What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Survivor: Blood vs. Water*** (1 Viewer)

Yeah, the voting strategies are helping this season out for sure. So far I'm not blown away by the cast.

No idea why Tyson was cradling that dude in his arms. VERY odd.

It isn't all Tyson's fault, I mean what guy would sit in between another dudes legs in the first place.

There really isn't anyone on the show so far that I am rooting for yet. Most survivors I already have my "players" that I want to see win.

Agree with everyone about the dynamic this year. Good stuff.

Colton continues to show why he's in my top 5 of most disliked players ever. Quickly making his way to number 1.

i do think it is funny that they wanted to target tyson because he is strong, when physical strength have won the vets exactly 0 challenges so far

if a few of the noobs get on the vets tribe due to swapping it could get interesting come merger time

i do think it is funny that they wanted to target tyson because he is strong, when physical strength have won the vets exactly 0 challenges so far

if a few of the noobs get on the vets tribe due to swapping it could get interesting come merger time
It was also odd that this idea came from Vytas. Why get strategy moving in a direction that makes you the next obvious target? "Hey that worked! Tyson took the bait and now they're weakened. Who's their next strongest? Aras? Oh." :mellow:

Jayrok said:
They got very cozy there, it was dark, they were under the stars, Tyson missed his GF. Maybe Aras was rejected by Colton. They found each other.
That was really weird. Aras has said he was cast to fill the gay male spot in his original season (poorly worded :oldunsure) despite not being gay. I guess they figured "yoga instructor... close enough".

His moment of bringing people together to deal with the Colton situation reminded me why I was impressed with him the first time. He has a very calm, comforting presence. You can't help but want to play with him. Or cuddle with him, in Tyson's case...

It was also odd that this idea came from Vytas. Why get strategy moving in a direction that makes you the next obvious target? "Hey that worked! Tyson took the bait and now they're weakened. Who's their next strongest? Aras? Oh." :mellow:
that never occurred to me!

lol

i liked rupert his first season

i got over him quickly, was not sad to see him go

somehow as many times as he played he still seemed one dimensional, like we never saw anything but crazy pirate rupert

It is interesting that Colton somehow believes he can play the gay bully role with a tribe of former players and some winners. Shows how much he thinks of himself. Very impressive of the Aras-led group to identify it and develop protocol on calling him on his BS. He is about 1 episode away from almost quitting, but will probably quit for real in a few once he realizes they won't play by his rules.

somehow as many times as he played he still seemed one dimensional, like we never saw anything but crazy pirate rupert
I was thrilled to see him go last night. My first post in this thread was "####, I thought we were finally free of Rupert."

And, as usual, it was his own fault. Leaving that ninth disk thing hanging off the edge was inexcusable when finishing last means you go home.

I was thrilled to see him go last night. My first post in this thread was "####, I thought we were finally free of Rupert."

And, as usual, it was his own fault. Leaving that ninth disk thing hanging off the edge was inexcusable when finishing last means you go home.
yup, he tried to be first instead of trying to stay alive

It is interesting that Colton somehow believes he can play the gay bully role with a tribe of former players and some winners. Shows how much he thinks of himself. Very impressive of the Aras-led group to identify it and develop protocol on calling him on his BS. He is about 1 episode away from almost quitting, but will probably quit for real in a few once he realizes they won't play by his rules.
he is dumb and learned nothing

"i can rule these people in chaos" (or something like that)

ummm no, you can't you tried that it failed

Yeah, the voting strategies are helping this season out for sure. So far I'm not blown away by the cast.

The cast does seem very ho-hum this year. Still think the best entertainment would be an "All-Female" Survivor.

if they insist on brining back vets, they should do a draft

split into tribes,bring back 12 vets, each team picks 3

or

each team picks 3 and then surprise them by giving their three to the other tribe and vice versa

OR

each team knowingly picks 3 for the other tribe

OR

each team picks 1 for their tribe and one for the other

I think you are correct, if he quits, he is doing it knowing his act isn't working. I think he would think quitting would mean he didn't actually lose. I will say it wasn't that impressive of the Aras-led group to see that, I would say that it was pretty obvious and would have been awful if they didn't see it. Kat is stupid, so it doesn't surprise me that she didn't see it.

Honestly, the faster that Colton is out the better it will be for the show. I can't stand the "reality" stars that do things to be the center of attention, i.e. more screen time. Reminds me of when I used to enjoy The Apprentice and Hells Kitchen when they first came out before the Omarosa trend took off. I know she was on the first season, but it was her fame gained in the first season that started making actors out of reality show participants and made producers start fostering those types of people on the shows. I think this Survivor with the voting twists could be a really good season as soon as they get rid of someone like Colton who steals the spot light because CBS/the producers think that is more entertaining than the game itself.

stbugs said:
Mad Cow said:
I think you are correct, if he quits, he is doing it knowing his act isn't working. I think he would think quitting would mean he didn't actually lose. I will say it wasn't that impressive of the Aras-led group to see that, I would say that it was pretty obvious and would have been awful if they didn't see it. Kat is stupid, so it doesn't surprise me that she didn't see it.

Honestly, the faster that Colton is out the better it will be for the show. I can't stand the "reality" stars that do things to be the center of attention, i.e. more screen time. Reminds me of when I used to enjoy The Apprentice and Hells Kitchen when they first came out before the Omarosa trend took off. I know she was on the first season, but it was her fame gained in the first season that started making actors out of reality show participants and made producers start fostering those types of people on the shows. I think this Survivor with the voting twists could be a really good season as soon as they get rid of someone like Colton who steals the spot light because CBS/the producers think that is more entertaining than the game itself.
Unfortunately, I'd say it's 90% chance he doesn't quit.. Just CBS trying to get our hopes up :angry:

Guessing he runs over and jumps in his partners lap.. and Jeff comes up with some sort of plan to reunite them.. Maybe they go to redemption island together and have to fight it out to stay?

The sooner Colton leaves, the better for Caleb's game. Colton drawing attention to him is a very bad thing. Guilty by association.

It also looked like Tyson may switch spots with Rachel, which would be a mistake. Bringing a new person into a tribe at this point most likely just gives the tribe an easy next boot. Though I suppose his hope would be her sliding right into his alliance spot.

I may be way off base here but when Jeff told Candice that she could give the clue to anyone for any reason why wouldn't she just give it to herself? She put a target on her husband's back which is growing with every minute that he doesn't share it.

I may be way off base here but when Jeff told Candice that she could give the clue to anyone for any reason why wouldn't she just give it to herself? She put a target on her husband's back which is growing with every minute that he doesn't share it.
Shark move would be to give it to your enemy. Culpepper would say something like, "her enemy is my enemy so she is really my enemy and that person is really my enemy. Wait, my enemy is my enemy and that is her enemy too. Yeah."

Disco Stu said:
B-Deep said:

Why would Aras go in for Vytas?? yes they are brothers, but you would think Vytas would be able to hold his own.

When Aras called Colton "a gay Richard Hatch" is that redundant? Maybe he could be "a gayer Richard Hatch."

Disco Stu said:
B-Deep said:

Why would Aras go in for Vytas?? yes they are brothers, but you would think Vytas would be able to hold his own.

When Aras called Colton "a gay Richard Hatch" is that redundant? Maybe he could be "a gayer Richard Hatch."
Good point. I guess that would only happen if Aras was selfless and wanted his brother to experience more of the game.

Aras said Colton was "a bully... a gay Russell Hantz".

Disco Stu said:
B-Deep said:

Good point. I guess that would only happen if Aras was selfless and wanted his brother to experience more of the game.

That makes more sense, was eating while watching.

Disco Stu said:
B-Deep said:

That makes more sense, was eating while watching.
Chew more quietly.

Unless it's all an act for TV, Colton appears to be ugly inside and out. I'm not sure what Caleb likes about him.

B-Deep said:

Yeah, they should have targeted Katie probably. Tina is good at puzzles and she's worthless. Biggest gap between the two potential players, especially considering how badly they got demolished in the puzzle.

Unless it's all an act for TV, Colton appears to be ugly inside and out. I'm not sure what Caleb likes about him.
Yeah, I can't watch this show with him on there. Let me know when he's gone so I can tune back in. Easily the worst character in TV history, fiction, reality or other. I'd rather watch Nancy Grace make love to Gomer Pyle.

The sooner Colton leaves, the better for Caleb's game. Colton drawing attention to him is a very bad thing. Guilty by association.

It also looked like Tyson may switch spots with Rachel, which would be a mistake. Bringing a new person into a tribe at this point most likely just gives the tribe an easy next boot. Though I suppose his hope would be her sliding right into his alliance spot.
i am not real sure on that, because any player without a significant other is someone more easily trusted because they do not have a natural partner post move. You'd have to think for most people no matter how strong your alliance with them they'd sell you up the river in a choice between you and their SO, so someone without an SO become more trustable

i am not real sure on that, because any player without a significant other is someone more easily trusted because they do not have a natural partner post move. You'd have to think for most people no matter how strong your alliance with them they'd sell you up the river in a choice between you and their SO, so someone without an SO become more trustable
That's how I would approach it, but I'm not sure they have adopted that strategy yet. The guys already seem quick to boot John from the alliance despite his SO facing a long road back into the game.

It's possible they're even going the other way with it... seeing singles as a threat. That's probably valid at this point in the game. If your SO is still in the game, maybe you want everyone in your tribe to have that same negative.

Disco Stu said:
B-Deep said:

That's how I would approach it, but I'm not sure they have adopted that strategy yet. The guys already seem quick to boot John from the alliance despite his SO facing a long road back into the game.

It's possible they're even going the other way with it... seeing singles as a threat. That's probably valid at this point in the game. If your SO is still in the game, maybe you want everyone in your tribe to have that same negative.
Mrs. Rupert said something quickly after he got kicked out that him gone actually helps solidify her position in the game. I don't remember if she was talking to an ally or if her whole tribe heard.

Yeah, they should have targeted Katie probably. Tina is good at puzzles and she's worthless. Biggest gap between the two potential players, especially considering how badly they got demolished in the puzzle.
:goodposting:

This is what I thought John should have told his tribe, instead of standing up for Rachel so blatantly. He put himself in a bad spot.

Like the new twist of having to consider what the other tribe thinks of how you are voting. Definitely makes the early part of the game more interesting.

I thin John would be helped by coming to grips with the fact that Candice is a goner

he's not married to ozzy, Candice is not going to run the table from Day 1. If she does, great, but don;t play your game trying to make that happen because the odds are ridiculously low

B-Deep said:
he's a hellion in the sack
You sound 100% sure about this. :shock:
i mean he would HAVE toi be right?
Umm, he's probably rich. I mean he knows black people, like his housekeeper.
good point

sugar daddy
He's gay, it works the opposite way (think magnets). Colton is the sugar momma.

B-Deep said:
good point

sugar daddy
sugar dooshbag?

B-Deep said:
good point

sugar daddy
sugar dooshbag?
Yep. Can't wait until he quits.

It would be a sweet twist if the winner of redemption gets to go back to tribe, 2nd stays and 3rd goes home. This gives a little rotation at redemption isle and an episode off between those waste of time challenges. Besides, how funny would it be if they sent the same person there time after time and they keep coming back.

I'm rooting for the Big Brother winner, especially because I think he will have no problem turning on Cat at some point.

I do agree the extra strategy around the voting is a good thing. A stronger cast would have helped this season though.

Pretty good show tonight.

What a dooshbag. Really, Colton? Get the F out of here.

I thought Sierra was weak but when Tyson went down in one shot (ow, my shoulder) he was to. Cheap shot by the brother but lol at it too.

The only bad thing so far is... quit allowing talking to happen at Redemption. #### when you are there. No sharing, no bad mouthing, no nothing. WTH? Weakens the game.

I still think they've overcooked it. It's impossible to make a good move that realistically helps your chances of making it to the end. No matter what you do under the current set up it's going to hurt you.

If ever there was a year that might reward an under the radar coaster that rides on someone else's coattails this is it.

Users who are viewing this thread