What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Seinfeld draft thread (1 Viewer)

For Jerry's girlfriend, I'm taking:

Jeannie Steinman

Played by Janeane Garofalo, Jerry meets his cereal lovin', wisecrackin', Superman-obsessed counterpart and proposes marriage - to his immediate distress ("I can't be with someone like me - I hate myself!").
Saw that episode a couple of weeks ago - that was a really good pick.

we will have to discuss the best items not picked after the draft
Challenge Everything and I were putting together and all-FA team via PM. Yes, it's pathetic.
I'm sure there are tons of stuff we've forgotten. I should have made a cheatsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Challenge Everything and I were putting together and all-FA team via PM. Yes, it's pathetic.
I'm sure there are tons of stuff we've forgotten. I should have made a cheatsheet.
It's tough. Everytime I think, "Oh, hey, this is the best thing left at X spot," somebody comes along with something I think may be just a little bit better. There are still some undrafted things that surprise me a little, though.

Beefarino - food

You fed Beefarino to the horse?

RUSTY!!! RUSTY!!!!
SOD right there.I'm so keen-o

On Beef-A-Reeno

What a delicious cuisine-o

Fit for a king and queen-o!

Yeah. Eat up. I got thirty four more cans.

It's tough. Everytime I think, "Oh, hey, this is the best thing left at X spot," somebody comes along with something I think may be just a little bit better. There are still some undrafted things that surprise me a little, though.
There's a quote (or catchphrase) that really, really stands out to me.

Beefarino - food

You fed Beefarino to the horse?

RUSTY!!! RUSTY!!!!
SOD right there.I'm so keen-o

On Beef-A-Reeno

What a delicious cuisine-o

Fit for a king and queen-o!

Yeah. Eat up. I got thirty four more cans.
There were other foodstuffs that were more prominent in the show, but none gave as much bang for your buck as Beefarino.

I tried to balance things that would go over well to Seinfeld fans in general with things that I enjoyed personally (of course, this does not apply to the Maestro pick). For example, I picked "These pretzels are making me thirsty!" over "Serenity now!" knowing the latter would probably be a more popular pick, because I'm a big Woody Allen fan.

Edited to add: I realize that last sentence needs a syntax injection.

There's a quote (or catchphrase) that really, really stands out to me.

Yeah, the pickin's at girlfriend are slim.

I'll go with Jane a.k.a Erica---the phone sex girlfriend

Played by Jami Gertz of Lost Boys/Less Than Zero fame (well, not really fame).

JANE: (to Jerry) Don't call me anymore

(Jerry doesn't say anything and waves his hands)

(Jane walks by Kramer and turns back)

JANE

(to Kramer, in a very sensual voice) You either.

(sticks her tongue out )

JANE

(to Kramer, in a very sensual voice) You either.

(sticks her tongue out )
She also couldn't spare a square. :thumbup:

There's one GF pick I'm surprised didn't go. She was my backup in case Kristen Davis was off the board. Rehashing the leftovers might be as fun as the draft.

JANE

(to Kramer, in a very sensual voice)  You either.

(sticks her tongue out )
She also couldn't spare a square. :thumbup:
Maybe she didn't have a square to spare.(Almost picked square as my inanimate object. Another tough call.)

There's one GF pick I'm surprised didn't go. She was my backup in case Kristen Davis was off the board. Rehashing the leftovers might be as fun as the draft.
There is a very notable omission here. Probably the same one you're thinking of.

havent been in the thread much today - been busy with work.Solid late picks all the way around. Mons picks were great - I was tipped to his selections yesterday so I know they were solid.It is going to be hard to decide the winners in each bracket.I also have a list of about 40 - 50 things that havent been drafted and I will share some too after the draft is over.

He asked me to pass along his pick. He needs a relative. There are few left, and he's going with a relatively obscure one who generated some fantastic quotes.

Morty's second cousin Manya.

Responsible for this exchange:

JERRY: I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.

MANYA: ..I had a pony.

JERRY: ..Well, I didn't really mean a pony, per se.

MANYA: When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony, ..So, what's wrong with that?

JERRY: Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just merely expressing..

MANYA: He was a beautiful pony! And I loved him.

JERRY: Well, I'm sure you did. Who wouldn't love a pony? Who wouldn't love a person that had a pony?

MANYA: You! You said so!

JERRY: No, see, we didn't have ponies. I'm sure at the time in Poland, they were very common. They were probably like compact cars..

And of course, "Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense."

He asked me to pass along his pick. He needs a relative. There are few left, and he's going with a relatively obscure one who generated some fantastic quotes.

Morty's second cousin Manya.

JERRY: I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.

MANYA: When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony, ..So, what's wrong with that?

JERRY: Well, I'm sure you did. Who wouldn't love a pony? Who wouldn't love a person that had a pony?

JERRY: No, see, we didn't have ponies. I'm sure at the time in Poland, they were very common. They were probably like compact cars..

And of course, "Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense."
:thumbup: - that is the exact family memeber I mentioned to him via a PM earlier - great late round pick.

He asked me to pass along his pick.  He needs a relative.  There are few left, and he's going with a relatively obscure one who generated some fantastic quotes. 

Morty's second cousin Manya

:thumbup: - that is the exact family memeber I mentioned to him via a PM earlier - great late round pick.
Me, too. :bag:

I'm back. Great job finishing up guys. We'll give jvw the rest of the day and if he doesn't show, Bob can pick for him (as our loyal observer). This was a success imo. Good luck in the finals :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread