelle, Rochelle  :thumbup:

Sack Lunch  :lmao:

The Other Side of Darkness

Well, since there are only 2 bosses that I really love, and one is off the board, I'm going with my other boss:

Mr. Kruger of Kruger Industrial Smoothing.
reach
Not such a reach. He and J-Pete are easily the best bosses on the board.Oh, and screw you, Marco. I was targeting Kruger w/my next pick.
Agreed. They are by far the two best bosses in the series---sorry I stole him from ya.
RIP Mr. Kruger

Users who are viewing this thread