What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I swear half of the criticisms of this show are laughable. The other half of you want all of the characters to be killed off. :lmao:
:goodposting: The whole "I cant believe how unrealistic it is for a zombie through rip through a person's stomach" criticism was my favorite. Its a ####### series about zombies. Realism went out the door episode 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear half of the criticisms of this show are laughable. The other half of you want all of the characters to be killed off. :lmao:
:goodposting: The whole "I cant believe how unrealistic it is for a zombie through rip through a person's stomach" criticism was my favorite. Its a ####### series about zombies. Realism went out the door episode 1.
Reminds me of a friend that saw the Flintstones movie when it came out and complained that it was too "cartoonish".

Glenn getting the watch was cheesy, my daughter just met you 3 or so months ago, but here is the watch that has been passed down through generations.
How many other chances to you think he thinks he's going to have to do this?
The whole gang talking about what to do with the kid in the barn, the vote was obvious to kill him, so do it already. 1 vs 11 turns to 2 vs 10 and they still dont do it.
Maybe you didn't watch this part, but they did decide to kill him. Rick changed his mind when he realized what Carl was becoming.I swear half of the criticisms of this show are laughable. The other half of you want all of the characters to be killed off. :lmao:
Kill Carl!!!

Glenn getting the watch was cheesy, my daughter just met you 3 or so months ago, but here is the watch that has been passed down through generations.
The whole gang talking about what to do with the kid in the barn, the vote was obvious to kill him, so do it already. 1 vs 11 turns to 2 vs 10 and they still dont do it.
Maybe you didn't watch this part, but they did decide to kill him. Rick changed his mind when he realized what Carl was becoming.I swear half of the criticisms of this show are laughable. The other half of you want all of the characters to be killed off. :lmao:
Kill Carl!!!
I wouldn't kill Carl. He could turn out to be one bad ### zombie killer if they start him now training 6-8 hours a day. Seriously, if they started training him, he'd probably be less of a brat and take it all more seriously. Plus you'd be keeping an eye on him.

Kill Carl!!!
I wouldn't kill Carl. He could turn out to be one bad ### zombie killer if they start him now training 6-8 hours a day. Seriously, if they started training him, he'd probably be less of a brat and take it all more seriously. Plus you'd be keeping an eye on him.
People are really expecting too much out of this kid. A few(?) months ago he was playing video games and watching Clone Wars.

Dale was cool. I don't know why anyone wished him dead. I can think of at least 6 people is like to see killed before him.

You need that older voice of reason. He was an intellectual. Brought some balance to the group.
There's a place for a guy like that in the post-apocalypse but he should be a Plato type philosopher rather than a pushy holier than thou moralist.

Kill Carl!!!
People are really expecting too much out of this kid. A few(?) months ago he was playing video games and watching Clone Wars.
Too old to start the training

Not really buying the super strength walkers thing. These things can barely move, but they can pin a man down and rip his intestines out with their bare hands? But they can't open bus doors or break windows?
Might have already been said but that thing couldn't even pull itself out of the mud earlier. I seldom look for flaws in shows or movies as I want to enjoy them but this really bothered me.
Couldn't hold on to Carl either.But they have bony fingers!
The zombies aren't exactly stealthy from what I can tell either. Always groaning and screaming. In a dead quiet field was Dale so distracted by cow guts that he couldn't hear the swamp zombie until the zombie was on top of him? Not buying it. The show is losing me. Get back to the good stuff. Rick trapped under the tank surrounded by zombies! Time to leave the farm boys and girls. Was anyone else cheering for swamp zombie to finish off Carl?

:goodposting: :hifive: :thumbup:

Not really buying the super strength walkers thing. These things can barely move, but they can pin a man down and rip his intestines out with their bare hands? But they can't open bus doors or break windows?
Might have already been said but that thing couldn't even pull itself out of the mud earlier. I seldom look for flaws in shows or movies as I want to enjoy them but this really bothered me.
Couldn't hold on to Carl either.But they have bony fingers!
The zombies aren't exactly stealthy from what I can tell either. Always groaning and screaming. In a dead quiet field was Dale so distracted by cow guts that he couldn't hear the swamp zombie until the zombie was on top of him? Not buying it. The show is losing me. Get back to the good stuff. Rick trapped under the tank surrounded by zombies! Time to leave the farm boys and girls. Was anyone else cheering for swamp zombie to finish off Carl?
ive seen a lot of scenes that zombies surprised people in this series and movies, its a show and people want to be surprised, the director is giving us what we want.

Dale basically said he didn't want to live in a society that killed people without some kind of legal process. He was committing suicide by zombie attack.
Um, no.
Yep. Then when he was gutted he lifted his head up as to say "finish the job".
Well, of course he wanted to die once he was gutted, in pain, and facing certain death. But I see no indication that he set off on his walk to commit suicide by zombie attack. For one thing, there had never been a zombie found on the farm before, so why would he expect to find one? Moreover, why would he be desperately trying to fight off the zombie if he wanted to commit suicide?

I agree there is a lot of criticisms about this show some justified some not, but you have to agree that there are some pretty major plot holes in this whole series that are tough to accept.

Dale basically said he didn't want to live in a society that killed people without some kind of legal process. He was committing suicide by zombie attack.
Um, no.
Well, of course he wanted to die once he was gutted, in pain, and facing certain death. But I see no indication that he set off on his walk to commit suicide by zombie attack. For one thing, there had never been a zombie found on the farm before, so why would he expect to find one? Moreover, why would he be desperately trying to fight off the zombie if he wanted to commit suicide?
seriously. Some people are dumb

Um, no.
Just cause you might have missed a few obvious clues I wouldn't call yourself dumb.

Um, no.
Just cause you might have missed a few obvious clues I wouldn't call yourself dumb.
When he was walking out in the field, I thought Dale might be going there to kill himself.

Um, no.
He had a gun in his hand. Thats a pretty big clue if he wanted to commit suicide he wouldve done so.

Um, no.
He had a gun in his hand. Thats a pretty big clue if he wanted to commit suicide he wouldve done so.
I'm not saying he consciously wanted to off himself, but subconsciously all the clues are there. :pics:

Um, no.
Can you people really not see the sarcasm in the original post on this topic?

Kill Carl!!!
ThisThat damn kid is too stupid to be alive. He singlehanded ruined last episode for me. I love the series but if we're going to have to continually watch this stupid kid try to lick tablesaws and hug Lions, it's going to be the end of this show for me.

Um, no.
Yeah, guess my sarcasm detector is on the fritz. Carry on.

Um, no.
That was how I took it.. Until he came back and defended his post. so now :unsure:

Um, no.
That was how I took it.. Until he came back and defended his post. so now :unsure:
And there was that time when he was trying to talk Blondie out of killing herself...then just a few weeks later he's the one pulling the plug. That's irony and a mark of some excellent storytelling. :thumbup:

It was nice to see that before they killed Dale off they let him provide one more stupid defence of life as we know it. Hey Dale. We've got zombies walking around eating people (who then become zombies). There is not more like as you knew it. Should have just hung that guy and be done with it.

I'm also fully signed on to the "Kill Off Carl" campaign. Maybe Darryl will do it when he "hopefully" escapes from a situation where he relies on that pistol Carl stole and dropped.

As to the zombie sneaking up on Dale, I guess you all must have missed the part where Dale was arguing to the cow about how noone listens to him and how their group was broken. I believe that's why he didn't hear the zombie come up on him. Or, perhaps its because the zombie was half comatose laying down on the ground from stuffing itself with cow intestines. Maybe the zombie caught a wiff of man meat and got his second wind. I wouldn't worry too much about the sneaking up part. What's more of an atrocity is that the zombie didn't have a distended stomach. That cow looked like it was done over pretty darn good. I want to see a full stomached zombie. The lack of realism is attrocious. I want zombies with distended stomachs from now on or I'm gone baby.

It was nice to see that before they killed Dale off they let him provide one more stupid defence of life as we know it. Hey Dale. We've got zombies walking around eating people (who then become zombies). There is not more like as you knew it. Should have just hung that guy and be done with it.I'm also fully signed on to the "Kill Off Carl" campaign. Maybe Darryl will do it when he "hopefully" escapes from a situation where he relies on that pistol Carl stole and dropped.As to the zombie sneaking up on Dale, I guess you all must have missed the part where Dale was arguing to the cow about how noone listens to him and how their group was broken. I believe that's why he didn't hear the zombie come up on him. Or, perhaps its because the zombie was half comatose laying down on the ground from stuffing itself with cow intestines. Maybe the zombie caught a wiff of man meat and got his second wind. I wouldn't worry too much about the sneaking up part. What's more of an atrocity is that the zombie didn't have a distended stomach. That cow looked like it was done over pretty darn good. I want to see a full stomached zombie. The lack of realism is attrocious. I want zombies with distended stomachs from now on or I'm gone baby.
kentric,Wait.

Nope. That's not how stuff like this works. Why not have the zombies fly or give Glen a laser cannon where his left hand is or give T-Dog the ability to speak?

can we kill the cheating whore for being a terrrible parent while we're at it? The countryside is crawling with zombies. I think I'm going to let my 7yo kid roam free. I wonder if we can kill her and her son with one bullet to conserve ammo.

can we kill the cheating whore for being a terrrible parent while we're at it? The countryside is crawling with zombies. I think I'm going to let my 7yo kid roam free. I wonder if we can kill her and her son with one bullet to conserve ammo.
Let's not forget the hook-up with Shane that was the highlight of Season One for me. I say keep her around, but let's revisit some of the cheating whorishness!

Nope. That's not how stuff like this works. Why not have the zombies fly or give Glen a laser cannon where his left hand is or give T-Dog the ability to speak?
:lmao:

It was nice to see that before they killed Dale off they let him provide one more stupid defence of life as we know it. Hey Dale. We've got zombies walking around eating people (who then become zombies). There is not more like as you knew it. Should have just hung that guy and be done with it.I'm also fully signed on to the "Kill Off Carl" campaign. Maybe Darryl will do it when he "hopefully" escapes from a situation where he relies on that pistol Carl stole and dropped.As to the zombie sneaking up on Dale, I guess you all must have missed the part where Dale was arguing to the cow about how noone listens to him and how their group was broken. I believe that's why he didn't hear the zombie come up on him. Or, perhaps its because the zombie was half comatose laying down on the ground from stuffing itself with cow intestines. Maybe the zombie caught a wiff of man meat and got his second wind. I wouldn't worry too much about the sneaking up part. What's more of an atrocity is that the zombie didn't have a distended stomach. That cow looked like it was done over pretty darn good. I want to see a full stomached zombie. The lack of realism is attrocious. I want zombies with distended stomachs from now on or I'm gone baby.
Many zombies are bulimic. hth

kentric,Wait.
:lmao:

Dale might have been annoying but he filled an important role in making sure that everyone was aware what a murderous weasel that mother####ing ####### Shane was.
Everybody seems to know this already. Dale was just the guy who wouldn't shut up about it.
Yea, Yea, Dale...we get it. Shane sacrificed Fat ******* in order to save himself and the kid. We're OK with that...now find something else to preach about...you sniveling dooosh.Gotta take out the new guy. If I'm Rick, I put a bullet in his head before Lori sleeps with him or Carl ends up his hostage. Oh, and the threat of 30 other freaking guys out there?!! No way brotha...you gotta go. They already showed themselves to be marauders willing to kill people for their stuff...no way is that group of 30 going to be cool with you killing their hunting party and kidnapping and torturing their guy. End him now...but let Darryl go to work on him more for any further info about that other group.Cow did look zombified...by the way.

Let's not forget the hook-up with Shane that was the highlight of Season One for me. I say keep her around, but let's revisit some of the cheating whorishness!
:goodposting: You're on fire today.

I think he was preoccupied with his thoughts so he didn't react like he normally would. Like people that talk on their cell phones while driving. They think they are being attentive enough to the road but the crash statistics have them close to those of drunk drivers. When I'm focused on reading something, a video game, or thinking through something important, I don't notice any background noise from the TV or radio. At those times people have come into the room and said something and I won't know what they said and won't notice them till they shout to get my attention. Isn't that something most guys have experienced?

I think he was preoccupied with his thoughts so he didn't react like he normally would. Like people that talk on their cell phones while driving. They think they are being attentive enough to the road but the crash statistics have them close to those of drunk drivers. When I'm focused on reading something, a video game, or thinking through something important, I don't notice any background noise from the TV or radio. At those times people have come into the room and said something and I won't know what they said and won't notice them till they shout to get my attention. Isn't that something most guys have experienced?
I think you hit the nail on the head. I get that way whenever I see a pretty woman and my wife says something.

Stupid Carl running all around the farm when zombs are out there. And stupid Carl's parents for yapping it up all day while stupid Carl gets in to all types of stupid. And stupid Dale for acting like they aren't in a zombie world with all his stupid talking.

And when you don't shut up in zombie world and stupid Carl antagonizes a zombie stuck in the mud and you wander around alone and let a zombie creep on you , well you get your belly ripped open.

'bushdocda said:
Stupid Carl running all around the farm when zombs are out there. And stupid Carl's parents for yapping it up all day while stupid Carl gets in to all types of stupid. And stupid Dale for acting like they aren't in a zombie world with all his stupid talking. And when you don't shut up in zombie world and stupid Carl antagonizes a zombie stuck in the mud and you wander around alone and let a zombie creep on you , well you get your belly ripped open.
Never thought of it this way.

'[icon] said:
It is possible, since they do not show every minute of what goes on, that Carl had been watched closely when they first got to the farm and been told many times not to wander off and he never has. If that's the case then it's more understandable that they aren't always watching. Especially when there are more than just Lori and Rick on the farm to keep an eye out for trouble. Also parents in general probably believe they are keep a better watch on their kid than they actually do. Seems like many parents let the kids play outside while the parent is inside doing chores or watching tv. As a kid, when I'd lose my parents in a store, it was usually when I'd be looking at something when they were right next to me and then they walked off. Never checking to see if I was following. So of course the kid gets in trouble for the parent not making sure their kid is with them."But there are zombies around!" :shrug: They feel safe at the farm and fall into old habits. And were busy justifying killing a guy.

'bushdocda said:
Stupid Carl running all around the farm when zombs are out there. And stupid Carl's parents for yapping it up all day while stupid Carl gets in to all types of stupid. And stupid Dale for acting like they aren't in a zombie world with all his stupid talking. And when you don't shut up in zombie world and stupid Carl antagonizes a zombie stuck in the mud and you wander around alone and let a zombie creep on you , well you get your belly ripped open.
Never thought of it this way.
Yeah. These people seem pretty stupid. The funny part is, Dale may have been the sharpest knife in the draw intellectually.

Users who are viewing this thread