What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official St. Louis Cardinals 2010 thread (1 Viewer)

Ghost Rider

Footballguy
I doubt I will be as hardcore keeping up with this thread as fans of other teams are, but the Cardinals still deserve their own thread.

Anyway, 1-0 after an 11-6 win over the Reds that saw Albert being Albert, Carpenter pitching well, Rasmus showing major signs that he is gonna have a breakout season, and Yadier capping it off with a grand slam in the 9th. wOOt! :shrug:

Bullpen could be scary, though, so that is an early concern...

GO CARDINALS!!!

Put this loss today in the LaRussa blew it column. There's no way he should put Motte into a tie game in the 9th!

One strike away from the win... Trevor Hoffman gets RAKED out of the yard.

RIP to one of the greatest ever. :lmao:

One strike away from the win... Trevor Hoffman gets RAKED out of the yard.RIP to one of the greatest ever. :lmao:
:lmao: Yeah because he's never blown a save before. He should hang 'em up ;)That was a helluvan awkward swing that just as easily could have been a whiff. Props to the kid for getting good wood on it.This should be a fun rivalry again this year :poopcorn:

Yadi and Colby at it again today.

Concerns -

Motte.

Penny staying healthy.

J Garcia staying solid at #5.

Getting enough ABs fro Felipe - I like that guy...still love Ryan at SS - but we need to get Lopez PT.

The apparent emergence of Colby Rasmus is gonna make this lineup absolutely deadly, especially once Ludwick gets going.

...and the bullpen makes it moot.

Unintended consequence of giving Holliday big bucks: You can't spend money on the pen.

...and the bullpen makes it moot.Unintended consequence of giving Holliday big bucks: You can't spend money on the pen.
Very true. I hate seeing a great comeback wasted, but 4-2 on the road against division opponents is still a nice start. :( :lmao: Also, Freese over at third base is already a major concern. He looks scared out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
...and the bullpen makes it moot.Unintended consequence of giving Holliday big bucks: You can't spend money on the pen.
Not too worried about the bullpen over here. Miller and Reyes are very solid Loogies. Franklin gets outs. McClellan (tonight aside) has been pretty solid. Boggs and Hawksworth have some pretty decent arms. Motte is a gas can, but he's usually ok when the pressure isn't on. Throw him out there to eat an inning or two in 6-run games.Considering the rotation appears to run a legit 5-deep with Jaime, I think there's a good chance we get an average of almost 7 IP per game there. The 7 above should be able to get the job done for 2 or 3 innings a night.

This game is never gonna end. Damn Ludwick...you don't try to steal second when Pujols is up. Game should be over.

The Cardinals begin the seasons with five straight series wins. Nice! Oddly, they didn't sweep any of them, winning them all 2-1. But hey, I'll take 10-5 after 2 1/2 weeks. :unsure: :thumbup:

Does La Russa ever get tired of trying to be the smartest guy in the room all the time?

They blow a 6-run, 9th inning lead last night, losing 12-9.

Tonight, they blow a 3-run, 8th inning lead and the game is tied entering the bottom of the 9th.

Now pitching in the bottom of the 9th for St. Louis --- Evan Maclane.

WHO??? Exactly.

He throws a kid making his major league debut into a spot like that.

First batter....... walk-off HR.

:goodposting:

This team is a mental mess. Oh, and McGwire needs to go, he's offering nothing to help the team out.

TLR definitely out thinks himself at times, but he is still a guy I want as our manager. Blowing those last two games sucked, but they are still only a few games out of first, and with plenty of ball still to be played.

Raider Nation said:
Does La Russa ever get tired of trying to be the smartest guy in the room all the time?

Tonight, they blow a 3-run, 8th inning lead and the game is tied entering the bottom of the 9th.

WHO??? Exactly.

:bye:
I hate you LaRussa.

Ghost Rider said:
5-0 since the All-Star break and back atop the NL Central. :lmao: :mellow:
Right where they belong! They can stay there, but they need another starting pitcher, whether it be Lohse, Penny, or trading for someone.

Penny's injury hurts, but we have to hope he can return late in the season in time for September or October.

For now, the Redbirds have two of the NL's best in Wainwright and Carpenter, and Garcia has been a great number 3, so I'd be happy with those three going into October, if they win the division. But in the playoffs, they will need a 4th starter for a few starts potentially, so we'll see.

The offense seems to finally be coming around, so that is huge. Unless the offense staggers again, the Central is the Cardinals to lose. But I hope it is a race to the finish with the Reds, as last year they clinched too early and got complacent, and then had nothing when the playoffs started, so let them fight to the final day, so they have momentum going into October.

Mybe we can pick up that bum Greinke from the other side of the state.

In reality, we don't have a lot on the farm to deal and not a lot of money to offer; so if we make a trade it is a two month rental.

We sure could use abother SP...just don't see how we can land one.

Ugly win, after blowing a 6-0 lead, but we'll take it. This team looks so uninspired at times, it is mind-numbing.

Sonova...our bullpen is atrocious.We need a complete overhaul, between Tony's strange moves and our bullpen I may not last until the end of September.

WHO??? Exactly.

:unsure:
I hate you LaRussa.
I wish they would ban him for the rest of August. You have arguably the best player in baseball plus two of the best pitchers and this is all you got. Awful.

Feliz. Ugh. :lmao:

The fact that LaRue had to be moved to the 60-day DL to make room on the 40-man for this acquisition makes me even more upset. LaRue's season is over and Cueto missed exactly ONE start because of his fairy moves. Somethings not right about that. He needs one in the ear hole next time we play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread