What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Bucs 2008 thread (1 Viewer)

I certainly hope we at least make the playoffs, but I have to say I don't like our chances. Our run defense is brutal and our offense is pretty sad as well. I agree that we are just an average team really, about as good as our record shows. We are better than the bad teams, but not as good as the good teams. If we can get into the playoffs then anything can happen though...
I just think this goes to show how important Hovan is to our defense. DT has been a need on our team since Sapp left, and they haven't rally addressed it besides acquiring Hovan. Haye was a nice find, but he is banged up as well. We drafted the DT Dre Moore that didn't even make the roster. We need to do something about the interior of our line in the offseason, because there is no depth after Hovan. Our D completely changes, and we have trouble getting to the QB.

I certainly hope we at least make the playoffs, but I have to say I don't like our chances. Our run defense is brutal and our offense is pretty sad as well. I agree that we are just an average team really, about as good as our record shows. We are better than the bad teams, but not as good as the good teams. If we can get into the playoffs then anything can happen though...
I just think this goes to show how important Hovan is to our defense. DT has been a need on our team since Sapp left, and they haven't rally addressed it besides acquiring Hovan. Haye was a nice find, but he is banged up as well. We drafted the DT Dre Moore that didn't even make the roster. We need to do something about the interior of our line in the offseason, because there is no depth after Hovan. Our D completely changes, and we have trouble getting to the QB.
Getting to the QB is over rated. Just score more points than the opposition and hope for an easy schedule. Worked for us.

Getting to the QB is over rated.
Not in the Tampa 2.

I agree that DT is a position of need. But there seems to be a number of positions of need. We need a QB of the future (I hate Gruden's man-love for aging QBs...give me a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flacco!). Bryant has been a nice find, but we need WRs as well. And outside of Ruud I think we need more help at LB as well, although I admit I haven't been following in detail our LBs in development. I just hope we have a good draft and make a few free agent acquisitions so we can field an even stronger team next year so we can compete with the big boys.

I agree that DT is a position of need. But there seems to be a number of positions of need. We need a QB of the future (I hate Gruden's man-love for aging QBs...give me a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flacco!). Bryant has been a nice find, but we need WRs as well. And outside of Ruud I think we need more help at LB as well, although I admit I haven't been following in detail our LBs in development. I just hope we have a good draft and make a few free agent acquisitions so we can field an even stronger team next year so we can compete with the big boys.
They really liked Geno Hayes, but he got hurt. I'm not so sure Gruden sees WR as a glaring need, because the way he has been talking about Bryuant and Clayton. Both are free agents after this season, but I think we resign both of them. We need a #3 WR, but Ike has been pretty good. Galloway is gone next season imo. I really don't trusty Gruden developing a young QB, but he hasn't really had Flacco or Ryan level talent.The good thing about Phillips being gone is we will get to see more of Sabby. I think Phillips may be in a contract year, but I'm not 100% sure.I would say our areas of need this offseason would be DT, QB, WR, OT, LB, TE in that order. Alex Smith & Trueblood need to step up, and a little competition could push them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I guess they DO make the playoffs if they win out. Down to the 5th tiebreaker with Atlanta. Imagine that bad beat for the Falcons.

Tough one this week though. SD can certainly beat them, especially if the DTs are out again.

If they win this week or Atlanta loses, you have to imagine they're in. They won't lose to Oakland.

Brooks & Clifton Smith make probowl. Pretty impressive for an undrafted rookie, even though it is for KR. You can argue that quite a few other guys should have made it, but the border line guys usually go to the bigger markets.

As much as I like having players selected, I don't really mind too much. The positives are that contract incentives don't kick in, and that saves the team money. Also, it's one less time for them to possibly get an injury that takes all off season to rehab. Not to mention the Pro Bowl sucks, so I really don't care much about it.

Quez - Haynesworth would be great but Tenn will franchise him. He's not getting free.
He got franchised once already, so I guess this would be the last time they could use the tag on him.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...p;#entry9699405Looks like he negotiated with Tennessee before the season that they couldn't franchise him again if he made the Pro Bowl. That makes him an UFA, and he will probably be the top FA on the Bucs radar.

Yea, just read that. Good stuff. He's the biggest need, he would fill such a big hole. Sure Tennessee will push big-time though.

Anybody nervous about a San Diego choke?

Yea, just read that. Good stuff. He's the biggest need, he would fill such a big hole. Sure Tennessee will push big-time though.

Anybody nervous about a San Diego choke?
Don't jinx us... Well, we can't seem to stop the run, so I am sure LT will have a field day. I'm also scared of Vincent Jackson & Gates, since tall guys have been hurting us. I'm not sleeping on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread