What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (3 Viewers)

EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominated, embarrased, DESTROYED Algeria 4-0.

Algeria so, so frustrated, they had 3 red cards, playing 11-8 the final few minutes. They are so, so lucky they qualified for the WC, Egypt clearly the better team yet chokes when it comes to WC qualifying (im a Viking fan too, FML).

But alas, on to the final on Sunday vs Ghana, where Egypt will go for their 3rd straight Cup Title, would be an African first.

Be a shame if we dont take the trophy, we have dominated this tourney like nobody has ever seen.

3-1 over Nigeria

2-0 over Mozambique

2-0 over Benin

3-1 over Cameroon

4-0 over Algeria

Sunday for the first ever 3PEAT!

Sounds like Jozy had a pretty productive day for Hull, assisting on the first goal and drawing the penalty for the second.
Great to see Landon and Jozy making an impact overseas.Let's hope that Gooch and Davies can make it back and help the US give the English a run for their money!!

Sounds like Jozy had a pretty productive day for Hull, assisting on the first goal and drawing the penalty for the second.
Great to see Landon and Jozy making an impact overseas.Let's hope that Gooch and Davies can make it back and help the US give the English a run for their money!!
In fairness, Jozy didn't do much special to earn the penalty. Just a bouncing ball at the top of the box and the defender bowled him over. The assist was impressive, though. Great strength to hold off a defender. And he apparently had a nice chance that drew a good save from Hahneman right before being subbed for Zaki.

My employee who lives in the UK and has been a Liverpool man since birth says there is a rumor that the Reds might be interested in Donovan on a permanent basis. Told me it's rumor stage, but if it happened, "You heard it from me first." Guess that would make Saturday's game a sort of tryout for Donovan.

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game vs Ghana, scored in the 85th minute to take the Africa Cup of Nations for a record 3rd straight time.

#### this ####. Absolutely dreadful....sickening.They don't even deserve to be on the pitch today.
Clichy is a shell of the player he was two years ago. Nani was abusing him even before the first goal.
I don't think I've seen Arshavin make a pass all game...but what else is new...
Man U then Chelsea then Liverpool?Good luck Gunners.
I've said it all year....my personal hope was a top 4 finish. The team isn't "there" yet, and maybe they won't ever get there, I don't really know. But qualifying for the Champions League when only 4 of the Big 5 will make it (plus other challengers like Spurs, Villa) would be a good achievement not only from a soccer standpoint but from a financial standpoint.

Anyone read The Beckham Experiment? I got it for Christmas (as requested), and I just got a chance to start it. I don't read nearly as much as I should ( :bag: ), so it will probably take me a solid month or so to finish it, but I'm about 30 pages in. It's not groundbreaking non-fic by any means, but it's pretty interesting to me.

Anyone read it? Thoughts (without spoilers, please)?

JMon348 said:
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great game vs Ghana, scored in the 85th minute to take the Africa Cup of Nations for a record 3rd straight time.
Congrats, Jmon!

JMon348 said:
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great game vs Ghana, scored in the 85th minute to take the Africa Cup of Nations for a record 3rd straight time.
Congrats, Jmon!
for those of us without steel traps for brains, its probably worth reminding everyone who actually won. i believe it was egypt for those who care. i think i watched egypt beat algeria thursday. but that seems ancient now.

Steve Tasker said:
Christo said:
Steve Tasker said:
scoobygang said:
Steve Tasker said:
#### this ####. Absolutely dreadful....sickening.

They don't even deserve to be on the pitch today.
Clichy is a shell of the player he was two years ago. Nani was abusing him even before the first goal.
I don't think I've seen Arshavin make a pass all game...but what else is new...
Man U then Chelsea then Liverpool?Good luck Gunners.
I've said it all year....my personal hope was a top 4 finish. The team isn't "there" yet, and maybe they won't ever get there, I don't really know. But qualifying for the Champions League when only 4 of the Big 5 will make it (plus other challengers like Spurs, Villa) would be a good achievement not only from a soccer standpoint but from a financial standpoint.
Just finished watching...United could've/should've been down 3 goals before that first one if- oh- any gunners' player was capable of hitting a shot on frame (besides Almunia). They were able to get themselves in front of goal with relative ease but horrible once there.

Arshavin, despite the dribbling, kept getting himself in good spots to score and flubbed every shot. Fabregas- not a good game for him at all. Song remained the same.

Funny- but that first half hour I watched thinking United just missed having another quality player besides Rooney (who was frigging amazing today- and every day, really)- got me thinking about how much they missed Ronaldo... and then Nani went all Ronaldo down that wing. Wow what a move he pulled- wish the cameras had caught that one up close. But United showed their class in direct attacking- something Arsenal should learn from (and I'm a big fan of how they move the ball around- but sometimes you need to switch it up). Carrick was a monster all game on both sides of the ball. good games from Fletcher and Park... and even Mr Yellow himself Scholes.

I was really looking forward to watching the Arsenal-Man U game after work today. Then I opened up the internet in the afternoon and a headline talking about Arsenal being embarrassed hits me right in the eyes. Glad I didn't waste my time.

Whoops, adultery!

John Terry Scandal! – England Soccer Captain John Terry is facing some tragic problems after publicly disgraced for cheating on his wife. John Terry has still affair with French underwear model Vanessa Perroncel – his wife’s best friend and the partner of fellow England defender Wayne Bridge – secret.

29 years old Terry now facing huge backlash from players or may be he will lost his chances to play for England team in upcoming South Africa Worldcup 2010.

Terry was confirmed as the England captain in August, and will captain England in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup. During his first match after being reinstated as the permanent England captain he was given a torrid time by Milan Baros and was turned far too easily when Baros scored the first goal for the Czech Republic.

In January 2010, a super-injunction was imposed by a High Court judge preventing the media reporting that Terry had had an affair with Vanessa Perroncel, the former girlfriend of his England team-mate Wayne Bridge. The injunction was lifted a week later
http://mixxnews.com/john-terry-scandal-12400.htm

Whoops, adultery!

John Terry Scandal! – England Soccer Captain John Terry is facing some tragic problems after publicly disgraced for cheating on his wife. John Terry has still affair with French underwear model Vanessa Perroncel – his wife’s best friend and the partner of fellow England defender Wayne Bridge – secret.

29 years old Terry now facing huge backlash from players or may be he will lost his chances to play for England team in upcoming South Africa Worldcup 2010.

Terry was confirmed as the England captain in August, and will captain England in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup. During his first match after being reinstated as the permanent England captain he was given a torrid time by Milan Baros and was turned far too easily when Baros scored the first goal for the Czech Republic.

In January 2010, a super-injunction was imposed by a High Court judge preventing the media reporting that Terry had had an affair with Vanessa Perroncel, the former girlfriend of his England team-mate Wayne Bridge. The injunction was lifted a week later
Wait... a super-injunction?Just found out... the United Arsenal game was shown in 3-D?! yowza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, adultery!

Wait... a super-injunction?Just found out... the United Arsenal game was shown in 3-D?! yowza.
I guess it's like double-secret probation.

Whoops, adultery!

:goodposting: exactly what came to mind.But seriously.. live soccer in 3D! me want.

Whoops, adultery!

:goodposting: exactly what came to mind.But seriously.. live soccer in 3D! me want.
I'd just be happy if I got FSC in HD.

Wait... a super-injunction?
I read a bit on this. Very weird stuff but it is essentially a curb on freedom of the press as it relates to privacy rights. When enforced, papers cannot even mention that they have a story. Apparently there are a lot of English footballers that have these in effect and the Terry ruling may have consequences as it relates to these. Btw, as far as I can tell, Bridge had split with the chick and while it's still not cool to tap your friend's ex, it doesn't seem like quite as big a deal as it is being made out to be. Now if it comes out that this happened while she and Wayne were still together...

Wait... a super-injunction?
I read a bit on this. Very weird stuff but it is essentially a curb on freedom of the press as it relates to privacy rights. When enforced, papers cannot even mention that they have a story. Apparently there are a lot of English footballers that have these in effect and the Terry ruling may have consequences as it relates to these. Btw, as far as I can tell, Bridge had split with the chick and while it's still not cool to tap your friend's ex, it doesn't seem like quite as big a deal as it is being made out to be. Now if it comes out that this happened while she and Wayne were still together...
they were together when the affair was going on. it was a long running affair too. rumors that Terry paid for an abortion for Perroncel too...

Lots of good stuff on this one. Allegedly Terry has had quite a few trysts....well, more than a few. Even though he's married to his childhood sweetheart, he had to come out in 2005 and admit to all of the infidelity, and swore it would never happen again.... :goodposting: And Perroncel and Terry's wife are were great friends too

Users who are viewing this thread