What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Ives is tweeting that while green is dominating, there is still plenty of red and white to be seen in the tailgates. He said the two fan bases are intermingling wonderfully making for a party atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donavan Ricketts was subbed out of the Galaxy Earthquakes game with an injury. He replacement got a red card a few minutes later. :) . Mike Magee is playing in goal now for LA.

Is the game tonight televised anywhere other than Univision? I'd love to watch and have someone callinf the gme that I can understand.

If anybody finds a live stream link to the game that would be awesome...in Vietnam right now and hotel doesn't have FSC.

Is the game tonight televised anywhere other than Univision? I'd love to watch and have someone callinf the gme that I can understand.
Fox Soccer Channel
Cool, thanks. Going to have to decide between HD/Mexican announcers and non-HD/Fox Soocer.
Do you have two tv's :) . Audio on one, video on the other
Not in the same room. May try to find live online audio to play while watching on HD Univision.

U.S. SOCCER (@ussoccer)

6/25/11 8:01 PM

#USMNT lineup: 1-Howard, 3-Bocanegra-C, 4-Bradley, 6-Cherundolo, 8-Dempsey, 10-Donovan, 13-Jones, 14-Lichaj, 20-Adu, 21-Goodson, 22- Bedoya

LINEUP  NOTES from US Soccer

The U.S. will be wearing white for the fourth time during the Gold Cup and first since group play. 

Howard, Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Bradley, Jones and Dempsey have started every game of the 2011 Gold Cup.

Nine starters are the same from the lineup against Panama. Donovan and Adu are in; Kljestan and Agudelo are out.

Donovan makes his first start since the group stage. 

Adu makes his first start since July 8, 2009, against Honduras in the Gold Cup. 

Jones, Lichaj, Adu and Bedoya will be taking the field against Mexico for the first time.

Bradley, Dempsey and Jones have started nine straight matches dating to USA-Argentina on March 26.

Goodson is the only player on the roster that appeared against Mexico in the 2009 Gold Cup final. He started and played 90 minutes in that game. 

Goodson has started six consecutive matches, the most consecutive starts in his international career. 

Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl)

6/25/11 8:11 PM

Mexico lineup: Talavera; Juárez, Moreno, Márquez, Salcido; Barrera, Castro, Torrado, Guardado; Dos Santos, Hernández. (As expected.)

Love the US lineup tonight. A 4-5-1 with Dempsey up top should be a good counter to Mexico. Try to own the midfield and neutralize Chicharito

I guess you could call it a 4-2-3-1 as well

Last edited by a moderator:
UZB wins the group after losing the first game 4-1.

US and NZ will be 2nd and 3rd depending on coin flip.

If second, US likely to play Germany. If third will be playing Japan.

Wow, not sure if I like Landon as a loan striker. Seems completely opposite to his skill set. He will likely have to a ton of chasing and holding up tonight. Let's hope what ever possible injury people have been speculating about is gone.

Wow, not sure if I like Landon as a loan striker. Seems completely opposite to his skill set. He will likely have to a ton of chasing and holding up tonight. Let's hope what ever possible injury people have been speculating about is gone.
I saw the lineup graphic too but i still think Dempsey makes more sense as the lone striker. We'll see what happens.

I saw the lineup graphic too but i still think Dempsey makes more sense as the lone striker. We'll see what happens.
From the kickoff it is Landon

Users who are viewing this thread