What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Hey, here's a novel idea.

Why don't we all wait until the next season starts and then we'll find out if these people are really cannibals.

Of course you can continue to speculate, guess, and make goofball predictions if you feel the need.
If I was a cannibal, I'd only eat Baja Mexicans. Maybe some Italians once in a while.

Braktastic said:
Jayrok said:
matttyl said:
So what's everyone's show of choice between now and the fall? Mad Men returns soon, and I'll finally finish Breaking Bad now that they are all on Netflix.
Master Chef and maybe Under the Dome.
Ugh. I can't take another season of Under the Dumb unless they've fired the remedial English students that wrote season one.
yeah, it was a bad show. But I struggled through the first season so I'll probably tune in to see if there ever get somewhere with the story.

matttyl said:
So what's everyone's show of choice between now and the fall? Mad Men returns soon, and I'll finally finish Breaking Bad now that they are all on Netflix.
Oh, and 24 for sure..

Why don't we all wait until the next season starts and then we'll find out if these people are really cannibals.

Of course you can continue to speculate, guess, and make goofball predictions if you feel the need.
OK. We feel the need. Appreciate your helpful advice, though. :thumbup:
You're welcome.

Don't get me started on how terrible some of the other shows some people are listing here.

TheIronSheik said:
TheIronSheik said:
(HULK) said:
Interesting stuff:

The people of Terminus are totally the cannibals from the comics, right?

Robert Kirkman: Assume nothing. I will say for the record that we're not revealing that these are the cannibals or outright denying that. You should plan for a surprise when we come back for Season 5.

Scott Gimple: I don't think there's anything in Episode 16 that showed them as definitely cannibals. One could suspect, but there are no eaten parts there.

Decent pic of the pile of human bones
Where did you read this stuff?
Found it. Oddly enough, is the next question for them:

You say there's no proof, and yet there's this weird candle room that could be a tribute to those they've eaten. There's another shipping container full of people who were yelling for help. They only shot at their feet in order to keep them alive, and when you arrive, there is a BBQ waiting for you that could be Beth (Emily Kinney). Gimple:

Here's an interesting exercise that we both could do and we will both fail. Having read the comic books and knowing the rhythm of the story of the comic, could we pull what we know of the comic away from our brain and would it still lead to cannibalism in this moment? There is cannibalism in a lot of zombie movies. But, especially with that room, if you're going to eat somebody, are you really going to put up a candle for them? I don't think that's what that room is about. Kirkman: The Beth BBQ question is a big one. I've seen that a lot on Twitter. When a theory is as prevalent as that one is, it's more than likely not true. If there ever was a story line where we were going a different way and the audience seemed to be ahead of us to that point, it would be extremely unfortunate and I would certainly not feel too good about how well we're doing our jobs. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case.
I think Kirkman's answer is exactly what I've been saying.
Caveat: LOST went 6 years claiming they weren't in purgatory.
They weren't.
Sure, the island wasn't purgatory but they all ended up there in the final episode. I'm not saying Kirkman is pulling the same but it wouldn't surprise me if cannibalism is part of what is going on at Terminus.

You're welcome.

Don't get me started on how terrible some of the other shows some people are listing here.
What's wrong with Vikings?

TheIronSheik said:
TheIronSheik said:
(HULK) said:
Interesting stuff:

Robert Kirkman: Assume nothing. I will say for the record that we're not revealing that these are the cannibals or outright denying that. You should plan for a surprise when we come back for Season 5.

Scott Gimple: I don't think there's anything in Episode 16 that showed them as definitely cannibals. One could suspect, but there are no eaten parts there.

You say there's no proof, and yet there's this weird candle room that could be a tribute to those they've eaten. There's another shipping container full of people who were yelling for help. They only shot at their feet in order to keep them alive, and when you arrive, there is a BBQ waiting for you that could be Beth (Emily Kinney). Gimple:

Here's an interesting exercise that we both could do and we will both fail. Having read the comic books and knowing the rhythm of the story of the comic, could we pull what we know of the comic away from our brain and would it still lead to cannibalism in this moment? There is cannibalism in a lot of zombie movies. But, especially with that room, if you're going to eat somebody, are you really going to put up a candle for them? I don't think that's what that room is about. Kirkman: The Beth BBQ question is a big one. I've seen that a lot on Twitter. When a theory is as prevalent as that one is, it's more than likely not true. If there ever was a story line where we were going a different way and the audience seemed to be ahead of us to that point, it would be extremely unfortunate and I would certainly not feel too good about how well we're doing our jobs. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case.
Caveat: LOST went 6 years claiming they weren't in purgatory.
They weren't.
Sure, the island wasn't purgatory but they all ended up there in the final episode. I'm not saying Kirkman is pulling the same but it wouldn't surprise me if cannibalism is part of what is going on at Terminus.
kirkman didn't say it's not cannibalism. he said they weren't eating beth.

That's a far-fetched theory to being with.
true. but that's all he said. they aren't denying cannibalism as part of the terminus arc. they're denying that they're eating beth, and that the names aren't people they've eaten.

true. but that's all he said. they aren't denying cannibalism as part of the terminus arc. they're denying that they're eating beth, and that the names aren't people they've eaten.
Yeah, I don't know why people think that Beth would go out that way without any buildup or tension leading to her death.

You're welcome.

Speculating and guessing is half the fun....and why would anyone care if you like / approve of other shows on tv?

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Fariq said:
I found tonight's season finale to be the best episode of the series. Yet, other people thought it was the worst season finale ever and some claim they will never watch the show again.
I found it the best episode of the series and I will never watch the show again.
:lmao:

Maik Jeaunz said:
so Rick goes werewolf on one guy (RIP Jeff Kober), and now he thinks he's invincible? his "wait til they get a load of me" ripoff at the end was LOL-worthy, considering that for all he knows, every living acquaintance of his is stuck in that train with him.

and even though it's a show about zombies, I would be perfectly happy if we never have to see another zombie get spiked in the head. we get it already.
Ditto And the show is not about zombies.

Good post. Lets just shut the thread down.

Homer J Simpson said:
I really liked the episode. From the "previously on" and the opening shot of Rick, I thought maybe Corrrrral and Michonne bit the dust. Made the scene with Darryl's group a little more tense. :thumbup:
Definitely. That was great.

pantherclub said:
FigJam said:
I watched the first few episodes from this season and stopped watching. Came here for the cliff notes version and I am glad I didn't waste the evenings watching. Keep the good info coming here though :)
As someone recommended a few episodes ago, watch it as complete background noise and just go with it then the show is kindof watchable. The plot holes, crappy dialogue and characters dont really stand out as much.
All terrible shows are incredibly popular.

Jayrok said:
This whole episode was about showing us how/why Rick put down his gun and became a farmer but in the end turned back into a badass who will do anything to protect his family and group. I think the flashbacks worked. It was Hershel who talked Rick into farming the prison yard. Rick didn't turn soft, he saw Carl getting too close to wanting to be a badass with a gun (he was cleaning his gun instead of "being a kid" like the other teen). At that moment, Rick made his decision to go with Hershel's plan.

But when the chips are down, Rick is a badass, as demonstrated with the scene with the "claimed" group.

Also liked the dialog in the box car when Abraham showed signs of giving up. Here is a mission-oriented soldier who basically says they aren't going to make it. Rick steps up and says no, not today. Sort of like Wyatt Earp in the river shooting scene in Tombstone. IOW, no, we aren't going down like that. They've ####ed with the wrong people.

I love the Rick transformation and expect him to take care of business from now on.
I'm right in line with this. They did a good job.

Jayrok said:
ghostguy123 said:
Jayrok said:
ghostguy123 said:
Jayrok said:
ghostguy123 said:
What it is about the person actually having to be deal to magically bite someone and "turn" them?
wat?
What?
Deal or no deal? If you mean dead, people turn when they die unless the brain is destroyed, regardless of how they die. I think they revealed that being bitten only speeds up the death process. So I believe that Joe would have turned too since Rick killed him by means other than shooting/stabbing him in the brain. The other guy wouldn't turn because Michonne shot him in the head. The guy Rick stabbed would have turned. I guess we can assume that they stabbed their brains afterwards and threw their bodies off the road, since Rick and Daryl sat beside the truck after everything went down.
I am talking about how the bites kill people. When the walkers bite people, they die somewhat quickly...................why? Why would a walker biting someone have that effect, but not a living person.

Haha, even better question. What if a walker bites someone, and the that person who is still alive bites someone..............................hmmmm :nerd: :nerd:
It doesn't kill them instantly. They bleed out just like Joe bled out when Rick bit him. The man at the railroad track that told Tyresse to take the girls to terminus, he was bitten but didn't die immediately, but it was just a matter of time because he was bleeding out from his neck/shoulder.

Hershel was bitten by a walker at the prison, but they caught it and cut off his leg before he bled out. So he lived.
Is this conversation for real?

dhockster said:
Observation 1: I think Terminus intentionally feed people when they come in so they can drug them, and then do what they want with them. That is probably how Maggie's group ended up in the boxcar. Rick's group would have ended up there the same way except Rick recognized riot gear/pancho/watch and started the confrontation.

Observation 2: People are going to turn into walkers when they die. Walkers are your enemy. By killing people and eating them you are feeding yourself and you are getting rid of future enemies. F'd up, but not the worst possible mode of existence in the zombie apocalypse

Hope for next season: Tyrese is really a former train engineer and once he and Carol finds out Terminus is bad and has their friends, he goes and finds a big old train and comes full speed into Terminus taking out all the bad guys.

Those who arrive, live for season five.
####

i'm guessing terminus is not the cannibalism capitol of America. the theory would be that they really are trying to create a sanctuary, but as in all post apocalypse situations, you have to have a strong defense against the outside world.

their strong defense is a venus fly trap. Food, comfort lures you in. Once you're in, they drug you with food, you wake up in a boxcar and then they can program you to their way of the new world. They aren't eating people, they have the woods all around them, and there's game, heck they might even have livestock for all I can tell. They have agriculture, they have manpower and they have a very structured organization with intelligent leadership. What they need is more women. They need women that can breed. This is where Terminus ultimately is going to lead us. Have you noticed the new world is like a sausage fest? Yeah, you want to create a new society, you need breeding stock.

TheIronSheik said:
TheIronSheik said:
(HULK) said:
Interesting stuff:

Robert Kirkman: Assume nothing. I will say for the record that we're not revealing that these are the cannibals or outright denying that. You should plan for a surprise when we come back for Season 5.Scott Gimple: I don't think there's anything in Episode 16 that showed them as definitely cannibals. One could suspect, but there are no eaten parts there.

You say there's no proof, and yet there's this weird candle room that could be a tribute to those they've eaten. There's another shipping container full of people who were yelling for help. They only shot at their feet in order to keep them alive, and when you arrive, there is a BBQ waiting for you that could be Beth (Emily Kinney).

Gimple: Here's an interesting exercise that we both could do and we will both fail. Having read the comic books and knowing the rhythm of the story of the comic, could we pull what we know of the comic away from our brain and would it still lead to cannibalism in this moment? There is cannibalism in a lot of zombie movies. But, especially with that room, if you're going to eat somebody, are you really going to put up a candle for them? I don't think that's what that room is about. Kirkman: The Beth BBQ question is a big one. I've seen that a lot on Twitter. When a theory is as prevalent as that one is, it's more than likely not true. If there ever was a story line where we were going a different way and the audience seemed to be ahead of us to that point, it would be extremely unfortunate and I would certainly not feel too good about how well we're doing our jobs. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case.
Is there more to this interview? Link?

Granted, it's not like smart decisions have exactly ruled the show but doesn't it seem pretty ridiculous given the resources with farming and such that the Terminus group would choose cannibalism as their food source? Humans look to be getting more and more scarce. This seems like a pretty dumb way to survive.

J

Officer Pete Malloy said:
shuke said:
Anyone have a screen shot of the cage of bones? How do we know they're human?
I don't but they looked like human bones (spines to be exact). Of course that could just be another red mackerel the writers are throwing down.
Only humans have spines. Got it.

matttyl said:
Americans

Hannibal

Justified

Game of Thrones

Bates Motel

Fargo

Just watched the finale tonight. Enjoyed it immensely. Much stronger end to the season than last season's finale. Dark, foreboding and super bad ### Rick Grimes. The flashback scenes with Herschel and Rick were extremely well done and provided a strong contrast to where Rick is and has to be now. Rick going all Jack Bauer on Jeff Kober and vamping him was outstanding. Count me among those who believe there's some cannibalism going on in Terminus. I don't think we've seen the last of Beth. I think she'll show up again at some point because Bad ### Rick Grimes has yet to tap that.

I was surprised none of the main characters died in the finale. I thought someone might buy it. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Carol and Tyreese find Terminus.

Cannot wait for Season 5.

Just watched the finale tonight. Enjoyed it immensely. Much stronger end to the season than last season's finale. Dark, foreboding and super bad ### Rick Grimes. The flashback scenes with Herschel and Rick were extremely well done and provided a strong contrast to where Rick is and has to be now. Rick going all Jack Bauer on Jeff Kober and vamping him was outstanding. Count me among those who believe there's some cannibalism going on in Terminus. I don't think we've seen the last of Beth. I think she'll show up again at some point because Bad ### Rick Grimes has yet to tap that.

I was surprised none of the main characters died in the finale. I thought someone might buy it. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Carol and Tyreese find Terminus.

Cannot wait for Season 5.
agree with this. Good stuff.

Granted, it's not like smart decisions have exactly ruled the show but doesn't it seem pretty ridiculous given the resources with farming and such that the Terminus group would choose cannibalism as their food source? Humans look to be getting more and more scarce. This seems like a pretty dumb way to survive.

J
Anyone who's ever grown a vegetable garden knows how much space and work would be involved to produce enough food to feed a couple of dozen people even one meal a day. Those little planter boxes they had scattered around were cosmetic, nothing more.

You're welcome.

What's a show that you don't think is terrible.

The mocking of other people's ideas without offering your own got old a long time ago.

(fwiw- I've been liking the Americans, and will jump back into HBO for GoT. Saw the first two episodes of Vikings and enjoyed them... not sure why I haven't kept up).

Yeah, I don't know why people think that Beth would go out that way without any buildup or tension leading to her death.
They could dedicate half a season to flashbacks.

J
Anyone who's ever grown a vegetable garden knows how much space and work would be involved to produce enough food to feed a couple of dozen people even one meal a day. Those little planter boxes they had scattered around were cosmetic, nothing more.
I thought this too- they'd need massive tracks of land (or at least some cultivated fields). That was part of what reinforces the cannibalism idea... along with the box o' bloody bones.

Jayrok said:
Gator Shawn said:
The more I think about it, the less I think that Terminus is Cannibal Central.

I think it's way too obvious that's what we're supposed to think.

I get a very military/organized vibe from the way the guy was operating. He was very precise in how he dealt with Rick. I suppose that doesn't do anything to rule out cannibalism, but with a well-organized and supplied and "walker" secure facility, I would think you could do better than cannibalism. As a railyard, there could have been significant quantity of supplies in container cars there.
I'm inclined to agree. Cannibalism just doesn't seem right for that type of organization. Someone above mentioned antidote, which is interesting. There may be a scientist there searching for a cure and they need involuntary volunteers to do the research on. Seems they'd love to have Judith.

When they were running from the bullets there were lots of box car containers stacked that appeared to have people inside yelling for help. Perhaps the food is drugged but with test antidotes. People they gather eat and they have to wait for a week before they can test the effects. Ricks group didn't eat so maybe they're in for a different fate before they escape.

It's possible the compound has good intentions but Rick's group will end up destroying their research, etc. After all, this show gives us lots of ups and downs where the group is happy and surviving (farming at prison for awhile... Carol, Tyrese and girls safe at the house with the water well, etc.) only to have that sense of safety ripped from us by some terrible event. In this case maybe it is Rick who screws the pooch and messes up the progress. Just spitballing.
Right, and we don't KNOW what happened with Glen's group. They may well have not eaten and had the same fate.

Jayrok said:
ghostguy123 said:
Jayrok said:
ghostguy123 said:
Jayrok said:
ghostguy123 said:
What it is about the person actually having to be deal to magically bite someone and "turn" them?
wat?
What?
Deal or no deal? If you mean dead, people turn when they die unless the brain is destroyed, regardless of how they die. I think they revealed that being bitten only speeds up the death process. So I believe that Joe would have turned too since Rick killed him by means other than shooting/stabbing him in the brain. The other guy wouldn't turn because Michonne shot him in the head. The guy Rick stabbed would have turned. I guess we can assume that they stabbed their brains afterwards and threw their bodies off the road, since Rick and Daryl sat beside the truck after everything went down.
I am talking about how the bites kill people. When the walkers bite people, they die somewhat quickly...................why? Why would a walker biting someone have that effect, but not a living person.

Haha, even better question. What if a walker bites someone, and the that person who is still alive bites someone..............................hmmmm :nerd: :nerd:
It doesn't kill them instantly. They bleed out just like Joe bled out when Rick bit him. The man at the railroad track that told Tyresse to take the girls to terminus, he was bitten but didn't die immediately, but it was just a matter of time because he was bleeding out from his neck/shoulder.

Hershel was bitten by a walker at the prison, but they caught it and cut off his leg before he bled out. So he lived.
Is this conversation for real?
Oh it's real, Jerry, it's very real.

(HULK) said:
The episode was really put together well. The items Rick recognizes are recalled in the flash backs. The rabbit snare path/trail thing correlates with the gammut Rick and Co get run through. Rick started off season 3 as a pansy and now we know why, and now he's dark and badass because some hefty redneck tried to go Deliverance on his kid, and we know why.

Good episode.

Oh, and much like the rabbit snare was to trap food, so was the one Rick and Co ran through. Terminus is eating people, its not up for debate.
:goodposting: I really liked that episode. And yeah, they're definitely eating people. Makes sense too. Why risk going out on runs if you can have it delivered?

J
Sure. Vegetable gardens and livestock have been grown like this since the beginning of time. And that's usually been the choice over cannibalism. Even on limited land. Just like they were doing at the prison. That's all I'm saying.

And like I said, I know you can't start picking apart logical decisions but the idea that they'd build a society based on luring the few humans in and then eating them seems pretty far fetched, even for a zombie show. But I'm playing along. It's their story and it has me in the fold.

J

J
Sure. Vegetable gardens and livestock have been grown like this since the beginning of time. And that's usually been the choice over cannibalism. Even on limited land. Just like they were doing at the prison. That's all I'm saying.

And like I said, I know you can't start picking apart logical decisions but the idea that they'd build a society based on luring the few humans in and then eating them seems pretty far fetched, even for a zombie show. But I'm playing along. It's their story and it has me in the fold.

J
It wouldn't be a good long term strategy, but it would seem that humans may be the easiest prey in this world. Look at how hard it is to catch a rabbit - just for a few scraps and the high risk of running into a zombie horde. For humans, just put up some signs and let the prey come to you.

The woman sending out the radio message definitely sounded like she was drugged or brainwashed. Lends credence to that theory.

J

J
It wouldn't be a good long term strategy, but it would seem that humans may be the easiest prey in this world. Look at how hard it is to catch a rabbit - just for a few scraps and the high risk of running into a zombie horde. For humans, just put up some signs and let the prey come to you.
Problem is if people stop coming to terminus at what point would the cannibals start turning on each other?

Users who are viewing this thread