What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official "Ultimate Survivor" Thread (2 Viewers)

Yes, Switz, I'm pretty sure I have clinched a spot.

Of all things, my 2 defenses (Tenn. or Tampa Bay) haven given me like 16-20 points every week. I think I paid $1 each for them. That was pretty much luck, I admit, but I thought going in that those two teams had tough defenses.

Anyone clinch moving onto round 2 yet?
We have 1 guy in ours (league 7) that has clinched round 2 (Clayton Gray).
How can they have clinched? Aren't there eliminations each week?
No one gets eliminated until the end of week 5. Each week you get an overall W-L record against your league, and at the end of the 5 weeks, the top-4 best W-L records move on. That's in the H2H leagues, there are a few TP leagues as well, but they are harder to predict who moves forward, because most of the top teams in those leagues are pretty lose in points.

Hi Switz. One of us must be reading this wrong, but to the best of my understanding, Leagues 2, 5, 6, 8 and 11 are Survivor Leagues...

Leg 1 Details:

These leagues will be a combination of Best ball and Survivor (ie no transactions). The Survivor leagues will vote off 2,1,2,1,2 in their five weeks (to get to 4 teams). Best ball will be cumulative record against the other teams

I'm in League 8 and going into Week 5, six are gone and six remain - 'The Turk' will come calling for the final two late Monday Night...

...so unless I'm nuts (which is entirely likely), several (half) the Teams in the Survivor Leagues have already been given the boot.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

PS: It's only Tuesday and I'm already starting to get riled up about this week's games! Can't come soon enough! :popcorn:

Hi Switz. One of us must be reading this wrong, but to the best of my understanding, Leagues 2, 5, 6, 8 and 11 are Survivor Leagues...

Leg 1 Details:

These leagues will be a combination of Best ball and Survivor (ie no transactions). The Survivor leagues will vote off 2,1,2,1,2 in their five weeks (to get to 4 teams). Best ball will be cumulative record against the other teams

...so unless I'm nuts (which is entirely likely), several (half) the Teams in the Survivor Leagues have already been given the boot.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
Hmmm... I can't give you the 'correct' answer, as I don't know it... but I do remember asking about this, and was told it's cumulative record at the end of week 5... perhaps someone 'in the know' could fill us in....The way I read it...

These twelve leagues will all compete for the first five weeks of the NFL season. At the end of those five weeks, the top 4 teams in each league will advance to round two of the competition.

Between weeks 5 and 6 of the NFL season, the 48 people advancing will compete in 4 new 12-team leagues (Leg 2). These leagues will span 5 weeks as well and all be performance/PPR leagues (with different scoring rules though) and will be a Best Ball format. Draft dates/times as well as league rules for leg 2 leagues will be determined at a later time.

Leg 3 (Final 12 people) will draft after week 10 and before week 11. This league will span 6 weeks and will be a PPR league. Draft dates/times as well as league rules will be determined at a later time.

If that's the case, then the League commissioners should have let us know each week who was booted. Another reason I don't think it works that way....ETA - I PMd Dodds to get an answer... and here it is:
There are two different types of leagues. Best Ball, there are no eliminations until the end of week 5. Survivor, there are teams eliminated each week (2/1/2/1/2).
So for Leagues 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 12 - there are no eliminations until week 5. Hence, some owners by their record may already have clinched a position in Leg 2.For 2, 5, 6, 8, and 11 - 6 people should already have been eliminated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's the case, then the League commissioners should have let us know each week who was booted. Another reason I don't think it works that way....ETA - I PMd Dodds to get an answer.
On the bottom of the weekly FBG content page there is a box with the Ultimate Survivor league links and an article each week outlining the status and who was booted in the Survivor leagues.

If that's the case, then the League commissioners should have let us know each week who was booted. Another reason I don't think it works that way....ETA - I PMd Dodds to get an answer.
On the bottom of the weekly FBG content page there is a box with the Ultimate Survivor league links and an article each week outlining the status and who was booted in the Survivor leagues.
Ahh.... thanks!

Link to week 4 standings/results

Link to week 4 standings/results
Not a subscriber, so I can't see them... but no worries.

Summary for non subscribers:

League 1

Moving On: Team Legacy, alonegunman

Still Alive: Neil Beaufort Zod, Anthony Borbely, Ministry of Pain, Grid71, Raskell5, Gatorman

Out: Bob, Henry, podunker, Bri, Museboy

League 2

Still Alive: Larry Allen’s Jockstrap, Andy Dufresne, Jackhammer, Bob Sacamano, bryhamm, tex

Out: Chris Smith, Adonis, Will Grant, Rhino, Davej626, weightdriven

League 3

Still Alive: David Dodds, eric rymer, renesauz, Shimshewana Psycho, Unlucky, Chais Commish, Denver90, wikkidpissah, footballman_696969, Maurile Tremblay

Out: Worm, Sweeper

League 4

Moving On: Jene Brammel

Still Alive: John Norton, Busman, crippler, bucki4life, bagger, by_the_sea_wannabee, Usual21

Out: Lash, Pictus Cat, Raider Nation, Fake_15

League 5

Still Alive: LHUCKS, IWBAC, kleck, Mr. Ham, satch, David Baker

Out: Joe Bryant, Iron Toe Nedney, The Duff Man, Quiz Guy66, acefootball, Warhogs

League 6:

Still Alive: reflint, Mik789fl, Eraser, Master of Past and Present, David Yudkin, Plastik

Out: Franknbeans, McBokonon, Marc Levin, Londo, Nod Nostrac, Ever Present Lurker

League 7:

Moving On: Clayton Gray

Still Alive: Renegade GM, Jason Wood, bshipper, LionsFan78, Idiot Boxer, jeter23, Jackal King

Out: rzrback77, Captain Quinoa, Verbal Kint, Challenge Everything

League 8:

Still Alive: Firesalt, Green and Gold, nittanylion, elcohiba, Marc Faletti, SSOG

Out: evilempire, Bruce Henderson, AhrnCiyPahnder, Dirty Weasel, Seymour Corn, jurb26

League 9:

Still Alive: Twilight, Fullback Fro, Jeff Haseley, a win again ov, Blue-Kin, construcxboy, Mark Wimer, Duckboy, Angry Beavers

Out: Tecumseh, comfortably numb, OddibeMcD

League 10:

Still Alive: switz, RC94, PatsFanCT, Colin Dowling, Aaron Rudnicki, Grove Diesel, Fennis, Hoart Petterson, Arctic Edge, gianmarco

Out: Federal, JEB

League 11:

Still Alive: radballs, Mike Herman, Jpeso, Jeff Tefertiller, BassNBrew, Workhorse

Out: Evilgrin 72, bicycle_seat_sniffer, tri-man 47, Sake-Bombers, Riffraff, The Ghost of Common

League 12:

Moving On: buck naked

Still Alive: EBF, Andy Hicks, Jeff Pasquino, JaxBill, Urlacher54, The Man with the Plan, Pygmy Marmoset

Out: Captain Hook, Tough as Nails, Jon_Moore, GregR

League 11 summary:

The remaining six have the following overall rankings after four weeks in our league:

#1 - radballs

#2 - Mike H

#3 - JPeso

#4 - Jeff T

#6 - BassNBrew

#12 - Workhorse

So the cream of the crop has held strong ...and then there's Workhorse! They don't call it 'survivor' for nuttin.

radballs has had surprisingly great QB scores alternating between Campbell and Schaub (drafted rounds 8/9), survived until Larry Johnson got going and B Marshall returned, and ridden along with both Arizona WRs.

tri-man 47 said:
League 11 summary:

The remaining six have the following overall rankings after four weeks in our league:

#1 - radballs

#2 - Mike H

#3 - JPeso

#4 - Jeff T

#6 - BassNBrew

#12 - Workhorse

So the cream of the crop has held strong ...and then there's Workhorse! They don't call it 'survivor' for nuttin.
Something is wrong there :unsure:

tri-man 47 said:
League 11 summary:

#1 - radballs

#2 - Mike H

#3 - JPeso

#4 - Jeff T

#6 - BassNBrew

#12 - Workhorse

Something is wrong there :hophead:
Maaaybe it's like a cesspool? All the big chunks float to the top.

Summary for non subscribers:League 3Still Alive: David Dodds, eric rymer, renesauz, Shimshewana Psycho, Unlucky, Chais Commish, Denver90, wikkidpissah, footballman_696969, Maurile TremblayOut: Worm, Sweeper
Here are the standings for league 3 if anyone is interested. Looks like it could still come down to the wire. No one has clinched anything yet. David Dodds 34-10-0eric rymer 34-10-0 renesauz 28-16-0 Shipshewana Psychos 25-19-0 Unlucky 25-19-0 Chaos Commish 22-22-0 Denver90 22-22-0 wikkidpissah 21-23-0 footballman_696969 19-25-0 Maurile Tremblay 19-25-0 Sweeper 9-35-0 Worm 6-38-0

Update after week 4:

IN

Team Legacy 38-6-0

alonegunman 35-9-0 (barring a miracle, in)

STILL ALIVE, FIGHTING FOR 2 SPOTS

Neil Beaufort Zod 26-18-0

Anthony Borbely 26-18-0

Ministry of Pain 25-19-0

Grid71 23-21-0

Raskell5 23-21-0

Gatorman 22-22-0

OUT

Bob Henry 13-31-0

podunker 13-31-0

Bri 12-32-0

Musesboy 8-36-0

I though I was toast after starting with a 2-9 week one, but the 11-0 this week gives me a chance. I don't especially like my matchups this week, but this has been crazy enough for me to know anything can happen. I'm in decent shape roster wise. I'm just glad to be in the hunt. Neil was 0-11 this week, after back-to-back weeks of 11-0. With six teams looking for 2 spots and all within 4 games, it's pretty wide open.
The above is from league 1. It's going to be a battle with 6 teams all within 4 games, fighting for the last 2 spots. Of note: 4 of the top 5 teams drafted 8th or later.

tri-man 47 said:
League 11 summary:

#1 - radballs

#2 - Mike H

#3 - JPeso

#4 - Jeff T

#6 - BassNBrew

#12 - Workhorse

radballs has had surprisingly great QB scores alternating between Campbell and Schaub (drafted rounds 8/9), survived until Larry Johnson got going and B Marshall returned, and ridden along with both Arizona WRs.
I was #3 coming into this week and my entire team decided to lay a collective egg in the same week. I hate survivor formats. :thumbdown:

I was #3 coming into this week and my entire team decided to lay a collective egg in the same week. I hate survivor formats. :goodposting:
My team laid an egg as well... fortunately the league I'm in is Best Ball, AND I reviewed the scores and I'd still be alive anyway if it were survivor, because Petterson was still in it and his team did worse than mine this week....I am about 90% ensured to make it into leg 2... but there is that 10% chance of my team sucking again

League 11 summary:

#1 - radballs

#2 - Mike H

#3 - JPeso

#4 - Jeff T

#6 - BassNBrew

#12 - Workhorse

I was #3 coming into this week and my entire team decided to lay a collective egg in the same week. I hate survivor formats. :lmao:
My team WAS number three and I just had a bad week. I got a flat tire.

I had a heavy meal that night and was under lots of stress from work.

Always with the excuses, this one.

League 9 has three clinches so far. Myself, Fullback Fro, and Jeff Haseley.

The final spot is up for grabs right now with a possible 3 way tie.

Just a thought: drafting this week is going to be tough to get everyone together at the same time. There are going to be 4 leagues. I assume Dodds will want to split the staff up again. Perhaps 4 draft times will be set and then we can choose which one works for us, just like the first leagues? I'm not sure there is any reason to "seed" the teams into set leagues based on the first 5 weeks.

Just a thought: drafting this week is going to be tough to get everyone together at the same time. There are going to be 4 leagues. I assume Dodds will want to split the staff up again. Perhaps 4 draft times will be set and then we can choose which one works for us, just like the first leagues? I'm not sure there is any reason to "seed" the teams into set leagues based on the first 5 weeks.
Scheduling short-term for 48 people is going to be a tough, no-win situation, but I hope everyone understands that massive flexibility will be needed by everyone. I wish I had this problem, but my team took a dive in week 5. :confused:I'm not sure how this will be handled.

Scheduling short-term for 48 people is going to be a tough, no-win situation, but I hope everyone understands that massive flexibility will be needed by everyone. I wish I had this problem, but my team took a dive in week 5. :(I'm not sure how this will be handled.
The easy solution is to have the other 47 participants forfeit and give me the championship. This will save them the trouble of getting their hopes up. :confused:

EBF said:
Anthony Borbely said:
Scheduling short-term for 48 people is going to be a tough, no-win situation, but I hope everyone understands that massive flexibility will be needed by everyone. I wish I had this problem, but my team took a dive in week 5. :pickle:I'm not sure how this will be handled.
The easy solution is to have the other 47 participants forfeit and give me the championship. This will save them the trouble of getting their hopes up. :popcorn:
I hear this is the preliminary plan. Congratulations!

Curiousity question across all leagues:

How many people advanced with McGahee, Mason, Shaub, Andre J, or Slaton on their squad?

That unknown bye week may have laid waste to some participants.

Curiousity question across all leagues: How many people advanced with McGahee, Mason, Shaub, Andre J, or Slaton on their squad?That unknown bye week may have laid waste to some participants.
Was the top team in 9, and had Mason (and Curtis. )If someone advanced with McGahee, Schaub, or AJ, it wasn't because of them anyway. Those 3 weren't exactly rocking in the other 4 weeks. The Bye week might have affected a team in the Survivor leagues, but that would be the extent of it.

As for the Schedule for this week, any idea on when the leagues and drafting times will be announced?

Curiousity question across all leagues: How many people advanced with McGahee, Mason, Shaub, Andre J, or Slaton on their squad?That unknown bye week may have laid waste to some participants.
Was the top team in 9, and had Mason (and Curtis. )If someone advanced with McGahee, Schaub, or AJ, it wasn't because of them anyway. Those 3 weren't exactly rocking in the other 4 weeks. The Bye week might have affected a team in the Survivor leagues, but that would be the extent of it.
Was tied for 1st in league 3 with Dodds going into this week. From Balt/Hou I had McGahee, Rice, and Mark Clayton. I thought the McGahee/Rice combo would have kept me covered....who knew they would feature a 260 lb fullback. Between those guys and Colston, I feel pretty lucky to advance. LJ didn't help me at all this week.

Schaub and AJ owner here.......I should make it, but I won't call it a done deal until the final horn sounds tonight!

E

As for the Schedule for this week, any idea on when the leagues and drafting times will be announced?
Will have all of the info out tomorrow morning.
Let me once again recommend 4 distinct draft times and allow everyone to select the best time for them. Also, allow everyone access to see how the prior drafts went, as that information would be quite valuable. I assume each league is once again only competing within its own league, so that information won't provide any benefit to the last drafting league provided everyone in the league has access to it. Looking forward to the next round!

looks like after a terrible week I ended up in 3rd. Just happy to advance though. Really looking forward to the next round. :hot:

By my math, here are the unofficial teams moving on . . .

LEAGUE 1

Team Legacy

Neil Beaufort Zod

Ministry of Pain

Alonegunman

LEAGUE 2

Andy Dufresne

Jackhammer

Bob Sacamano

bryhamm

LEAGUE 3

David Dodds